Jon M. Richards, MD

Meet Jon M. Richards, MD

• Fellowship: University of Chicago Medical Center, Hematology/Oncology
  • Residency: University of Chicago Medical Center, Internal Medicine
  • Medical School: Weill Cornell Graduate School of Medicine

• Hematology/Oncology

• Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center

Comments

January 4, 2020 3:39 PM

Wait times are sometimes longer due to his busy schedule, but also due to his tremendous care for his patients! He truly cares about his patients' lives & makes us feel extremely comfortable!

January 4, 2020 3:39 PM

Always explains things in an understandable way!

December 23, 2019 10:00 AM

The provider was backed up - which is understandable. However I had to leave the exam room in the patient gown. to inquire about expected wait time since I had scheduled another appointment, one floor above, an hour later. Someone should have kept me informed & at least peek their head in to see how I was doing.

December 14, 2019 5:39 AM

Dr. Richards & full team are always professional, pleasant, and always answer any questions I have. The office is great about appt. reminders and providing quick answers when needed! Excellent care!

December 14, 2019 5:34 AM

Dr. Richards is excellent. Would not want to go to any other oncologist.

December 14, 2019 5:34 AM

Excellent experience all the time.

December 12, 2019 1:13 PM

Best dr. that I have ever had. Very nice & personable.

December 11, 2019 6:11 AM

My first visit with Dr. Richards was in July 2019. I have had many follow up visits and all of them have been the very best service a provider can offer.

December 10, 2019 12:52 PM

Dr. Richards has been an excellent caregiver in my battle with melanoma. He is pleasant, insightful, thorough, and communicative.

December 10, 2019 12:52 PM

His office, staff, and "bedside manner" have been one of the few bright spots in addressing this disease.

December 5, 2019 3:29 PM

Dr. Richards is a very professional & caring provider. He takes time to listen & respects my input. He is concerned about my complete health and quality of life.

December 2, 2019 6:57 PM

DR. Jon Richards is the best doctor I've ever had!!!!!

December 2, 2019 6:57 PM

Could not have been better in each and every visit. He surely relieves any stress one might have for visiting a doctor.

November 19, 2019 8:25 AM

Dr. Richards is monitoring the status of my melanoma. He is the most knowledgeable caring and personable physician I have encountered in my 66 years. He listens carefully. He takes the time needed to help me understand my health issues.

November 19, 2019 8:25 AM

He is reassuring - offering hope, while at the same time honestly sharing the seriousness of my condition. I trust him implicitly and am deeply grateful that I am under his care. I don't know where I'd be without him!!

November 17, 2019 11:00 PM

Always great experience Dr. Richards truly cares about my recovery! His sincere hugs means a lot to me before I leave.

November 14, 2019 11:00 PM

I have been treated by Dr. Jon Richards since August 2017. Dr. Richards was efficient, caring thorough, and very patient-oriented. There are not enough lines on a page to describe how incredibly professional he, his co-workers, and his entire support staff are. Their patient care is superb. Dr. Richards communication with his patients reflects the highest degree of understanding, skill, & concern for his patients. "He's THE BEST!!

November 3, 2019 6:00 PM

love having Dr Richards as my oncologist

October 31, 2019 7:00 PM

The best.

October 21, 2019 7:00 PM

I almost always have issues with doctors being arrogant and causing fright related to my health. Dr.Richards is outstanding as a doctor and a person.

Could not ask for a better doctor (Dr. Jon Richards). He is very caring & understanding.

January 7, 2019 6:00 PM

Dr. Richards is best MD I've ever had caring thoughtful & knowledgeable.

December 12, 2018 6:00 PM

EXCELLENT.

November 30, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. Richards, a specialist recommended to us for skin cancer surgery. This was a followup visit after surgery. He was very good - there's a song by Carly Simon - "Nobody Does it Better" applicable here.

November 30, 2018 6:00 PM

Always have been impressed with Dr Richard's care. Always thorough and treatment makes clear sense and options well explained.

November 25, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. Jon Richards and his nurse X are terrific. They listen to my concerns about my health and provide suggestions when issues arise. They also are concerned about my wife and make sure we both understand the pros and cons to all treatments. Dr. Richards is one of the most empathetic and compassionate doctors I have ever seen. He is terrific and so is X. I would give them both 10's on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the highest/best score possible. They are the reason I continue to receive treatment with Lutheran General. I have also seen Dr X. He too was a terrific doctor. He also we made sure my wife and I understood the tests and the ramifications to each possible outcome. I am very happy Dr. Richards referred me to him.

November 12, 2018 6:00 PM

I am grateful for oncology care for hx of breast ca and melanoma over many years!

November 10, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. Richards is very through. He goes over my test results every time I have an appt. excellent doctor.

November 8, 2018 6:00 PM

All doctors in practice 10 for kindness.

November 6, 2018 6:00 PM

I am with the best of the best doctors. He always makes...

October 28, 2018 7:00 PM

He gave me results of CT scan orally and in print. He also discussed possible future treatment and recommended a close-by specialist. I have never felt hurried by this doctor. He is one of the kindest people I have ever met.

September 13, 2018 7:00 PM

I love Dr. Richards. He has saved my life twice. He is my rock.

September 6, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Richards is great!

August 27, 2018 7:00 PM

I have never had a more caring and compassionate doctor.

August 12, 2018 7:00 PM

He has been very caring and compassionate about my health situation,he has a very calmimg and professional manner.

July 30, 2018 7:00 PM

He is a great doctor!

July 17, 2018 7:00 PM

Excellent.

July 16, 2018 7:00 PM

He is always at the top of his game. He helped to save my life.

June 25, 2018 7:00 PM

Excellent! Wonderful, caring, kind doctor!

June 21, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Richards is an awesome doctor!

June 20, 2018 7:00 PM

I have been seeing Dr. Richards for 15 years. He is caring & compassionate doctor. Advocate is very luck to have him.

June 17, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr Richards is my Melanoma savior. He always gives me my results himself and his office nurse X is wonderful too!

June 1, 2018 7:00 PM

best doctor and supportive staff I have ever used. thank you.

May 25, 2018 7:00 PM

He is very competent, professional and above all kind.

May 23, 2018 7:00 PM

Extremely knowledgeable & very helpful. Very patient focused and considerate. Spent a lot of time explaining options.

May 7, 2018 7:00 PM

good job

May 7, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Jon Richards is a GREAT man and doctor!

May 6, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Richards answers my questions and fully explains therapy & treatment I am receiving.

May 5, 2018 7:00 PM

Great doctor!

April 22, 2018 7:00 PM

ewonderfil, caring. listened to my concerns, was very forthright about care needed and side effects. great bedside manner. liked him very nuch!

April 21, 2018 7:00 PM

I did not have to wait long and I thought the Doctor was very good. He knew what medical procedure I needed I have a melanoma on my left leg - I am having it removed 4/25/18 @LGH

Manage health and wellness for yourself and for everyone who counts on you–all in one place. Learn how it works

Safe Care promise