Philip F Skiba, DO

Wilmette, IL 60091

Office: 847-318-9330

Meet Philip F Skiba, DO

• Fellowship: Overlook Hospital, Sports Medicine
  • Residency: Union Hospital, Family Medicine
  • Fellowship: Union Hospital, Sports Medicine
  • Residency: National Rehabilitation Hospital, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
  • Internship: Advocate Lutheran General Hospital, Internal Medicine
  • Medical School: Kirksville College Of Osteopathic Medicine

• Sports Medicine

• Advocate Children's Hospital - Park Ridge
  • Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center

Comments

March 29, 2020 7:15 AM

Very helpful.

March 29, 2020 7:15 AM

Good experience.

March 17, 2020 11:46 AM

Dr. Skiba is very knowledgeable and very helpful.

March 17, 2020 11:46 AM

Good experience.

March 16, 2020 4:52 PM

Dr Skiba is the BEST!!!

March 12, 2020 10:21 AM

Good care.

March 12, 2020 10:21 AM

Good.

February 5, 2020 7:00 AM

Dr. Skiba and the staff were professional, supportive and helpful during my visit. It was a very positive experience.

February 5, 2020 7:00 AM

It was very convenient to have immediate access to the X-ray facilities.

February 4, 2020 12:36 PM

Thank you, Dr. Skiba.

February 4, 2020 12:34 PM

He listened and suggested trying PT & got a script - gave me a time limit & will talk about relief in a month - liked him a lot.

January 13, 2020 7:59 AM

I love Dr. Skiba, but I wish he would listen to me better about my level of pain or comfort. I feel I should have had an MRI in December - and it took a month of emails to convince him to put in a order for an MRI.

January 13, 2020 7:59 AM

Dr. Skiba knows his stuff!

January 8, 2020 7:36 AM

Dr. Skiba was one of my favorite health care providers this year! Everyone in his office is kind and fun - something I look for in scary situations like doctor visits. They made me feel relaxed and well cared for.

January 8, 2020 7:36 AM

I was super impressed that I was able to get an X-ray and the results in the same visit. Way exceeded my expectations. I have already told multiple people to see Dr. Skiba if they need orthopedic service!

December 21, 2019 12:53 PM

Overall a positive experience.

December 21, 2019 12:53 PM

Dr. Skiba and his team were very attentive in answering all questions I had regarding my health concerns and answering any questions I posted via patient portal.

November 3, 2019 6:00 PM

Everyone at Nessett & or Parkside are more than kind & helpful. some of these questions I answered weren't specific to Dr. Skiba. I have had a stress nuclear test mammogram yearly physical & 2 visits with Dr. Skiba.

October 30, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Skiba is amazing. He's always friendly and can always come up with a treatment plan for me. I trust him totally.

October 28, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Skiba is friendly, caring, knowledgeable, and very professional.

September 12, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Skiba explained the test I took in its entirety. I understood very well how I should proceed after taking the list & after seeing Dr. Skiba.

September 8, 2019 7:00 PM

pleasant and knowledgeable

September 1, 2019 7:00 PM

As always, Dr Skiba was friendly, patient, thorough and helpful. He richly deserves the respect he receives from the public, the Advocate staff, and his patients.

August 28, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Skiba and Dr. X were professional, friendly, attentive, approachable & knowledgeable. They both gave me practical and helpful information on how to resolve my issue, I would definite recommend both of these doctors.

August 15, 2019 7:00 PM

very good

August 11, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Skiba was very helpful and thorough and concerned about my injury and did everything he felt necessary to make sure I got the best care. I'm extremely satisfied with him and his care team.

August 4, 2019 7:00 PM

DR. SKIBA IS ONE OF A KIND DOCTOR. VERY GOOD LISTENER, GOOD COMMUNICATOR, EASY GOER. GREAT PERSON. TOOK HIS ADVISE AND WORK OUT DAILY

July 28, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Skiba was very personable and courteous and gave me good advice on how to improve my condition.

July 22, 2019 7:00 PM

He was over 30 minutes late, had no real thoughts on what could be causing my pain and did not seem to care that he had no ideas. He told me to come back 'in a few months', but when I asked if I needed to make another appointment he said 'no'. Then, when I read the notes on the portal, it said to come back in a month. No clear communication. I will no longer waste my time or money on this provider.

June 30, 2019 7:00 PM

I love Dr. Skiba. He is very personable, professional and smart!

June 6, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Skiba is always professional. He is a Sports Medicine doctor and very knowledgeable about his field of medicine. He orders physical therapy when needed.

June 3, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Skiba's inter performed exam. He spent a total of 10-15 minutes with me. I would have liked Dr. Skiba to have performed the exam on my knee & shoulders. I also had to call for my x-ray read. Dr. Skiba stated someone would call within 24-48 hrs. with a read from my x-ray. It would also be nice to have a hard copy of the visit.

May 22, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Skiba was great! He listened to my concerns. he let me be an active part of the treatment approach, and listened to my concerns about insurance costs for test v. medicine. he was awesome and is always there to help me w/my sports injuries!

May 3, 2019 7:00 PM

Ski a was great. Professional but terse which was perfect for me. He was encouraging with regard to my overall fitness and health and eased my mind about some concerns I had.Also, whether warranted or not, he and his assistant were very supportive and encouraging about the physical fitness test I performed. Made me feel like a rock star!

March 17, 2019 7:00 PM

Doctor Skiba treated me with respect. not something you get everywhere.

March 13, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Skiba is an outstanding, knowledgeable & caring doctor. We are grateful to have him on X's care team.

January 26, 2019 6:00 PM

The Dr always has training associates within that are always changing so each appointment you have to go over your history, repeat your problem, get reevaluated. That is after discussing with the clerk that first time each apt. very repetitious and time wasting. Then the dr. comes in to see you and covers similar info.

January 19, 2019 6:00 PM

Dr Skiba is great. already recommended him to 2 other people and they were totally satisified. one being a young friend and one my sister. Dr Skiba is most compassionate. kind and understanding. very fortunate to be his patient.

January 13, 2019 6:00 PM

Dr. Skiba is wonderful. He listens and really cares. I am so grateful I found him in my time of need. He is very knowledgeable and knows how to communicate in terms I can understand. Very awesome doctor!

October 21, 2018 7:00 PM

Very courteous, friendly and was genuinely concerned.

October 21, 2018 7:00 PM

I love Dr. Skiba!

October 8, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Scibo was very knowlegible about my shoulder problem and the course of treatment I should engage in.

October 7, 2018 7:00 PM

Very good

September 7, 2018 7:00 PM

This was my first visit and upon completion of the exam I felt that I choose the right team

September 5, 2018 7:00 PM

Always a pleasant experience.

August 17, 2018 7:00 PM

my experience was a good positive experience with my provider.

July 13, 2018 7:00 PM

The receptionist greeted me warmly, the assistant asked the correct questions and Dr. Skiba was very professional.

June 18, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Skiba is always pleasant as well as clear about what the issue that brings us together may be. I am comfortable before, during, and after our visits.

June 7, 2018 7:00 PM

Very kind & caring physician. Friendly.

May 11, 2018 7:00 PM

The doctor seems experienced and kind. He was interested in my issue and provided information that allayed my fears that something may be broken. He prescribed an appropriate medication and exercise.......also ordered an x-ray, which was taken immediately at the facility. Told me to return for a followup visit in a couple of weeks.

March 19, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Skiba did a professional job.

March 3, 2018 6:00 PM

By far the best Doctor I have ever been too. Moving forward he will be my go to Doctor for any sports injury's.

January 31, 2018 6:00 PM

Excellent care - & interest in my concern - really cared for my concerns - highly recommend him.

January 29, 2018 6:00 PM

My experience with Dr. Skiba and his associates was very positive.

January 23, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. Skiba seems very knowledgeable about shoulder injuries. He examined my shoulder and felt I needed additional physical therapy.

November 28, 2017 6:00 PM

Dr. Skiba is first rate. He appears happy to see and remains very engaged throughout the appointment. He explains and makes certain you comprehend his explanations.

October 12, 2017 7:00 PM

Dr. Skiba was awesome. We decided what avenue was best for me. MRI vs. injection. He and I talked about the best course of action, and I was thankful he considered my opinion just as important in my POC.

September 9, 2017 7:00 PM

Had to repeat stress due to face mask being uncomfortable. Second visit dr. & staff adjusted mask and did everything possible to make me more comfortable so I could complete the test. Very caring staff.

August 2, 2017 7:00 PM

Excellent - He explained everything we'll be doing - answered all questions.

July 21, 2017 7:00 PM

Dr. Skiba was kind and attentive and answered all my questions and concerns.