Joumana Tannous Chaiban, MD

Specialty: Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism

Coronavirus Alert

Learn what to do if you think you've been exposed to COVID-19. Stay up to date with our Resource Center.

No-Visitor Policy

No visitors, with few exceptions, will be allowed in any inpatient areas until further notice. Learn more.

Joumana Tannous Chaiban, MD

Specialty: Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism

We’re sorry, but our online scheduling is currently unavailable. You can schedule easily by phone. Call us. We’re here to help.

11600 South Kedzie Avenue

• United Healthcare MedicareComplete Plan 1 HMO
  • United Healthcare Navigate POS
  • United Healthcare Nexus
  • United Healthcare Select EPO
  • United Healthcare Select HMO
  • United Healthcare Select Plus POS

Comments

November 18, 2019 11:00 PM

my over all experience was excellent the staff was pleasant.

November 18, 2019 8:48 PM

Dr. Chaiban always is helpful & respectful.

November 11, 2019 7:09 PM

As always, it was positive, thorough, fun, and informative.

November 11, 2019 7:09 PM

Dr. Chaiban always makes me feel good about myself and gives me positive feedback so that I always leave her office with hope. she makes me comfortable to talk to her about anything. Not to mention she is incredibly knowledgeable and explains so that I understand. She truly cares. Advocate is fortunate to have her on their team. She is special.

November 11, 2019 8:19 AM

Good to talk to the doctor.

November 8, 2019 10:19 AM

I'm very satisfied with my visit.

November 7, 2019 9:59 AM

Dr. Joumana T. Chaiban is a very good doctor.

November 2, 2019 7:00 PM

Very professional doctor and her nurse. They are very courtesy and always an immediate response from both.

November 1, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Chaiban is a very good doctor. I am very relaxed when I see her. She is very nice, professional, very informative and I always leave there feeling good about myself that I am doing so well with my diabetes because of her.

October 24, 2019 7:00 PM

The health care clinic everyone is so nice and professional, Dr. Chaiban is a very good dr. She's the best.

September 29, 2019 7:00 PM

my over all experience has been great.

September 8, 2019 7:00 PM

Always A very Comfortable visit

August 23, 2019 7:00 PM

I love Dr. Chaiban. She shows concern for issues that I bring up. She is the epitome of a caring doctor.

August 19, 2019 7:00 PM

Very Pleasant Dr.

August 13, 2019 7:00 PM

I was treated very respectfully & courteously. The team including the receptionist were friendly & helpful. My experience at this office has always been very pleasant.

July 17, 2019 7:00 PM

The visit was very good.

July 16, 2019 7:00 PM

Provider very fair & clear.

June 16, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Chaiban is a fantastic specialist. I was glad that my PCP referred me to her. She is very helpful and attentive. Thank you.

June 4, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Chaiban is amazing and really listens to what I have to say. She's very prompt and never rushes. Her staff is always pleasant.

May 21, 2019 7:00 PM

I have found the practice of Dr. Chaiban to be very efficiently run. I never have to spend more than a few minutes in the waiting room. The nurse that checks me in is very professional, yet also very personable. The Dr. always takes her time, asks me lots of questions, listens to my concerns, and explains carefully all the decisions she makes regarding my health care. Dr. Chaiban never hesitates to call me when she is concerned about test results. I expressed some concerns using the portal messaging service and was given advice before 24 hours had passed. I even got a call from her office about a library book I had left there. I would recommend her practice to anyone needing the care of an endocrinologist.

May 2, 2019 7:00 PM

very pleasant, concerned, very patience, good listener.

April 21, 2019 7:00 PM

This doctor is very caring. I like her.

April 10, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Chaiban, is the best dr. She's very professional, honest caring, I am so glad she's one of my drs. I have recommend friend's & family.

April 7, 2019 7:00 PM

always good and professional i like Dr. Chaiban she is caring &nice person great bedside manners

March 28, 2019 7:00 PM

The doctor and nurse seem to be concern about my health. They answer my questions. I ask them to explain dosage of insulin I take so it can reduce my A1C the doctor explain it to me.

March 17, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Chaiban is a excellent doctor. She makes me feel that she really cares. Very informative health he nurse is excellent as well, I feel very comfortable with them. I have referred them both to family & friends I always receive follow up calls whenever I call.

March 4, 2019 6:00 PM

This was my 1st time visiting this provider's office. Everyone was very welcoming. Provider was easy to talk to, and listened to my all concerns and issue. She was very helpful in explaining everything to me. My experience here was very comforting. I am happy that I chose this provider for my care. I would definitely recommend her to friends & family.

March 2, 2019 6:00 PM

I feel comfortable talking with my provider; while maintaining a respectful and professional approach. Dr. Chaiban is calm, reassuring, and knowledgeable. I leave each visit with a plan to improve my health which keeps me motivated.

February 16, 2019 6:00 PM

Dr Chibion, is a very warm sensitive doctor and always listens to her patients recommended 100%...

February 14, 2019 6:00 PM

Dr. Chaiban is now my endocrinologist - replacing the previous doctor who didn't assist me with the issue of my drug plan refusing to pay for Janumet. Dr. Chaiban is wonderful - kind & sincerely concerned about my issues with type 2 diabetes.

February 12, 2019 6:00 PM

I had a wonderful experience and enjoy seeing this provider.

February 7, 2019 6:00 PM

Dr. Chaiban treats me with good physician care. She makes coming to "see" her a pleasant experience. She provides answers & information awareness about my condition.

February 7, 2019 6:00 PM

This was the first time I saw Dr. Chaiban - I was not happy with my previous dr. (of 14 yrs) I like Dr. Chaiban a lot, my niece recommended her, said she's very nice, and listens to her patients, and she was absolutely right -

December 19, 2018 6:00 PM

I like Dr. Chaiban! She's young and caring.

December 2, 2018 6:00 PM

Excellent

November 26, 2018 6:00 PM

the best doctor. Dr Chaibain is the best. I appreciate all the time she is there for me. friendly and happy. thank you

November 19, 2018 6:00 PM

great doctor.....actually called me herself with test results.

November 15, 2018 6:00 PM

When I was waiting to check-in, there was a line & 4 people behind desks. Three of them were taking care of others, the 4th appeared to be attending to other work. By the time it was my turn, 2/3 stepped away & the 3rd may have been completing work but I was still standing there for a few minutes & was not addressed w/"someone will be with you in minute". I stood there for another minute wondering if I was in the right place & had to ask just to get their attention. They took care of the 5 people in front of me promptly but I'm wondering why that stopped by the time they got to me.

November 14, 2018 6:00 PM

I've been a diabetic for 15 years in those years I have 5 different doctors due to insurance changes, moving, etc. Dr. Chaiban has been the only doc to treat me as a person with diabetes all the other docs were it's my fault for being overweight. Not doing enough exc. eating the wrong foods, so on and because of her care and understanding and working with different meds this is the first time my sugar levels are controlled. Thank you

November 12, 2018 6:00 PM

very compassionate concerned easy to talk too answer all questions

November 12, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. Joumani is wonderful. She listens to what I have to say, is very informative, does not rush through the appointment and very thorough. She is very nice and makes me feel comfortable. Highly recommend her.

November 12, 2018 6:00 PM

she was very very nice, shea was very in detailed on everything she explained.

November 4, 2018 6:00 PM

This Dr is Very Professional..

October 28, 2018 7:00 PM

To date, Dr. Chaiban has treated me with professional diabetes care. She's an active listener, knowledgeable and hands-on doctor. The clerks and nurses have supported my GOOD experiences. Thank you!

October 15, 2018 7:00 PM

very personable, she makes you feel valued.

August 28, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Chaiban is always so thorough, kind & interested in me & my health. She has really found her career calling & it shows to her patients. Thank you so much Dr. Chaiban!!

August 25, 2018 7:00 PM

thank you for your care .

August 20, 2018 7:00 PM

Experience went well. All questions answered.

August 19, 2018 7:00 PM

My original appointment was cancelled and scheduled for the next day. They failed to tell me the doctor would not be in the same office. On the day of my visit, I went to the scheduled office to find the doctor was at another location. Therefore, I had to visit two offices to see the doctor.

August 11, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr chaiban is a very knowledgable doctor who truly cares about her patients. My medical case is quiet unusual and we had frequent email conversations regarding it and how to proceed. I was amazed how quickly she got back to me and how she discussed things with me almost like her equal , not just a patient as I have some medical knowledge. in the end though, I trusted her to make the decision. I have recommended her yo several of my friends. She is one of the best doctors I have ever met. Because my medical case is so rare and bizzare, she did a lot of research for me in her spare time which impressed me and truly made me appreciate her dedication as a doctor.

August 5, 2018 7:00 PM

The provider took her time to listen to my health concerns, and put me on a plan to maintain good health.

July 22, 2018 7:00 PM

I met Dr. Chaiban when I was hospitalized at Christ. I was impressed with her bed side manner & the time she spent with me. This visit was a follow up visit. I was very impressed once again with her explanations & answers to all my questions.

July 22, 2018 7:00 PM

very helpful my appointment was on time

July 17, 2018 7:00 PM

Wonderful and got me to relax very soon. It was a great experience. We even had some laughs together. I even look forward to my next visit.

July 16, 2018 7:00 PM

Experience was a good one.

July 8, 2018 7:00 PM

it was a good experience. dr. was very helpful. very concerned that I follow up and document my results.

July 8, 2018 7:00 PM

excellent service, love Dr Chaiban, nurse and receptionist personnel. But I always prefer early morning appointments. thank you. keep up the good work.

July 2, 2018 7:00 PM

very thorough. pleasant. knowledgable

June 24, 2018 7:00 PM

very nice Doctor. She took her time to go over my current diagnosis and what we need to do going forward.

June 17, 2018 7:00 PM

This Dr is. very nice, Knowledgeable, I wouldn't see an other endocrinologist..Dr Chibion is Wonderful....

June 15, 2018 7:00 PM

very patient oriented

June 15, 2018 7:00 PM

docter very good at what she does.

May 1, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Chaiban approach is warm, caring and observant. She reviews your health record w/you asks how you are doing and then provides a plan to keep you going forward. Her physical exams are definitely a part of the visit as well. - Good job Dr. Chaiban!!!

April 30, 2018 7:00 PM

very knowledgeable

April 20, 2018 7:00 PM

She was very pleasant and informative did not bombard me with a lot of medical terminology but made it plain that I could understand what was going on in my body.

April 2, 2018 7:00 PM

Very good experience, attentive etc.

March 23, 2018 7:00 PM

Very enlightening and comfortable. Also, solutions to my disease.

March 19, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Chayban is a great doctor. She is very professional and kind. Enjoy visiting her

March 10, 2018 6:00 PM

My experience was very good.

March 3, 2018 6:00 PM

pretty happy with the doctor

March 2, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. is a wonderful provider. I'm grateful how she and staff X and X help me .

February 23, 2018 6:00 PM

she was an awesome Dr she made me feel comfortable and relaxed through the whole visit I definitely would recommend this doctor to anyone.

February 11, 2018 6:00 PM

Excellent doctor, very knowledgeable, pleasant personality. I feel very comfortable with her.

February 8, 2018 6:00 PM

Very impressed with Dr. Chaiban her office staff and lab personnel. Prompt and courteous experience.

January 29, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. Chaiban, demonstrates a very warm, friendly, and professional manner. She greets you in a way that makes you feel comfortable, she reviews your medical records with you and allows you to share your needs and concerns. She physically examined me w/reminders of the important of keeping certain thing in check to ensure good diabetic health. Thank you Dr. Chaiban Great doctor!

January 29, 2018 6:00 PM

the doctor was really nice listening to all my concerns taking her time answering my questions

January 28, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. Chaiban is such a caring and knowledgeable doctor. She is my endocrinologist and she takes her times, does a complete physical exam complete with questions. She walks into the having already looked at you medical history. I work in the medical field and I know some doctors that could learn a lot from her bedside manner!!! I love this doctor wouldn't even change if it cost me more to see her! She cares!

January 22, 2018 6:00 PM

CHAIBAN MD, JOUMANA is an excellent doctor. I really appreciate her care and expertise. I chose her from a list of doctor's when I first starting seeing her and I'm very happy with her. I rate her as #1.

January 21, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. Chaiban is very thorough. I like that she examines my feet during my visits. She is also pleasant and quite knowledgable. She always follows up my visits with the results of my blood tests in a very timely fashion. I am happy that she is my doctor.

December 25, 2017 6:00 PM

Dr Chaiban was very helpful and understanding, courteous and caring.Thanks

December 11, 2017 6:00 PM

Keep Up The Good Work!!!

December 5, 2017 6:00 PM

She seem to be interested in my health she had me talk a ultrasound on my throat. She fold out more information about my thyroids that my doctor didn't check.

October 23, 2017 7:00 PM

my experience was good

October 20, 2017 7:00 PM

Effecient, professional, comfortable, I like & respect Dr Chaiban. More than once I called her w/ a question/concern & she Rt'd the call promptly; at office visit following said call/s reason for call/s was mentioned letting me know it/they had been noted on in my fileI appreciated that Kudos Dr C

October 1, 2017 7:00 PM

I am the patient's plenary guardian. XX is a traumatic brain injured individual. Dr. Chaiban is a very nice doctor who appears to care about her patients.

September 17, 2017 7:00 PM

Dr. was extremely polite! Left feeling a positive outlook.

August 8, 2017 7:00 PM

She is a very nice doctor.

July 30, 2017 7:00 PM

The experience was pleasant but I was not as informed about my condition to the point I had a good understand of caused the condition or if the medication was to be helpful, what were the expectations.

July 28, 2017 7:00 PM

This was my 1st visit with this provider and my deciding visit to see if I would continue to see her, because my normal Dr. changed hospitals. But I am very pleased and will continue to go and keep my appointments with her. Very pleased so far.

July 24, 2017 7:00 PM

Dr. is always most pleasant and informative.

July 6, 2017 7:00 PM

Since joining this group my experience w/Dr. J. Chaiban has been excellent. the people, workers, nurses have all been very caring warm & helpful. I'm pleased with the service I've received - Thank you!

June 26, 2017 7:00 PM

Very polite, take about.

June 26, 2017 7:00 PM

I Just Love The Overall Feeling When I Come Into The Advocate Medical Group Center The Workers There Are So Nice and Dr. Chaiban Understands Me and Listens To Me When I Feel Like There Are Some Things That Need To Be Changed.

June 22, 2017 7:00 PM

She acts concern about my health. She also gave me some books read and follow concerning my condition she is one of the nice doctor I have had over the years.

May 22, 2017 7:00 PM

Dr. Chaiban is very good. She's caring, helpful, intelligent and thorough. I enjoyed my visit.

May 15, 2017 7:00 PM

Thought the visit went very well. Good conversation with the provider.