Rachel Joann Laven, DO

Specialty: Obstetrics & Gynecology

Your health and safety is our top priority. Get COVID-19 info, vaccine news and see our limited-visitor policy.

Rachel Joann Laven, DO

Specialty: Obstetrics & Gynecology

1412 Waukegan Road

Glenview, IL 60025

Office: 847-655-8500

Fax: 847-655-8501

1875 Dempster Street

Park Ridge, IL 60068

Office: 847-825-7030

Fax: 847-825-7047

Meet Rachel Joann Laven, DO

• Obstetrics & Gynecology - Advocate Lutheran General Hospital, Obstetrics & Gynecology
  • Midwestern University Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

Comments

May 15, 2020 11:36 AM

Overall, all of my visits with Dr. Laven have been great. She is very personable and is always willing to listen.

May 5, 2020 10:20 AM

All visits with Dr Laven are calm, patient, not rushed, informative, and make me feel at east.

May 5, 2020 10:20 AM

Would highly recommend Dr Laven as she has wonderful bedside matter, is incredibly patient, I have never felt rushed out of her exam room or like another number on her list of patients. She has always been quick to respond to my questions via the portal, and has always made me feel safe and completely understand my diagnosis and what next steps are.

May 4, 2020 1:43 PM

It was my first time seeing Dr. Laven. She's very friednly

May 4, 2020 1:43 PM

It was my first time seeing Dr. Laven. She's very friendly but I would think she has more knowledge of my medical history.

April 7, 2020 4:43 AM

I thought the provider was thorough and respectful.

March 30, 2020 4:29 AM

This was my 1st visit to Dr. Rachel Laven. I was extremely impressed by her knowledge, interest & professionalism. She was full of information, very approachable & I learned a lot.

March 30, 2020 4:29 AM

Wait time equaled 1 hr. but dr. acknowledged & apologized due to another difficult patient - I sincerely appreciated this communication!

March 18, 2020 7:31 AM

This provider on the visit date and always is very interested in the amount of weight, during my pregnancy, I gain. To the point where I feel additional stress leading up to appointments. I am of average weight, active and have not exceeded the normal or recommended weight gain amount. I think the added stress is unnecessary and there are/were other questions and things I'd rather discuss during the limited appointment time. Especially this being a first time pregnancy. I also want to note that I made appointments for the remaining third trimester to 39 weeks, and all of them were changed except 1-2.

March 4, 2020 11:06 AM

This was my first appointment with Dr. Laven and I was super impressed. She was very friendly and knowledgeable about my condition and what tests should be ordered.

February 28, 2020 10:57 AM

Excellent doctor; compassionate, patient, thorough, kind.

February 24, 2020 12:17 PM

She is wonderful.

February 13, 2020 11:00 PM

Dr. Laven is an excellent MD & concerned of her patients. She always makes time to listen.

February 8, 2020 6:49 AM

I am happy and fully satisfied. Just want to thank her for her care and treatment.

February 8, 2020 6:49 AM

Always good experience I had.

January 27, 2020 4:03 PM

I arrived 15 minutes early for my appointment as I was told to do when I scheduled the appointment. I then waiting in the waiting room for an hour, then was taken to a exam room where I waited another 30 minutes to see the doctor. I ended up not seeing the doctor until 75 minutes after my scheduled appointment and then saw her for only 15 minutes. it was very disappointing and frustrating and I was given no updates as to why I waited so long. waiting that long is unacceptable.

January 27, 2020 1:49 PM

amazing doctor very considerate very helpful very caring good listener

January 27, 2020 1:49 PM

going in for a physical with Dr. Bernheim and feeling rushed because he was waiting for a call from a hospital

January 4, 2020 1:04 PM

great

December 27, 2019 8:06 AM

I thought she was very professional & thorough and easy to talk to.

December 27, 2019 8:06 AM

This is my first visit with Dr. R. Laven, since Dr. X retired. She was easy to talk to and put me at ease right away.

December 23, 2019 1:35 PM

all great

December 21, 2019 9:59 AM

Dr. Laven is new to me but, she's great and I will be going back to her for my checkups.

December 19, 2019 5:44 AM

The Parkside Ob/GYN office needs a make over, looks very old and too many boxes of stuff visible.

December 10, 2019 6:51 AM

Dr. Levin was very nice to me. The last visit was our first time meeting each other and made me felt very comfortable. Since it's been a long long time I haven't seen a Gynecologist.

December 10, 2019 6:51 AM

I have no comment except that I would recommend to my friends and co workers to make an appointment to be their Gynecologist or obstetric.

December 7, 2019 12:16 PM

Dr Lavender was excellent! I talked the first time I saw her and I was very happy. I intend to continue treating with Dr Lavender.

December 3, 2019 7:30 AM

Love Dr. Laven! She is wonderful & I would recommend her to everyone!

November 25, 2019 6:22 PM

Dr. Laven consistently provides me with excellent care. She listensthoughtfully tomy concerns and always explains things in an easy to understand manner.

November 25, 2019 6:22 PM

dr. laven is an excellent doctor - and I highly recommend her

November 23, 2019 10:34 AM

Dr. Laven was very helpful and understanding. She made sure that I was taken care of and that everything went well with my situation. I felt very comfortable.

November 18, 2019 9:39 PM

Easy to feel at ease and speak about my health issues with Dr Lavin

November 16, 2019 5:03 AM

I had a great experience. Dr. Laven has always shown a genuine interest in my care. She answered all my questions and provided information that she thought I needed to have even though I didn't necessarily asked.

November 16, 2019 5:03 AM

She is a very good provider. I never feel rushed to get out of the office. She is patient, easy to talk to (even my husband found it easy to ask her questions about my health and care). She was interested in providing a holistic approach to my care and that I really really appreciated.

November 10, 2019 11:00 PM

This was a referral from my internist. I was able to make an appointment with Dr. Laven in a timely manner, and she was a careful listener and took the time to alleviate my fears.

October 22, 2019 7:00 PM

This is the first time I saw this provider. She is a wonderful doctor.

October 6, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Lavin is excellent. I am very happy with her care

COVID-19

Vaccine Update

We’re vaccinating anyone in Illinois and Wisconsin who’s 16 and older – whether you’re our patient or not – with the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines. We’ve paused use of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. See why.

#IGOTMINE