Sarwat Shaheen, MD

Specialty: Family Medicine

Coronavirus Alert

Learn what to do if you think you've been exposed to COVID-19. Stay up to date with our Resource Center.

No-Visitor Policy

No visitors, with few exceptions, will be allowed in any inpatient areas until further notice. Learn more.

We’re sorry, but our online scheduling is currently unavailable. You can schedule easily by phone. Call us. We’re here to help.

11600 South Kedzie Avenue

• United Healthcare MedicareComplete Plan 1 HMO
  • United Healthcare Navigate POS
  • United Healthcare Nexus
  • United Healthcare Select EPO
  • United Healthcare Select HMO
  • United Healthcare Select Plus POS

Comments

November 19, 2019 12:25 PM

This provider respected my privacy and listened to my concerns. She was great! Will definitely continue to see her as my primary care physician.

October 30, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Shaheen & the nurse that took info at the beginning were very reassuring, which helped create a very positive experience for someone that experiences white coat syndrome each type I visit.

October 22, 2019 7:00 PM

This was the first time I visited this provider for MY health although my mother has seen her previously and is her PCP. I changed my PCP to Dr. Shaheen because she understands my mental health and what's going on in my life caring for my mom. I've developed a good relationship with her in past years.

October 22, 2019 7:00 PM

Enjoy the visit was happy that someone could get me I instead of going to the urgent care.

October 21, 2019 7:00 PM

She's awesome.

October 21, 2019 7:00 PM

The Doctor listened, cared, ask questions, gave excellent health suggestions, set a goal to get me off blood pressure medicine as I requested, as well as mammogram referral.

October 17, 2019 7:00 PM

My experience was good. This was my first visit because Metro Soutit Hospital closed so I was given a new primary care doctor.

October 11, 2019 7:00 PM

Excellent

October 6, 2019 7:00 PM

Great provider

July 19, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Shaheen was the first doctor at this practice that I walked away feeling awful. She spoke to me about my weight and her advice was "get moving and cut the calories... walking is not exercise." This was said with a medical student present and even he had to look away because of the what she said to me and the way she said it...

July 19, 2019 7:00 PM

very quick and pain free. skin tag removal

July 7, 2019 7:00 PM

AWFUL

June 23, 2019 7:00 PM

It took a few minutes for the physician to understand the exact area of my pain. it almost seemed like she was dismissing my pain as I slept wrong when in fact I had pain at the base of my skull and not just muscle pain.

June 22, 2019 7:00 PM

The doctor always answers all questions or concerns

June 9, 2019 7:00 PM

I came here for a physical, I was hoping I would have an overall checkup and blood work done. Unfortunately the provider didn't see a reason for my visit, and dismissed me and my concerns. Given my family history of diabetes and hypothyroidism I would've appreciated the correct blood work being done. I also had other concerns which she was rude about. She made me feel as if she was grossed out by me, and made me feel self conscious.

June 8, 2019 7:00 PM

The provider, Dr Shaheen, did not seem to take me seriously during my visit. As I tried to explain the discomfort I was feeling, she was rushing me out the door saying "you are 26 you are fine" while I did not feel fine.

June 4, 2019 7:00 PM

She will listen to what you are saying but doesn't really seem to make a difference what you say it's only her opinion matters.

May 26, 2019 7:00 PM

courteous, patient, pleasant.

May 22, 2019 7:00 PM

I feel better when I see the doctor and the nerse they're very nice

May 19, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Sarwat Shaheen made me feel very comfortable I'm not big on going to the doctor. I have a bad experiences also I'm very stubborn. But I feel that it's time to make some serious changes to my life. I'm looking forward to doing my part and with the help of Dr. Shaheen improving my health.

April 28, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Shaheen is very easy to talk to. she is very respectful of my opinions.

March 17, 2019 7:00 PM

Provider was knowledgeable and friendly. She listened to my concerns and provided me with a solution to my problem.

March 11, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Shaheen was very timely, concerned and efficient during our visit.

February 17, 2019 6:00 PM

I was very impressed with my experience. It was my first visit and that is why there was no medical history to look over but we did discuss what my medical history was.

February 11, 2019 6:00 PM

Dr. Shaheen is very concerned about my health. She is very aware of any tests that I should have done. Her bedside manner is second to none. Thank-you.

February 7, 2019 6:00 PM

Just started a new software package. They seem to have it figured out.

February 2, 2019 6:00 PM

it was a great experience and I am happy with the services.

very helpful & respectful

good

January 26, 2019 6:00 PM

I was a new patient and this place was very nice.

January 13, 2019 6:00 PM

She is the Greatest

December 2, 2018 6:00 PM

very good and excellent coustomer service

November 29, 2018 6:00 PM

I thank everyone at this group especially the doctor

November 18, 2018 6:00 PM

It was a wonderful visit. Everyone from the front desk receptionist to the nurse and doctor were very nice. Never had to wait and the Doctor was very nice and went over aspect of my health with me.

November 14, 2018 6:00 PM

Nurse kept making errors. Doctor was in a HURRY.

November 1, 2018 7:00 PM

Doing my visit I was very please with my Provider she was a great listener and understanding ,explained herself very well.

October 21, 2018 7:00 PM

Good.

October 19, 2018 7:00 PM

SHE WAS SEEING ME WHILE I WAS AT THE FACILITY FOR A SR HEALTH REVIEW...I HAD A RASH AND SHE SAW ME AND PRESCRIBED A DRUG....... IT WAS ABOUT A 10 MINUTE VISIT. SHE WAS VERY COMPETENT AND PLEASANT

October 7, 2018 7:00 PM

my regular provider cancelled my appointment so I was seen by shaheen. she diagnosed me with diverticulitis with very little info about it or how I need to proceed. I felt rushed out of there Luke there wasn't enough time. the nurse even said she couldn't talk to me about my problems because there were too many then blamed me for not making a longer appt. I personally have never had to ask for a certain amount of time. my doctor takes to me. explained everything. I learned more about my diagnosis when I got home in the internet. I wasn't told about a diet for this ailment. I want told that I'd always have this. I wasn't sent for a diagnostic test. it was a really bad experience. unfortunately, a week later I'm in a lot of pain and going back to see her tomorrow (my doc still out of office) to talk about it. I hope I have a better experience.

October 7, 2018 7:00 PM

I would strongly recommend this doctor, my previous doctor Dr Sullivan, was the first, uncaring

August 20, 2018 7:00 PM

nice ! I just wish they allow extra time to talk with provider instead of rushing to next appt if time allow it

July 19, 2018 7:00 PM

I appreciate that you attended me the same day the appointment was made for the doctor to see me -

May 14, 2018 7:00 PM

good experience

May 13, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Shaheen is a great doctor. I absolutely recommend her to anyone who is looking for a doctor. she's awesome!

May 7, 2018 7:00 PM

The doctor did not seem to believe severity of my condition. She also did not give me a general check up. Which was one of the reasons for coming in. She did not seem knowledgeable about my condition.

May 5, 2018 7:00 PM

every visit is pleasant and I feel they all really do care. I get quick results.

April 30, 2018 7:00 PM

I went in there for a whole set of problems. Her nurse was very nice and friendly but when she came into the room things changed. She was so concerned about my weight and one of my problems nothing else got talked about. She was very rude telling me I had kidney problems and such when there is no sign of that and not even why I went to her. She kicked my family out of the room and then made me explain what was happening and when I was done she wanted more even when there was no more to give. She didn't care for my family medical history and didn't want to learn about my body. She focused on my weight which is NOT why I was there and was so rude I left crying. I'm use to doctors telling me i'm fat but I've never had such a bad experience at a doctor. I won't be going back.

April 29, 2018 7:00 PM

The Dr. I found was very rude. After waiting for over an hour in an exam room, the dr cand in, and in my opinion did not do a very thorough exam. supposedly she was listening for wheezing/congestion and put the stethoscope barely on the back of my sweater and then said she heard no wheezing. although anyone standing in the room with me could tell I was wheezing, she didn't pay enough attention to my symptoms. when she said she couldn't hear anything I asked her how? and she said "I'm the physician" with an attitude. I was so upset after waiting so long to finally be treated like a number. there was never an apology about the very long wait either. I'll never go back here.

April 27, 2018 7:00 PM

thanks for all people in this clinic and big thanks for the doctor shaheen she's the best one I ever seen

April 25, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Shaheen took time to listen and answer all my questions. She provided great information! No matter the concern, she tries to provide a clear explanation and give examples.

April 22, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. shaheen is personable and takes time to listen. she's encouraging.

April 15, 2018 7:00 PM

Over all well, she straight forward on what I explained and gave me results.

April 11, 2018 7:00 PM

Very nice and knowledgeable doctor.

April 3, 2018 7:00 PM

I LOVE THIS DOCTOR I HAVE SELECTED HER AS MY NEW PCP. DR X AT SYKES NEVER LISTEN OR MEET MY NEEDS OR CONCERNS. DR SHAEEN IS THE BEST I LOVE HER ATTENTIVENESS BEDSIDE MANOR AND HER WILLINGNNESS TO UNDERSTAND AND CLARIFY MY CONCERNS. THE BEST

April 3, 2018 7:00 PM

it was excellent

April 3, 2018 7:00 PM

good

April 2, 2018 7:00 PM

great clinic visit!

March 26, 2018 7:00 PM

Dirty waiting room - Unfriendly nurse take BP. Concerns - Dr. barely listened. Typical advocate services -

March 21, 2018 7:00 PM

Excellent service! Arrived 2 hours early and was taken within 15 mins.

March 19, 2018 7:00 PM

This was my first visit with this provider and I will definitely see her again.

March 19, 2018 7:00 PM

Though I was in the office within an hour of making an appointment for a hernia, Dr. Sarwat only spent 5 minutes with me and asked that discussion on any other issues be discussed at another visit.

March 18, 2018 7:00 PM

I am a new patient and this was my first visit with this doctor. I do not currently have health insurance and all pertinent information was explained prior to my coming in. I now have a place to go for any medical care or concerns. I am very grateful to the doctor and to the staff that helped me become a new patient

March 7, 2018 6:00 PM

I was very satisfied with my first visit to Dr. Shaheen.

March 4, 2018 6:00 PM

very nice and comfortable and friendly people

February 27, 2018 6:00 PM

Best Doctor, best visit. overall 10

February 4, 2018 6:00 PM

I feel comfortable seeing this provider. She has prescribed medication that has worked to alleviate my symptoms. I have recommended her to my family members.

February 1, 2018 6:00 PM

It was first time I visit w/her - she was satisfactory, very through. But I will ask for again.

January 22, 2018 6:00 PM

I got everything I want it's good clinic and excellent doctor thank you

January 15, 2018 6:00 PM

As usual I'm so glad and happy every time I visit this place. because it's make me feel better and fresh.

January 14, 2018 6:00 PM

She went over my meds and medical information i was new pt. All vitals heart lungs clear good me to come back in April will do physical i have copd. I thought I would need blood work done she did not say any thing. All went well.

January 9, 2018 6:00 PM

This wasn't a pleasant experience for me. I explained to the doctor what was happening and I was in discomfort and she did not want to write a prescription for me. I found out the system was down on this day and I took a test and they never sent it over to the lab and I waited close to a week to get my reaults and I had to call them back. Very Unprofessional behavior !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 5, 2018 6:00 PM

Provider was nice.

December 27, 2017 6:00 PM

Excellent.

December 22, 2017 6:00 PM

it was a good experience the doctor answered all my questions

November 25, 2017 6:00 PM

pleasant experience My doctor no longer does pap smears and I was able to go to another doctor in the same building to have this taken care of. Also, I needed to get a refill on my dedication and needed a doctors approval and my doctor was unable to see me. Again I was able to go to this doctor for a routine appointment and my prescriptions were filled.

November 5, 2017 6:00 PM

Good experience. She seemed to know what I needed to do and it worked.

October 30, 2017 7:00 PM

At this visit I had an abscessed tooth, I have not seen my doctor in 6 months, and the doctor in question did a fine job. Thank her.

October 9, 2017 7:00 PM

This was my 1st visit with Dr. Shaheen MD, Sarwat my previous provider left Advocate she seems pleasant & knowledgeable. Thank you.

October 5, 2017 7:00 PM

Will see her again.

October 3, 2017 7:00 PM

She was good at explaining and taking time to speak with me. I liked that she spoke English well. I plan to keep her as my doctor.

September 23, 2017 7:00 PM

very caring and compassionate doctor. I'm very pleased I chose her as my primary care physician