Nishant S. Shah, MD

Specialty: Pediatric Neurology

Your health and safety is our top priority. Get COVID-19 info, vaccine news and see our limited-visitor policy.

3232 Lake Avenue

2nd Floor

Wilmette, IL 60091

Office: 847-318-9330

Fax: 847-723-9441

1675 Dempster Street

3rd Floor

Park Ridge, IL 60068

Office: 847-318-9330

Fax: 847-723-9051

Meet Nishant S. Shah, MD

• Secondary languages: GujaratiHindiMarathi
  • Gender:
  • Clinical interests: Behavioral Therapy/ProblemsDevelopmental and Behavioral DisordersNeuromuscular DiseaseNeurophysiologySeizure DisordersTic DisordersTourette's Syndrome
  • Related website: https://www.advocatehealth.com/amg/

• Fellowship: New York University Medical Center; Pediatric Neurology
  • Residency: New York University Medical Center
  • Residency: Seth G. S. Medical College
  • Medical School: University of Bombay

• Pediatric Neurology

• Advocate Children's Hospital - Park Ridge
  • Advocate Condell Medical Center
  • Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital
  • Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center

Comments

May 27, 2020 4:36 AM

Dr. Shah was an amazing provider during our e-visit. He took the time to listen to my concerns, so I felt heard. He explained things clearly and fully and was very friendly and warm in his demeanor.

May 15, 2020 12:00 AM

Dr. Shah and his entire team consistently provides the most compassionate and professional medical care.

May 8, 2020 12:00 AM

Dr. Nishant Shah is one of the best doctors I've ever seen. He is kind, thoughtful, thorough and compassionate. He is highly knowledgeable.

May 8, 2020 12:00 AM

One of the best doctors I have ever visited Dr. Nishant Shah.

April 8, 2020 4:35 AM

Dr. Shah spent the time with us to explain all options which we very much appreciated.

March 16, 2020 3:37 PM

Dr Shah is always kind and friendly and very responsive to my questions and concerns about my son's health during our visits.

March 14, 2020 8:05 AM

Dr. Shah is amazing. we cannot day enough good things. He is is an expert yet explains everything in ways we can understand. His bedside manner is fantastic and we feel extremely comfortable with him. There is no one better than Dr. Shah for our daughter.

February 24, 2020 10:34 PM

I love our Dr. I do not like the taxing system that Lutheran general uses to contact a physician/ nurse when you need to communicate something with them. It is extremely tedious. If you have a simple question about medication, or are trying to call the office back, you must go through a middle man who often knows nothing about health care and can only reiterate a simple message. by the time they get someone to call you back (sometimes hours later), you are no longer able to answer your phone, miss the call, and the process begins again.

February 24, 2020 10:34 PM

Your EEG technician is fabulous. Also, the system that allows you to get a 7am EEG and then immediately see the Dr. to discuss the result is brilliant. These are the reasons we left Lurie Children's and never looked back.

February 22, 2020 9:45 AM

fantastic

February 20, 2020 7:45 AM

I have no negative comments regarding Dr. Shah. He has always been respectful & thorough & pleasant & accommodating.

February 20, 2020 7:45 AM

Clerk/reception @ time of visit was very unfriendly & did not communicate well. I never knew if we were finished & had to always ask.

February 17, 2020 10:50 PM

The staff and doctor were wonderful, they put us at ease during a tough time.

February 17, 2020 10:50 PM

My only issue with the office is that I don't have a direct number to reach them at, I always have to go through the main system prompts and I wish I could call them directly

February 1, 2020 9:13 AM

Dr Shah is the Best .We feel Blessed that we have him for our son . He is just amazing .

February 1, 2020 9:13 AM

Doctor Shah is alll ears every visit . We look forward to our visit with him . He makes sure we get answers to all our questions . He helps us In allll possible ways .

January 30, 2020 8:26 AM

Dr. Shah was wonderful. He's very thorough, took his time with us to make sure we understood everything.

January 30, 2020 8:26 AM

One of the best doctors I've ever interacted with.

January 3, 2020 12:20 PM

Dr. Shah is amazing!! My son is non-verbal and very challenging and Dr. Shah is a great listener and always tries to help!!

December 16, 2019 2:05 PM

This was a brief visit with Dr. Shah but he was very kind and informative as always and great at listening and communicating.

December 14, 2019 5:39 AM

Dr. Shah is amazing, prompt, a great listener & so helpful. We would highly recommend him to anyone.

November 11, 2019 1:47 PM

Dr Shah and his nurse are amazing! They genuinely care about my son and our entire family. They give us all of the time and attention we need. We feel as if we are their only patients.

November 6, 2019 9:57 AM

Dr. Shah is an excellent physician. He is extremely competent & very caring. We are grateful for his wonderful care.

October 21, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Shah is a wonderful doctor! We love him.

September 10, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Shah is a wonderful, kind, compassionate and knowledgeable physician. He always ensures that we understand everything he recommends and takes time to answer all our questions.

September 8, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Shah is a great dr. He listened & explained our concerns.

August 18, 2019 7:00 PM

he is the best doctor over and we are the luckiest we are the luckiest people ever that he was on call the day we got admitted to the hospital 5 years ago! although our lives were about to change forever, we wouldn't want anyone but Dr. Shah along for this journey with us!

August 8, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Nishant Shah is the best doctor I have ever had interactions with! He explains things so clearly, never makes you feel rushed, and always values patient input. He also has wonderful bedside manner with my daughter. We love Dr. Shah!

August 4, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Nishant Shah is by far the greatest medical professional I have ever seen. He is patient, kind, listens, explains things in a manor in which I can understand, talks about both sides and options, and makes me feel heard. He has changed my life and I cannot thank him and his team enough. He is an example for other doctors!

July 14, 2019 7:00 PM

Very informative doctor/explained things well.

July 14, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Shah is awesome & so helpful. He is always so informative & listens so well. Neurologists in general aren't good listeners. Dr. Shah is exceptional.

June 23, 2019 7:00 PM

The visit by itself was very good. but the scheduling is a pain.

June 16, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Nishant Shah is the best doctor anyone in my family has ever seen. He is thorough, knowledgeable and attentive. We always feel that he listens to us and we have the utmost respect for him and his staff.

June 2, 2019 7:00 PM

Not enough open appointment slots ever.

May 1, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr Shah is amazing. He listens, asks questions directly to my child and ensures that we understand all available options

April 14, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Shah is a great doctor and he has been instrumental in her seizure treatment.

March 27, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Shah is the very best!!

March 17, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Nishant Shah is simply the best. we are Dr. Nishant Shah is simply the best. We are impressed time and time again with him and know our daughter is receiving the best possible care. He also ensures we are taken care of and fully understand everything. I've never encountered a doctor who is so calming, caring, dedicated, and makes everyone feel so informed. he answers all questions so everyone can understand and we are all on the exact same page. he is truly the best.

March 11, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Shah is an amazing, compassionate doctor who does a wonderful job explaining everything. He's the best!

March 11, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Shah was great. A careful listener. Takes his time. Explains his thought process thoroughly. I like how he includes my thoughts and concerns in the deciding the plan. I really felt satisfied that my daughter got a thorough evaluation. Thank you doctor Shah for taking good care of my daughter.

March 4, 2019 6:00 PM

Dr. Shah is a caring, empathetic, and knowledgeable physician. He listens to his patients and gives thoughtful advice.

February 17, 2019 6:00 PM

Dr. Shah is hands down the best ped. neurologist in the Chicago area.

February 13, 2019 6:00 PM

Very nice doctor, listened carefully to our concerns and questions.

January 30, 2019 6:00 PM

Dr. Shah is always very professional and kind to my kids. He explains pros and cons during our visits and if we need extra paper work for school, the team is quite helpful.

Dr Shah was very professional and informative! He explained all our options to both parents and included my child. I was extremely happy with my experience with Dr Shah, and am looking forward to working with him for the best outcome for my child.

January 26, 2019 6:00 PM

we love Dr Shah. he communicates directly with our child, asks lots of good questions and and is extremely knowledgeable

January 26, 2019 6:00 PM

Doctor Shah is a very kind and patient doctor. he explains things easily and he listens to all of our concerns.

January 14, 2019 6:00 PM

We absolutely LOVE Dr. Shah!! He is patient and WONDERFUL!!! My son looks forward to seeing him!!

January 3, 2019 6:00 PM

We adore Dr. Shah. We live in California and fly back every 6 months to see him.

November 15, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. Nishant Shah is the BEST! And we are always treated great by everyone from the EEG technician (X) to Dr. Shah's nurses. Great team. Great doctor!

November 14, 2018 6:00 PM

He asks lot of questions to properly assess situation. He is very respectful & polite and we are very comfortable with him so far.

November 2, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Shah is one if the best doctors I have had the pleasure of encountering. He is incredibly knowledgeable, and talks to children as they are the most important people in the room. He listens to what they are saying and engages in meaningful dialogue with them.

October 29, 2018 7:00 PM

Excellent inter-personal communications. Great listener. Gave all possible treatment options.

October 15, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Shah is wonderful and we feel so incredibly lucky to have him for our daughter's neurologist. We never feel rushed during visit, he always has time for all our questions, and explains answers in a way we understand. I can't say enough nice things about him, if your child needs to see a neurologist he is the guy! No need to drive to the city for excellent care, it's right here close to home. Thank you Dr. Shah!

October 9, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Shah is one of the finest doctors my child has ever had (and he's had many). He is patient, kind, listens, and explains things (over and over if necessary). His nursing staff is awesome too!

October 9, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr Shah is wonderful! He understands my son's condition and isn't afraid to ask questions about his rare genetic disorder.

September 20, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Shah is always patient, thoughtful, kind & thorough. He always gives us options for plan of care, listens to concerns & helps guide us in what is the best care plan is for our daughter. We trust him & would recommend him to friends.

July 26, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr Shah was beyond amazing! He was smart, wonderful and a fantastic doctor! He was great with our son and with us as well! Will definitely come back and recommend highly to friends and family. My son now wants to be a peds neurologist after seeing him :)

June 18, 2018 7:00 PM

Best Doctor EVER!

May 23, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Shah is the best doctor ever. I cannot say enough good things about him! No parent wants their child to need a neurologist, but I couldn't ask for a better, more endearing, engaging, intelligent, sympathetic, compassionate and all around amazing doctor!

April 27, 2018 7:00 PM

Always a pleasure to see Dr. Shah. We look forward to his guidance each visit.

April 18, 2018 7:00 PM

Loved working with him. He stopped, listened, reflected on what we said verbally paraphrasing it and asking if he understood correctly. He was great - He did apologize for being late. I didn't mind a bit.

April 10, 2018 7:00 PM

It was a pleasant experience especially when I bring in both my special needs boys. Visit with dr. was great!

April 9, 2018 7:00 PM

I cannot praise Dr. Shah enough, he was absolutely wonderful! He was patient, thorough, kind, optimistic and also had great interaction with our 13 month old! He did not make us feel rushed at all! I would recommend every person needing pediatric neurology services to Dr Shah!

April 8, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Shau is an excellent doctor! My son has been seeing him for over 8 years! We can't thank him enough for all of the care he has provided X. Dr. Shau is the best of the best!!! A+++++++

March 28, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Shah is a phenomenal physician. The very best.

March 27, 2018 7:00 PM

It's been more than 10 years with Dr. Shah & the truth is I can't find the exact words to describe that great man there are few people I know & I say: That person knew how to know the talent that God gave him.

March 21, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Shah is excellent! he takes his time with us and always explains things so well.

February 14, 2018 6:00 PM

AWESOME as always - Dr. Shah always makes you feel no question/concern is stupid. Makes you feel a part of the team caring for your child. Consistently excellent care!

February 7, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. Shah is an excellent Doctor he has been treating me since I was 10, I am now 19. He has always talked to me first, then my parents . Making sure I understand what was going on. He also would ask what I wanted to do first. My parent would also, let me run the appt. which helped. Dr. Shah is very kind and caring and would do anything for his patients.

COVID-19

Vaccine Update

Please be patient, vaccine supplies are currently limited.

At this time, we’re vaccinating our most vulnerable patients based on CDC guidelines. If you’re our patient, we’ll contact you to schedule when it’s your turn based on available vaccine supplies.

#IGOTMINE