Joumana Tannous Chaiban, MD

Specialty: Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism

Your health and safety is our top priority. Get COVID-19 info & vaccine information and see our visitor policy.

Joumana Tannous Chaiban, MD

• American University Of Beirut; Endocrinology
  • Case Western Univeristy School Of Medicine; Internal Medicine
  • American University Of Beirut; Internal Medicine
  • St. Joseph's University/Lebanon

• Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism

• Advocate Christ Medical Center

Comments

July 27, 2020 3:23 PM

awesome office staff

July 21, 2020 11:42 AM

I felt at ease and the Doctor was so nice and made me feel comfortable. I feel lucky to have her as my doctor.

July 21, 2020 11:42 AM

The whole staff was helpful getting me into the lab for a last minute blood test and making a follow up appointment. When I walked in I was nervous but walking out I felt much better, they eased my mind in a kind way.

May 26, 2020 10:58 AM

It was a video visit due to COVID-19. Dr. Chalban is a great doctor, she is very patience, she takes time to call her patients and answer questions on the patient portal.

April 27, 2020 3:30 PM

very good health service considering the situation

April 3, 2020 12:00 AM

I had a good visit with my doctor. She answered all of my questions.

March 14, 2020 9:26 AM

she tried to cover all my concerns.

March 14, 2020 6:20 AM

this provider is amazing she really wants to see results for you. I have been seeing Dr Chaiban since 2016 and she is very dedicated and knowledgeable. it's amazing how far she has help me come with my diabetes. her and her nurses are exceptional and I am so glad that I have found sound such a caring doctor.

March 14, 2020 6:20 AM

they always communicate with me and even helped me with things that my primary doctor should be doing. I always get a response the same day unless I message after hours but then someone gets back to me the next day. They are a prime example of a patient's advocate.

March 12, 2020 12:12 PM

I think very highly of this provider and appreciate her bedside manner.

March 12, 2020 10:28 AM

I like my doctor & would refer friends & family there.

March 9, 2020 3:44 PM

I was actually surprised with the length of the appointment. Many providers in my old group the appointments were pretty much in and out. Switching to Advocate has been refreshing in this respect

March 8, 2020 9:48 AM

I switched from another provider within the same group because I did not like her at all. This was the first visit with Dr. Chaiban. I felt she took time to read my records from my general physician and neurologist and discussed with me how best to manage my diabetes with a medication change and a followup plan.

February 29, 2020 8:41 PM

Dr. Chiaban is a very caring doctor and explains everything very thoroughly. She is very concerned about any side effects of my Opdivo infusions

February 26, 2020 6:32 AM

Doctor was very considerate, knowledgeable.

February 24, 2020 11:01 PM

very personable, explained my future treatment.

February 22, 2020 11:31 AM

I have a very good rapport with Dr. Chaiban. She is responsible for my weight loss and I can't thank her enough. My A-1C is 5.9 as of 02/14/2020. I have lost over 90 pounds in a year and a half and I feel great. I love Dr. Chaiban because she took an interest in my health when I was over 300 pounds. I now weigh 217 pounds.

February 22, 2020 11:31 AM

I love Dr. Chaiban because she's easy to talk too, she calls you back when your tests needs your urgent attention or your medication needs changing. She's just the best overall. I recommended my niece to Dr. Chaiban and she is making her appointment as we speak.

February 17, 2020 9:52 PM

I see Dr. Chaiban every 3 months, after I have my A1C test. She is wonderful, kindly and so understanding. I am concerned about keeping my diabetes under control because I don't want to take insulin, and she understands my feelings.

February 17, 2020 9:52 PM

Compared to my last endocrinologist, Dr. Chaiban is the best!

February 17, 2020 6:13 PM

As always, my appointment with Dr. Chaiban was perfect in every way.

February 17, 2020 6:13 PM

Each and every time I leave my appointment, I'm encouraged, happy, and feel extremely fortunate to have Dr. Chaiban as my endocrinologist.

February 17, 2020 3:24 PM

good

February 17, 2020 7:06 AM

Great visit this time because I remembered to strive to do better with my diabetes care and I did! Yay! Dr. Chaihan encourages me to do small positive & consist things for my health.

February 17, 2020 7:06 AM

I look forward to my visit w/Dr. Chaiban & nurse assistants because she (they) makes me feel comfortable with my health and basic conversations.

February 13, 2020 12:10 PM

Dr. Chaiban always takes plenty of time to go over test results, and explain any concerns she may have. She listens well, asks questions, and seems genuinely concerned.

February 6, 2020 11:25 AM

Dr. Chaiban is very patient and she listens to my concerns. She allows me to be included in decisions about my overall health. We worked together to find solutions that are best for me.

February 6, 2020 11:25 AM

Overall I am happy that I found a doctor like Dr. Chaiban. Looking forward to continuing my treatment under her care. She is awesome!!!

January 22, 2020 9:21 PM

she's always very informative and very patient. answers all my questions!!

January 21, 2020 12:51 AM

Professional, friendly, comfortable, and, at ease.

January 21, 2020 12:51 AM

Some people, like me, that smoke, are overweight, and, don't follow doctors instructions, hate to visit doctors. I like very much visiting with Dr. Chaiban, she tells me what needs to be done to be in better health, but , she tells me, in a respectful, and, informative way.

January 20, 2020 1:50 PM

It was a good visit

January 20, 2020 1:50 PM

I had a good experience.

December 30, 2019 6:28 AM

Dr. Chaiban is a good doctor for X who is developmentally disabled.

December 23, 2019 1:41 PM

I am grateful for Dr. Chaiban and how she treats me.

December 13, 2019 6:58 AM

It's always a pleasure to visit with Dr. Chaiban and the staff at this Advocate location.

December 12, 2019 1:06 PM

It was a good experience.

November 18, 2019 11:00 PM

my over all experience was excellent the staff was pleasant.

November 18, 2019 8:48 PM

Dr. Chaiban always is helpful & respectful.

November 11, 2019 7:09 PM

As always, it was positive, thorough, fun, and informative.

November 11, 2019 7:09 PM

Dr. Chaiban always makes me feel good about myself and gives me positive feedback so that I always leave her office with hope. she makes me comfortable to talk to her about anything. Not to mention she is incredibly knowledgeable and explains so that I understand. She truly cares. Advocate is fortunate to have her on their team. She is special.

November 11, 2019 8:19 AM

Good to talk to the doctor.

November 8, 2019 10:19 AM

I'm very satisfied with my visit.

November 7, 2019 9:59 AM

Dr. Joumana T. Chaiban is a very good doctor.

November 2, 2019 7:00 PM

Very professional doctor and her nurse. They are very courtesy and always an immediate response from both.

November 1, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Chaiban is a very good doctor. I am very relaxed when I see her. She is very nice, professional, very informative and I always leave there feeling good about myself that I am doing so well with my diabetes because of her.

October 24, 2019 7:00 PM

The health care clinic everyone is so nice and professional, Dr. Chaiban is a very good dr. She's the best.

September 29, 2019 7:00 PM

my over all experience has been great.

September 8, 2019 7:00 PM

Always A very Comfortable visit

August 23, 2019 7:00 PM

I love Dr. Chaiban. She shows concern for issues that I bring up. She is the epitome of a caring doctor.

August 19, 2019 7:00 PM

Very Pleasant Dr.

August 13, 2019 7:00 PM

I was treated very respectfully & courteously. The team including the receptionist were friendly & helpful. My experience at this office has always been very pleasant.

July 17, 2019 7:00 PM

The visit was very good.

July 16, 2019 7:00 PM

Provider very fair & clear.

June 16, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Chaiban is a fantastic specialist. I was glad that my PCP referred me to her. She is very helpful and attentive. Thank you.

June 4, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Chaiban is amazing and really listens to what I have to say. She's very prompt and never rushes. Her staff is always pleasant.

May 21, 2019 7:00 PM

I have found the practice of Dr. Chaiban to be very efficiently run. I never have to spend more than a few minutes in the waiting room. The nurse that checks me in is very professional, yet also very personable. The Dr. always takes her time, asks me lots of questions, listens to my concerns, and explains carefully all the decisions she makes regarding my health care. Dr. Chaiban never hesitates to call me when she is concerned about test results. I expressed some concerns using the portal messaging service and was given advice before 24 hours had passed. I even got a call from her office about a library book I had left there. I would recommend her practice to anyone needing the care of an endocrinologist.

May 2, 2019 7:00 PM

very pleasant, concerned, very patience, good listener.

April 21, 2019 7:00 PM

This doctor is very caring. I like her.

April 10, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Chaiban, is the best dr. She's very professional, honest caring, I am so glad she's one of my drs. I have recommend friend's & family.

April 7, 2019 7:00 PM

always good and professional i like Dr. Chaiban she is caring &nice person great bedside manners

March 28, 2019 7:00 PM

The doctor and nurse seem to be concern about my health. They answer my questions. I ask them to explain dosage of insulin I take so it can reduce my A1C the doctor explain it to me.

March 17, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Chaiban is a excellent doctor. She makes me feel that she really cares. Very informative health he nurse is excellent as well, I feel very comfortable with them. I have referred them both to family & friends I always receive follow up calls whenever I call.

March 4, 2019 6:00 PM

This was my 1st time visiting this provider's office. Everyone was very welcoming. Provider was easy to talk to, and listened to my all concerns and issue. She was very helpful in explaining everything to me. My experience here was very comforting. I am happy that I chose this provider for my care. I would definitely recommend her to friends & family.

March 2, 2019 6:00 PM

I feel comfortable talking with my provider; while maintaining a respectful and professional approach. Dr. Chaiban is calm, reassuring, and knowledgeable. I leave each visit with a plan to improve my health which keeps me motivated.

February 16, 2019 6:00 PM

Dr Chibion, is a very warm sensitive doctor and always listens to her patients recommended 100%...

February 14, 2019 6:00 PM

Dr. Chaiban is now my endocrinologist - replacing the previous doctor who didn't assist me with the issue of my drug plan refusing to pay for Janumet. Dr. Chaiban is wonderful - kind & sincerely concerned about my issues with type 2 diabetes.

February 12, 2019 6:00 PM

I had a wonderful experience and enjoy seeing this provider.

February 7, 2019 6:00 PM

Dr. Chaiban treats me with good physician care. She makes coming to "see" her a pleasant experience. She provides answers & information awareness about my condition.

February 7, 2019 6:00 PM

This was the first time I saw Dr. Chaiban - I was not happy with my previous dr. (of 14 yrs) I like Dr. Chaiban a lot, my niece recommended her, said she's very nice, and listens to her patients, and she was absolutely right -

December 19, 2018 6:00 PM

I like Dr. Chaiban! She's young and caring.

December 2, 2018 6:00 PM

Excellent

November 26, 2018 6:00 PM

the best doctor. Dr Chaibain is the best. I appreciate all the time she is there for me. friendly and happy. thank you

November 19, 2018 6:00 PM

great doctor.....actually called me herself with test results.

November 15, 2018 6:00 PM

When I was waiting to check-in, there was a line & 4 people behind desks. Three of them were taking care of others, the 4th appeared to be attending to other work. By the time it was my turn, 2/3 stepped away & the 3rd may have been completing work but I was still standing there for a few minutes & was not addressed w/"someone will be with you in minute". I stood there for another minute wondering if I was in the right place & had to ask just to get their attention. They took care of the 5 people in front of me promptly but I'm wondering why that stopped by the time they got to me.

November 14, 2018 6:00 PM

I've been a diabetic for 15 years in those years I have 5 different doctors due to insurance changes, moving, etc. Dr. Chaiban has been the only doc to treat me as a person with diabetes all the other docs were it's my fault for being overweight. Not doing enough exc. eating the wrong foods, so on and because of her care and understanding and working with different meds this is the first time my sugar levels are controlled. Thank you

November 12, 2018 6:00 PM

very compassionate concerned easy to talk too answer all questions

November 12, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. Joumani is wonderful. She listens to what I have to say, is very informative, does not rush through the appointment and very thorough. She is very nice and makes me feel comfortable. Highly recommend her.

November 12, 2018 6:00 PM

she was very very nice, shea was very in detailed on everything she explained.

November 4, 2018 6:00 PM

This Dr is Very Professional..

October 28, 2018 7:00 PM

To date, Dr. Chaiban has treated me with professional diabetes care. She's an active listener, knowledgeable and hands-on doctor. The clerks and nurses have supported my GOOD experiences. Thank you!

October 15, 2018 7:00 PM

very personable, she makes you feel valued.

August 28, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Chaiban is always so thorough, kind & interested in me & my health. She has really found her career calling & it shows to her patients. Thank you so much Dr. Chaiban!!

August 25, 2018 7:00 PM

thank you for your care .

August 20, 2018 7:00 PM

Experience went well. All questions answered.

August 19, 2018 7:00 PM

My original appointment was cancelled and scheduled for the next day. They failed to tell me the doctor would not be in the same office. On the day of my visit, I went to the scheduled office to find the doctor was at another location. Therefore, I had to visit two offices to see the doctor.

August 11, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr chaiban is a very knowledgable doctor who truly cares about her patients. My medical case is quiet unusual and we had frequent email conversations regarding it and how to proceed. I was amazed how quickly she got back to me and how she discussed things with me almost like her equal , not just a patient as I have some medical knowledge. in the end though, I trusted her to make the decision. I have recommended her yo several of my friends. She is one of the best doctors I have ever met. Because my medical case is so rare and bizzare, she did a lot of research for me in her spare time which impressed me and truly made me appreciate her dedication as a doctor.

August 5, 2018 7:00 PM

The provider took her time to listen to my health concerns, and put me on a plan to maintain good health.

July 22, 2018 7:00 PM

I met Dr. Chaiban when I was hospitalized at Christ. I was impressed with her bed side manner & the time she spent with me. This visit was a follow up visit. I was very impressed once again with her explanations & answers to all my questions.

July 22, 2018 7:00 PM

very helpful my appointment was on time

July 17, 2018 7:00 PM

Wonderful and got me to relax very soon. It was a great experience. We even had some laughs together. I even look forward to my next visit.

July 16, 2018 7:00 PM

Experience was a good one.

July 8, 2018 7:00 PM

it was a good experience. dr. was very helpful. very concerned that I follow up and document my results.

July 8, 2018 7:00 PM

excellent service, love Dr Chaiban, nurse and receptionist personnel. But I always prefer early morning appointments. thank you. keep up the good work.

July 2, 2018 7:00 PM

very thorough. pleasant. knowledgable

June 24, 2018 7:00 PM

very nice Doctor. She took her time to go over my current diagnosis and what we need to do going forward.

June 17, 2018 7:00 PM

This Dr is. very nice, Knowledgeable, I wouldn't see an other endocrinologist..Dr Chibion is Wonderful....

June 15, 2018 7:00 PM

very patient oriented

June 15, 2018 7:00 PM

docter very good at what she does.

May 1, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Chaiban approach is warm, caring and observant. She reviews your health record w/you asks how you are doing and then provides a plan to keep you going forward. Her physical exams are definitely a part of the visit as well. - Good job Dr. Chaiban!!!

Your health and safety is our highest priority at every step of the journey with us. See what to expect