Vidhya Viswanathan, MD

9555 South 52nd Avenue

Oak Lawn, IL 60453

Office: 708-684-5437

Fax: 708-876-1569

Meet Vidhya Viswanathan, MD

• Gender:
  • Clinical interests: Diabetes - PediatricDiabetes EducationDiabetes ManagementGrowth DisordersPubertyType 1 DiabetesType 2 Diabetes
  • Related website: https://www.advocatehealth.com/amg/

• Fellowship: Indiana University School of Medicine - Riley Hospital for Children
  • Residency: Indiana University School of Medicine - Riley Hospital for Children
  • Medical School: University of Illinois at Chicago, College of Medicine

• Pediatric Endocrinology

• Advocate Children's Hospital - Oak Lawn
  • Advocate Christ Medical Center
  • Advocate South Suburban Hospital

Comments

February 25, 2020 6:35 AM

Dr. Viswanathan is a brilliant physician, always sharing her knowledge about Type One Diabetes with us in terms the average person can understand. We absolutely admire Dr. Viswanathan's ability to look at on son's data and make positive changes to ensure a healthy & safe well being. We love Dr.V!!!!!

February 10, 2020 6:49 AM

Dr. V is always positive & fully explains the test results, next steps, & overall health goals.

January 27, 2020 3:14 PM

she was very nice and understanding

January 27, 2020 3:14 PM

she's a great doctor!

January 27, 2020 12:35 PM

We love Dr. V.!

January 20, 2020 9:29 PM

I am not too fond of this doctor and the continuing of seeing her. my child has shown no symptoms to that of which the doctor describes. it seems as tho they just want the money and I believe it has been a terrible experience.

January 20, 2020 7:25 AM

My daughter was diagnosed w/T1 diabetes in Nov. This visit was our first follow up. Everyone we have dealt with in the endo department has been great!

December 7, 2019 12:32 PM

Dr. V was great & very patient with my daughter through her crying. She let her sit on her lap to make her feel comfortable & was honest when she didn't have an answer which I prefer than making something up or lying.

December 7, 2019 12:32 PM

All staff was great.

November 14, 2019 8:35 AM

Dr. V is great. She is honest WITHOUT being rude!

November 14, 2019 8:35 AM

Great.

September 12, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. V. is always so pleasant, patient & gives us all the time we need with her. She's a pleasure to see & my daughter likes seeing her as well.

August 27, 2019 7:00 PM

Excellent Doctor, Nurses, Clerks, I would recommend to my friends and families

August 8, 2019 7:00 PM

We love Dr. V. She is very good at communicating and helping us understand.

July 14, 2019 7:00 PM

Excellent doctor and very knowledgeable & friendly.

July 14, 2019 7:00 PM

I appreciate the patience X's medical team has with our family. Parents must do what's best for their child & sometimes the appointment becomes a mediation for miscommunications or problems with at home treatment or follow-through between X & I. X is allowed to express his opinions and feelings. Dr. VV always chimes in with kindness and facts and her expertise focused on X's best quality of life now and as he grows up.

June 19, 2019 7:00 PM

We love Dr. V and her team. We are very grateful for them - They are doing amazing.

May 12, 2019 7:00 PM

We love Dr. V! She is so down to earth and really care about all my boys! I always feel comfortable with her recommendations.

April 26, 2019 7:00 PM

We have met Dr. V 1x. in person and spoken over the phone a couple of times. She has been amazing with my son as well as with me (mother). She is down to earth, communicates well, respectful, funny (makes any dr. visit better), and so knowledgeable! She also took her time/put in considerable thought with us to discuss our situation and also in deciding a plan of action for my son. We feel safe with her and that is the most we can ask for in a dr. as it secures everything else we need from a dr.! Pretty impressive impression from just 1 appointment.

February 8, 2019 6:00 PM

excellent and informative

Dr. V. and X have always treated my children with respect. They listen to my concerns as a parent and answer all my questions.

December 3, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. Viswanathan is an EXPERT in her specialty. Our son is extremely comfortable during his visits with Dr. Viswanathan due to her patience and understanding of his chronic medical condition. We look forward to our checkups every three months because of Dr. Viswanathan's bedside manner. It is very evident Dr. Viswanthan loves what she does by her empathy, compassion, and love of her patients. She is truly a gift from God. Thank you Dr. V for all that you do for our son and family. You are more than a gifted doctor, you are a true friend.

September 30, 2018 7:00 PM

I liked how I was taken care of in the clinic. They have excellent nurses.

August 23, 2018 7:00 PM

Excellent physician she speaks to you in terms that are easy to understand about this health condition & steps to take to keep it under control.

August 12, 2018 7:00 PM

The doctor was great with my son.

June 24, 2018 7:00 PM

Great!

June 24, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Viswanathan goes above and beyond for the best care for her patients. She takes her time and explains and makes sure you understand.

April 29, 2018 7:00 PM

I'm answering for my son. He likes the doctor and has a great experience. They always give excellent service.

March 30, 2018 7:00 PM

I love this doctor. She is always friendly and easy to talk to. I trust her completely.

March 1, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. V is the absolute BEST pediatric Endocrinologist with Advocate Medical Group! Extremely well educated in her specialty and in turn our son X is in excellent health! We respect and admire Dr. V's dedication, hard work, knowledge, advice, and her time spent with us at each and every appointment. We are SO fortunate to have Dr. V caring for our little T1D warrior. We love Dr. Viswanathan!!!

February 26, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. Viswanathan is an amazing doctor and always listens to what you have to say and knows very much what she is talking about.

February 25, 2018 6:00 PM

we love Dr. V she is the best! her team is the best

February 15, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. V and team is the best.

February 1, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. Viswanathan is a caring and competent doctor. I wish all doctors were like her!

January 22, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr took time & care in answering any questions I had. She was thorough & respectful. I appreciated how she handled our specific need & did not race or rush into anything that may not be necessary.

January 21, 2018 6:00 PM

We have worked with Dr. V before so we knew what to expect from her. She's great.

October 24, 2017 7:00 PM

Dr. Viswanathan is beyond an extraordinary provider! We trust the excellent care she provides our son XX. I have met many parents in the T1D community and no one parent brags about their child's endocrinologist the way we do! I have parents asking me all the time "who is XX's endocrinologist?". I proudly state "Dr. Viswanathan, she's the very best!" We love Dr. V!!!!

September 26, 2017 7:00 PM

Dr. V. and her team are always amazing. Having a Type 1 diabetic child is scary and stressful, but Dr. V. is always there to help with questions and concerns. She makes us feel like our son is safe and in great care.

September 21, 2017 7:00 PM

Dr. Viswanathan was very caring, passionate, concerned, friendly, understanding, and informational. She made the visit a pleasant one in which I was.

September 18, 2017 7:00 PM

Dr. V and her staff of nurses are the most caring and committed group. I could not manage my son's diabetes needs without their ever constant advice.

August 16, 2017 7:00 PM

She is an amazing human being. She was WONDERFUL with my son. I felt 100% comfortable with her right away. She is very intelligent and great with patients and parents.

July 25, 2017 7:00 PM

Dr. Viswanathan is very knowledgeable in her area of practice. We were satisfied after meeting her for my child and were truly relieved of many concerns we had before the visit. I wish her all the best and thank her for taking the time explain everything to us.

July 17, 2017 7:00 PM

we go to Dr. V for ongoing treatment. She is kind and truly cares about my daughter.