Jonathan M. Sherman, MD

Suite 1200H

Oak Lawn, IL 60453

Office: 708-684-5437

Fax: 708-684-4989

Meet Jonathan M. Sherman, MD

• Gender:
  • Clinical interests: Childhood Hearing LossCongenital Airway ObstructionCongenital Head and Neck AbnormalitiesDysphagiaEustachian Tube DysfunctionMiddle Ear DisordersObstructive Sleep Apnea
  • Related website: https://www.advocatehealth.com/amg/

• Fellowship: Boston Children's Hospital - Harvard Medical School, Pediatric Otolaryngology
  • Residency: The University of Chicago, Otolaryngology
  • Medical School: Mayo Medical School

• Advocate Children's Hospital - Oak Lawn
  • Advocate Christ Medical Center

Comments

March 27, 2020 12:00 AM

I love doctor Sherman. The wait was VERY LONG. Our only issue.

March 21, 2020 9:11 PM

thanks dr Sherman for always being honest and incredibly knowledgeable!

March 16, 2020 2:37 PM

my visit was great doctor Sherman was very nice and also very thorough

March 16, 2020 2:37 PM

dr. Sherman as an amazing doctor and I'm so grateful they have him as my daughter's surgernt

March 14, 2020 8:42 PM

He is always professional and cares about my daughter.

March 10, 2020 4:31 PM

the wait for dr Sherman can be long but it is always worth the wait. Here treats you like you're the only patient hr has that day. can't say enough good about him!! My son is very medically complex, trach and vent dependent. So thankful for Dr Sherman!!

February 24, 2020 9:17 AM

The experience was good; Dr. Sherman is thorough and respects the patient and parents

February 10, 2020 1:39 PM

Dr. Sherman was excellent. we were a bit late getting in for the appointment but he apologized immediately and explained that he was needed on the floor which I completely understand. he really took a lot of time speaking with us and had great bedside manner with my daughter (who is 2 and is anxious about the doctor's office). Dr. Sherman has a very impressive approach with both the patient and the parent and is able to explain things clearly. He went over the risks/benefits of surgery and made me feel much more comfortable about the procedure in general. I have recommended him to various friends and family because of this.

February 8, 2020 7:52 AM

good

February 1, 2020 5:59 AM

very good doctor.

January 27, 2020 2:09 PM

Dr. Sherman is simply the best. Excellent bedsidemanner

January 20, 2020 2:46 PM

6 month follow up (since June 2018) post surgery for ear tubes. We are usually in and out in a timely manner and staff has been wonderful.

January 20, 2020 2:46 PM

Dr. Sherman explains things in a way that's easy for parents to understand. He's very respectful and caring towards my child.

January 18, 2020 10:04 AM

dr sherman is the all time best! he always find time and is very detailed about those scares that any parent has! highly recommended and the best thing hope hospital has ever did was hire him

January 13, 2020 1:35 PM

Dr Sherman is an excellent doctor. He takes time to make sure you are comfortable as a parent and understand his recommendations. He is great with my son, talks to him at an age appropriate level and appears genuinely concerned. I have recommended him to a few friends already.

January 7, 2020 10:10 AM

Dr Sherman is fantastic

January 7, 2020 10:10 AM

Always a pleasure to meet with Dr Sherman

January 6, 2020 7:40 PM

Dr. Sherman was wonderful. My son had his tonsils and adenoids taken out by him and it went very well and we couldn't have asked for a better experience with Dr. Sherman.

January 6, 2020 1:41 PM

Dr. Sherman and his two nurses are amazing we had a wonderful experience.

December 28, 2019 10:53 AM

Dr. Sherman is a wonderful, compassionate doctor. I would recommend him to every pediatric child needing an ENT.

December 25, 2019 2:05 AM

We love Dr. Sherman! He is absolutely amazing. He is patient, polite, understanding, thorough and very well deserving of a 5-star rating. He is exceptional!

December 25, 2019 2:05 AM

I have nothing but great things to share about Dr. Sherman and his level of care for my children. Amazing!

December 16, 2019 9:04 PM

good!

November 27, 2019 10:02 AM

Dr. Sherman is wonderful. I can tell how much he cares about his patients. He is kind and patient, but also an expert in his field.

November 25, 2019 2:11 PM

the best doctor

November 25, 2019 2:11 PM

good experience

November 21, 2019 1:47 PM

Dr. Sherman and his nurses are wonderful! They go up and beyond all of the time!

November 17, 2019 11:00 PM

Dr. Sherman takes his time to explain everything happening with X, including next steps and what we should be aware of. He makes us feel like he really is interested in X's progress.

November 14, 2019 11:00 PM

Dr. Sherman performed surgery on our 1 yo. (at the time). This was his 6 month follow up and we are very pleased with his progress. Although it was very emotional, we believe the ear tubes have been the best things for out son, and we are thankful for Dr. Sherman and staff!

November 11, 2019 11:00 PM

Dr. Sherman is the best--thorough, responsive, detail-oriented, and really, just a good person. Our daughter has Down Syndrome and Dr. Sherman knows how to treat ALL kids.

November 10, 2019 11:00 PM

everything was wonderful... our dr was informative and very caring with my daughter. we had a great experience and says a lot because we are in hospitals and dr's offices quite often.

November 3, 2019 6:00 PM

I was extremely disappointed at this visit. my wait time has never been good, but this time my 3 year old son and I waited almost 1.5 hours for the doctor. I was told I'd be seen right away. after 45 min, I found the nurse who brought us to our room and she said any minute again. After another 10 min, I went to the front desk and was told that the computer said the doctor was in my room. I honestly don't think I can return to this provider because of this experience nor would I recommend him!

November 1, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Sherman was great at keeping things simple and explaining things to us. Answered a lot of our questions and concerns.

October 25, 2019 7:00 PM

the doctor is absolutely fantastic but the wait is absolutely 100 percent horrible.

October 19, 2019 7:00 PM

I was quite nervous prior to the visit and speaking with Dr. Sherman. After discussion and his explanation in regards to my daughter's situation, I felt more at ease and more understanding to the situation at hand.

September 29, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr Jonathan Sherman is one of the best pediatric specialist out there!! He is so kind and so amazing he's very clear and goes over every single step of the way with the parent!! From day one of meeting dr Sherman to my daughters surgery to the follow up appointment dr Sherman is by far the best and I would recommend him to anyone in need of a pediatric ent!! thank you so very much dr Sherman for making my child's overall health better and being an excellent provider!!

September 13, 2019 7:00 PM

excellent communication and customer service very knowledgeable and compassionate

September 8, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Sherman was wonderful. I can see why there is a 3 month wait to see him, him and his staff were great to us. I felt that I understood, agreed with, and trusted his opinion on my daughter.

September 1, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Sherman is not only an amazing clinician, he is also one of the most compassionate physicians with an impeccable bedside manner. ACH is very lucky to have him on staff.

August 30, 2019 7:00 PM

I like De. Sherman . He was personable, approachable and thoroughly went through questions about the procedure.

August 27, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Sherman inspires confidence. He comes across as very intelligent and capable while also being down to earth. Excellent doctor who took great care of my child!

August 27, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Sherman is fabulous!! Top notch!! He is kind, compassionate & an excellent surgeon. I have recommended him to many friends & family.

August 27, 2019 7:00 PM

dr Sherman was excellent explained everything that was gonna happen during the healing process and it happened as he explained

August 25, 2019 7:00 PM

Our daughter, who has Down Syndrome, sees Dr. Sherman. He is always SO compassionate and explains everything so thoroughly. I trust his advice and wouldn't want to see anyone else.

August 25, 2019 7:00 PM

Excellent. Dr. Sherman gives me trustworthy advice. His bed side manner is the perfect mix of caring, solemness and humor.

August 9, 2019 7:00 PM

I finally met X ENT doctor. He's so humble. Took the time to talk to me to give me a better understanding of my daughter vocal cords.

August 2, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Sherman is the best. he listens, he is thorough, he explains everything in a way that is understandable to adults and children.

July 29, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr Sherman is the best. I felt like the surgery was a success and all of my worries and concerns were handled with care and my child's surgery and follow up was excellent

July 18, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Sherman and his team are very kind, patient, and compassionate.

June 21, 2019 7:00 PM

we love Dr. Sherman

June 9, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Sherman listens and explains everything that is going on very well

May 21, 2019 7:00 PM

We loved Dr Sherman. He explained the surgery and made us feel comfortable. We knew our child was in good hands.

May 6, 2019 7:00 PM

The entire advocate system is the same. you schedule an appointment for a specific time then 1 maybe even 2 hours later is when you finally get to see the doctor and that's after having to wait 3 months to get into the office.

April 21, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr Sherman was excellent and provided lots of options. Grateful that I took my daughter to see him and even though she needs surgery after meeting with Dr. Sherman I know this is the best course of action and really needed.

April 19, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Sherman is a kind, compassionate, caring physician. He is a skilled doctor and takes his time explaining things to kids and parents. I tell everyone who needs an ENT to go to home.

March 18, 2019 7:00 PM

most excellent doctor my son has ever been treated by. He helped X overcome his chronic ear infections as well as helped dramatically improve his development by doing so. I've already recommended him to multiple families in need of ENT.

March 10, 2019 7:00 PM

very helpful

March 10, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Sherman was great! He was patient, took his time with our visit, and explained what our options are for my daugther's care.

February 25, 2019 6:00 PM

Dr Sherman was very nice and explained everything very well and we he realized that my husband did not speak english he was kind enough to speak in spanish for my husband's sake. We really appreciate that.

February 24, 2019 6:00 PM

very informative

Dr. Sherman is the kindest, most compassionate, caring and skilled physician I have met. He goes above and beyond for each and every patient. He even goes as far as giving families his cell phone number. He is the BEST in our book!!!!

January 28, 2019 6:00 PM

great experience, great communication, procedure and recovery was good.

Dr Sherman is the best. very pleased at his ability to calm my children's fears.

Dr Sherman always give me options and advice...my granddaughter was diagnosed with autism and I made a statement about how I feel like I always hold my granddaughter too much and he told me never to doubt myself and instead told me that I'm doing an excellent job of taking care of her !

dr Sherman is such an amazing ENT physician!! he's so great with children and explains things so thoroughly.

we love Dr. Sherman!!!

January 13, 2019 6:00 PM

Dr. Sherman is a phenomenal ENT that I felt I could completely trust with my child's needs and healthcare.

January 7, 2019 6:00 PM

Dr. Sherman is the absolute best doctor. He is caring and thorough and goes above and beyond for all of his patients. I value his professional opinion in regards to my daughter's medical needs.

November 22, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. Sherman is WONDERFUL!!!! My son is in college and could not hear out of his left ear. Dr. Sherman arranged for him to come home from college on a Saturday and he opened his clinic to see him. He is so kind and compassionate and always puts his patients and families first. After examining my son, he realized he needed a stat CT scan. He contacted CT and arranged that this test be done. He immediately read the CT and determined that my son needed surgery sooner rather than later. Again, working around my son's college schedule, Dr. Sherman arranged for my son to be his last surgical case on November 20. He wanted to do the surgery the day he got home from his Thanksgiving break. Dr. Sherman explains things thoroughly and puts the patient and family at ease. Dr. Sherman even texted me to make sure things were going well with my son prior to and after surgery. I work at Advocate Children's Hospital and can honestly say that he treats ALL patients the same way. Many families I meet say that he gives them his cell phone number in case they have questions. He is an asset to Advocate Children's Hospital and I hope that he never leaves our institution. If he does, we will continue to follow him, wherever he goes. We are blessed to have such a wonderful physician on our staff!!! Thank you Dr. Sherman!!!

November 6, 2018 6:00 PM

Physician and staff were great. Waited over an hour, past our appt. time, before MD entered the room.

November 4, 2018 6:00 PM

He was very knowledgeable and took his time with us. He explained course of action and a plan B in case it didn't work.

November 4, 2018 6:00 PM

always professional and knowledge gaining!

November 2, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Sherman is a great doctor and has been great with my daughter since day 1. Always explained things well to us and why things needed to be done. Made us feel safe knowing my daughter was in good hands.

October 30, 2018 7:00 PM

We had a wonderful experience. Everyone from the front desk staff at the hospital entrance, to the audiologist to the doctor and nurses were fantastic. Very positive experience.

October 21, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Sherman and his team were caring, thoughtful and really listened. I would highly recommend him.

September 28, 2018 7:00 PM

Excellent care was given by the doctor and his staff. On day of surgery the nurse who assisted held my sons hand and was very sweet, it was truly touching. The anaesthesiologist and Dr. Sherman addressed every concern I had and were very thoughtful. Another nurse consoled me after son went into surgery, and I am just so grateful to everyone that was working that day, really showed me that they cared for my son.

September 23, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Sherman, went above and beyond to care for my daughter and help her to recover from a previous surgery.. I would highly recommend Dr.Sherman

September 18, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Sherman is a very, very good doctor. We love him. He is compassionate, kind, and explains and spends time with you.

September 16, 2018 7:00 PM

The provider was great, he made sure my son was comfortable with him and talked _____ as well.

August 31, 2018 7:00 PM

very compassionate towards my childs health

August 14, 2018 7:00 PM

we visited Dr Sherman for my son's annual check up. we were able to discuss his current course of treatment along with some concerns for a surgical procedure with another physician. when I had voiced difficulty getting the procedure accomplished, Dr Sherman reached out to another physician he recommended on our behalf.

August 10, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr Sherman was a young vibrant well educated and knowledgeable MD. He sent the intern in first to gather medical info and she was a pleasure. He took steps and measures to explain the procedure from start to finish.

August 9, 2018 7:00 PM

He is wonderful!

July 23, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Sherman is a great doctor. He was so knowledgeable and easy to understand. I was very impressed with the staff at the day surgery center.

June 25, 2018 7:00 PM

very good

June 13, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Sherman is excellent with my children. He is very knowledgeable about his content as well.

June 11, 2018 7:00 PM

I was VERY happy with Dr. Sherman, especially at how thorough he explained everything he saw during my daughters examination. He explained that surgery was not something he recommended for my daughter's overall health and well being.

June 3, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr Sherman is great he help me understand things by drawing them he help me get all the resources I needed

May 28, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Sherman and his team are the best of the best. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to everyone I know!

May 13, 2018 7:00 PM

Sherman is very respectful, kind, patient, good with my child, asked questions and my opinions on subject.

April 23, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Sherman was absolutely amazing. He answered all our questions and was very PATIENT with us as we asked so many questions. We went in very nervous for the possibility of our child getting tubes in her ears and we left very confident with Dr. Sherman's assurance that everything will be as successful as it can be.

April 21, 2018 7:00 PM

I love Dr Sherman and his team. He takes time to listen and answer questions. He seems to genuinely care about your child.

April 18, 2018 7:00 PM

Very good doctor excellent attention -

April 15, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Sherman is great with my daughter and always makes us/her feel comfortable during visits. He is great at explaining what he will be doing and why, and good about explaining everything before her exam, knowing the exam may upset her

April 10, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Sherman is awesome!

April 8, 2018 7:00 PM

it was amazing. thank you Dr Sherman

April 7, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Sherman and the staff are THE BEST!!

April 2, 2018 7:00 PM

dr Sherman was called in during my child's oncologist visit for a swollen lymph node in his neck that was growing. Dr Sherman used care and consideration with straight forward talking to explain that getting the lymph node removed and biopsied was a good choice. he made sure to give us the positives as well as the negatives for said procedure. I did not feel under educated when it came time to make the decision. Dr Sherman had wonderful bedside manner and showed concerned for us as parents, as it was very concerning to have to come to the realization that something might be wrong with your child. I really appreciated his care and attention and patience. thank you so much, Dr Sherman for the fantastic work you did with our son. It means the world to be able to have full confidence in a doctor and that's what I had with you.

March 25, 2018 7:00 PM

i have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Sherman he is an excellent doctor.

March 19, 2018 7:00 PM

the visit was great. but when I made this appointment months ago the person that made the appointment was very rude. and did not make me a convenient appointment. and it took a very long time knowing that the dr. can make an exception because he had told me he can.