Sandra McGowan, MD

Specialty: Family Medicine

Your health and safety is our top priority. Get COVID-19 info & vaccine information and see our visitor policy.

McGowan Family Health and Wellness Center

19710 Governors Highway

Flossmoor, IL 60422

Office: 708-480-9730

Fax: 877-522-7815

Meet Sandra McGowan, MD

• DiabetesEndometrial BiopsyHeart DiseaseHypertensionMinor SurgeryNutrition CounselingSkin BiopsySkin TagsWomen's Issues

• Provident Hospital Of Cook County
  • University of Illinois College of Medicine

• Family Medicine

• Advocate South Suburban Hospital

• Aetna Choice POS
  • Aetna Choice POS II
  • Aetna Elect Choice HMO (includes Aetna Health Funds)
  • Aetna Health Network Only
  • Aetna Health Network Option
  • Aetna Managed Choice Open Access PPO
  • Aetna Medicare Explorer Value PPO
  • Aetna Medicare Open Access HMO
  • Aetna Medicare Open Access POS
  • Aetna Medicare Premier Plus PPO
  • Aetna Medicare Standard Plan EPO
  • Aetna National Advantage Program (NAP) PPO
  • Aetna Open Access Aetna Select
  • Aetna Open Access Elect Choice (includes Aetna Health Funds)
  • Aetna Open Access HMO
  • United Healthcare Choice Select HMO
  • United Healthcare Group Retirees
  • United Healthcare HDHP Definity Basics PPO
  • United Healthcare Medicare Advantage Medicare Solutions PPO
  • United Healthcare Navigate POS
  • United Healthcare Select Plus POS

Comments

July 20, 2018 7:00 PM

I enjoy my trips to the doctor. Dr. McGowan is easy to speak with and explains everything very well. She also sees my parents because of her bedside manner

July 17, 2018 7:00 PM

All I can say God is good and she is the best provider.

July 8, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr McGowan is ALWAYS attentive and caring!

July 8, 2018 7:00 PM

I understand that Dr. McGowan is leaving the practice and I will definitely miss her. She has done a marvelos job taking care of my medical needs over the years that I have been her patient.

July 7, 2018 7:00 PM

Wonderful doctor. She listens and act upon your suggestions. Hates that she is leaving the clinic.

July 3, 2018 7:00 PM

Great

July 1, 2018 7:00 PM

Absolutely love my Doctor! She is apart of my family as she takes care of others members as well!!!

June 29, 2018 7:00 PM

excellent

June 28, 2018 7:00 PM

One of the best providers in Advocate's system Sandra McGowan!!!

June 25, 2018 7:00 PM

My visit was for surgery clearance. My Provider was great.

June 23, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. MCGowan is very in tune with me. She listens to my concerns and when I lift her office I felt like she had provided me will a solution to my issue without placing me on more medication. She didn't she treat me like I was the next person in her office on a checklist. I felt like I was her main concern while in the room with her.

June 15, 2018 7:00 PM

I enjoy my visit.

June 13, 2018 7:00 PM

I am very pleased with Dr. McGowan. She has always listened and answered all of my questions concerning my health - she has played an important part of my health - welfare. I like the time she takes with me, the way she listens to me, the way she answers me and the wisdom she gives me concerning my health. I feel safe with her because I believe she CARES!

June 6, 2018 7:00 PM

Excellent Doctor that listen to all your concern and think about what prescription to provide for you. Not just prescribe you with any kind of medications and wait to see what happens.

June 3, 2018 7:00 PM

Great visit

June 1, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. McGowen is going to be missed. She is caring and concerned. She has that bed side manner which most doctors lack. She put me on a leave of absence for stress back in 2015. It changed my life and it was very much needed. I can't thank her enough. She is so thorough and kind. I never feel rushed or put off. My experience is always exceptional with Dr. McGowen. I wish her and her family the best.

May 27, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. McGowan is always kind am concerned.she asks me questions an gives me time to answer. she ask if there's anything bothering me I want to talk about,or if I am depressed. am I exercising? I am pleased with her care.

May 2, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. McGowan is an excellent MD.

April 27, 2018 7:00 PM

Very good

April 24, 2018 7:00 PM

I did not have any problem with this provider.

April 22, 2018 7:00 PM

Excellent

April 22, 2018 7:00 PM

I love Dr. McGown and I will hate to see her go if I could I would follow her. I think she is an excellent Dr. and that she really care about her pt.'s she know there names family members and she remembers your problems, I lost Two sister's and a nephew last year and my husband had a stroke Dr. McGown always ask how am I really doing and if I'm holding up under the stress of it all. I referred two pt.'s to her and she always ask how there doing. She's like a friend than a Dr. and I trust her with my life she knows me I'm not just a number or a disease and she don't have to look at my chart to remember who I am. She's GREAT and Advocate is loosing a Precious Jewel. and when it comes to the pt.'s she will be hard to replace.

April 18, 2018 7:00 PM

Love my doctor.

April 15, 2018 7:00 PM

she is great!

April 14, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. McGowan is always friendly and personable!

April 13, 2018 7:00 PM

She was pleasant and very nice. i felt comfortable talking to her. She was a goid listener.

April 10, 2018 7:00 PM

From Dr. McGowan, to front desk personnel, to the medical assistant and the lab tech, everyone was warm and friendly.

April 9, 2018 7:00 PM

My doctor was very prompt and very concerned about my health maintenance.

April 8, 2018 7:00 PM

I Feel very comfortable discussing health conditions/concerns with provider.

April 7, 2018 7:00 PM

My doctor always ask me questions about my health, any changes with my health or problems with my meds.

April 3, 2018 7:00 PM

positive, informative and pleasant

March 25, 2018 7:00 PM

I love Dr. McGowan. She listens to your concerns. She respects the fact that I know my body and I am aware when something is going wrong. She asked if I had directives for health care, etc. A very good doctor.

March 18, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. McGowan have been my doctor since the age of 15 years old. She knows me inside and out & no offense to any other doctor but I only trust my doctor. I kid you not, she knows i'd rather suffer than come into the office to someone else who does know me personally or my body, unless she makes me get over it. lol. Dr. McGowan is the BEST hands down!

March 17, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. McGowan is ALWAYS great!!! She listens, gives her opinion & then treats us.

March 3, 2018 6:00 PM

My provider was very nice and understanding.

March 2, 2018 6:00 PM

My primary care physician was attentive and ordered test to rule out suspensions or concerns I had, she also prescribed medications for the issues that were occurring. She notified me the same day of test results to ease my concerns.

February 26, 2018 6:00 PM

This provider did not listen to my concerns and rushed the appointment. I have now sought out another primary physician because of how poor this visit was.

February 26, 2018 6:00 PM

Very nice.

February 26, 2018 6:00 PM

Doctor mcgowan is a excellent doctor and I would recommend her to any and everyone. she gets a A+ from me.

February 26, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. Sandra McGowan was very accommodating as I called and asked to be squeezed into her schedule for a persistent cough and soar throat. She was able to see me on a day when we were hit with a major storm. Her office called to see if I could get in early so I wouldn't be out once the snow storm really picked up. I was see, taken good care of and all my concerns were addressed appropriately. I absolutely LOVE the care I receive from Dr. McGowan and at AMG South Holland.

February 24, 2018 6:00 PM

I think Dr. McGowan is excellent and is very concern for her patients.

February 18, 2018 6:00 PM

Good

February 16, 2018 6:00 PM

Good.

February 11, 2018 6:00 PM

great ! I love Dr. McGowan she listen and then work on solving the problem or gets you to the right Dr. she's easy to talk to about anything.

January 30, 2018 6:00 PM

Primo! Dr. M. McGowan is a great M.D. and she cares about what I go through.

January 29, 2018 6:00 PM

Pleasant she talk to me and listen to all my concern.

January 18, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. McGowan was very professional and a good listener. She answered all my questions and concerns. I also felt very comfortable with her and that give me a piece of mind.

January 16, 2018 6:00 PM

My doctor office visit & dr. is the best. No _____.

January 16, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. McGowan was very busy.

January 9, 2018 6:00 PM

excellently

January 8, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. Sandra McGowen is wonderful. I feel that she tries hard to listen to my needs. She has a wonderful bed side manner and is very confident. She is very thorough and makes a point to look you in the eye. The necessary test that are needed are given. The referrals are provided along with the necessary medications. I left my old doctor because she overlooked my mother's concerns and then it was too late. She passed away. I feel confident that I am getting good care. I am upset sometimes when I can get a current appointment in emergencies. The phone people are nice but they have their orders. I would like to see that improved. I wish and hope that Dr. McGowen will be my doctor on through my senior years. I am very pleased with her.

January 8, 2018 6:00 PM

I have seen this doctor twice and she was very personable both times and answered my questions.

January 7, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. McGowan is an excellent provider.

January 5, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. McGowan is always great. She's thorough, she exhibits patience and she's concerned about her patients and her thoughts. I live in the Hyde Park area and I travel about 30-40 minutes to see Dr. McGowan because I love the card she provides and I trust her as my healthcare provider.

January 4, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. McGowan answered all my questions professionally and with compassion.

January 1, 2018 6:00 PM

fantastic provider. Very informative.

January 1, 2018 6:00 PM

My provider is excellent. She is very personable and cares about my health. She provided me with excellent advise on lowering my cholesterol and managing my weight. Dr. Mcgowan took a holistic view at my health and well being which I really appreciated. She a great physician.

December 30, 2017 6:00 PM

I love my doctor.

Your health and safety is our highest priority at every step of the journey with us. See what to expect