Robert Martin, DO

2nd Floor

Chicago, IL 60640

Office: 773-561-7500

Fax: 773-561-7612

Meet Robert Martin, DO

• Gender:
  • Clinical interests: Adolescent CareAlzheimer's DiseaseGeriatricsHypertensionMemory DisordersPreventive CareType 2 Diabetes
  • Related website: https://www.advocatehealth.com/amg/

• Residency: Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center
  • Residency: University of Illinois at Chicago
  • Medical School: Midwestern University Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine

• Family Medicine

• Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center

Comments

March 27, 2020 6:13 AM

Great as usual. Not sure if Dr. Martin is a GP or specialist. Never asked him.

March 24, 2020 11:47 AM

It was a very positive experience and I enjoyed Dr.Martin's easy and caring demeanor and knowledge.

March 17, 2020 9:23 PM

Dr. Martin is extraordinary. I consistently marvel at how attentive he is, how personable and kind he is, and how much time he spends with me. He is patient as I go through my list of concerns and questions, and takes everything I say seriously. I feel more connected with Dr. Martin than I have with any other primary care physician I've ever had, and I'm 61 years old!

March 16, 2020 3:01 PM

love Dr. Martin.

March 6, 2020 6:15 AM

Dr. Martin & Dr. X excellent professionals because they acted with the heart, not only for professional etiquette.

February 25, 2020 12:38 PM

Excellent doctor always listening to my health issues and concerns.

February 25, 2020 12:38 PM

good

February 22, 2020 11:52 AM

good

February 21, 2020 10:32 AM

As usual Dr. Martin is absolutely GREAT.

February 21, 2020 10:32 AM

Fantastic doctor.

February 17, 2020 2:00 PM

Dr Martin is the best general practitioner who also sees my 86 year old father!

February 17, 2020 2:00 PM

Every experience is a good one!

February 15, 2020 8:47 AM

good

January 21, 2020 7:31 PM

This was only my second visit with Dr. Martin but I am very impressed. He has a great bedside manner, is knowledgeable and well informed, and very thorough and caring in his overall approach.

January 21, 2020 1:03 PM

I enjoy my appointments with Dr. Martin. Dr. Martin provides me with a lot of good information, specific to me, and has helped me become healthier and set goals for future health. Dr. Martin has a great bedside manner. I feel comfortable talking with him and trust him.

January 18, 2020 10:08 PM

Experience is fine, can get that a lot of places. What really disappointed me was having the doctor tell me to get the app so he can share my results with me. thats fine, until i get the results and they are complicated to read and i'm unsure on if i'm healthy or dying. Hopefully someone calls me and tells me whats up but I figure this is just a generic email sent to everyone. Also was displeased with having to wait close to 45 minutes just to have my blood tested. I spend over two hours at your office to which i had to go straight to work instead of being able to clean up beforehand.

January 18, 2020 10:08 PM

Doctor was fine but can get that really anywhere these days. Just hope someone actually calls me to tell me my results instead of having me try and understand all the links i got sent via an app...

December 31, 2019 8:03 AM

Dr. Martin is always very responsive and helpful. I can always get a hold of him and trust him 100%.

December 21, 2019 1:02 PM

My provider was excellent, & takes good care of me.

November 26, 2019 7:11 PM

It was good I have answer about my health issues

November 26, 2019 7:11 PM

Dr. Martin is a great Dr. but I made the appointment for my husband to see him as well. But I didn't like that we were together in the same room at the same time. It will be nice to just see him in different rooms. Is ok we can wait for each other in the waiting area. Thank you.

November 22, 2019 8:36 AM

I could not ask for a better doctor than Dr. Martin. He listens, is straightforward, and I do not feel rushed during our visits.

November 21, 2019 5:08 PM

Dr. Martin is likable and personable. I'm not healthcare expert, but he seems to check all the boxes when I go to see him. Overall, I trust that he's a good doctor and has my health in mind.

November 17, 2019 11:00 PM

Dr. Martin was VERY GOOD about speaking to my child and LISTENING to her. She is still dealing with the recent death of her mom and he was wonderful with her. I don't think he ever saw her before but he was prepared for her.

November 16, 2019 6:38 AM

Dr. Martin is always kind and friendly.

November 11, 2019 1:48 PM

Dr. Martin is professional, knowledgeable, respectful, compassionate, caring, kind, and I could go on and on. He is the best doctor I've ever had!

November 11, 2019 8:58 AM

Dr. Martin is professional, knowledgeable & kind! I feel fortunate to have found him.

November 9, 2019 11:26 PM

He was good and attentive to me.

November 9, 2019 11:26 PM

Thank you for continually provide me with American Sign Language interpreters!

October 20, 2019 7:00 PM

My primary care physician is Dr. Robert Martin. Dr. Martin is very thorough in everything he does. That is the number one quality I like about him. He's also very attentive and he really listens - making me feel valued and heard. With that thoroughness comes reasonable expectations - he expects me to follow through with appointments for tests, blood draws, etc. I'm more than happy to keep my end of the bargain because I feel a sense of gratitude and respect for my doctor. Of course ultimately it is about me and my health but it helps when you have a lot of respect for your doctor.

October 16, 2019 7:00 PM

Wonderful. Dr. Martin is on top of all my medical problems!

October 13, 2019 7:00 PM

Excellent and professional visit, still with a attitude of knowing the patient, (me) well.

September 27, 2019 7:00 PM

Thank you.

September 15, 2019 7:00 PM

not very happy with this particular visit since reason for my visit was to get shingles vaccination. I was informed that office was out of stock. flu vaccine was also out of stock. got both vaccinations at Walgreens with no problem....irked that I had to pay co pay for nothing. I had called office earlier to make sure there wouldn't be an issue and I was informed by front office that they did have vaccinations

September 8, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Martin was friendly, professional, and patient. He listened to my concerns carefully, and explained his conclusions and suggestions clearly.

August 25, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Martin is fantastic. I have recommended him to many people. He really involves me in my health care.

August 9, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr Martin is very conscientious, a very good listener, explains concepts very well, and follows up on things.

August 4, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr Martin is a STAR!

July 21, 2019 7:00 PM

The doctor was very "by the book" and mostly just recited AAP recommendations, rather than listening to our specific circumstances and tailoring his advice to our family. He didn't spend any real time looking at or interacting with my child outside the most cursory physical exam, so it felt very curt and clinical. My husband described it as "a human google search."

June 26, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Robert F. Martin when I go to his consultation. For his treatment and professionalism. BUT BESIDES OF HAVING THAT HUMAN QUALITY OF COMPREHENSION and ATTENTION with me makes me feel _____ well always looks for the interpreter and gives me time that I need to express EVERYTHING that I was going to consult. HE IS A GREAT DOCTOR. God bless him.

June 18, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Robert Martin very good explainer if needed he will give more time to make sure you understood.

June 13, 2019 7:00 PM

Finding a provider and facility you feel comfortable with is a hard task..... Especially in a new city. I feel very happy with Dr. Martin.

May 27, 2019 7:00 PM

A - one

May 27, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Martin is easy to talk to and explains everything.

May 23, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Martin is a ++++ star!

May 19, 2019 7:00 PM

I appreciate Dr. Robert Martin's professionalism, courtesy and his personal interaction with my father.

May 17, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr Martin always explains things in a very understanding way. He also listens very well.

May 12, 2019 7:00 PM

dr Martin has all my respect knowing he will do what is necessary to guard my health

April 28, 2019 7:00 PM

I'm changing my PCP from Dr Martin. No longer satisfied with his office.

March 17, 2019 7:00 PM

Excellent experience during my visit.

March 10, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Martin is a wonderful doctor. I really appreciate the time he gives me for each appointment. He is very thorough and considerate, something I have found to be rare in the city. It means a lot to me that he cares for my mental & physical state - we don't just discuss my physical health, but also my emotional and physiological health.

March 4, 2019 6:00 PM

I've enjoyed having Doctor Martin him as my General Dr. I can tell he's gotten to know me over the years that I've been going to him now. That means a lot to me.

March 1, 2019 6:00 PM

Dr. Martin listens and answers all of my questions.

February 24, 2019 6:00 PM

he is excellent listens to me and provided me with good guidance.

February 13, 2019 6:00 PM

Great insight into diagnosis, good recommendations, very satisfied.

February 12, 2019 6:00 PM

He was attentive, patient, adaptable, and attuned. I've already recommended him. The office lighting is overly bright fluorescent, which is difficult for me and has been shown by research to be not healthy for anyone. It would be wonderful for that to be changed - and in the meantime, for incandescent lamps to be made available in every treatment room.

February 7, 2019 6:00 PM

As a new patient, I appreciated the time Dr. Martin took to discuss my medical history & work through my sort of backing of medical questions. he was patient & kind.

February 4, 2019 6:00 PM

Dr. Martin has become a PCP that I respect and would probably keep him as my PCP even when my insurance changes back to PPO.

February 1, 2019 6:00 PM

Dr. Martin was terrific. He spent the time to understand my issues and concerns, discuss the pros and cons of obtaining tests, and we planned together for future health plans.

February 1, 2019 6:00 PM

Dr Martin is a STAR!

excellent

Dr. Martin takes ample time to address health concerns, talk through evidence-based medicine, and answer questions.

Im am so proud to have Dr Martin as my primary doctor, he is an excellent professional, caring and respectful doctor. He doesn't hesitate to extend his explanations til I understand everything perfectly.

dr. Martin is calm and reassuring. he is great.

Dr. Martin is great. Your front desk personal. and office personal are a poor excuse for a medical office I find this unacceptable. Nurses are fine. Your constantly changing new systems is also a problem. Your Medical staff is fine your office personal. again unacceptable X is very helpful the rest. very poor

My visit with Dr. Martin was excellent. I had little to no wait for my visit and when he did see me, he was easy to talk to and was very informative. He made feel comfortable talking about my issues and gave me a great plan to get healthier. I'm glad I selected him as my PCP.

this appointment was to check my memory. I was a bit anxious but Dr. Martin was thorough an encouraging. I felt like I was doing fine. I was reassured when I left.

January 15, 2019 6:00 PM

Great person - treats me like he has known me for a long time - goes overall of my concern very nice. Great doctor.

December 3, 2018 6:00 PM

Very happy w/new dr. selection. Good listener. Great location. Hope he stays put!

November 11, 2018 6:00 PM

I like Dr Martin VERY much and also his staff! I referred my elderly 85 year old father, Mr. X to him as a new patient, and he has an appointment with Dr Martin this coming JANUARY! I was hoping in case of a cancellation he might get in to see him earlier, as my father has been experiencing some medical issues his own doctors have not helped him with!

November 2, 2018 7:00 PM

Excellent, as usual. Dr. Martin is an excellent provider, and I've been seeing him for many years.

October 29, 2018 7:00 PM

Doctor Martin is a great doctor he understands my mental health as well as my physical health I just wish he would tell the clerks and other nurses how to handle my concerns and explain I have ptsd I am bipolar and a llearning disability and I need things to be over explained to me

October 29, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr Martin is a STAR!!

October 28, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Martin is always good to see. He is friendly and listens well.

October 23, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Martin was excellent.

October 19, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Martin is great. My problems have been with the patient portal, which doesn't work very well. The lab is not as responsive & timely as it should be, e.g., had to ask the receptionist to check on the long delay (approximately 35 minutes & others waiting). There were no patients in the lab so no reason for the delay.

October 19, 2018 7:00 PM

We love Dr.Martin he is very patient and answers all our questions and all the nurses and staff etc are very helpful and nice!

October 16, 2018 7:00 PM

I'm happy that Dr. Martin is my PCP!

October 2, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Martin was very professional. He is highly knowledgeable and I look forward to working with him moving forward.

September 24, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Martin has been the provider for all three of our children since birth, he is wonderful, personable, and has a wealth of information. Please ensure that he is happy and stays with the hospital until he retires, he's definitely a keeper!!

September 10, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr Martin is the best doctor I have had in many years. He has been a tremendous help to me and very attentive in his work and care.

September 9, 2018 7:00 PM

September 8, 2018 7:00 PM

Easy access to PCP & emergency clinic waiting room OK, parking lot OK. Clerks OK in office, office clean.

September 7, 2018 7:00 PM

My experience with Dr. Martin was good. He tends to have a fresh outlook on things as a younger Dr. as well as following the traditional methods of medicine. He listens well, doesn't rush you and seems to love what he is doing.

August 30, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Martin is an excellent & caring doctor. I owe him being in good health. Very professional. Outstanding.

August 21, 2018 7:00 PM

This is a temporary provider because my doctor is on leave. He did not treat me as a temporary patient. I was very pleased with the time he took with me.

August 9, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Martin is the best!

July 22, 2018 7:00 PM

My experience was good.

July 20, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Martin is heads & shoulders better than any PCP I have ever had. He always responds to me at all hours/days. He is a great representative of Advocate!

July 6, 2018 7:00 PM

It was a very pleasant experience as it was the first time that I have consulted him.

June 24, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Martin is incredible. I've only been seeing him for the past 2 years but he is exponentially better than any primary care physician I have previously seen.

June 20, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Martin - excellent.

June 10, 2018 7:00 PM

doctor Martin is wonderful!

May 22, 2018 7:00 PM

This was my first time with him, appreciate his calm patience.

May 7, 2018 7:00 PM

Receptionist was rushing to leave when I was checking out. I did not get all of my information needed for a referral and had to ask several times before someone was able to get me what I needed.

May 2, 2018 7:00 PM

Thank you and your staff for an amazing experience. I was able to get the care I needed without judgment which can be hard to find. I love that there is a lab on-site.

March 30, 2018 7:00 PM

I was respected and Dr. Martin was open and compassionate during visit. He listened very carefully to all my concerns and discussed treatment options allowing me to choose what is best for myself.

March 30, 2018 7:00 PM

He was very knowledgeable and respectful. He respected my right of autonomy. I'll definitely recommend him to others.

March 25, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Robert Martin is my new PCP and I am very pleased with his level of professionalism and compassion. I feel super confident that he will be an excellent PCP for me.