Suwan Mehra, MD

Specialty: Maternal–Fetal MedicineFetal SurgeryObstetrics & Gynecology

Use our symptom checker if you think you’ve been exposed to COVID-19 or have symptoms. Stay up to date with our Resource Center.

To keep everyone safe, our guidelines limit the number of visitors at our locations. Find guidelines to help plan your visit.

Suwan Mehra, MD

Fax: 708-684-3045

890 Garfield Road

Libertyville, IL 60048

Office: 847-723-8610

Fax: 847-723-2290

Meet Suwan Mehra, MD

• Fellowship: Saint Louis University School of Medicine, Maternal Fetal Medicine
  • Residency: Wheeling Hospital, Family Medicine
  • Residency: West Virginia University School of Medicine, Obstetrics & Gynecology
  • Medical School: Manipal Hospital

• Maternal–Fetal Medicine
  • Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Advocate Christ Medical Center
  • Advocate Condell Medical Center
  • Advocate Dreyer
  • Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital

Comments

July 13, 2020 4:05 PM

doctor was very helpful . spend time answering questions and went above and beyond to make me feel comfortable.

July 5, 2020 9:25 AM

the whole team was patient, kind, knowledgeable and very confident which was very calming to both my husband and I

July 5, 2020 9:25 AM

I feel like I had the very best care I could have been given. thank you to all who were involved.

June 21, 2020 12:40 PM

my experience was very good. Dr Mehra took a lot of time to discuss my concerns and possible outcomes. The wait time is very very long. I believe I was seen close to an hour AFTER my appointment time.

June 1, 2020 11:07 PM

Dr. Mehra is a wonderful doctor with a great supportive staff!

May 19, 2020 12:45 PM

He was awesome & explained everything in a way that was easy to understand. He made me feel comfortable with my options.

February 22, 2020 6:57 AM

thank you for everything my journey wouldn't have happened without this doctor and advocate team. we drive 45 mins just for them.

January 27, 2020 6:49 PM

Excellent Experience

January 27, 2020 6:49 PM

Dr. Mehra is extremely knowledgeable and confident with answering any questions I had about this pregnancy. He is extremely personable and we appreciate the care and time he gives to us during our appointments!

January 20, 2020 5:06 PM

Dr. Mehra was extremely informative for our Level 2 ultrasound. He explained everything we were looking at for our baby and explained it in a way that was understandable. Our ultrasound tech was also very informative and friendly throughout the whole check. Both respected our wishes to not find out the gender and did not slip up! We were very pleased with our visit.

January 15, 2020 8:47 AM

He is THE BEST!

January 15, 2020 8:47 AM

I wish every experience I have was as great as mine w/Dr. Mehra. He's amazing!

November 26, 2019 7:48 AM

I was a very good experience, I felt the team really care about my and my baby's well-being

November 26, 2019 7:48 AM

Dr. Mehra was very kind and explained everything in detail for me. He is very knowledgeable and really care about my and my baby's well-being. I am very grateful to Dr. Mehra and his team, they really care about their patients. The staff were also very kind and willing to help with everything I needed

November 17, 2019 11:00 PM

very good

November 17, 2019 11:00 PM

everyone made me feel very comfortable and cared for my best interest.

October 5, 2019 7:00 PM

there are a good friedly person wirh the respect.

October 3, 2019 7:00 PM

All the staff is very friendly. I was able to get an appointment quickly.

September 18, 2019 7:00 PM

I feel very confident in Dr. Mehra & feel I have been taken care of very well.

August 29, 2019 7:00 PM

The doctor was great. However, we were told to show up at 10:15 for an appointment at 10:30. They took my blood pressure and weight and had to wait on the waiting room for the technician to have my 2D ultrasound done. I wasn't called by the technician till 11:30. We left their doctor's office at 12:30. We had to wait so much!!

August 27, 2019 7:00 PM

He's an amazing Doctor and has alot of knowledge and experience. I highly recommend him!

August 18, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Suwan Mehra was very knowledgeable and explained everything I needed to know. Overall, experience with Dr. Mehra was wonderful and he puts your mind at ease.

August 7, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Mehra was the best doctor I have been seen by. He was so caring, knowledgeable and thorough. I felt 100% confident in his suggestions and the care he offered me. I would highly recommend Dr. Mehra to others. He is truly the best! Dr. Mehra ordered the appropriate tests and procedures needed for my health, as well as the health of my unborn baby. My baby was born and is doing great. Dr. Mehra kept me informed about every step of the process after receiving test results. He made me feel like a priority.

July 3, 2019 7:00 PM

felt like I was in the best hands possible for the care of my high rush pregnancy. would highly recommend dr mehra to any woman with a high risk pregnancy

June 25, 2019 7:00 PM

Overall great experience, DT Suwan it's the best; very kind; and helpful! The best DT I ever talked to! Thank you!

June 3, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Mehra and his staff are the best. I had my doubts going to a provider that I had never met, but I'm glad I did. Best decision I could've made.

May 24, 2019 7:00 PM

he was thoughtful, patient and kind. took his time to discuss things and explained everything clearly. answered all of my questions.

April 24, 2019 7:00 PM

We had to wait quite a bit of time to see the provider, but we were kept informed of the situation (there was another pt. emergency) and overall had an excellent visit.

March 17, 2019 7:00 PM

very friendly. very nice office.

February 13, 2019 6:00 PM

Overall experience was good. Only complaint is that wait times were often long.

February 1, 2019 6:00 PM

Dr. Mehra and his staff are professional, courteous, and kind. I'm not sure if it is because of the sensitive nature of Maternal Fetal Medicine, but they are an excellent team.

he was very polite, great listener

good

Dr Mehra is the most caring Doctor I have met in my life, may god keep on helping him with his knowledge and may he never change his ways of talking to patient that need help, like I did. I will forever be thankful to him..

He is a very excellent doctor, and a compassionate person. He is greatly listen and respect my wishes. Anyone who's pregnant, and I would recommend any of you to go and make appointment with him. :)

January 18, 2019 6:00 PM

Excellent care. Calm and patient demeanor. Took time to thoroughly explain everything and answer all questions.

January 14, 2019 6:00 PM

I hope I never have to go back to this office - it was one of the worse, if not, the worse experiences I have had for something that should be routine. I am happy that I am or wasn't sick because it would have made matters worse. The office was terrible, I had to wait an extremely long time to get seen or even to get checked in. My appointment was in Libertyville originally and no one bothered to call or tell me that it was changed and I needed to go to Park Ridge. I cancelled my future appointment with this office because I no longer wish to go there. The commute itself wouldn't have been an issue if they had told me from the beginning that I needed to go there. It didn't matter though because none of my health records were on file even though I have been here before.

November 23, 2018 6:00 PM

He is simply excellent & professional

November 11, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. Mehra has been the most helpful medical service provider with whom I have met during this pregnancy. He was the first who listened to me. He provided information to me so that I could read up on my concerns. This allowed me to move forward in having such concerns addressed. Dr. Mehra takes time to explain and to discuss until the patient and any accompanying family member are satisfied.

November 4, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. Mehra was exceptional. I feel grateful and lucky to have had him perform my surgery. The receptionists and staff were so polite and helpful and made me feel so comfortable and relaxed even though I was referred to Advocate for a very serious surgey.

November 3, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Mehra was very kind and thorough with the care he provided. In a very high stress situation for a patient, he was calm and although this is something he does every day, he took the time to explain things in a way that was able to alleviate some of my concerns and fears.

October 28, 2018 7:00 PM

it was great. Dr. Mehra and his staff are wonderful and made a tough situation a little more bareabe

September 7, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Mehra was so helpful and knowledgeable. He put my husband and I at ease and made us feel extremely comfortable.

August 24, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr Mehra is the best Doctor, he is always there to answer any questions and explains everything very good. He is so responsible & professional. He is Excellent Dr. I will recommend anyone to go to him.

August 12, 2018 7:00 PM

Wait times at this office are horrible. When you call to make an appointment, I always get transferred to the answering service and don't get called back for 3 days.

June 26, 2018 7:00 PM

always wonderful- best doctor at advocate

June 13, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Mehra is always well-prepared and current on my health history. He presents information in a clear, concise manner, explains all options, and welcomes out thoughts on the plan of care. We know what is going on & what to expect. He is friendly & easy to talk to/share with.

June 12, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Mehna, listen to all my questions. He makes me feel comfortable when I'm scared.

June 11, 2018 7:00 PM

The dr. was very personable. He was the 1st time I saw him. I had been to the office in years past and some of the other drs. (who are no longer there) were not nice.

May 31, 2018 7:00 PM

Excellent.

April 3, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Mehra is very intellectual but at the same time very humble and not intimidates. He respects what you have to say and answers your questions very clearly. As difficult my situation is, I think I am confident having him involved with my care as well as my baby's. I trust him and hopefully he will continue to follow me until I give birth. 5 stars for Dr. Mehra

March 25, 2018 7:00 PM

whenever I have an appointment with doctor mehra he gives me all the information I need and more. one of the best doctors I've ever seen.

February 25, 2018 6:00 PM

He could of been a little more caring and compassionate during my crisis. He really showed no emotion.

January 29, 2018 6:00 PM

i started my care with Northwestern and transferred to Lutheran General. Best decision I could have made. Doctor Mahra provides true care. I felt like I was seeing a doctor and not on a production line (compared to NW).

January 29, 2018 6:00 PM

my last visit before this one was a mess. i was locked up in a room for more than an hour. i felt very sick . but my visit with Dr Mehra was smooth. XX the radiographer was awesome. she was very professional and provided the perfect room with a fan for me. i really appreciated it. my last visit was a very good one. my nurse was equally helpful. she listened to my concerns and addressed them immediately with dr. mehra. great team work. loved it.

January 21, 2018 6:00 PM

very knowledgeable and informative

January 11, 2018 6:00 PM

Best provider we've seen during our pregnancy!

December 17, 2017 6:00 PM

Dr. Mehra is one of a kind and a very good doctor. I am so glad my continued care will be with him

December 5, 2017 6:00 PM

Love the doctor and team. Very friendly and make sure you understand everything going on! So happy I chose them!

November 19, 2017 6:00 PM

over all good but didn't like the fact that they couldn't see that I had something else wrong until I told them so maybe an update on the ultrasound machine

November 15, 2017 6:00 PM

Just very long wait times. It's been horrible. Also they have the same office right by my house but I can't go there due to my insurance not covering b/c they don't own their own equipment. I think that's horrible.

Safe Care promise