Rutuja D Patel, DO

Specialty: Internal Medicine

Your health and safety is our top priority. Get COVID-19 info, vaccine news and see our no-visitor policy.

Schedule via MyAdvocateAurora

• Illinois Health Connect
  • Imagine Health Smart Care
  • Sunrise Advantage Plan
  • UHC / AARP MedicareComplete (Secure Horizons) HMO
  • United Healthcare Select EPO
  • United Healthcare Select PPO

Comments

July 28, 2020 9:40 AM

Dr R Patel is just one of the BEST doctors I've ever had !!!!! She cares, she guides & she listens.

July 28, 2020 9:40 AM

A year ago my husband had a health scare & she told me she would help him. He instantly adored her & listened to her health plan, which got him thru it !!! We will be eternally grateful to her for her patience & guidance!!!

July 26, 2020 9:52 AM

I have had leg pain and Dr. Patel had a zoom appointment with me during the pandemic. Dr. Patel sent me over to get an x ray. Didn't find much on the x ray. She recommended stretching everyday which has helped. When I had an actual appointment for a complete physical she recommended PT for my back which thinks is causing the back pain. I feel she is really a knowledgeable doctor and cares about her patients.

July 26, 2020 9:52 AM

we have been with (Dreyer Clinic) Advocate Medical Group for around 32 years. We have had good experiences with most of the doctors. Dr. Patel is one of my favorite doctors! I always have a lot of faith in her.

July 25, 2020 9:35 PM

Dr. Patel always meets my needs, show compassion and concern as appropriate, and remembers things about myself and my family that make me feel like she really knows and cares about us.

July 24, 2020 10:32 AM

I am always treated with respect & compassion on all my visits and Dr. Patel has earned my trust with all my health related issues.

July 21, 2020 10:57 AM

dr. Patel is the best internal medicine doctor I've had in my lifetime. she absolutely listens it's great iContact and really shows she cares without judging. I am moved 35 minutes away from The Batavia office And still drive to go see Dr. Patel. I cannot express how great of a doctor and how comfortable I feel when seeing her.

July 18, 2020 12:08 AM

Fairly good experience, follow up from an ER visit the previous weekend. Dr. Patel talked about the comorbidities that might have increased the risk for it happening and scheduled followups with a specialist.

July 8, 2020 9:30 AM

Professional. Caring. Good Listener. Took time to answer questions.

July 6, 2020 3:23 PM

Dr. Patel is FANTASTIC! she was my doctor after back surgery in 11/4/20. I liked her so much that I made her my primary care doctor.

July 6, 2020 3:23 PM

when she first came to see me we had an instant connection. She truly cared for my health and it showed.

July 6, 2020 1:37 PM

I have never been happier with a Dr. she listened to all my concerns (irrational or not), she made me feel better about my anxiety and overall health/weight loss journey, and she took all of that into consideration when prescribing me anti anxiety medication (that has honestly changed my life). she took her time with me and I never felt rushed or like a bother. I would recommend her to anyone.

July 2, 2020 8:36 AM

This was my first visit with Dr. Patel. I was very happy with my visit. This was just a yearly check up and I am healthy so I did not need to discuss some issues in this survey.

June 30, 2020 9:33 AM

I have always had a positive experience at Dr. Patel's office. She listens and knows my concerns. I have never felt so confident with a doctor since my primary doctor retired years ago. i have recomended Dr. Patel to several people. I feel fortunate to have found her and hope to have her as my doctor for many years to come. i also like her nurse.

June 30, 2020 9:14 AM

Dr. Patel is always a pleasure to see! She is understanding and always has a game plan. Its difficult for her to do more when she didnt have my medical records.

June 30, 2020 9:14 AM

It's always a pleasure visiting Dr. Patel. She is patient and listens. I understand that things are tough with Covid currently. But the front desk staff and the nurses that answer messages for Dr. Patel often come off as degrading. They dont really give us the opportunity to talk through the message if the the front desk got the message wrong. They also are short and sometimes miss the point of the call completely. Wish the nurses had a little more patience when talking to me on the phone.

June 29, 2020 1:42 PM

I really enjoy Dr. Patel. We have a few common interests and often chat very briefly about that, which I think is great, and even comforting. Then we move on to health concerns. She doesn't sugar-coat anything, but she's able to explain things in a way that is easy to take, and easy to understand.

June 29, 2020 1:42 PM

Dr. Patel is wonderful. In January, when my mom was very ill, Dr. Patel took the time to talk with me after hours to help me with my concerns. Her concern was my health/mental state. She was honest with me, but her manner was, as always, friendly and caring.

June 12, 2020 8:28 AM

Great experience.

May 28, 2020 10:56 AM

Dr Rutuja Patel is always attentive and very professional, great patient Doctor rapport.

May 28, 2020 10:56 AM

I appreciate that Dr Rutuja Patel knows my medical history and that is one of the reasons I continue to select this Doctor as my PCP.

May 20, 2020 8:27 AM

I always appreciate that Dr. Rutuja Patel is very patient & understanding during my appointments whether it be office visit, televisit &/or video visit. She DOESN'T rush you & always takes time w/you making sure all of your needs are met. I appreciate that she actually listens to you.

May 11, 2020 2:22 PM

Dr. Patel is always so helpful! She always gets to the bottom of any issue and helps come up with great solutions. She is also super friendly and never rushes the appointment!

May 4, 2020 8:36 AM

Dr. Rutuja Patel is the BEST my husband and I have ever had. My daughter now is a patient on our reco. and she is very pleased.

April 16, 2020 8:46 AM

Strained thoracic muscle, during the virus outbreak had difficult breathing and lungs hurt. Dr. was very thorough and def. relieved my thoughts.

April 10, 2020 12:20 PM

I appreciate Dr. Patel's patience and understanding. She always helps to calm my fears by answering any questions or concerns I may have.

April 6, 2020 5:28 PM

always a good experience with this provider

April 6, 2020 4:10 PM

was a phone call visit to talk about my pain management and the surgery that was recommended by a specialist and my need for a second opinion. she listened and offered advice explaining why she wants to do what she does. very easy to talk to and be open with

April 6, 2020 4:10 PM

good

April 5, 2020 7:35 AM

Dr. Patel is an opened minded and talented doctor. Her bedside manner is one of the best. I work in healthcare and often find myself avoiding my own appointments. I enjoy Dr. Patel and that really helps to make future care seem less demanding.

April 1, 2020 1:57 PM

This was a phone visit due to ongoing COVID 19 precautions. Dr Patel called right on time and was as pleasant as she is in person. This was a follow up due to lung issues from aspiration during a surgery at the end of Feb. All of my questions were answered.

April 1, 2020 1:57 PM

My only complaint regarding Advocate Dryer is the lack of mental health Doctors available. It is a average of 3 month wait to get into see a counselor or psychologist. A lot changes in 3 months, once someone decides they need help, they are pretty much giving up and need to be seen sooner rather than later. Dr Patel has been great with working with me and recommendations from a counselor I pay cash for out of network. I just wish I could keep everything in network.

March 16, 2020 8:03 PM

i had a good experience

March 16, 2020 2:39 PM

The phone service during the day and after hours is not acceptable to me. I was cut off and hung up on by the system. I was upset about a lab report but got no help. I was forced to hang up twice and then gave up. Eventually I received an email from my doctor. There should be a phone number that would connect to someone. Maybe it's your system that needs to be upgraded

March 16, 2020 2:25 PM

I absolutely love Dr. Patel! She is amazing.

March 9, 2020 5:59 PM

Dr Patel is the one of the two best doctors I have ever had. she never rushes, ALWAYS listens . Kind. Considerate. Caring. She is definitely a stand out .

March 9, 2020 5:59 PM

excellent care

March 8, 2020 8:35 PM

Dr is very friendly explains everything ,

March 7, 2020 8:49 AM

really like my Doc and think she is very knowledgeable about a lot of things.

March 2, 2020 9:18 PM

I was very satisfied with my office visit with Dr. Patel.

February 29, 2020 1:02 AM

Dr Patel is the best doctor I have ever had at Dryer and I really like her. She takes time with me and she answers all my questions & she doesn't forget who I am or my condition. She's very pleasant to me and she LISTENS and I like that.

February 29, 2020 1:02 AM

I really like Dryer. From the receptionists, nurses, and doctors they're all concerned and treat a person with respect too when needed & helpful.

February 27, 2020 9:30 AM

Dr. Patel is wonderful. She is caring, thoughtful & takes as much time with you as needed - Best doctor I have had. Love her!!

February 26, 2020 6:05 PM

excellent! Dr. Patel has extraordinary bedside manner and is very welcoming. thank you so much!!

February 24, 2020 6:00 PM

Dr. Patel is always a great listener and addresses all of my questions with respect. when I message her, she gets back to me the same day.

February 24, 2020 4:44 PM

I love how Dr. Patel takes time with her patients. That seems to be rare these days and I never feel rushed during my appointment with her. It gives us the time to talk about everything I want and she also brings up things I hadn't thought of to discuss.

February 17, 2020 6:15 PM

She does a great job of explaining and checking everything. She answers my questions without hesitating.

February 17, 2020 3:54 PM

Dr. Patel was caring and understanding, was proactive about safeguarding against a recurrence.

February 17, 2020 3:54 PM

Dr. Patel took over my care as PCP after Dr. X left. I still miss X quite a bit, but I'm consistently surprised at Dr. Patel's preparedness; she will review years of my charts to establish a baseline and be better prepared with facts and historical trends from my chart than even _I_ am whenever i see her for a routine care visit.

February 15, 2020 2:58 PM

This provider is excellent. I never feel rushed during our meeting. Very thorough explanations and recommendations. Genuine concern.

February 13, 2020 12:18 PM

very good last time I went to see Dr Patel she's excellent.

February 13, 2020 12:18 PM

very good experience.

February 8, 2020 9:36 AM

I really like Dr Patel and her staff. They have been amazing and very helpful.

February 4, 2020 12:35 PM

Dr. Patel is excellent.

January 28, 2020 1:37 PM

She is by far the best physician I have encountered.

January 27, 2020 2:54 PM

This is a new patient visit -- I changed Primary Care doctors. She was great.

January 25, 2020 3:53 PM

Dr Patel is very nice and personable, and spent a long time with me.

January 25, 2020 2:10 PM

she is very good doctor.

January 25, 2020 2:10 PM

excellent

January 22, 2020 8:14 AM

Very positive

January 22, 2020 8:14 AM

I am grateful for provider's knowledge, support, and that she took the time to listen as well as to inform. Thank you Dr. Patel.

January 6, 2020 3:04 PM

Dr. Patel is very thorough with me and she asks me the right questions. She scheduled my memogram and other tests that I need to complete

January 6, 2020 3:04 PM

I am very happy with Dr. Patel

January 4, 2020 10:50 AM

Nurse was extremely nice and professional.

January 3, 2020 12:12 PM

I like Dr. Patel. I would like her to order basic labs before appointment so we could discuss results at visit.

December 29, 2019 7:00 PM

Good experience

December 27, 2019 8:26 AM

Dr. Patel is a peoples dr. easy to talk to - Like a family member I'm blessed to have her!

December 23, 2019 2:30 PM

Dr. Patel is an awesome doctor! She is a great listener and always finds a solution to any medical problem. I wouldn't see any other doctor but her.

December 22, 2019 4:47 PM

Very Good

December 22, 2019 4:47 PM

good

December 20, 2019 6:58 PM

Dr. Patel is a kind, caring physician. I always feel that she has my best interests at heart and includes me in the decision making process for additional medical care. I have recommended her to several people and will continue to do so.

December 19, 2019 7:47 AM

Very helpful and insightful.

December 19, 2019 7:47 AM

Always a good experience.

November 27, 2019 6:26 PM

I am very pleased with all my visits with Dr. Patel. I feel that I have developed a great relationship with her and trust her knowledge. I could not ask for a better physician.

November 27, 2019 6:26 PM

always a very good experience and actually look forward to my appointments! She has gotten to the bottom of my diagnosis very quickly and I do not feel as apprehensive as I once had.

November 24, 2019 8:18 PM

she is very efficient and very caring, but always in a hurry.

November 18, 2019 10:48 AM

I love my doctor! She's very caring and takes time with me and listens to me.

November 9, 2019 9:06 AM

love Dr Patel!

October 30, 2019 7:00 PM

She is always amazing at every appointment I've had with her; spends enough time, listens to my concerns, always responds to my messages right away... great dr.

October 28, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Patel always makes the visit worth having!she listens and is easy to talk with. she make you feel comfortable visiting the office.

October 27, 2019 7:00 PM

I love Dr. Rajuja Patel, we have changed health insurance now 3 times and we make sure she accepts our insurance.

October 24, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Patel and her staff are always caring and thoughtful. I truly appreciate how comfortable her and the staff make me feel every time I visit. Thank you!

October 20, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Patel and her staff are very knowledgeable and very friendly. I know that Dr. Patel is looking out for my well-being at all times. Couldn't ask for a better provider.

October 13, 2019 7:00 PM

This was a positive and good experience.

September 29, 2019 7:00 PM

very good

September 29, 2019 7:00 PM

Excellent. Dr. Patel is the best.

September 29, 2019 7:00 PM

extremely easy to talk to about my health and the best way to proceed with diagnostics to determine the best course of action

September 23, 2019 7:00 PM

First visit. I feel very comfortable with Dr. Patel as my doctor. Thank you.

September 22, 2019 7:00 PM

Very caring and helpful!

September 22, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr.Rutuja Patel is honestly the best doctor I've had! It's a busy office, but I've never felt rushed out the door. All the nurses are on it! I can't thank everyone enough!!

September 22, 2019 7:00 PM

This was the first time I met Dr. Patel and I liked the way she listened to me and followed up with questions. My usual doctor moved out of state, so I am really happy to have met Dr. Patel. I will continue to use her as my regular doctor.

September 18, 2019 7:00 PM

Absolutely wonderful doctor.

September 15, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Patel is professional, intelligent, patient and a great listener. I can be very open and honest with her. She never judges and always makes me feel completely at ease. I highly recommend her services to my friends and family.

September 1, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Patel is so easy to talk to and with.

August 30, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr.Patel and the nurse were amazing! Very genuine personalities, they both went above and beyond during my visit.

August 26, 2019 7:00 PM

Great experience; Dr Patel and staff do an excellent job!

August 26, 2019 7:00 PM

I find Dr. Patel to be a very caring person. She listens to me. I am so glad to have found her and tell people I know how much i like her. I know of one person who has now started going to Dr. Patel.

August 26, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr Patel is an excellent doctor

August 23, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr Patel by far has been the best IM doctor I have been associated with. She listens to your concerns in a very caring way and will walk you through her recommendations that are understandable to the patient. To be able to trust your doctor can take some time, but with Dr. Patel she earned that right from day one.

August 21, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Patel is a very special doctor to me. She is very caring, listens attentively and genuinely shows concern for my wellbeing. Dr. Patel has helped me through a very rough time period in my life and I am grateful I have her in my care team.