Lori A. Walsh, MD

Specialty: Pediatrics

Your health and safety is our top priority. Get COVID-19 info, vaccine news and see our limited-visitor policy.

Schedule via LiveWell

Advocate Children's Medical Group

2551 Compass Drive

Glenview, IL 60026

Office: 847-729-6445

Fax: 847-729-9707

Meet Lori A. Walsh, MD

• General Pediatrics
  • 0 to 21 YearsAsthmaChronic Disease ManagementImmunizationsIntegrative MedicineMind Body MedicineNutritional CarePreventative MedicineSchool IssuesSleep IssuesStress Management

• University of Colorado
  • Children's Memorial Hospital
  • Children's Memorial Hospital
  • Northwestern University Medical School

• Pediatrics

• Advocate Children's Hospital - Park Ridge
  • Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital

Comments

July 8, 2020 11:36 AM

Dr. Walsh is AMAZING. I would recommend her to anyone. She is kind, empathetic and competent. We're always able to get in to see her easily.

July 6, 2020 6:19 AM

Dr. Walsh is a phenomenal pediatrician. She combines traditional medicine with suggestions to try some alternative types of medicine (i.e., tea, natural supp.) too. She is respectful and brilliant.

July 2, 2020 12:00 AM

I love Dr. Walsh & feel very comfortable with her. She's always on the cutting edge of research.

July 2, 2020 12:00 AM

Dr. Walsh provides thorough, thoughtful and comprehensive care. She is open to all ideas and provides great strategies.

June 20, 2020 2:00 AM

It was my sons first visit after being born. Dr Walsh addresses some questions I had, and informed me of future visits and goals. I was also happy to have lactation counseling which greatly helped my experience feeding at home.

June 20, 2020 2:00 AM

I appreciated safety protocol given the pandemic. front desk staff was very thorough and helpful in booking future appointments. office was clean, and timely with our visit. very happy with our experience so far and are excited to have our son grow with this practice.

February 21, 2020 11:40 AM

Dr. Walsh is great. Sometimes she repeats her speeches from visit to visit but we are very happy with her and love that she spends time in the office with our kids.

February 20, 2020 11:00 PM

Dr. Walsh consistently provides excellent care for my children. She is thorough, knowledgeable, an excellent listener and great problem solver. Her kind, calm demeanor is very helpful.

February 15, 2020 6:26 AM

we love Dr. Walsh!!! We are grateful for her care and concern.

December 27, 2019 11:00 PM

I love Dr. Walsh. I do think the receptionsits & staff could be more friendly. They are curt & dismissive on the phone & in person much of the time.

December 24, 2019 9:01 AM

We have consistently had a wonderful experience with Dr. Walsh. she is knowledgeable, kind, caring and easy to talk to. I appreciate her ability to think "outside the box".

October 24, 2019 7:00 PM

We love Dr. Walsh. She is so thorough, caring, insightful, informative and brings up the right topics at the right time. She really knows kids.

October 13, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Walsh did an excellent job listening to my concern and helped to create a clear health plan with my son. I appreciate that she asked us to come in and discuss his options together, she did a wonderful job working with us.

September 22, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Walsh is amazing. We feel so lucky to have her caring for our children.

July 29, 2019 7:00 PM

Always a good experience. Dr. Walsh does not prescribe X's meds - his psychiatrist does.

July 19, 2019 7:00 PM

Lori Walsh is an exceptional pediatrician. she is thorough, thoughtful, most uptodate on current literature and recommendations, and is able to connect as much to me as my children.

June 18, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Walsh is an exceptional pediatrician. She is caring, compassionate, knowledgeable, and uptodate on current evidence.

June 9, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Walsh is excellent, knowledgeable and friendly. She is our son's preferred doctor and we always try to make appointments with her whenever possible.

June 2, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Walsh was great and her staff is excellent. Dr. walsh took the time to talk to my kids and really understand how they are doing and ensure they are creating the right healthy behaviors as they grow older!

May 31, 2019 7:00 PM

very good

April 28, 2019 7:00 PM

Overall this was a great visit. The wait time was a bit long, especially since we arrived early for our appointment. I also did not feel like I was given tips for when to call the doctor if something were to change in my daughters care.

February 24, 2019 6:00 PM

We absolutely love Dr. Walsh.

February 16, 2019 6:00 PM

Since Advocate took over Glenbrook Pediatrics, the quality of the service/staff has gotten severely worse. We have been ignored, spoken to incredibly rudely by the new staff, had calls not returned by the new nursing staff, and have been unable to make appointments and were forced to go to NW urgent care.( where they did treat .is with respect) . The ONLY reason we have stayed with this office is Dr. Walsh, Dr. X, and ty he few remaining original staff from Glenbrook Pediatics otherwise we would have gone to NW a LONG time ago.

February 9, 2019 6:00 PM

Dr. Walsh is very knowledgeable and professional, she answers all my questions in detail.

Dr Walsh is amazing. she's been X's Doctor since birth. I love the attention to detail she pays at every visit.

January 18, 2019 6:00 PM

Dr Walsh is a fantastic, caring, smart, thoughtful pediatrician. She's great interacting with both kids and parents. Dr Walsh has a really good sense of when to wait and when to take action. We highly recommend her.

November 26, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr Walsh is a great doctor and provides quality care, but it took an hour before she even came into the exam room. For a baby's 4 month well visit, that's a long time to keep a 4 month old happy in an exam view just waiting. Then after Dr Walsh was done, it took another 30 min for the nurse to come back with the vaccines. I had to go into the hallway and ask someone if the vaccines were coming. Again, another long stretch of time to try to keep a 4 month old calm.

November 5, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. Walsh is an amazing provider. We love taking our kids to see (visit) this doctor for check-ups.

October 18, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Lori Walsh answered all my daughter's questions and provided her with the best information.

October 15, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Walsh is exceptional. Always uses plain speak and listens carefully. She is tremendous!

August 21, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Walsh is the very best pediatrician my children have ever had. This child is my youngest of 3 that have seen Dr. Walsh. She has such a wonderful way of talking to her patients. She is very thorough and realistic. She has shown more interest in care for my children than any other doctor we have seen.

August 19, 2018 7:00 PM

love Dr. Walsh. she always takes the time to talk about any concerns and really knows my son.

August 15, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Walsh is such a great doctor! The office had to reschedule with me 3 times because of her schedule but I was fine with it because she does a very thorough job.

August 12, 2018 7:00 PM

Prior to the appointment, I called the office and talked to a nurse to relay a message to Dr. Walsh. I wanted Dr. Walsh to talk to my child about a hard and difficult topic without my child knowing I contacted her. The nurse relayed the message and Dr. Walsh did a fabulous job raising the topic with my child. It's a great feeling to know that messages are taken seriously and not forgotten. Great job!

July 22, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Walsh is always a pleasure to see and we trust her to help us make the best decisions for our children's health!

July 19, 2018 7:00 PM

We love Dr. Walsh. We actually joined the practice because of her. Any time we see her we are reminded why we chose her. She's a great pediatrician.

July 4, 2018 7:00 PM

Very good

July 2, 2018 7:00 PM

Excellent! She is amazing!

July 2, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr Walsh is amazing. She has been caring for my daughters since birth and she is the best. We are so fortunate to have found her.

June 28, 2018 7:00 PM

We are extremely happy with Dr. Walsh and staff.

June 14, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Walsh is an amazing doctor. We look forward to seeing this doctor for our scheduled visits. Great bed side manner & always pays attention to your concerns & gives great advice.

June 9, 2018 7:00 PM

We are very happy with Dr. Walsh and our nurse during this visit is one of our favorite nurses in the practice - she is wonderful. My biggest complaint is that it has gotten rather difficult to get an appointment. so much so that my son's birthday was last October and we didn't come in until May. I prefer not to pull my children out of school for well visits and appointments outside of school hours are very difficult to come by

June 9, 2018 7:00 PM

dr. Walsh is great and our nurse at this visit is one of our favorite nurses in the practice. my biggest complaint is it has gotten very difficult to get an appointment for a well visit that is not during school hours and I prefer not to pull my kids out of school for well visits.

May 27, 2018 7:00 PM

my five year old son had 102 fever, sore throat and was vomiting... wewer escorted to a room by a nurse that never introduced herself to us and we waited for over and hour... during that period of time my son had vomited three times and his fever was climbing ... we ended up being seen by dr Walsh (our pediatrician is dr X) but it took over two hours and it was around 9:00pm by the time we left to try and get an antibiotic for strep that my son tested positive for... it was the first time in ten years that our family had ever had an unpleasant experience here.

April 18, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Walsh is outstanding. Beyond medical expertise she is so relatable to the kids. Always confident in her opinions.

March 5, 2018 6:00 PM

She is excellent, appears concerned and interested on my child's health. I feel confident on her expertise & care.

February 6, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. Walsh is an outstanding physician and has helped me tremendously. She has many skills which contribute to her ability to provide the best care.

January 15, 2018 6:00 PM

Our experience is great and always has been with Glenbrook Pediatrician's.

December 26, 2017 6:00 PM

Perfect visit. Unusually, quick waiting time in the waiting room and exam room. I loved that my doctor was able to send the prescription straight to our Walgreens. this way it was ready when we got there to pick it up.

December 22, 2017 6:00 PM

all good

COVID-19

Vaccine Update

We’re vaccinating anyone in Illinois and Wisconsin who’s 16 and older – whether you’re our patient or not – with the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines. We’ve paused use of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. See why.

#IGOTMINE