Linda A Vassmer, MD

Meet Linda A Vassmer, MD

• Residency: Lutheran General Hospital
  • Internship: Advocate Lutheran General Hospital
  • Medical School: Loyola University Stritch School Of Medicine

• Pediatrics

• Advocate Children's Hospital - Park Ridge

Comments

July 2, 2020 12:00 AM

Dr. Linda Vassmer is AWESOME. I had separate ped dr. for my kid, & now all see her. She is funny, patient, kind & shares info in way that is relatable. I just wish her schedule was more open!

March 17, 2020 11:36 AM

Good visit.

March 17, 2020 11:36 AM

Good experience.

February 22, 2020 9:46 AM

Dr.Vassmer has taken care of my children since they were babies.We love her and her team.Thank you!!!

December 23, 2019 1:59 PM

although I like Dr. Vassmer I waited over 50 min to be seen. when I asked at the nurses station they were extremely rude. I almost had to leave because if another appointment I had.

December 7, 2019 12:32 PM

Doctor is always in a rush during the visit. The wait in the waiting room is always at least 45 mins. We had 4 visits in the last month, and wait time was at least 90 min. at EVERY VISIT.

December 7, 2019 12:32 PM

It's always so rushed, we end up not asking some questions.

November 23, 2019 7:40 PM

provider seemed to talk but not ask if we had any questions. she did not look at the form we filled out and walked out without asking if we had questions.

November 23, 2019 7:40 PM

I wish we had a more thorough exam where we had our questions answered. this was frustrating because I felt we waited a long time for this appt.

October 28, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Vassmer is the best! Gives real advice & knows what she's talking about! Absolutely love her.

September 16, 2019 7:00 PM

I love our physician- but the routine office visit took over 2 hrs. it seems the office is not staffed appropriately.

September 11, 2019 7:00 PM

Linda Vassmer is a top physician. I have 4 children ages 16-23. She is the best doctor we have had. She takes time to listen & understand my child/children. She digs deep with her questions to find the source of a possible problem.

August 18, 2019 7:00 PM

Although, the actual appointment with the doctor went well, the experience with the waiting room and nurse was not great. We waited 1 hour and 5 minutes in the waiting room. At no time we we told that the doctor was running behind. I asked the front desk after waiting 25 minutes, then they told me the doctor was 20-30 minutes behind schedule. I did not ask for another update but we were called in 1 hour and 5 minutes after our appointment time. The nurse came to get us and mentioned nothing about being late or even an apology. I asked her why they were so behind and she got very defensive towards me. She said that they take all patients when they are late which causes the back-up. But all over the doctors office are notices that if you are 7 minutes late to your appointment there is a penalty - obviously this is not being put into place. Unfortunately this is not the first time that appointment times have been delayed with this office. This happened to be the worse at 1 hour and 5 minutes. Typically we wait 30-45 minutes to see a provider here.

August 4, 2019 7:00 PM

Love Dr. V.!

July 2, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Linda Vassmer has been our pediatrician for the past 15 years! We love her!!

April 28, 2019 7:00 PM

We were glad to get in and talk about our son's two small problems. and get answers and are relievednow knowing that it is all under control

February 6, 2019 6:00 PM

Had a newborn and will be using the same pediatrician. We adore our lovely Dr. Linda Vassmer!!

November 26, 2018 6:00 PM

Everything went well.

October 9, 2018 7:00 PM

Feels like it's a family member who cares and tries to help best they can.

September 18, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Vassmer is awesome!

September 3, 2018 7:00 PM

Historically, I liked Dr. Vassmer -- until this visit. She spent the entire appointment telling me what I did wrong as a parent, and, even more upsetting, she scared my daughter who cried during the entire appointment. When my daughter refused to tell the doctor what was bothering her, Dr. Vassmer told me in front of the girl that my daughter needed psychological help. This, coming from a doctor who doesn't even know my daughter. Vassmer said 10 year old kids don't care about their grades the way my daughter does, and that she needs emotional help. I don't know why this physician thinks she is also a psychologist. All kids have problems, and my daughter happens to care about her grades.

September 3, 2018 7:00 PM

very professional and nice

August 20, 2018 7:00 PM

This doctor was lecturing me about my mental health and my relationship with my wife and giving me advice on what we need to work on. I've never been so disrespected by a doctor. I had several questions that were never answered, and she never asked, if we had questions. She argued with me a few times about "good and bad" words to use around kids. What does this have anything to do with a yearly physical? At one point I told her that I would like to keep my mental health records between me and my therapist since she was becoming very outspoken on how to raise kids. I did not come to this office for a parental lesson or mental health screening. It was for a physical for our 2 boys that we've committed to since Dr. X left. I've shared this story with multiple friends and family that all agree that this was a horrible way to treat a patient's parent and we will be moving on to another practice. Because of her actions and disrespect, I now have to schedule another appointment elsewhere since I have unanswered questions that she failed to listen to. At the end of the appointment she stood up and left the room without any communication of what she was doing, another then arguing with me about state mandated shots that she was incorrect on.

August 12, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Vassmer has always been an amazing doctor to our children. We just moved out of state and we know she will be hard to replace!

July 15, 2018 7:00 PM

Not always timely but also we never feel rushed.

July 10, 2018 7:00 PM

We've been seeing Dr. Vassmer for the past 16 yrs. She's great! Love her personality and approach my daughter is comfortable with her.

July 9, 2018 7:00 PM

we had a wonderful visit, I loved that the Doctor took such an interest in my son. She gave me some really good advice. She amazed me as to how smart and spot on she was about my child's behavior only meeting him for the first time.

June 11, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Vassmer has been my child's doctor since he was born. She has always been completely professional, thorough, kind and careful. She always takes a conservative approach, leaving nothing unaddressed, which I deeply appreciate.

May 17, 2018 7:00 PM

Doctor is great! Phone appointments/emergency needs are AWFUL. The only reason we haven't changed to another provider is because the doctor is good and has cared for both of my kids since birth.

April 15, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Vassmer checked my 2.5-yr-old daughter's throat by laying her on the table and squeezing her stomach until she started crying in pain. I explained to her that she did not need to do that and she said she likes to "keep it moving." She rushed through the exam and did not address the child directly even once. In my opinion, she should not be working with children. She gave a referral to an ENT doctor who was on medical leave, and she did not give correct information as to the referral process. We were considering switching to Lutheran as it is closer and more convenient, but after this horrible experience we have chosen to stay with our current provider.

March 12, 2018 7:00 PM

my provider was sent medical records and didn't review before appt and appt was scheduled as a well visit when it should have been a longer first time visit as my kids and I just moved here. I didn't feel like she knew anything about us and having lost a child, sent medical records ahead of time and being pregnant again I felt she should have been more helpful.

March 11, 2018 7:00 PM

She is a wonderful doctor. She truly cares for all 3 of my children, that's why she's been their pediatrician since the were born. My children prefer to wait to see her personally. Thank you Dr Vassmer for caring so much about your patients! We are teuly grateful!

January 11, 2018 6:00 PM

love the doctors eapecially Dr. Vassmeer as a new mom she always reassures me. we have bern seeing her for now four years and she always has great advice to deal witht the different stages my daughter goes through.

January 10, 2018 6:00 PM

I have never been spoken like this by a doctor ever! The tone & attitude of the doctor was such like I was OVER reacting to him being sick.

December 27, 2017 6:00 PM

Dr. Vassmer is amazing. She always makes me feel like my child is her only patient. She never rushes us. Dr. Vassmer always listens to my concerns and never makes me feel incompetent. She always speaks clearly and makes sure we understand. Dr. Vassmer is the best doctor I've experienced for myself, and children. I wish more doctors were like Dr. Vassmer.

November 19, 2017 6:00 PM

The physician told me that if I don't want my baby to get vaccinated, then she can't go to her facility anymore - She turned me away all because I refused to have my baby vaccinated. Which is a very stupid policy!! Ridiculous.

October 28, 2017 7:00 PM

First experience with Dr. Vassmer and she was great! Very informative and compassionate!

October 23, 2017 7:00 PM

The provider is very kid friendly and very knowledgeable.