Philip Favia, MD

Specialty: Family Medicine

Your health and safety is our top priority. Get COVID-19 info, vaccine news and see our no-visitor policy.

Schedule via MyAdvocateAurora

241 Commerce Drive

Crystal Lake, IL 60014

Office: 815-524-2200

Fax: 815-524-2206

1340 Ryan Parkway

Algonquin, IL 60102

Office: 815-276-0150

Fax: 877-461-6742

Meet Philip Favia, MD

• Gender:
  • Clinical interests: Diabetes ManagementGeneral MedicineInsomniaNewborn CarePediatric CarePreventative CareSports PhysicalsWeight Loss Management
  • Related website: www.faviaprimarycare.com

• Residency: Riverside Methodist Hospitals
  • Medical School: Loyola University Medical Center

• Family Medicine

• Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital

• Aetna Choice POS
  • Aetna Choice POS II
  • Aetna Elect Choice HMO (includes Aetna Health Funds)
  • Aetna Health Network Only
  • Aetna Health Network Option
  • Aetna Managed Choice Open Access PPO
  • Aetna Medicare Explorer Value PPO
  • Aetna Medicare Open Access HMO
  • Aetna Medicare Open Access POS
  • Aetna Medicare Premier Plus PPO
  • Aetna Medicare Standard Plan EPO
  • Aetna National Advantage Program (NAP) PPO
  • Aetna Open Access Aetna Select
  • Aetna Open Access Elect Choice (includes Aetna Health Funds)
  • Aetna Open Access HMO
  • United Healthcare Choice Select HMO
  • United Healthcare Group Retirees
  • United Healthcare HDHP Definity Basics PPO
  • United Healthcare Medicare Advantage Medicare Solutions PPO
  • United Healthcare Navigate POS
  • United Healthcare Select Plus POS

Comments

September 14, 2018 7:00 PM

always friendly and approachable. very caring and trustworthy

September 4, 2018 7:00 PM

Great experience. He was very helpful and understanding. Highly recommend.

September 2, 2018 7:00 PM

excellent

August 19, 2018 7:00 PM

Always receive high quality treatment.

August 2, 2018 7:00 PM

Excellent

July 30, 2018 7:00 PM

It was very good & professional as always. We figured out what to do & take the next step to see a hand surgeon for my carpal tunnel. Went over all my labs & everything was good.

July 30, 2018 7:00 PM

great

July 23, 2018 7:00 PM

Very professional and caring

July 18, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Favia is the best provider! We named our children from pediatricians to his office and they love him!

July 1, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr Favia is a VERY caring & patient care giver. We've been seeing him for over 12 yrs & are very happy with his care.

June 30, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr Favia always addresses any concerns or questions I have about my health. He is a great doctor and I recommend him to anyone who asks me about doctors.

June 25, 2018 7:00 PM

Very good.

June 24, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Favia is one in a million. He is so easy to talk to and with. Glad he is my physician.

June 24, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr Favia will take extra time to make sure his patients get the best care.

June 22, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Favia had all the records available. Discussed some options for a few problems. Got my reactions to his ideas. Thoroughly discussed the steps I was to take and will try for a specific time. I left feeling. confident.

June 17, 2018 7:00 PM

I liked Dr. Favia's professionalism & health care.

June 15, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr Favia listened to my concerns and address them all. He explained why he wanted to run any tests he ordered. He was the first new doctor I've seen in 35 years. His calm demeanor made me feel at ease. I would like to make him my new primary physician.

June 12, 2018 7:00 PM

We have been seeing Dr. Favia for over 12 years now. He is the only reason we still go to Alpine Family Physicians.

May 27, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Favia is a wonderful doctor and I've recommended him to several people. He's compassionate and has a great personality to go along with his vast medical knowledge.

May 25, 2018 7:00 PM

care is excellent

May 22, 2018 7:00 PM

I understand Dr. Favia is leaving A.H.G. and I plan to follow him.

May 21, 2018 7:00 PM

my favorite doc

May 18, 2018 7:00 PM

I come in every six months for a med check. Dr. Favia has been my doctor for the last 15 years. He is an awesome man.

May 11, 2018 7:00 PM

I'll like the quality of care and service provided by Dr Favia. If I didn't I would shop.

May 7, 2018 7:00 PM

Provider was most attentive and listened to all my concerns. Getting into my 60's soon and have some health concerns. Provider was able to advise in a clear concise manner.

May 6, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr Favia is the PCP for my husband and myself. He takes great care of us. We love him! He's the best! He is always very caring and supportive of us.

May 6, 2018 7:00 PM

excellent!

May 5, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr Favia is Great it's like talking to a friend or relative!

April 29, 2018 7:00 PM

very pleasant. In and out in short order. Rx refills are for 6 months so usually don't talk in between.

April 23, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Favia has been caring for my father for the past three years and I was able to schedule a physical exam with Dr. Favia whom I now choose to be my attending physician.

April 22, 2018 7:00 PM

it was very helpful.

April 22, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Rabia is always pleasant and personable. Never been dissatisfied with my history of seeing him as my primary care physician.

April 18, 2018 7:00 PM

I am very thankful for Doctor Favia's compassion and professionalism. He personally talk to my gynecologist to make sure that I was taken care of and called us home right after the procedure. I'm happy that I have a doctor that sees me like a person not a number.

April 16, 2018 7:00 PM

I have moved from this town but would never switch doctors. Dr. Favia and Dr. X go above and beyond caring for their patients. They are the very best and an asset to this group. 5 stars!!!!!

April 16, 2018 7:00 PM

The office visits are always very pleasant.

April 15, 2018 7:00 PM

dr favia is excellent

April 13, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr Favia is very understanding of my personal needs. His nurses go above and beyond to help and are always so pleasant which makes my visit even more worthwhile. Having a full team that works great together really shows, I can tell as a patient they put a lot of work in patient satisfaction.

April 9, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr Fabia was great, & told me what Needed to hear not what I wanted to hear

April 8, 2018 7:00 PM

as usual, very professional, prompt and informative.

April 6, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Favis and staff were awesome. Was extremely thorough. Loved this! Recently switched after 14 yrs.

March 30, 2018 7:00 PM

All of my interactions with the Staff and Doctor are always very positive and I always leave feeling I have received the best care possible! This is by far the best group I have ever had outside of my children's pediatricians, and now that they are adults they are all here.

March 26, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Favia is always a pleasure to consult with and ask questions. He takes the time to listen and provide information and solutions for them.

March 23, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr Favia always takes the time to explain the situation

March 23, 2018 7:00 PM

Good visit. Very prompt; I had to do 0 waiting (I didn't even get a chance to sit down in the waiting room before they called me back). Dr. Favia was courteous, attentive, and answered all my questions thoroughly. Everything flowed so quickly - vitals check, to seeing the Dr, to the blood draw work. It was each person one after the other. I can't say much else other than this was a good visit for my routine check-up

March 21, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Favia listened to my thoughts about my medical needs before his exam. Afterwards we discussed what he found and he provided three referrals to specialists as needed. Dr. Favia also wanted MRI and ulltra sound. Subsequently, Dr. Favia personally reviewed these test results with me over the phone and I am now scheduled to see a cardiologist,

March 19, 2018 7:00 PM

I saw Dr.Favia for a 6 month med check. My experience with him for this visit as with all my visits with him have been very good. He is very knowledgable, courteous, respectful and professional. I am lucky to have him as my primary physician.

March 19, 2018 7:00 PM

best doctor I ever had. can't say enough about Dr Favia. he is awesome

March 18, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Philip Favia is my family doctor from years that has really helped me when I needed it .

March 16, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr Favia has been my family of 6 physician for over 15 years. He is a excellent physician as well as a caring friend. A better person you will not find.

March 12, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Favia and his nursing staff are fantastic. However the office staff at the Ryan Pkwy facility are unpersonable and at times rude. Telephone calls and prescription refills could take days or multiple calls to get returned or filled. That is most frustrating. It seems to have gotten worse since Advocate bought the location. When it was Alpine things were better pertaining to the office staff.

February 27, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr Favia is a great doctor and I would recommend him to friends & family.

February 26, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr Favia really takes his time to listen and also explain information about your health. He is very personable and easy to talk to.

February 25, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. Favia is truly an amazing physician that treats patients with respect and includes the patient in decision making. He has great instinct, I trust him, and I sincerely appreciate his interpersonal skills.

February 25, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr Favia has been my doctor for 8 years. He is the best physician I have ever seen. He is a great listener and totally understands my health issues. He saved my life 8 years ago by ordering an ultrasound which was the first step in diagnosing my pancreatic cancer.

February 22, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. Favia is very good in his manner, respectful and answers whatever concerns I have. I am VERY pleased with the service I receive.

February 18, 2018 6:00 PM

Front desk clerk very rude. . Made me feel like a criminal because I owed a balance.

February 12, 2018 6:00 PM

This was a first visit with Dr. Favia. He was very understanding of my health history and wanted to continue when all of the records were available.

February 11, 2018 6:00 PM

Great experience from the front desk, nurses and the Dr.

February 5, 2018 6:00 PM

I was very pleased with Dr.

February 3, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. Favia is very thorough and goes through everything relative to my visit. He ensures that I have what I need to treat my condition, and suggests other alternatives available to me, without being pushy. This visit was foe a med check, labs and pneumonia shot.

February 2, 2018 6:00 PM

Very happy to find. good provider so close to home. Wait time was longer than expected but worth it because the doctor was very caring and took his time with me.

January 29, 2018 6:00 PM

Provider is excellent. Schedulers & reception are rude and condescending. It took more than four phone calls, multiple messages, and long wait (hold) times to make appt. Doctor is great, reception and schedulers are awful.

January 29, 2018 6:00 PM

Always get the best possible care from this provider

January 26, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. Favia is great. I trust myself and my whole family to him to give us excellent care

January 24, 2018 6:00 PM

Good place to go. All were pleasant.

January 16, 2018 6:00 PM

they are always great I live out of state and take the trek dowe to see my doctors they are amazing

January 8, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. Favia is wonderful. He aways makes you feel comfortable and cared about. He is the best!

January 7, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr Favia is one of the best most caring physicians I have ever seen. he takes all the time you need with him and doesn't rush through the appointment. explains things in terms you can understand.

January 6, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr Favia is the best doctor I have ever visited, he is very thorough and caring

January 1, 2018 6:00 PM

Had to wait over 30 mins in waiting room then another 30 mins in exam room for doctor. Over an hour waiting for less than 5 mins with doctor. Doctor acted rushed and in a hurry.

January 1, 2018 6:00 PM

We had a great experience during this visit. Appointment was on time and the doctor spent time to explain things to us and made us feel at ease.

January 1, 2018 6:00 PM

My visit was pleasant, being diabetic the doctor is concerned about all of my high risk categories.

January 1, 2018 6:00 PM

My Medical visits with Dr. Favia have always been informative and thorough regarding any concerns that I may have about my health. I hope to be able to continue to see Dr. Favia for my regular medical visits as well as any other health related conditions I may need help with. I would definitely refer family and friends to this physician.

December 26, 2017 6:00 PM

Dr. Favia is a fantastic doctor. He listens to my needs, ask the questions about my health and history that is important and valid for my age.

December 25, 2017 6:00 PM

Have always had good experience with Dr. Favia and staff.

December 24, 2017 6:00 PM

Dr. Facial is amazing. The only problem I have is getting someone to call me back when I eleave a message.