Pathology is a medical specialty that involves the analysis and diagnosis of disease. Pathologists are physicians who evaluate many types of specimens, particularly tissue biopsies, including breast and prostate biopsies, blood and bone marrow, pap tests, and cytologic fluid from lumps and bumps.
We work closely with the clinicians to provide them with information about a patient's diagnosis and extent of disease. A patient may never meet us face to face; however we are actively involved with their doctors to provide them with the best possible medical care.
The number to arrange for pathology slide pick-up/send-out is the histology phone number: 630-264-8555.
The number to contact Anatomic Pathology Department: 630-264-8555
Services and symptoms treated
- Gross and microscopic examination of surgical pathology specimens
- Interpretation of special stains and immunohistochemistry
- Intraoperative evaluations and frozen sections services
- Interpretation of bone marrow biopsies
- Evaluation of peripheral blood smears
- Interpretation of pap
- Interpretation of cytology fluid from lumps and body fluid