Sudhir S Sekhon, MD

Office: 630-859-8700

Fax: 630-264-8658

Meet Sudhir S Sekhon, MD

• Secondary languages: Hindi
  • Gender:
  • Primary area of focus: Medical Oncology
  • Clinical interests: Blood DisordersBrain TumorsBreast CancerColon CancerLung CancerLymphomaMultiple MyelomaOvarian CancerProstate CancerTesticular Cancer
  • Related website: https://www.advocatehealth.com/amg/

• Illinois Health Connect
  • Imagine Health Smart Care
  • Sunrise Advantage Plan
  • UHC / AARP MedicareComplete (Secure Horizons) HMO
  • United Healthcare Select EPO
  • United Healthcare Select PPO

Comments

March 23, 2020 2:12 PM

Dr. Sekhon is always professional, I value his advice and trust in his care for me.

March 23, 2020 2:12 PM

I have recently moved to Kingston, IL but still travel 45 minutes to Dr. Sekhon for my care because I truly like him and trust he will do what is best for me.

March 18, 2020 11:27 AM

All went well , routine.

March 6, 2020 11:00 PM

Courteous, patient - Supportive.

March 6, 2020 11:00 PM

Considering what I was there for - It was a good experience.

February 21, 2020 4:15 AM

It was pleasant and I felt it was thorough.

February 4, 2020 9:54 AM

I have complete confidence in him, his skills, his care and explanations of my progress. With plans to move to Colorado as soon as the house sells, we discussed getting a new family care doctor in Grand Junction, Colorado and ask him for a referral for an hemotologist, oncologist in our upcoming new neighborhood. He explained how EPIC is the electronic system Advocate uses and this would be a positive feature for the next doctor to utilize, as it has my personal medical records and treatments for CLL, etc. making getting information easy and complete. Dr. Sekon is an amazing doctor with knowledge, skill, compassion and a sense of humor which I need in order to establish a good doctor/patient relationship with him. I share how satisfied I am and have been with friends, neighbors and family. He gave info on getting established in Colorado with a new hematologist and general practitioner. He elaborated on EPIC system so medical records would easily be accessible to new team in Colorado. He went over results of labs and I shared about getting outdoors and golfing to loose some weight.

February 4, 2020 9:54 AM

Extremely good experiences throughout this journey of being diagnosed and treated for CLL He has been good communicator of what is going on within my body dealing with this disease. He answered all questions and concerns I and my family had while facing months of chemo and, blood tests, labs. He has gained all my trust in a positive doctor/patient framework. Thank God for this man!

January 3, 2020 10:03 AM

Dr. Sekhon is a cancer dr. I have stage four lung cancer. He and the nurses in the cancer section in my opinion are the best.

January 3, 2020 9:41 AM

Great experience as always. Dr. Sekhon listens intently, answers all questions, and let's me know what to take seriously or relieve some anxiousness by explaining test results in easy to understand terms, and whether or not it's anything to be concerned about.

January 3, 2020 9:41 AM

The only slight frustration experienced was at the check-in desk. At times there's a bit of confusion or a lot of people standing around, with only one person with the responsibility to check you in. Front desk area doesn't offer much privacy when giving personal information as the waiting area is tight quarters. Staff are usually friendly, just at times they are on auto pilot with giving direction that may contradict direction from the doctors nurse, causing the patient to have to reiterate/stress instructions given by nurse or doctor. Let me stress, never a horrible experience, just a little confusing at check in. Doctor visits and nurses are always great.

December 16, 2019 11:17 AM

I feel that he is doing the correct action in regard to my problem

December 16, 2019 11:17 AM

he is a caring doctor and I have every confidence in him.

November 2, 2019 7:00 PM

Late as usual. Always seams to be in a hurry. Appointments average five minutes or less which is very disappointing. Test results are not covered to keep me informed of my healths treatment progress. I would appreciate more information since it is my life on the line.

October 31, 2019 7:00 PM

Am always most satisfied with the attention to care & professionalism form all of my providers.

October 31, 2019 7:00 PM

Very nice, kind, spent time learning about me.

October 20, 2019 7:00 PM

I think that five minute how's it going regular meetings like this should be available over SKYPE or even the phone. The doctor reviews the lab tests; if there is nothing that will change the treatments, why can't the conversation be done over the phone. If there are concerns on either end, then there could be a face-to-face. It is a long drive there and back for a five minute session.

September 6, 2019 7:00 PM

very disappointed. he was very blunt. showed no empathy. spoke only of worse case. did not foster hope.

August 2, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Sekhon covered all my concerns.

August 2, 2019 7:00 PM

very satisfied with my health care team

August 2, 2019 7:00 PM

This provider is an oncologist, curing me for colon cancer. He is trying is best tgo make me comfortable in going through my chemo therapy

August 2, 2019 7:00 PM

I love doctor Sekhon. He is very kind, caring, and thorough.

July 28, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Sekhon is a wonderful doctor! Very informative and reassuring regarding how the patient is doing with anti-hormone therapy.

July 28, 2019 7:00 PM

I have the highest amount of appreciation and respect for Dr. Sekhon. He is extremely knowledgeable, courteous and thorough.

July 16, 2019 7:00 PM

Very good.

May 27, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Sekhon is a great listener and you can tell he truly cares.

May 26, 2019 7:00 PM

He does an excellent job. Doctor Sehkon answers my questions and provides answers that I understand. He takes time to listen to my concerns and is interested in my overall health.

April 25, 2019 7:00 PM

the sign said that the doctor was on time but i wasnt called in until 30 mins after my appointment

April 22, 2019 7:00 PM

The provider is always thorough and gives me a breast exam yearly

April 14, 2019 7:00 PM

He could not have done a better job. Took plenty of time to explain things to me.

March 24, 2019 7:00 PM

He was polite, competent and efficient.

February 27, 2019 6:00 PM

Service is good for me.

February 24, 2019 6:00 PM

good

February 9, 2019 6:00 PM

Dr. Sekhon was concerned about my lab work and notified an appropriate provider to follow up with more testing.

February 7, 2019 6:00 PM

I was very blessed with care of my cancer!

January 30, 2019 6:00 PM

was a pleasant and courteous visit .

January 28, 2019 6:00 PM

Dr. Sekhon is a very kind and compasionate man. He's informative and helpful. I thank God that he is my doctor.

good !

January 25, 2019 6:00 PM

This was a routine follow-up visit for melanoma that was removed 3.5 years ago. Dr. Sekhon does an excellent job explaining blood test results and next steps in watching for any recurrence.

Enjoy talking to him. He is very knowledgeable about this rare disease that I have.

January 13, 2019 6:00 PM

Dr Sekhon is a wonderful doctor I would recommend him to anyone.

January 13, 2019 6:00 PM

Excellent thank you for your services!

November 27, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. Sekhon is a very good dr.

November 27, 2018 6:00 PM

Such a short appointment why isn't this sort of consultation about recent blood test results available as an e-visit or phone. 5 minutes!

October 1, 2018 7:00 PM

He is always a good listener and knows what questions to ask. I am very comfortable talking to Dr. Sekhon and I would recommend him to any of my family and friends. He is a very caring and interested physician.

September 24, 2018 7:00 PM

very knowledgeable physician with excellent communication style

September 24, 2018 7:00 PM

seems to be less time spent with doctor than previous visits.

September 24, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Sekhon was easy to talk to as usual!

September 20, 2018 7:00 PM

Wasn't listening or didn't care about my answers to his questions. He offered no solution or suggestions or further questions.

September 17, 2018 7:00 PM

This was the first time I saw this provider after a referral from my primary. excellent consultation

August 26, 2018 7:00 PM

Dismissed my questions and failed to answer several of them. He seemed to actually be annoyed that I was asking questions to gain a better understanding of my cancer and it's current metatastatic state. He actually admitted his own knowledge of a key test was too limited.

August 20, 2018 7:00 PM

They should have more doctors at this clinic there are only a 1 helper left a nurse left & she was really good, this doctor is not very talkative.

August 4, 2018 7:00 PM

Very courteous; on time; friendly; understanding.

July 25, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr Sekhon is extremely intelligent and very thoughtful. He definitely listened to my thoughts and was genuinely concerned about my welfare.

July 24, 2018 7:00 PM

I was most impressed with Dr. Sekhone. I cannot remember ever rating a physician at a level of "perfect" with a maximum score, but I did so easily for him. I waited for him in the exam room only 5 minutes, he was professional, forthcoming with information about the reason I was referred to him, clearly explained why he was ordering some tests, provided me with options for the process for one of the tests, and answered all of my questions. I was especially appreciative of the fact that when I told him that I'm an academic (professor), and that I know the difference between acquiring information from peer-reviewed journals and Googling, he seemed to respect my desire to communicate and interact on a level that some might consider above the layperson who might not have the ability to access and/or understand (albeit at a minimal level) scholarly sources for their health conditions.

July 21, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Sekhon is easy to understand, caring, goes above and beyond when listening and answering questions. He is respectful and explains things well.

June 26, 2018 7:00 PM

On our last visit Dr. Sekhon gave me good news. He is also a very good doctor.

June 23, 2018 7:00 PM

Very Goodl It was just a follow-up appointment and blood test results.

May 23, 2018 7:00 PM

Educational.

May 21, 2018 7:00 PM

Good

May 7, 2018 7:00 PM

Caring individual who listened to my mothers concerns and put her at ease. He is assuming her care as she has moved up from FL to be with family in her last months. Dr Sekhon seems like an excellent physician.

April 30, 2018 7:00 PM

The doctor explained things very well.

April 30, 2018 7:00 PM

Very professional. I asked if my blood thinner caused any problems I am experiencing. He said no. He advised asking my primary what Dr. to see.

March 27, 2018 7:00 PM

Seemed to care and want to improve my health

March 24, 2018 7:00 PM

ok the receptionist forgot to schedule.a appointment for me.

March 2, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. Sekhon is always there for me. He is watching me closely he has given me all the time & care I have needed to this point.

February 26, 2018 6:00 PM

While this was a routine post-treatment checkup after surgery for cancer in 2012, the initial blood test results signaled something might be amiss. I am grateful Dr. Sekhon and I reached a consensus that all is well through repeating the blood test twice until the results were normal. That was certainly preferable to leaping to scans being performed following the first abnormal test. I am also thankful for XX's role in the process through emails and a phone call.

February 5, 2018 6:00 PM

He has always done an excellent job of explaining my situation and the best possible route to cure my cancer

January 29, 2018 6:00 PM

My visit went very well, Dr. Seykon explained everything very well.

January 16, 2018 6:00 PM

wonderfully informed hematologist who shows concern and professionalism with patients.

December 25, 2017 6:00 PM

Dr. Sekhon is exemplary! He treats the complete person with heart, compassion, and his impressive wisdom!

December 18, 2017 6:00 PM

Dr. Sekhon was very professional and clear in his evaluation of my case. He provided clear and useful instructions.

November 16, 2017 6:00 PM

I feel very comfortable with Dr. Sekhon. Easy to talk to and explains everything about my health for me to understand.

October 17, 2017 7:00 PM

Staff and Doctor and nurses always polite and helpful. They are knowledgeable and patient with my needs.

October 4, 2017 7:00 PM

Dr. Sekhon is my oncologist, and has been for almost 3 years. He is a great person and that helps him be a wonderful doctor to work with someone who has a terminal cancer. His compassion and competence is evident always and this carries over to his staff and how they treat me, as well as others. I have total confidence in his treatment decisions and his commitment to involve me in making decisions about my treatment.

October 2, 2017 7:00 PM

It was a good experience.

September 21, 2017 7:00 PM

Excellent.

September 2, 2017 7:00 PM

excellent

August 21, 2017 7:00 PM

Dr. Sekhon's care is adequate for routine oncology.

August 21, 2017 7:00 PM

very good

August 15, 2017 7:00 PM

We had a good discussion about how we can keep track of my health going forward. Very helpful.

August 2, 2017 7:00 PM

Dr. Sekhon has always treated me with respect. He listens and remembers extremely well. He has an extreme amount of knowledge in his field. I wish all doctors could be more like him.

July 26, 2017 7:00 PM

Saw the doctor on most recent visit. I suggested moving to routine checks every 4-6 months, but he wants me to remain on the 3 month schedule, which indicates to me his professional concern for my well being.

July 24, 2017 7:00 PM

Dr. Sekhon always explains everything in a manner that a patient can understand. He has your healthcare first and foremost. He is proactive with testing, in a good way. I feel safe with him being my oncologist.

July 24, 2017 7:00 PM

made me feel at ease while discussing my case. very friendly and asked several times if I had any questions or concerns