Shad Ahmad, MD

Specialty: Family Medicine

Your health and safety is our top priority. Get COVID-19 info & vaccine information and see our visitor policy.

Ahmad Family Primary Care , SC

350 Surryse Road

Lake Zurich, IL 60047

Office: 847-320-1900

Fax: 847-320-1136

Meet Shad Ahmad, MD

• La Grange Memorial Hospital
  • La Grange Memorial Hospital
  • Rush Medical College

• Family Medicine

• Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital

• Aetna Choice POS
  • Aetna Choice POS II
  • Aetna Elect Choice HMO (includes Aetna Health Funds)
  • Aetna Health Network Only
  • Aetna Health Network Option
  • Aetna Managed Choice Open Access PPO
  • Aetna Medicare Explorer Value PPO
  • Aetna Medicare Open Access HMO
  • Aetna Medicare Open Access POS
  • Aetna Medicare Premier Plus PPO
  • Aetna Medicare Standard Plan EPO
  • Aetna National Advantage Program (NAP) PPO
  • Aetna Open Access Aetna Select
  • Aetna Open Access Elect Choice (includes Aetna Health Funds)
  • Aetna Open Access HMO
  • United Healthcare Choice Select HMO
  • United Healthcare Group Retirees
  • United Healthcare HDHP Definity Basics PPO
  • United Healthcare Medicare Advantage Medicare Solutions PPO
  • United Healthcare Navigate POS
  • United Healthcare Select Plus POS

Comments

September 13, 2018 7:00 PM

As always he took the time to answer any questions I had and gave me thorough exams & explanations.

September 5, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Ahmad is providing me excellence medical care & advice which is why I plan to continue to be his patient after he leaves Advocate Medical Group on Aug 31st!

September 1, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr Ahmad rocks. great example of what health care delivery needs to be in this country.

August 27, 2018 7:00 PM

I would recommend Dr. Ahmad to anyone.

August 22, 2018 7:00 PM

I've had this provider for 20 yrs. and I would hate to have to find a replacement.

August 21, 2018 7:00 PM

Every visit with Dr Ahmad is great - I always leave feeling comfortable with the outcome - I have been seeing Dr Ahmad for over 20 years

August 3, 2018 7:00 PM

Always a great experience with Dr. Ahmad, and his nurse. They ALWAYS spends a great deal of time with me.

July 30, 2018 7:00 PM

Great doc

July 29, 2018 7:00 PM

Always very helpful and understanding

July 29, 2018 7:00 PM

excellent provider for many years

July 23, 2018 7:00 PM

Excellent, always caring. Works well with the other doctors on my health care team.

July 22, 2018 7:00 PM

Excellent! Dr. Ahmad is very attentive and genuinely cares about my health and getting me better. I won't see anyone else.

July 9, 2018 7:00 PM

my experience was excellent, as usual.

July 6, 2018 7:00 PM

Very good - pleasant, explained things well, did not rush - listened to my concerns. Highly recommend him.

June 29, 2018 7:00 PM

I would like to thank Dr. Ahmad for his excellent care. we will miss him very much when we move out of state.

June 24, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Ahmad is always pleasant, interested and highly knowledgeable in the areas of consult.

June 24, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Shad has a pleasant bedside manner.

June 24, 2018 7:00 PM

excellent Dr and nurse,they really care for their patients.

June 16, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr Amhad and X always do an outstanding job. Very professional and very knowledgeable.

June 8, 2018 7:00 PM

I absolutely love Dr Ahmad. He is so smart, so knowledgeable and up to date on everything, very caring and such a wonderful professional. He is just the best and I have complete trust in him. He even remembers things going on in my family life and we discuss like we're best friends. I wish all doctors could be as great as he is. I am always telling people about him too.

June 2, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr Ahmad and X are great. They take the time and attention to listen to concerns and issues. Very personable and professional!I would recommend them to any patients!

May 28, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Ahmad is a GREAT Doctor he really care about his patient's

May 28, 2018 7:00 PM

Love my doctor and staff, but I tried to book my appt on the website and they didn't have it on file. I was told the website is horrible for booking appointments which is very annoying.

May 6, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Ahmad, X and all the receptionists in his office are wonderful. They treat patients exceptionally nice, always make sure their patient health is covered visibly overall during each visit, and listen intently with regards to any problems the patient is experiencing. You walk out of the office feeling like all your problems were resolved or taken to a next step when necessary. I feel very lucky to be a patient of Dr. Ahmad's. He is truly a wonderful doctor.

April 30, 2018 7:00 PM

Great doc and trustworthy

April 27, 2018 7:00 PM

It was a yearly visit w/bloodwork. Just so happens my insurance co. dropped the prescription drug I was taking. Dr. Ahmad and his group did everything to get me on a drug that would replace it. There very thoughtful & professional.

April 27, 2018 7:00 PM

As always, Dr. Ahmad listens and is easy; to talk to. He is a very thorough and caring pphysician.

April 16, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr Ahmad is an excellent physician with great skills, knowledge and caring. I am so grateful he is my doctor!!

April 15, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Ahmad is an outstanding Dr.

April 4, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Ahmad is the BEST!

April 1, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr Mueller is not my primary but very capable and supportive.

March 28, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Ahmad and his nurse X are great. They are caring patient and thorough. I can't be more positive and thankful for the care they provide.

March 25, 2018 7:00 PM

good

March 25, 2018 7:00 PM

I met with Dr. Ahmad for a follow up after he put me on a new inhaler a few months ago. I did not call the office. I used the online tool to ask if he wanted to see me and the office called back with saying that Dr. Ahmad would like to see me. I also made the appointment online. Dr. Ahmad was great at explaining the options for the course of my treatment in the short and long term. He took my concerns into account and was able to explain what his thought process was clearly.

March 18, 2018 7:00 PM

well done

March 18, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Ahmad has been my primary care physician for many years. He is also my husband's primary care physician. My husband and I hold Dr. Ahmad in high regard. Dr. Ahmad is an excellent provider. He is professional, pleasant, genuine, friendly, and knowledgeable. I feel like he takes my health concerns very seriously and provides answers and expertise. thank you

March 11, 2018 7:00 PM

Excellent service as usual.

March 2, 2018 6:00 PM

Provider and staff very thorough and invested in my health issues, medications and concerns.

March 2, 2018 6:00 PM

I have been seeing Dr. Ahmad for over 10 years now and I still continue to see him because of the service him and his staff have provided for me over the years. I live in the city now, and still continue to go to Dr. Ahmad. I recently had an accident and him and nurse X have been nothing but amazing. They have checked in with me, and have made me feel like they have been there every step of the way to my recovery.

March 2, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr Ahmad and Nurse are very respectful, knowledgeable, and professional. The girl in the Lab who took my blood ( I believe her name is X ) was EXTREMELY harsh, rude, and condescending. Next time I need blood taken, if she is the tech, I will request someone else.Thank you for allowing me to state my opinion.

February 27, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. Ahmad and XX are an absolute pleasure and could serve as a model for all health care practitioners.

February 26, 2018 6:00 PM

Talked about my prescription and how I am feeling on it along with any side effects.

February 16, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. Ahmad was very courteous and really cared about my health. After completing several tests and seeing a specialist, I will have a follow up visit. I think he was admirably good. I appreciate him and his nurse, XX for being so caring. The office staff was just and is always nice. Thank you!

February 9, 2018 6:00 PM

Thanks to you and XXfor your thoroughness and patience, always.

February 9, 2018 6:00 PM

My experience with the provider was with courtesy and respect .

February 2, 2018 6:00 PM

Excellent care by physician and staff

January 30, 2018 6:00 PM

Always great to see Dr. Ahmad and Nancy, I have been coming to him for almost 20 years.

January 29, 2018 6:00 PM

Always a good experience.

January 29, 2018 6:00 PM

very good, Doctor always answer all my questions and make sure I get the best prescription for my illness. also refer me to a specialist is he fell I need further check up.

January 29, 2018 6:00 PM

I love Dr. Ahmad, he is very personable and takes his time to explain things. I don't really like the people who answer the phones they seem rude.

January 22, 2018 6:00 PM

I trust my doctor on every level. He & staff is one of the reasons I did not relocate after retirement. I know I would not fine a physician I would be as comfortable with as Ahmad.

January 22, 2018 6:00 PM

I have been seeing Dr. Ahmad for 1.5 years after getting a autoimmune disease. He always takes time to see how i'm doing - reviews any test I've had. We talk about my medication. I am very grateful that he communicates with my other doctors so well. I will always be grateful that when my health was taking a downward spiral he said there was nothing more they could do in the office. He admitted me to the hospital and that started me down the road of what was wrong with me and he recommended the specialists I needed. Thanks Dr. Ahmad!

January 21, 2018 6:00 PM

Excellent service. Top notch doctor. Couldn't be more satisfied.

January 21, 2018 6:00 PM

it was very helpful.

January 15, 2018 6:00 PM

I have been with Dr Shad Ahmad for at least 15 years and compared with all of the others that i have seen HE is the very best there is..

January 5, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. Ahmad is a very personal and practical doctor, which is why I have seen him as my primary physician for many years.

January 4, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. Shad Ahmad is very professional, personable, know/my medical history. Enjoy & trust NLM as my primary care provider!

December 31, 2017 6:00 PM

Dr. Ahmad listened to us and has a long history with Jordan, so he knows his medical history and challenges. We feel like he's listening to our concerns about his delay and are on the same page about his care.

December 31, 2017 6:00 PM

great as always

December 27, 2017 6:00 PM

Dr. Shad Ahmad's the best - xx too!

December 26, 2017 6:00 PM

Dr. Ahmad is very diligent & courteous. I have been seeing him for last 10 years. ALways there to help with my medical issues.

December 25, 2017 6:00 PM

Dr Ahmad has always been very thorough. I'm very confident in his knowledge, ability and personal care for his patients. I would have no desire to look for another GP.

December 24, 2017 6:00 PM

Dr. amad is avery excellent doctor. He is very undersDr. amad is a excellent doctor. I would recommend he to anyone in need of his help.

Your health and safety is our highest priority at every step of the journey with us. See what to expect