Julie R. Favia, MD

Specialty: Obstetrics & Gynecology

Your health and safety is our top priority. Get COVID-19 info, vaccine news and see our no-visitor policy.

Julie R. Favia, MD

Specialty: Obstetrics & Gynecology

Schedule via MyAdvocateAurora

525 East Congress Parkway

Crystal Lake, IL 60014

Office: 847-381-8181

Fax: 847-381-6372

27790 West Highway 22

Barrington, IL 60010

Office: 847-381-8181

Fax: 847-381-6372

Meet Julie R. Favia, MD

• Residency: Obstetrics & Gynecology - Riverside Methodist Hospitals, Obstetrics & Gynecology
  • Medical School: Loyola University, Stritch School Of Medicine

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital

Comments

July 29, 2020 8:49 AM

Dr Favia has been my OBGYN since I was 12. I am now 29. I will continue to see her for the rest of my life. Regardless of where I am at (state wise). Dr Favia is the best!!! So compassionate-knowledgeable and non-judgmental. I consider her part of my "health care fam" due to my medical history. Dr Favia- don't you go anywhere!!

July 29, 2020 8:49 AM

Always great experiences. There was one bad experience in the barrington location. She was pulled away for a delivery (yay baby born!) which was clearly not her fault; although, the staff just let me sit in the exam room NAKED for TWO HOURS. Granted I did have a "gown" on but I felt extremely uncomfortable-not to mention my feet were going numb from just dangling for 2 hours while waiting. Finally a tech came in and said "maybe we should just reschedule" (DUHHH ya think?). Lets just say I wont be going back to the Barrington office. Crystal lake office is GREAT!

July 28, 2020 2:11 PM

This was the first time I have seen Dr. Julie Favia, I was looking for a new doctor in this field and she fit the bill exactly. She was kind, knowledgeable and listened to my concerns. She really impressed me.

July 27, 2020 2:28 PM

Very good visit. First time to this provider.

July 27, 2020 11:45 AM

Great experience, Dr. Favia is very through. I wish she was my doctor when I was pregnant.

July 26, 2020 2:42 PM

Dr. Favia is awesome. She listens to me, talks through any issues I bring up, and is always willing to spend the time needed. I would highly recommend her to friends and family.

July 8, 2020 11:32 AM

Dr. Favia is a phenomenal OB/GYN and made my first pregnancy and labor/delivery stress free, especially during a worldwide pandemic. Thank you, Dr. Favia!

June 12, 2020 12:00 AM

ALL personnel were very efficient, made me comfortable. We all wore our face coverings, my temp was taken so I felt secure about precautions for virus transmission, etc.

May 23, 2020 8:51 AM

Dr. Favia is always helpful with my questions and has a great bedside manner. I never feel rushed and she never makes me feel like any of my questions are not important.

May 22, 2020 11:01 AM

Dr. Favia delivered my child a year ago. I'm now in my second pregnancy and had moved out of the area. I switched doctors because I know live in Elgin. However, I was feeling uneasy with the new doctor. Dr. Favia was willing to see me again already halfway through my pregnancy. She reassured me regarding concerns I have about delivery. She is wonderful! Very empathetic, courteous, and respectful.

May 22, 2020 12:00 AM

This was the most pleasant experience at a doctor's office I've ever had. Nurses and doctors took care not to cause discomfort throughout each procedure and seemed to genuinely care about my well-being.

May 4, 2020 11:18 AM

Dr. Favia is very educated and has great bedside manners. It is the #1 reason I've returned to her practice.

April 22, 2020 8:01 AM

First time with this provider. My previous OB retired. She was great. Spent a lot of time and gave good advice. Will definitely continue with her.

April 22, 2020 8:01 AM

Long wait to start visit. They were having systems issues - Epic?

April 12, 2020 12:23 PM

very good bedside manner

April 12, 2020 12:23 PM

loved her she is a great listener and respected my questions and concerns

April 9, 2020 4:45 AM

The time spent waiting in the waiting room and in the exam room was way TOO much.

April 6, 2020 1:43 PM

Dr. Favia is a first rate doctor and treats me with great skill, courtesy and compassion and this visit was no different.

March 4, 2020 11:55 AM

good, I liked the doctor

March 2, 2020 6:54 AM

Dr. Favia was great! I was worried to switch providers as I have been a patient with Dr. X, but Dr. Favia made the transition smooth.

February 27, 2020 12:58 PM

This was my first visit with Dr. Favia (after Dr. X retired). Dr. Favia was excellent. I was more than pleased with her knowledge, bedside manner etc. She is exceptional, and I look forward to recommending her to friends.

February 27, 2020 12:58 PM

Both Dr. Favia & the nurse I had during my office visit were excellent. I am very pleased w/my transition to a new doctor (Dr. Favia) after many years w/Dr. X.

February 18, 2020 2:32 PM

Dr. Favia is amazing. she makes me feel comfortable & always explains everything in terms I can understand.

February 17, 2020 6:48 PM

Dr Favia has a wonderful caring demeanor. I would highly recommend her. The office ladies were very cheerful. In my opinion, the physical shape of the office was very poor as described above.

February 16, 2020 6:34 PM

Very good bedside manner. I felt comfortable discussing my concerns and answered all my questions.

February 16, 2020 6:34 PM

Doctor made sure I had everything I needed before leaving office.

February 13, 2020 11:49 AM

I use mostly Mercy Health Care drs. I don't care that health care group Dr. Favia is with, I will go to her. She's that good. She's kind, knowledgeable, and listens very well.

February 8, 2020 6:49 AM

Dr. Julie Favia was recommended to me by my friend and I couldn't be happier with the choice I made coming to see her.

February 8, 2020 6:49 AM

There were ONLY GOOD experiences!! She was very caring, gave me lots of time to carefully listened to me about my concerns with aging process, gave me lots of information. Made me feel extremely comfortable! Best doctor EVER!

January 27, 2020 2:35 PM

I really like going to Dr Favia. She is a really great Dr, but her staff frustrates me.

January 13, 2020 9:23 AM

Dr. Julie Favia is an amazing doctor. She makes me feel confident with my health and knowledge during each visit. There is no one else I would trust.

December 27, 2019 7:54 AM

I love Dr. Favia and look forward to my next routine exam at her Crystal Lake office!

December 27, 2019 7:54 AM

She is in such high demand that we usually wait 6 months to get in to see her!

December 17, 2019 9:38 AM

This is what I wrote in the comments: Dr. Favia was pleasant, professional, knowledgeable and took an appropriate amount of time with me to answer my questions. I appreciated that she wrote down some info. for a product to purchase which I had requested. She gave me adequate time, yet was trying to be on schedule. I appreciate having a quality doctor!!

December 17, 2019 9:38 AM

December 14, 2019 9:21 AM

I absolutely love Julie Favia, MD. I was recommended to her from a friend and will recommend her to anyone I meet. She is one of the best providers I've ever had.

December 14, 2019 9:21 AM

The front desk staff at this location is not up to par. I've had multiple instances where the front desk personnel was rude, not understanding over the phone and unaccommodating. I feel as if I have to push my way into the front desk into listening to me over the phone. it's very frustrating.

December 10, 2019 2:22 PM

Dr. Favia is very personable and easy to talk to. I feel comfortable coming to her for my appointments and always leave happy.

November 19, 2019 7:16 AM

Dr. Favia is an excellent provider which is why I followed her to her new practice. She is kind, caring, and knowledgeable in regards to obstetrics. She also has an excellent bedside manner.

November 19, 2019 7:16 AM

I will continue to recommend her to family and friends.

November 3, 2019 6:00 PM

Very friendly staff. probably the most comfortable I have ever felt. Doctor Favia was AMAZING. & all the nurses too.

October 23, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Favia is amazing! She is kind, patient, understanding and takes her time with her patients. I always feel like a priority with Dr. Favia. I followed her from Mercy and would travel over 100 miles to see her if I had too!

September 29, 2019 7:00 PM

This was my first time meeting with this provider. She was very personable, professional, and I left feeling so happy that I chose her to be my Gynecologist. I even referred a friend to her after my appointment.

September 10, 2019 7:00 PM

A+++.

September 9, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Favia is wonderful. She listens and as an open mind compared to others in her group. We discussed post-partum care, my well being, birth control options and she let me know to reach out if I needed.

September 2, 2019 7:00 PM

I love Julia Favia, she has been really kind, patient and caring in the last 6 months. Dr Favia is is great about talking and planning health care routes. She makes sure that I understand what the next plan of action is and is really u derstanding with any concerns I may have. office staff, reception/scheduling, could be better.

August 24, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Favia did a great job listening to me during my appointment and she answered all of my questions thoroughly.

August 13, 2019 7:00 PM

Julie was professional and listened to all my needs & concerns. She took the time to help me!

August 11, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Favia is wonderful. She is always friendly, compassionate and very helpful. I won't see anyone other than her.

August 7, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Favia is great. Most of the nurses are pleasant and professional. The office staff is sub-par.

August 6, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Favia is the best! She is so kind and caring, respectful and easy to talk with. She is a wonderful person!

August 4, 2019 7:00 PM

Excellent care, concern, questioning, feedback, understanding, knowledgeable, patient, and kind.

July 27, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Favia is a very knowledgeable and capable OB

July 26, 2019 7:00 PM

I have been seeing Dr. Favia for at least 10 years, I sought her out when she moved. i absolutely love her! she takes the time to listen and she cares about her patients. she is one of thr beat!

July 21, 2019 7:00 PM

Changing GYNs after 20 years at the same practice could be difficult but Dr. Favia made it comfortable, and she was very easy to talk to.

July 8, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Favia is extremely knowledgeable, caring, and compassionate. I followed her from Mercy because of this and wanted her to be the person to be my provider for myself and baby.

June 25, 2019 7:00 PM

I've been with Dr. Favia for years! She is the best doctors I've ever seen! I refer everyone I know! I can't say enough good things!

June 20, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Favia answered questions I had, and called me at home to explain other concerns I had. I was very appreciative of that call!

June 16, 2019 7:00 PM

I love Doctor Favia! I feel as though she is very knowledgeable and has wonderful bed side manner. I feel as though my health care is in good hands with Dr Favia as my doctor.

June 10, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Favia has been my OB-GYN for 10+ years - I followed her from the Mercy Health System - she's an excellent doctor and has always been professional and so nice.

June 6, 2019 7:00 PM

GREAT bedside manner, gets to know you as a person vs. just a patient. All my worries went out the door when Dr. Favia came in.

June 2, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Favia was very thorough, taking the time to do an ultrasound in the same visit (not pre-planned). She asked if I had any other questions several times.

April 22, 2019 7:00 PM

This was the 1ST time I had seen Dr. Favia. I switched to all Advocate doctors. The office was very friendly, clean and inviting. The office was running on time and all my medical records were available to the doctor.

April 15, 2019 7:00 PM

I was a new patient to Dr Favia and am very happy with my choice.

April 12, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Favia is the best! Her nurses are great too. The receptionists, on the other hand, are rude and unprofessional. I heard one say the term "fg retard" to another one in conversation. It was so inappropriate.Sometimes when they answer the phone it's with a tone that indicates that they are annoyed for you calling. If I try to schedule appointments in advance, it's like I'm putting them out. They seem to only tolerate one task at a time. Asking for a second favor is too much.

April 6, 2019 7:00 PM

Best Provider I've had! always kind, caring, and knowledgeable.

March 30, 2019 7:00 PM

I absolutely love Dr. Favia! She is so kind and honest. She's a great provider and truly cares for her patients.

March 26, 2019 7:00 PM

I enjoy seeing Dr. Favia. She switched from Mercy to Advocate and I went with her. She is compassionate, knowledgeable and personable. I plan to stay with her as long as possible.

March 22, 2019 7:00 PM

I followed Dr Favia from Mercy. she is the only Dr I would ever consider not delivering my child at Centegra for. She's the best.

March 17, 2019 7:00 PM

I think Dr Favia is great. she always listens, explains what is happening and never makes you feel rushed