Advocate Christ Lactation Clinic
Located at 4440 W. 95th St. Suite 1112E, Oak Lawn, IL
Advocate Christ Medical Center is staffed with certified lactation consultants who work with women from pregnancy until their baby is weaned. Since every woman's breastfeeding experience is unique, our lactation consultants are here to answer questions each mother has about making the nurturing choice to breastfeed.
Nursing mothers should set up an appointment with an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) if they are experiencing any of the following symptoms: baby having difficulty latching/feeding, baby not gaining weight, cracked nipples, engorgement, mastitis, nipple/breast anomaly, over supply, plugged duct, reduced supply, sore nipples, thrush/yeast.
Mothers may visit for outpatient consultations at our Lactation Clinic after receiving a prescription from a physician. The prescription must be in the mother's name and faxed to 708.361.7768.
Please call 708.684.1000 to make your appointment.
Appointments are available Tuesday-Friday 12:30-2:00 p.m.
Our board-certified consultants are registered nurses who have the professional expertise to help with:
- Breastfeeding and returning to work
- Breastfeeding a premature infant
- Breastfeeding twins, triplets and other multiple siblings
- Babies who seem fussy or reluctant to nurse
- Special-needs babies such as those with cleft palate, trisomy 21 or other medical complications
- Slow weight-gain babies
- Babies with weak sucking reflex
- Breast conditions, including inverted nipples, engorgement, blocked ducts or previous breast surgery
- Stimulation of lactation for adoption and other special circumstances
- Nutrition for the breastfeeding mother