Kenneth H Gong, MD

Specialty: Family Medicine

Use our symptom checker if you think you’ve been exposed to COVID-19 or have symptoms. Stay up to date with our Resource Center.

To keep everyone safe, our guidelines limit the number of visitors at our locations. Find guidelines to help plan your visit.

Schedule via MyAdvocateAurora

Advocate Medical Group

4600 North Ravenswood Avenue

Second Floor

Chicago, IL 60640

Office: 773-561-7500

Fax: 773-561-7612

Meet Kenneth H Gong, MD

• Residency: Rush Presbyterian St. Luke's Medical Center
  • Medical School: Rush Medical College

• Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center

Comments

July 27, 2020 9:18 PM

Dr. Gong is the best.

July 20, 2020 9:22 PM

he's a great provider.

June 6, 2020 10:21 AM

Great doctor, great experience every time.

June 6, 2020 10:21 AM

Doctor Gong is always very helpful and knowledgeable. Our last visit went very smoothly he gave me a referral for an issue I was having and even answered a question from my wife. overall great experience.

May 18, 2020 10:03 AM

I can call him anytime when needed he always there for me Thanks Dr Gong

May 18, 2020 10:03 AM

he is the best doctor and I trust him to help me make good decision and tell me the truth.

March 31, 2020 6:23 AM

Dr. Gong and his nurse are great to work with and have a wonderful attitude. I feel I'm in good hands.

March 17, 2020 11:49 AM

My wife and I have been patients of Dr. Gong for many years and have always had a positive experience!

March 17, 2020 10:41 AM

Dr. Gong is excellent. I've been with him for decades, recommend him to others.

March 10, 2020 12:25 PM

My only criticism is that the recent referral for PT took a bit long to be generated. Also it would be good to have a P.T. located in the Near North suburbs vs. the city.

March 3, 2020 6:42 AM

good

January 25, 2020 3:37 AM

Dr. Gong is awesome, he hleped me feel comfort and assited me with a procedure I had at Northwestern H.

January 24, 2020 11:00 PM

Good experience overall.

January 24, 2020 11:00 PM

This was an annual routine check up. Dr. Gong is thorough and patient about most things you share.

January 21, 2020 8:19 AM

Overall a great visit! Dr. Gong is the best doctor I've seen at this office. He is very friendly, understanding, honest, and helpful. Everything from the check-in to check-out process and blood work was streamlined and quick, but not rushed. A well oiled machine!

December 27, 2019 8:32 AM

Good experience.

December 27, 2019 8:32 AM

Visit was good had my 1st PAP smear with Dr. Gong. Have been seeing him for years now! Very friendly guy I like him a lot - Pap smear was comfortable.

December 9, 2019 8:10 PM

Dr Gong is always willing to listen to my concerns and complaints. When ever I need to see him about health issues or personal concerns he's always willing to listen.

December 9, 2019 8:10 PM

I've known Dr Gong for maybe 20yrs years and he's a caring, and compassionate doctor who always puts his patients first. Whenever there is something he can't quite understand about a medical issue he will find the proper answers from the proper doctor. He cares about whatever is going on with me. I'm proud to call him my friend.

December 5, 2019 3:01 PM

Dr. Gong is fantastic communicator and I really feel comfortable with him as my primary dr.

December 4, 2019 7:10 AM

My main concern is length of time for appointment.

December 4, 2019 7:10 AM

Dr. Gong has been my dr. a long time. He is great - goes above and beyond for his patients. Very caring man.

December 2, 2019 2:34 PM

Always a great experience seeing Dr. Gong. He listens to and spends time with me. I'm very comfortable with him as my health care provider.

December 2, 2019 2:34 PM

Dr. Gong is attentive, professional yet personable.

November 17, 2019 11:00 PM

My experience @ Ravenwood Family Practice are always excellent. It's a great office.

November 17, 2019 11:00 PM

Dr. Gong is an excellent doctor. He's also a caring engaged person. We had a thorough, informative visit.

November 11, 2019 8:19 AM

Dr. Gong is always professional & explains things. The reception and medical staff are also kind and very efficient.

October 6, 2019 7:00 PM

We love Dr. Gong. He has been an exceptional pediatrician and we look forward to having him as our son's healthcare provider.

September 26, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Kenneth H. Gong is very thorough and took his time with my son. He is very informative and helpful when it comes to giving medical advice.

September 26, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Gong has always been professional, courteous and honest w/me. I trust his console and I know he has my best interest in mind. He explains things in a way that are very easy to understand.

September 15, 2019 7:00 PM

I had a positive experience as usual. He spent a lot of time and care with me last Friday.

August 12, 2019 7:00 PM

excelente service

July 14, 2019 7:00 PM

All staff and doctors at Advocate are consistently the best!

July 10, 2019 7:00 PM

He is an excellent doctor he knows his job very well _____ hears you out before talking back.

July 3, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr Gong always spends a lot of time with me. He communicates the results of blood tests and other tests very quickly.

June 25, 2019 7:00 PM

When Dr. Gong orders tests, I appreciate that he personally calls regarding the results, rather than another staff member.

May 14, 2019 7:00 PM

Always on target.

April 28, 2019 7:00 PM

He tries to do what is best for me.

April 1, 2019 7:00 PM

I only made an appointment for a general check up/physical. I am having a few issues with my right arm and asked about that, but the Provider made it clear that he would have to "charge" me additional if he had to talk about that with me. I have not seen a doctor in a long time for anything, but I wasn't expecting the tone in which this comment was made (not rude or abrupt but not welcoming). I was nervous and happy to finally see a Provider, but I didn't feel comfortable with that comment. I would have preferred, if he would have said, "let's set up a time so we can check that", instead he made it clear that it would be an additional charge - which would have not been an issue for me since my insurance would have covered.

March 27, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Gong was very friendly and personable. He asked me questions and seemed very concerned. He expedited a referral to a cardiologist.

February 26, 2019 6:00 PM

The visit went very good.

February 13, 2019 6:00 PM

Dr. Gong is thorough and always great to talk to. He is always easy to understand and always answers all my questions.

February 10, 2019 6:00 PM

very good

February 7, 2019 6:00 PM

The dr. showed me much interest for the development of my son I am very satisfied with his work.

I like the way he explains to me, very clearly and understandable.

Overall, an excellent experience.

A student followed Dr. Gong that day. Prior to the entrance of the student into my room, the nurse told me "Dr. Gong has a student with him today. You don't have an issue with that, right?" Immediately, I felt pressured to say "No, that's fine." Dr. Gong should have asked me again, personally. I regret my decision allowing the student to observe because the student ended up performing the entire visit, checking in about extremely personal information that I was not comfortable with. Dr. Gong came in the last few minutes of the visit. Also, I could hear the two of them talking about me from outside the door, saying "should we see so-and-so next, or the HIV patient?" I am the HIV patient. This made me feel that there was a lack of confidentiality and courteousness surrounding the behavior between the student and Dr. Gong, and made me feel extremely uncomfortable, and singled out like a data specimen or a statistic, instead of a human or patient.

Dr. Gong is great. He listens and remembers details of my health history whether or not he actually remembers every patient or it's because he reads my file notes before coming in, I don't really care. At least he bothers to know and seems to actually care. Even his calls are caring.

January 19, 2019 6:00 PM

They were implementing a new computer system and were backed up a bit in appointments. They were good about explaining the delay of less than a half hour.

November 29, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. Gong and the family practice Ravenswood staff are always kind, courteous, and helpful with meeting my healthcare needs.

November 26, 2018 6:00 PM

We love Dr. Gong! And X in reception is always awesome & helpful.

November 24, 2018 6:00 PM

excellent

November 7, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. Gong has been my doctor for many years. He's excellent.

November 2, 2018 7:00 PM

Thumb-up

October 22, 2018 7:00 PM

Felt like I was talking to a salesman not a Dr.

October 19, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Kenneth Gong was a totally Awesome Doctor! Made me feel comfortable, very Happy which rubs off on me! Haven't had a Doctor like him in year's and he personally called me with results of tests! I got sick with a breathing problem he made an appt and saw me the same day! And the next day he personally called to check on me? I love this Doctor he's Awesome!

October 1, 2018 7:00 PM

Very caring, friendly, and professional. He solved my problem.

September 23, 2018 7:00 PM

I am totally happy with Dr Gong and the entire office.

September 13, 2018 7:00 PM

X and I have been part of this practice since August 28, 2009. The best doctors!!!

September 9, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Gong is terrific. smart, well-informed, and amiable.

September 5, 2018 7:00 PM

I love my provider and I would recommend this provider to family & friend. He is the best.

August 18, 2018 7:00 PM

awesome

August 6, 2018 7:00 PM

awesome

July 29, 2018 7:00 PM

I enjoy my visits with Dr. Gong. He is thorough and addresses my concerns. He is accommodating of any referrals I need.

July 8, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr Gong is fantastic! He engaged in every step of our visit!

July 8, 2018 7:00 PM

Baby has stranger and separation anxiety with the entire staff so it is hard for to tell if the child likes the staff. My experience was not bad at all.

July 6, 2018 7:00 PM

All went well any questions wee answered.

July 1, 2018 7:00 PM

Very caring Provider

June 27, 2018 7:00 PM

Thank you for always taking the time to answer my questions!

June 25, 2018 7:00 PM

He listened very well and was kind and informative. I thanked him for listening and taking time with me, because I don't usually experience that.

June 12, 2018 7:00 PM

My wife and I have been seeing Dr. Gong for several years and have always received excellent care.

June 7, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Gong I have see him the last 10 years and I concern him a family doctor. When I even he send me to get a blood test always call me right of way for the result.

May 7, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr Gong was wonderful. I was coming in after several months of being uninsured and I had quite a lot of ground to cover. Dr Gong was so patient, thorough and kind.

April 29, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Gong was fantastic! He listened, evaluated and followed-up personally. He's very impressive and an asset to the clinic.

April 18, 2018 7:00 PM

Great dr. Highly rec.

April 18, 2018 7:00 PM

Great experience! Love Dr. Gong!

March 20, 2018 7:00 PM

very good!!!

March 14, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Gong was great! He spent a lot of time with me and really listen to me. It was my first visit with him and I feel that he really took the time to get to know me and my health issues.

March 12, 2018 7:00 PM

This was the first time we saw Dr. Gong. He was fantastic, and I would definitely bring my son back to him if needed

February 25, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. Gong did an excellent job.

February 16, 2018 6:00 PM

He is very good and kind

February 7, 2018 6:00 PM

very good visit, Doctor addressed my medical concerns

January 10, 2018 6:00 PM

He is a great doctor. He seems like he truly cares and he remembers, he goes above and beyond, answering questions.

December 24, 2017 6:00 PM

Dr Gong is always friendly and listens to me regarding any concerns or questions I may have.

December 3, 2017 6:00 PM

For a walk-in appointment, I was very pleased by how swiftly I was able to be seen by a Doctor. Maybe I got lucky and there were not many walk-ins before me, maybe Advocate does a great job. I felt Dr. Gong was very personable and attentive to my needs, and made me feel better about what was going on with my eyesight. I did not feel rushed at all during my exam, which was wonderful. Some offices, you can the tell the Doctor wants to be done with you FAST, so they can move on to the next patient.

November 27, 2017 6:00 PM

I have worked with Dr Gong for YEARS and look forward to seeing him whenever I am in the office. We have a healthy relationship where we can both bring up tough stuff. Dr Gong is super understanding when I bring him questions and I think that he values that I am not a "WebMD" kind of patient. I value his listening to me, and that we always seem to have a decent laugh with each visit. I really appreciate how thorough he is about what medications and OTC anything I am taking at each visit and is very supportive in assisting with referrals for specialists.

November 18, 2017 6:00 PM

Everything went smoothly. Very nice.

October 22, 2017 7:00 PM

wait times are better than they used to be. Dr Gong is excellent.

Safe Care promise