Kathleen Anna Chmiel, DO

Specialty: Family Medicine

Your health and safety is our top priority. Get COVID-19 info, vaccine news and see our limited-visitor policy.

Schedule via LiveWell

Advocate Medical Group

77 Rand Road

Des Plaines, IL 60016

Office: 847-298-0310

Fax: 847-298-5939

Meet Kathleen Anna Chmiel, DO

• Family Medicine - Adventist Hinsdale Hospital, Family Medicine
  • Midwestern University Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine

Comments

July 27, 2020 9:27 PM

It was an OK visit. It was first time with her. Seeing if she would work out better than the last one I seen. I was expecting a longer visit to get some basics out of the way. I think I spent more time with the nurse. I haven't been happy since my last doc left. I just might not be compatible with that office anymore.

July 13, 2020 6:30 PM

I had no problems and the visit was fine. she is very accommodating to anything that was necessary.

July 12, 2020 8:33 AM

This was my first appointment with Dr Chmiel. I had been to the ER for stitches and was advised to see my primary care dr in 2 days. He wasn't available. I was given an appointment with Dr Chmiel. I was very pleased and will request her again.

July 7, 2020 11:24 AM

I change clinic from Nesset Pabillion to the outpatient health care in Rand toad. very professionals receptionist, nurses and good quality and knowledgeable physician Dr Chimel Cathy.

July 7, 2020 11:24 AM

great experience

July 7, 2020 7:18 AM

I got all the help I needed.

July 7, 2020 7:18 AM

No bad experience. All was good.

May 28, 2020 1:27 PM

Good experience seems like a genuine caring dr. This is my 1st experience with this dr.

May 18, 2020 3:21 PM

Very good Video chat. Appreciated the fast response.

May 11, 2020 1:51 PM

Dr Chmiel is the best!

May 2, 2020 5:57 AM

Not my usual doc, but very efficient. I would recommend her to others. She ordered an EKG, then recommended a stress test for me

May 2, 2020 5:57 AM

Good experience

March 23, 2020 7:41 PM

She gave me exercises to do which have been helpful.

March 22, 2020 3:20 PM

Very good experience, talked about my Eye specialist also.

March 21, 2020 10:05 AM

They were prompt and efficient and examined me and explained my problem and gave me a list of things to use without any prescriptions.

March 21, 2020 10:05 AM

Good experience.

March 9, 2020 3:35 PM

Provider did the minimum required, if that. The whole visit with the main doctor was possibly less than 10 minutes and most of it was her asking a list of questions on her computer and filling out my answers.

February 29, 2020 10:29 AM

good listener & easy to talk to & understand

February 15, 2020 11:36 AM

My main concern is that Dr. Chmiel did not have the proper password to see my past medical records. I have been with advocate medical for over 20 years. I was frustrated that she was depending on my to give her my history. The doc had very little background or the ability to access my history I was disappointed and concerned at the same time.

February 1, 2020 3:26 PM

All the staff was polite and professional - although my medical records did not get to my new doctor in time for my appointment, I feel that I still had a good visit. She answered all my questions and I left completely satisfied with my visit.

January 30, 2020 8:26 AM

I have great respect & trust in Dr. Chmiel. I am so glad she is my doctor.

January 30, 2020 8:26 AM

Great experience. Front desk staff and nurses were all very helpful & respectful.

January 28, 2020 8:50 AM

Since this was my first visit with this provider (previous Dr. retired), I was a bit surprised that no routine tests were done (blood, urine, etc.) and that the overall physical checks were very limited.

January 27, 2020 8:31 PM

I really like Dr. Chmeil. Her nurse is also courteous and repectful.

January 27, 2020 8:25 PM

Dr. Chmeil is couteous and concerned about my well being.

January 27, 2020 1:46 PM

This was my first visit with Dr. Chmiel as I was looking for a new primary physician. I absolutely love her! I have had awful luck in the past with my doctors leaving locations and I am hoping Dr. Chmiel stays! she is wonderful!

January 27, 2020 1:42 PM

Dr Chmiel is very good to meet with. She is easy to talk to & is very thorough.

January 27, 2020 1:42 PM

the visit was as always a very positive experience.

January 20, 2020 6:19 PM

love this doctor, she cares and listened.

January 20, 2020 6:19 PM

love this doctor. very pleasant and understood my concern and listened to all my concerns. I want her for my primary care.

January 19, 2020 4:02 PM

Perfect

January 18, 2020 2:10 PM

Didn't have to wait long, and her nurse was very sweet and attentive.

January 18, 2020 2:10 PM

Dr. Chmiel was very nice and very helpful with my problem.

January 15, 2020 5:57 PM

Dr. Chmiel was very easy to talk to! She seemed to take the next step in taking care of me, in that she made sure to contact a specialist about on of my health concerns when she wasn't sure of the answer, which was very kind of her. She also made sure to follow up with me with some treatments as well!

December 30, 2019 3:04 PM

Dr Chmiel was very kind, thorough, and helpful. I had something going on with my inner ear which had given me vertigo for a week. She made sure there weren't any underlying issues that were more serious, showed me a move to help with my inner ear disturbance, gave me a referral for a physical therapist and offered a prescription for meclizine. I went home and did a few nasal/sinus rinses with distilled water & saline (using NeilMed squeeze bottle -- better to stay upright than use a neti pot). After a couple gentle rinses, a deep blockage affecting my left ear cleared, and my vertigo dramatically subsided. Haven't had an issue since, so I'm going to add a nasal rinsing to my daily routine. The doctor's appointment triggered a memory of when I was in the Peace Corps in Thailand... I was diagnosed with Menire's Syndrome but it turned out to be deep, deep, non-presenting sinusitis (raging, with drainage down the back of my throat), diagnosed correctly later.

December 30, 2019 3:04 PM

Pleasant enough visit, glad to have ruled out anything more serious. Had to figure out what I needed to do on my own, though, to address the problem effectively.

December 27, 2019 10:30 AM

Very good experience.

December 16, 2019 5:30 PM

very good and caring doctor

December 16, 2019 5:30 PM

Appointment went well with little wait time and scheduled new appointment for routine physical Asked for three referrals and should be in process

December 16, 2019 2:02 PM

just fine. spent very little time with me, even though I was seeing post ER for a specialist referral. I would have imagined more discussion about what caused my ER visit and my overall health. she said she had my info from 8 months ago for physical, but that the hilarious part about that is that no one talked to me about that the first time around. that's why I picked a different office from my first visit, because I never got a call from that office to talk about my results. so now, I've seen a doc twice and was in ER and have yet to have a convo with a doc. I'm a clinical psychologist and I get that there is a difference between our worlds in terms of interpersonal skills, but the difference is so great that it feels like the health care industry is a joke. get you in and out, barely talk to you, look right through you. Also, I'm still waiting on the referral to the specialist that I was told I'd get by now. Also, when there are interns, please tell your docs to introduce them. It is basic courtesy.

December 11, 2019 8:46 AM

Excellent care!!! Loved my doctor and nursing assistant . Thank you

November 27, 2019 9:45 AM

This doc is now my new PCP. First visit she was kind, thorough, respectful and someone I hope stays so I can build a solid patient/doc. relationship.

November 27, 2019 9:45 AM

The phone system isn't good; this office needs more check-in staff.

November 27, 2019 6:32 AM

Excellent.

November 27, 2019 6:32 AM

Good experience.

November 25, 2019 2:26 PM

Very good

November 23, 2019 10:29 PM

Dr.. Chmiel was very caring, answer all my questions and follow up the appointment with the phone call. It was my first appointment with this doctor and I was pleased with doctor help so I definitely use Dr. Chmiel in the future and recommend her to others

November 22, 2019 11:57 AM

Dr. Chmiel is a very sensitive and caring physician - Very thorough, listens well & takes time needed with me. Although young & less experienced, she is d_____ good in my opinion.

November 22, 2019 8:48 AM

The best provider ever!

November 22, 2019 8:36 AM

I am happy to have Dr. Chmiel as my new doctor! I had problems with pain in my left leg and was able to get a same day appointment on Oct. 25th.

November 22, 2019 8:06 AM

I liked Dr. Chmiel and want her to be my regular doctor.

November 18, 2019 11:00 PM

Dr. Chmiel makes you feel at ease and answers all the questions you ask.

November 14, 2019 11:00 PM

Overall good experience.

November 11, 2019 1:22 PM

Great. She is very approachable and asks good questions. i'm glad I found her.

October 27, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr Kathleen was very friendly & interested in my staying on track with my keeping up my health. She made suggestions about certain vitamins, such as D3 & Iron. She was glad to hear I cut out my wine intake as well.

October 23, 2019 7:00 PM

The provider was helpful, understanding & compassionate.

October 22, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. K Chmiel is a very caring doctor , she go out of her way to help people in need like myself

October 21, 2019 7:00 PM

I liked Dr. Chmiel! Would like to switch to her as my Primary Care Physician! Very helpful and took time to talk to me.

October 15, 2019 7:00 PM

The doctor was fine but I felt there was no closure to this visit. It was not helpful.

October 15, 2019 7:00 PM

This was my first visit with Dr. Chmiel. My previous doctor moved away. Dr. Chmiel was very friendly and caring. She really listened to my concerns and spent as much time with me as I needed.

September 22, 2019 7:00 PM

I just moved to Chicago land area and needed a local doctor. The clinic is very close to my house. Since I was a new patient it took a few weeks to get in, but worth the wait!

September 12, 2019 7:00 PM

This was my first visit with this doctor as my other doctor left the practice. Was very pleased with Dr. Chmiel.

September 11, 2019 7:00 PM

Very friendly, easy to talk to, answered all my questions.

September 5, 2019 7:00 PM

Very helpful.

September 2, 2019 7:00 PM

I saw this provider for a check-up, it was quick and efficient and I was able to receive the blood tests I needed.

August 19, 2019 7:00 PM

I was seen very quickly which was unusual in my experience. I did not care for the nurse that took my vitals; she gave me negative feedback.

August 16, 2019 7:00 PM

very pleasant first meeting.

August 11, 2019 7:00 PM

Helpful,good treat & Expelation .

August 6, 2019 7:00 PM

Very pleasant to deal with. Listened carefully.

August 4, 2019 7:00 PM

She was kind and attentive to my needs.

August 2, 2019 7:00 PM

This was my first visit to this doctor. I was pleased with her knowledge, enthusiasm, and friendliness.

July 31, 2019 7:00 PM

It was very pleasant, Dr. R. Chmiel spend good amount of time with me.

July 28, 2019 7:00 PM

Overall, an excellent experience. I would recommend a path to share work related physicals and blood work. I recently had a full health screening completed by my employer. The doctor asked if I could send those results to compare my current blood work with the work completed at my employer. after talking with reception, I have no means to send this information (currently PDF on my computer) other than printing it and dropping it off or faxing it over. Both options are archaic.

July 16, 2019 7:00 PM

I was very happy with Dr. Kathleen Chmiel. I am 82 years old and she helped me and explained everything to me.

July 7, 2019 7:00 PM

The provider was excellent. However the medical assistant was NOT friendly or caring at all. Took my blood and left the room...without a word. Not sure I could leave, but she certainly didn't bother to let me know...

July 5, 2019 7:00 PM

I transferred my health care from Nesset Center and am pleased with everything and everyone at the facility

June 16, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr Chmeil is new to me and I had a very positive experience with my physical.

June 16, 2019 7:00 PM

This is the first time I met with Dr. Chmiel so it is too soon to give a full assessment, but she seemed fine and capable.

June 6, 2019 7:00 PM

Terrible experience! Will not see her again!

May 31, 2019 7:00 PM

don't be an alarmist ... wait until you have more information before throwing out the word cancer

May 22, 2019 7:00 PM

Although not my regular doctor, I was pleased with the doctor's knowledge of my past medical history and the doctors thoroughness overall.

May 16, 2019 7:00 PM

First time I met this doctor for an immediate problem - Hives. She was great & very thorough.

COVID-19

Vaccine Update

We’re vaccinating anyone in Illinois and Wisconsin who’s 16 and older – whether you’re our patient or not – with the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines. We’ve paused use of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. See why.

#IGOTMINE