Patrick J. Gries, MD

Specialty: Pediatrics

Your health and safety is our top priority. Get COVID-19 info, vaccine news and see our limited-visitor policy.

Schedule via LiveWell

Advocate Children's Medical Group

2551 Compass Drive

Glenview, IL 60025

Office: 847-729-6445

Fax: 847-729-9707

Meet Patrick J. Gries, MD

• Adolescent MedicineAsthmaAttention Deficit DisorderChronic IllnessNewborn CareObesity

• Children's Memorial Hospital
  • Milwaukee Children's Hospital
  • Medical College of Wisconsin

• Pediatrics

• Advocate Children's Hospital - Park Ridge

Comments

July 31, 2020 5:18 AM

We adore Dr. Gries and the team at his office. They are amazing and wonderful. Feel so happy and pleased to have them as a support in raising our children

July 24, 2020 11:15 AM

Overall Dr. Gries is nice, out slightly dismissive/nonchalant in attitude.

July 6, 2020 11:43 PM

excellent as always

March 27, 2020 12:00 AM

Dr. Gries is a great doctor for my son who has not liked going to the doctor in the past.

March 23, 2020 7:47 AM

I want to recognize the physicians and staff at Glenbrook Pediatrics. Each appointment is efficient, and I feel that we receive very good care. I do wish during off hours (nights & Sundays) it would be easier to get in touch with a physician.

March 23, 2020 7:47 AM

I had a call once in the middle of the night where I was triaged quite a bit. Would be nice to be able to speak with a physician a bit more easily.

February 24, 2020 4:29 PM

Dr. Gries was my husband's pediatrician and when it came to choosing one for my children he was top of the list. Extremely knowledgeable, kind and through. I trust him completely!

February 10, 2020 7:27 AM

Dr. Gries is very thorough and makes sure to ask all the right questions.

February 10, 2020 6:40 AM

Very good, sent us the adequate medications and gave us a 2nd appointment to see if I had lost weight and if I was better from my stomach, excellent thanks.

January 27, 2020 9:31 PM

very good care with minimal waiting time!

January 27, 2020 9:31 PM

great experience

January 8, 2020 2:32 PM

I really trust him with getting the diagnosis correct over less experienced MD's.

January 6, 2020 1:36 PM

Dr. Gries is always very kind and knowledgeable about our children's care. We appreciate him, and travel distance to continue receiving care from him because we trust him.

December 31, 2019 7:43 AM

Extremely happy with provider.

December 31, 2019 7:43 AM

Great experience.

December 28, 2019 7:53 AM

doctor is unemotional and lacks empathy for patients

December 21, 2019 12:53 PM

Great.

December 5, 2019 1:04 PM

Dr. Gries is excellent dr. Child has been his patient since birth. Friendly. Easy to speak with. Ask appropriate questions.

December 3, 2019 9:38 PM

Dr Gries and all of the physicians in this practice are excellent physicians. I am very happy with the care we receive. Staff is also friendly and helpful. X, one of the nurses and lactation consultants is a delight and quite helpful.

October 6, 2019 7:00 PM

I love this office. the staff is so helpful and kind. the nurse helped me find an appointment right away. I've been coming here for 13 years. seeing familiar faces at check in is a huge comfort.

September 11, 2019 7:00 PM

I appreciated Dr. Gries taking very seriously my worry about my son having anger issues as well as family issues. We received a referral to help the situation.

September 6, 2019 7:00 PM

I think he is kinda dry with the kids but since he is so knowledgeable I know I'm getting the best care

August 25, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Gries/Glenbook Peds is a great practice.

August 25, 2019 7:00 PM

Long wait time but good doctor.

August 18, 2019 7:00 PM

We love Dr. Gries. he is very knowledgeable and an extremely good listener. We have recommended many families to his office.

July 5, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Gries explained everything very well and answered all of our questions. we are happy he is our son's pediatrician

July 1, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Gries is a helpful doctor. I am very appreciative of his care.

May 17, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr Gries is professional and candid. Asks appropriate questions and thorough examination for what we were there for.

May 5, 2019 7:00 PM

we love the dr.'s ability to be direct and answer questions. he's very easy to work with

April 24, 2019 7:00 PM

Wonderful as always.

March 7, 2019 6:00 PM

computer checkin was a nightmare. computer problems. took 30 minutes and 2 different computers to check in 2 kids to see the doc.

January 30, 2019 6:00 PM

Love going to this facility, my son has gone here since he was born and we love them!!

I thought Dr. Gries had poor bedside manner. He didn't even shake my hand or introduce himself when he came in and he said my son's congestion was probably allergy related, even though I told him my son didn't have allergies. Then, when I commented that my son wasn't talking very much yet, he right away jumped to getting him evaluated, which I thought was a little quick, since he didn't even know my son or his behaviors. And when the appointment was done, he just sort of left and no one came back in to follow up or even show us where the exit was (we were at a different office than usual). The first receptionist we dealt with was nice, so I would recommend this office to others, but not Dr. Gries. For an older doctor, I thought he would have more compassion and care, but he came off as cold and not caring. Very disappointed indeed.

January 13, 2019 6:00 PM

The staff are very friendly and helpful. our pediatrician for my son was my own pediatrician. I was so happy to see he was still practicing.

October 8, 2018 7:00 PM

Love Dr. Gries! Love your facility.

October 8, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Gries is excellent when giving direct medical advice. I like taking my kids to him for sick visits because I feel he is very knowledgeable and gives me direct advice.

October 7, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr Gries could be a little more compassionate and patient.

September 7, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Gries is the best! We've been taking our kids to him since birth and he has been an asset to our family.

August 12, 2018 7:00 PM

my son has gone here since he was a baby and they are amazing.

July 9, 2018 7:00 PM

excellent

June 26, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Gries and staff always provide a professional, friendly environment that put parents & child at ease.

June 18, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr Gries is friendly, knowledgeable, realistic and direct. I like his no-nonsense approach and this is why we continue to come back.

June 10, 2018 7:00 PM

felt the provider was rushed. but he always lets me know the information I need.

May 30, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Gries is a very good doctor. He is thorough, detailed and always asks pertinent questions about what led up to illness and need for doctor visit. We appreciate his dedication to pediatrics and we are always on the path to recovery after our visits.

May 6, 2018 7:00 PM

I saw Dr. Gries on 04/27. I had a positive experience with him as a healthcare provider. However, I am extremely disappointed with the treatment I received by the nurse he was working with. She had a horrible attitude, very lazy and was extremely rude to me while I completed a breathing test. She continuously rolled her eyes at me, barked orders instead of politely asking me to step on the scale. She was visibly annoyed by my inability to breathe for as long as she told me to into the breathing test due to the fact that I was so horribly sick. It got to the point where she was yelling and me and I was in tears during my appointment. She saw that I was crying and she became so awkward and uncomfortable that she left the room instead of saying anything. I have been coming to this practice for the last 12 years and after this horrible treatment and I will never be returning. I am surprised you let nurses like this come into contact with children. She should be fired.

May 4, 2018 7:00 PM

We love and very much trust Dr Gries!

April 16, 2018 7:00 PM

quick, efficient and easy. perfect for a doctor's appointment

March 19, 2018 7:00 PM

VEry good

March 10, 2018 6:00 PM

he just seemed rushed. it was almost 8 pm at night and I was a stranger so who knows. it wasn't terrible. just a bit rushed.

February 21, 2018 6:00 PM

During our visit, Dr. Patrick Gries spent long time typing on his computer, asking a lot of questions while typing. When he checked on our twins he was not compassionate and also he's not gentle to them. Our twins got anxious until they cried and vomited.

February 4, 2018 6:00 PM

Not very engaged, focused on the computer and getting through the visit. Seemed very bored with it all. I appreciated getting in that day for the illness.

January 21, 2018 6:00 PM

I felt talked down to. I did not feel at ease asking questions. I was stopped when I started to discuss relevant health issues of other household family members. My child and I both felt very uncomfortable.

January 13, 2018 6:00 PM

It was a good visit. Took a little longer than normal, but not excessively.

January 10, 2018 6:00 PM

Excellent. We've been very happy with Dr. Gries's care for our children and want to continue seeing him. He's always spot on with his observations and care plan.

December 31, 2017 6:00 PM

Great experience.

COVID-19

Vaccine Update

We’re vaccinating anyone in Illinois and Wisconsin who’s 16 and older – whether you’re our patient or not – with the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines. We’ve paused use of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. See why.

#IGOTMINE