Thomas P. Dovidio, DO

Specialty: Pediatrics

Use our symptom checker if you think you’ve been exposed to COVID-19 or have symptoms. Stay up to date with our Resource Center.

To keep everyone safe, our guidelines limit the number of visitors at our locations. Find guidelines to help plan your visit.

Schedule via MyAdvocateAurora

Advocate Medical Group

1710 North Randall Road

Elgin, IL 60123

Office: 847-214-5740

Fax: 847-214-5757

Meet Thomas P. Dovidio, DO

• Residency: Advocate Lutheran General Hospital, Pediatrics
  • Medical School: Nova Southeastern University College Of Osteopathic Medicine

• Pediatrics

• Advocate Sherman Hospital

Comments

July 25, 2020 12:06 PM

Awesome place and providers

July 16, 2020 10:30 AM

An excellent physician!! Great listener.

June 29, 2020 6:19 PM

love the quality if care we received that day

June 27, 2020 2:45 PM

We LOVE Dr Dovidio!! He was my son's doctor when he was a baby and we were happy to find him again.

June 27, 2020 2:45 PM

great experience

June 24, 2020 8:40 AM

Dr. Dovido and staff are always kind, helpful, patient and go out of their way to get you all the information you request.

June 2, 2020 7:10 AM

Very pleased.

May 26, 2020 10:03 AM

Dr. Dovidio is a great doctor and we are happy we made the switch to him. Very gentle and great with the kids.

May 25, 2020 1:13 PM

It was great! Dr. Dovidio listens and explains things the way I fully understand it. I don't feel rushed, he does really spend time with us and asks if I have any more questions or concerns.

April 27, 2020 8:47 PM

keep up the great work. you are appreciated:)

April 27, 2020 8:47 PM

I love Dr. Dovidio and his staff. They are always respectful and quick to return calls. I have full confidence in them to care for my children's medical needs.

April 23, 2020 8:54 AM

Dr. Dovidio and his staff are always courteous and professional. Dr. always takes his time and my son is very comfortable with him.

March 20, 2020 6:18 AM

Thomas P. Dovidio is not our normal doctor but he has been great every time I see him.

March 14, 2020 7:06 AM

GREAT doctor

March 14, 2020 7:06 AM

this was our first visit to see dr dovidio. we saw him 9 years ago at a different office. we loved him. he always listens to our concerns and addresses them. we are concerned with a chronic cough and he already had a plan in motion

December 13, 2019 11:40 PM

I love our doctor but some support staff lacks quite a bit, We came close to leaving the practice because of us, but we like our doctor and have stayed because of him

December 2, 2019 10:58 PM

Dr. Dovidio is very thorough. he takes his time with the kids and always answers all questions. He is very down to earth and my kids are comfortable around him.

October 28, 2019 7:00 PM

I always leave the office feeling comfortable with the recommendations and answers I get from Dr. Dovidio. It's always a good experience with him, he is definitely a great pediatrician.

October 18, 2019 7:00 PM

Amazing provider

October 9, 2019 7:00 PM

wonderful Dr. who goes yhe extra mile for hjs patients. I trust Dr. Davitio withall his medical recommendations.

September 29, 2019 7:00 PM

very good doctor

September 19, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Dovidio is an excellent pediatrician. He really cares about his patients and family's needs.

September 19, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr Dovidio and his staff are amazing!

September 17, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Dovidio & his nurses are the best!

September 8, 2019 7:00 PM

I am thankful for the doctor asking & sharing about my child's lack of IEP @ school. He even put a note on his physical & wrote a letter for us to the school.

September 8, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Dovidio is excellent.

September 6, 2019 7:00 PM

it was a positive experience as usual as my concerns were relieved.

September 2, 2019 7:00 PM

Our provider and his staff are excellent. However, the last visit was overshadowed by a terrible exit plan.

August 18, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Dovidio was thorough and discussed topics and issues that were specifically targeted and relevant to me

August 9, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr.Dovidio and his team are the best everyone is really nice and helpful. Thanks for everything!!

July 19, 2019 7:00 PM

love Dr Dovidio. He is great with my kids, talks to them directly, is calm and comforting and explains things for everyone to understand

July 16, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Dovidio is a wonderful pediatrician and does a terrific job w/our daughter & now our new son. We trust his opinion and he always takes time to answer all our questions.

July 16, 2019 7:00 PM

we love dr. dividio! he's great!

July 14, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Dovidio always provides excellent care for both my children.

July 10, 2019 7:00 PM

Very quick well visit Doctor Dovidio was very knowledgeable about child's history & answered all questions.

June 9, 2019 7:00 PM

we love our doctor and everyone there. everyone is very nice.

April 10, 2019 7:00 PM

He's great with my son and makes a great effort to make him comfortable.

March 17, 2019 7:00 PM

arrived on time, dr came in exam room right on time, exam and chat with me and my child was efficient and covered all our concerns, Rx prescribed electronically and everything was seamless

February 18, 2019 6:00 PM

Dr. Dovidio is excellent with my son and explaining everything about our visit. His office help is wonderful too.

Dr. Dovidio is such a great pediatrician. He takes his time to explain what is going on and answers all of our questions. As a first time parent, it was important to find an excellent pediatrician that cares about his patients and Dr. Dovidio is one of them. Always gives that reassurance that everything will be ok.

Dr. Dovidio and his supporting counterparts are always a pleasure to deal with. it is extremely impressive to me that the office seems to have small turnover since I am greeted by the same familiar faces each visit.

Dr. Dovidio is great

January 13, 2019 6:00 PM

we love our doctor and his staff! everyone is always very nice and friendly. Call backs or questions are always answered in a timely manner.

December 13, 2018 6:00 PM

Very happy w/doctor and majority of staff. I've had a couple issue with nurse and bedside manner w/shots.

November 20, 2018 6:00 PM

Great experience every time.

October 28, 2018 7:00 PM

Always a pleasant experience at the doctor's office. Everyone is kind, shows genuine interest & concern.

October 21, 2018 7:00 PM

The staff are somewhat courteous. Waiting time is reasonable as soon as we get there. The facility is neat and clean. Dr. Dovidio listens to me and my husband on everything we say and asks. He talks to us and explains in a way that we would understand. I love how they are flexible on the time we can make an appointment. That is a huge plus for my husband works Monday to Friday and he gets home around 4pm and they actually accommodates our time.

October 15, 2018 7:00 PM

He is always considerate. He listens and cares. Offers help my child might need.

October 14, 2018 7:00 PM

I have referred numerous friends to Dovidio.

October 12, 2018 7:00 PM

I am very happy with Dr. Dovidio. he is respectful and easy totalk to. He takes the time to listen and respond to my concerns with easy to understand responses.

September 23, 2018 7:00 PM

always good

September 20, 2018 7:00 PM

we love Dr Dovidio! he listens and answers questions great!

September 17, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Dovidio is a great, caring and compassionate doctor! we could not have asked for a better person to help us navigate our first child's health and well being!

September 15, 2018 7:00 PM

although there are closer doctors to where we live, we gladly drive 30 minutes to see Dr. Dovidio!

August 19, 2018 7:00 PM

I LOVE Dr Dovidio! He is kind and patient, such a great listener! So kind to my son! spends so much time with us. I recommend him to everyone I know. I also love the staff there! They are welcoming and also so wonderful with my son!

July 20, 2018 7:00 PM

he is an amazing doctor! so great with children!

July 8, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Dovidio and his staff are amazing! Thank you for everything!

June 25, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Dovidio was great!

June 24, 2018 7:00 PM

Dovidio is awesome - so kind and gentle with our baby and very professional and sweet with my husband and i. makes us feels heard and welcome.

June 17, 2018 7:00 PM

Thank you so much for your time with us

June 2, 2018 7:00 PM

excellent doctor! you can tell that he is really passionate about his job and loves kids! he is very knowledge and nice

June 1, 2018 7:00 PM

The visit was great! The physician knows my background already and also information regarding my son's health. He was very attentive and listened to what me and my husband had to say. Overall, it was great!

May 23, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Dovidio has been very caring and compassionate for my son X. I respect his opinion and have been comfortable with him this far.

May 6, 2018 7:00 PM

We love Dr. Dovitio. very patience and knowledgeable

April 27, 2018 7:00 PM

This was our first time seeing dividio. He did an excellent job with my son, taking to him and getting him to feel comfortable and sit still for his exam. I really liked his bedside manner and his thorough exam and explanation of facts about ear infections etc. he was great!

April 26, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Dovidio is an amazing doctor. He will listen to all your kid's problems & helps out in any way possible.

April 25, 2018 7:00 PM

The nurses are always friendly and show genuine interest in X and how she is doing. Dr Dovidio also shows genuine interest in X. He is knowledgeable and shows understanding. He remains positive and has always taken the time to listen and explain further on topics we discuss.

March 23, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Dovidio and the staff are always prompt, kind and provide great care for my son. I appreciate the easy conversations I can have with Dr. Dovidio and the staff about what is best for my child's care. Thank you for all you do!

March 13, 2018 7:00 PM

Never a bad experience with Dr. Dovidio. My 2 sons are complicated and Dr. Dovidio has helped a lot since moving here.

March 12, 2018 7:00 PM

We love Dr Dovidio and his staff - always a pleasure

February 25, 2018 6:00 PM

overall very good experience! only confusing thing is when I make a follow up appointment I wait around for a nurse to help - feels awkward like there shld be a designated person or spot to make appointments.

February 20, 2018 6:00 PM

Love Dr. Dovidio! I can tell he really loves working with Babies!

February 12, 2018 6:00 PM

Our daughter needed blood work done a few times during her first week of life, Dr Dividio called us himself each time with the results. Our daughter also needed a bili blanket, the office set this up with home health and made the process very easy for us

January 29, 2018 6:00 PM

We always have a pleasant experience with my sons doctor and office as we did with the previous office he was with prior to his move to Randall Road.

January 19, 2018 6:00 PM

We were seen by the nurses and dr almost as soon as we got there. Very efficient and explained what they were doing. easy routine checkup

January 17, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. Dovidio was patient, thorough and kind. I'm so lucky we found him!

January 15, 2018 6:00 PM

he is caring and great bed side care with patients I would recommend Dr.Dovidio anytime

January 15, 2018 6:00 PM

everytime we see Dr Dovidio, it's a great appointment. He explained everything in a way thats easy to understand without talking down to us. He ruled out everything that "could be" and ran the necessary tests to properly diagnose before sending us home. we've been patients for 2 years now and couldn't be happier that both of our kids see Dr Dovidio!

December 24, 2017 6:00 PM

we love Dr. Dovidio, I could not ask for a better doctor for my children!

December 17, 2017 6:00 PM

Always a great and very informative visit. Takes time to answer any and all questions. Really cares about us as a family!

December 16, 2017 6:00 PM

X was due for a regular checkup. We did not have to wait at all to be seen by the dr. He was very informative on what to expect with our newborn and thoroughly explained what he was looking for when checking out our son. We are very pleased with this office and look forward to continue seeing them for my children's needs.

December 3, 2017 6:00 PM

We love seeing Dr Dovidio! He is so nice to XX and very informative. I recommend him to all of our friends with children.

November 22, 2017 6:00 PM

XX is special needs and has been seeing Dr. Dovidio for over 6 years he is really good with her and she likes him a lot. he always takes his time with us and helps and answers any questions

November 5, 2017 6:00 PM

We love Dr Dovidio, although I can't say all the nurses and the support staff are the greatest. The nurse on this visit, wasn't at all good with giving the shots and lacked personality.

October 31, 2017 7:00 PM

Dr. Dovidio is always very patient and thorough. I would recommend this provider to all my family and friends.

Safe Care promise