Marc Fine, MD

Specialty: Gastroenterology

Your health and safety is our top priority. Get COVID-19 info, vaccine news and see our no-visitor policy.

Advocate Medical Group

7900 North Milwaukee Avenue

Niles, IL 60714

Office: 847-318-9595

Fax: 847-318-9599

Meet Marc Fine, MD

• Gender:
  • Primary area of focus: Gastroenterology
  • Clinical interests: Colon PolypsColonoscopyColo-Rectal CancerDiarrheaEndoscopyEsophageal DisordersGallstonesGastro Esophogeal Reflux DiseaseHeartburnHemorrhoidsHypnotherapyInflammatory Bowel DiseaseMalabsorptionNutritional DisordersSwallowing DisordersUlcers
  • Related website: https://www.advocatehealth.com/amg/

• Fellowship: Michael Reese Hospital and Medical Center
  • Residency: Lutheran General Hospital
  • Internship: Lutheran General Hospital
  • Medical School: Chicago Medical School, Finch University Of Health Sciences

• Gastroenterology

Comments

July 30, 2020 10:31 AM

Dr. Fine listens with understanding intelligences and compassion. He doesn't force you into things, but always provides a wise course of action.

July 30, 2020 10:31 AM

I always feel well cared - for and with hope for the future after a visit.

July 18, 2020 3:51 PM

It was a good visit,I did not get nervous which I normally feel when seeing a doctor.

July 18, 2020 3:51 PM

Dr .Fine made me feel very comfortable on my visit.He was courteous and spoke well .The initial diagnosis was confirmed .He called me after the laboratory tests were completed within a few days and put my mind to rest .

July 14, 2020 3:18 AM

excellent

July 13, 2020 7:50 PM

Excellent. Dr. Fine has been very helpful with diagnosing and treating my GI condition. No other specialist has been able to help me up until this point, he took the time to listen and it made a great difference. He also take the time to share resources that I can use to educate myself on my condition and how to improve my overall health.

July 13, 2020 3:01 PM

I was very pleased with the information and care provided by Dr. Fine during the office visit to discuss my upcoming routine colonoscopy and additionally an endoscopy.

July 13, 2020 3:01 PM

I am happy with the overall service provided by Dr. Fine and his staff during my office visit.

July 13, 2020 10:04 AM

Dr. Fine has seen all our family for many years (decades) and has always done an exemplary job.

July 13, 2020 10:04 AM

No change needed. He has a great staff.

June 24, 2020 11:49 AM

My visit with Dr. Fine was very productive. We agreed on almost all we discussed.

June 24, 2020 11:49 AM

I left his office feeling we had pretty much accomplished what I needed.

June 22, 2020 10:24 PM

DR FINE IS VERY UNDERSTANDABLE. HE ALWAYS GIVES GOOD ADVICE.

June 22, 2020 10:24 PM

GOOD EXPERIENCE.

June 5, 2020 8:28 AM

The doctor was good, but the staff leaves a little to be desired.

May 28, 2020 2:03 PM

Actually I was originally apprehensive but visit turned out well.

May 27, 2020 2:14 PM

My experience with Dr. Fine and his office was excellent. He cares about his patients, take time in educating _____ about their diagnosis & what to expect. He returns phone calls in a timely manner. He is caring, pleasant & well educated in his field of gastroenterology.

May 27, 2020 2:14 PM

Lutheran General is blessed to have him on their staff. He is an A one physician.

May 26, 2020 10:43 AM

Appreciated his honesty.

May 22, 2020 12:00 AM

Good.

May 19, 2020 6:44 PM

dr. fine's office was very kind to call and guide me through registration on -line and explained how the visit would transpire.

May 19, 2020 6:44 PM

very good visit. dr. fine showed concern for my health during this difficult time and explained my over the counter medications clearly. I was given options for using/purchasing some the products in order to save money and to ensure good quality.

May 9, 2020 8:53 AM

great experience

May 4, 2020 2:37 PM

this was the first time I had a phone visit. I thought it went well. and we were able to come to the conclusion that I did not need to do a colonoscopy. the doctor did tell me that if I do get any bothersome symptoms to contact him at that time.

April 27, 2020 8:44 PM

Very good visit. Dr. Fine has great bedside manners and took his time.

March 29, 2020 7:15 AM

Very routine & always helpful.

March 2, 2020 1:30 PM

Great doc.

February 17, 2020 10:13 PM

Dr Fine spent time listening to my issues & gave me a printed report with everything we discussed and ways to improve my health with medication and better dietary choices on a daily basis. He is very thorough and a good listener.

February 17, 2020 2:04 PM

Always a good experience. Always spends time with me and is very kind and courteous. Always returns calls promptly.

February 17, 2020 2:04 PM

Excellent.

February 13, 2020 11:48 AM

Dr. Fine explains clearly what is going to happen, what I can expect, & what I should do in a reassuring manner.

February 13, 2020 11:16 AM

Very good. He understands my health situation in particular. - As I AM a senior citizen. He listens to what I have to say... I listen very carefully to what he is saying and WHY he is telling me. A VERY GOOD doctor who REALLY LISTENS and gives good advise - whether I approve it or not.

February 1, 2020 8:54 AM

Dr. Fine is a great doctor.

February 1, 2020 8:54 AM

Dr. Fine talks and listens to you and is very good at what he does.

January 14, 2020 4:21 PM

Excellent doctor!!

January 14, 2020 4:21 PM

all good here

December 29, 2019 3:26 PM

Waited over an hour to be seen. Then felt rushed while actually speaking with Dr. Fine. My thoughts/concerns were barely even heard. He did not seem interested in how I felt, my thoughts, concerns or ideas. He appeared very self-important as if he was the doctor, the patient should listen, not question, even when as a patient I do not feel heard out or thoroughly examined. No patient. No humility. I do appreciate supplements instead of pharmaceuticals/abx being prescribed which demonstrates knowledge of whole body connection.

December 13, 2019 7:24 AM

Good communication with me. Shares experience.

December 13, 2019 7:24 AM

When I called number to leave Dr. Fine a message, he did not receive some messages. Don't know if info relayed. My doctors at NWMH always communicate through patient portal, then telephone. Upon first appt., doctors need to tell patient best way to contact them. Follow-up hospital scheduling; picking up prior reports at Advocate Lutheran is another story. Poor systems in place. Hospital staff/med. bldg. staff lack knowledge where offices are.

December 3, 2019 8:37 AM

I like that Dr. Fine is focused on natural ways to heal the gut biome - not prescriptions.

November 18, 2019 1:28 PM

Dr. Fine inspires great confidence in his ability to care for his patients. He is both knowledgeable and kind.

November 18, 2019 1:28 PM

Dr. Fine is an excellent doctor.

November 14, 2019 11:00 PM

I have seen other providers in your practice that were unable to help me with my acid reflux. Dr. Fine has taken me off of pantaprozale (I was on for 6 years) and now I take DGL & probiotics and with my diet that he suggested and I feel great!

November 14, 2019 11:00 PM

My blood pressure was 180/80 3 months ago and I did not want to take pills - Dr. Fine suggested special food incorporated into my diet and 3 months later my blood pressure is between 120/70-132/75 daily! I feel BLESSED to have DR. FINE as my specialist and I did recommend him to a family members. God bless Dr. Fine!!

November 9, 2019 4:25 PM

good

November 9, 2019 4:25 PM

good

November 9, 2019 6:31 AM

Dr Fine is an excellent doctor

November 3, 2019 6:00 PM

Dr. Fine is one of the most caring specialists I have ever seen. He listens, tries non-prescription remedies first and will call you back whenever you need to talk to him.

October 28, 2019 7:00 PM

Had to wait too long to see the doctor.

October 23, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Fine - Caring, concerned, easy going & easy to talk to. Gave more advice on nonprescription ways to handle other ailments thru whole health as well as being a fine gastroenterologist.

October 18, 2019 7:00 PM

very good

October 11, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Fine has the best "bed side manner" of any doctor I have met. He makes me feel at ease and he thoroughly explains everything.

October 4, 2019 7:00 PM

Nurse is very curt and rushed through her portion of the time with me.

September 30, 2019 7:00 PM

Visit was good but we have not solved my problem

September 22, 2019 7:00 PM

excellent in every way.

September 22, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr Fine is very good covering everything. I felt very confident with him as my doctor and trust what he says.

September 22, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr Fine was worth the 3 month wait to see him. I know, if I called the office with a serious concern, that I would have seen Dr Fine sooner. But I didn't have an urgent matter, so when I called for the apt, I took what was the first available.

September 8, 2019 7:00 PM

Great experience.

September 8, 2019 7:00 PM

I had very good experience seen doctor fine,

September 3, 2019 7:00 PM

Very long wait time.

August 28, 2019 7:00 PM

I usually have to wait up to an hour for Dr. Fine but the flip side of that is that he always listens to me and doesn't rush through our visit - excellent doctor, excellent care.

August 23, 2019 7:00 PM

very thorough and positive.

August 13, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Fine is an excellent doctor. He listens to what you have to say and finds a way to help with your problem.

August 8, 2019 7:00 PM

My doctor's concern & care is very much appreciated by me. The few times I've had to reach out to him - he or his staff have responded promptly.

July 30, 2019 7:00 PM

My appointment was at 10 and I did not have to wait to see Dr. Fine. Was a good appointment.

July 15, 2019 7:00 PM

I appreciate Dr. Fine's level of expertise & knowledge. I would like to be able to communicate with him in my own style - rather than his.

July 14, 2019 7:00 PM

I trust him to care for this

July 2, 2019 7:00 PM

He called ASAP with good news of biopsy, relieving my anxiety.

June 16, 2019 7:00 PM

I thought Dr. Fine was terrific. He had studied my records and was prepared to meet with me and set about to correct misunderstandings I had been led to believe from my previous gastroenterologist. Glad I met D. Fine.

June 5, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Fine listened and came up with a plan.

June 3, 2019 7:00 PM

I greatly appreciate the care, knowledge, and approach Dr. Fine provides me. His "natural" and preventative approach is much needed in today's world. Most importantly I trust Dr. Fine with any health care need.

May 28, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Fine is WONDERFUL. Caring, respectful and very knowledgeable!

May 27, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Fine by far has been the most thorough in my examination. I have been dealing with stomach issues and Dr. Fine has taken a different approach.

May 19, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Fine is very concerned about the patient.

May 16, 2019 7:00 PM

Have been with this provider for more than twenty years. Should reflect my experiences with him.

May 11, 2019 7:00 PM

Very helpful office visit.

May 10, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr Fine has done a great job of helping me to manage my chrones disease

April 14, 2019 7:00 PM

Long wait to see doctor. Waited 1 hour and 50 minutes to see doctor that day.

April 8, 2019 7:00 PM

the doctor is very professional very knowledgeable and explains things in easy-to-understand language. He doesn't rush you he takes time to answer your questions he even look up the report on a surgery I had to get some information. Top Notch doctor

February 24, 2019 6:00 PM

After sitting in the waiting room for 45 min I initiated the question if I was going to be seen or not. Some sort of report to me would have been helpful.

February 3, 2019 6:00 PM

Dr.Fine always takes the time to listen and help.Great doctor!

January 30, 2019 6:00 PM

On January 14, 2019 I have an appointment with Dr. Fine. My appointment was for 11:15 am. I was 4 day into a very bad cold and just wanted to be at home. They told me that if I fail to make my procedure or not give them 24 hours notice I will be charged $25.00. Maybe I should charge them for wasting my time. I just might send them an invoice. I sat in the waiting room for over an hour. I went up to the desk to ask what the holdup was. The woman at the desk looked at me like I just walked in. I told her my appointment was for 11:15 and it's been more than an hour. They didn't even apologize, all she said I guess the doctor is running late. (You think!!!) I was going back up to the desk to tell them I have to reschedule, and the nurse came out to get me. That was 1 hour and 50 minutes later. The doctor came in and spent less the 15 minutes with me. I hope Dr. Fine has better time management in the OR then his staff has in his office. His staff needs to all be replaced with better people. My procedure is next week. After it's over I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO DR. FINE AGAIN. I will look for another doctor.

January 28, 2019 6:00 PM

Dr. Marc Fine is an excellent physician !

I live in Conifer, Colorado, and have an excellent team of MDs who monitor my health as I have the challenge of having inherited autoimmune atrophic gastritis with intestinal metaplasia. In addition I have Celiac disease and pernicious anemia. I wanted to be seen by Dr. Fine, a gastroenterologist, who practices functional medicine. He supported/confirmed that I'm doing everything possible to halt the destruction of my stomach. In addition, Dr. Fine gave me further dietary measures to take to further aid my body to repairing my stomach. I'm grateful to have been seen by Dr. Fine. In addition, Dr. Fine is an in network provider with my insurance, Blue Cross/Blue Shield. My travel from Colorado to Chicago was around 2200 miles, and being seen by Dr. Fine was well worth the cost of my trip. In addition, Dr. Fine extended the offer that I could call him with any questions I might have pertaining to my health challenges, which I accepted his offer and I called him upon return from my trip. Dr. Fine graciously had a call with me for around 22 minutes answering questions that I had.

long wait time

January 21, 2019 6:00 PM

I always feel better when I do what Dr. Fine tells me to, so I do it!

January 16, 2019 6:00 PM

Dr. Fine covered my entire health history, spending 90 minutes with me in order to cover all details. Thorough, respectful, attentive. Excellent experience.

January 13, 2019 6:00 PM

Horrible wait well over an hour, may have been 90 minutes and then VERY long check in with new computer system. I had school board meeting to go to and let people know right away. Nobody wanted to let doctor know till I was about to leave and we were able to quickly meet for a few minutes. I don't fault doctor, I fault staff.

December 8, 2018 6:00 PM

No complaints regarding Dr. Fine or his office staff. It was a very pleasant visit.

November 25, 2018 6:00 PM

Doctor Fine is excellent. Super knowledgeable and down-to-earth.

November 20, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr Fine is a wonderful doctor; kind, compassionate, and truly listens to me and my issues; he makes recommendations based my best interest with a goal of getting me healthier. I wish all my doctor's took the time to understand me and my medical issues like Dr Fine does. I am very thankful to have Dr Fine as my doctor.

November 11, 2018 6:00 PM

Very nice doctor. Appreciate his concern for the patient.

October 15, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Fine is absolutely the best physician and going to see him is something I look forward to! He's such a caring person and I have never trusted a physician more. I am so impressed that Advocate has a physician like Dr. Fine working for it because every other physician I've been to that works for a hospital network moves patients through their offices like a conveyor belt and doesn't have time to listen to their patients. In my view - having been to Mayo Clinic - Dr. Fine is as thorough as a Mayo Clinic physician, but with the warmest, most caring personality with the desire to truly get to the root cause of every symptom.

October 9, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Fine is very knowledgeable and respectful. I value his opinion.

October 1, 2018 7:00 PM

A good experience, always concerned. Put my mind at ease.

September 23, 2018 7:00 PM

Very helpful. Set up a daily/general program supposedly to be followed.

September 2, 2018 7:00 PM

This was my first time, I like very much dr. Fine. he was very professional, respectful and listened careful to my concerns

August 22, 2018 7:00 PM

His professionally detailed suggestions and illustrations greatly addressed my health issues! One negative comment that the doctor made about self-diagnosing my issues was very insensitive.

August 18, 2018 7:00 PM

Very good I was very happy with Dr. Fine great doctor.