Javeed Akhter, MD

Specialty: Pediatric PulmonologyAllergy and ImmunologyPediatric Allergy and Immunology

Your health and safety is our top priority. Get COVID-19 info, vaccine news and see our limited-visitor policy.

Javeed Akhter, MD

Tower 2 - Suite 107

Downers Grove, IL 60515

Office: 708-684-5437

Fax: 708-684-2045

Meet Javeed Akhter, MD

• Urdu
  • Airway ProblemsAllergic DisordersAllergic RhinitisAsthmaAsthma - Exercise InducedBreathing ProblemsBronchial ChallengedBronchitisBronchopulmonary DysplasiaBronchoscopyChronic CoughCystic FibrosisFood AllergiesHay FeverImmune Deficiency DisordersInfant CarePediatric AllergyPediatric Allergy and ImmunologyPulmonary DiseasePulmonary Function TestRespiratory DisordersRhinologySinus Treatment/DisordersSinusitisSkin AllergiesSkin TestingSleep DisordersSpirometry

• Nilofer Hospital (India)
  • University Of Chicago, Wyler Childrens' Hospital
  • Cook County Hospital
  • Gandhi Medical College Osmania University
  • Gandhi Medical College Osmania University

• Pediatric Pulmonology

• Advocate Children's Hospital - Oak Lawn
  • Advocate Christ Medical Center
  • Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital

Comments

April 27, 2020 3:29 PM

I love all his doctors and nurses I would not trade them for nothing in the world

March 6, 2020 11:00 PM

Incredibly rude to me. Never asked if I had additional questions or concerns - he just walked out of the room. Talked down to me and was very condescending. I had questions about her lung disease and he walked out of the room before I could ask any.

March 6, 2020 11:00 PM

When he asked about any allergies and I replied yes I have horrible seasonal allergies but I'm hoping it's a good sign that as soon as I became pregnant they disappeared. He told me that is NOT a reason to get pregnant and then he walked out of the room. I had many questions and he just walked out. I had to ask his nurses many questions since he just walked out without any warning.

February 5, 2020 1:27 PM

Dr. Akhler is always very thorough during our visits to his office. He stays on top of my daughter's asthma, ensuring we see him at least one every 3 months. His staff is always friendly.

February 5, 2020 1:27 PM

Great team who I trust with my daughter's care. He's been great since our first encounter when my daughter was hospitalized for the 2nd time. Would recommend him to anyone with a asthmatic child.

January 29, 2020 8:43 PM

The worst part is that I have to call through a call center to make an appointment or talk talk with a nurse. The call center is horrible. They made my appointment for the wrong location. I have had where i had to call back multiple times before I spoke with someone in the office.

January 28, 2020 9:15 AM

We love Dr. Ahktar, he is gotten us a on good path and kept us out of the emergency room.

November 17, 2019 11:00 PM

Dr. was very personable with my child and my child felt at ease.

November 6, 2019 9:32 AM

Dr. Akhter is wonderful! He has helped us find a treatment plan that has kept my son healthy and out of the emergency room for breathing issues. He explains things in a way that parents can understand.

November 6, 2019 9:32 AM

My only concern is long wait time to see the doctor once we arrive for our appointment. The doctor is worth the wait, he is wonderful, but entertaining a toddler in a small waiting room is very stressful on the parents.

October 6, 2019 7:00 PM

he is very patient and knowledgeable!

September 23, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr Akhtar was very pleasant, funny, and thorough. he made jokes although my daughter had a hard time understanding him for the accent, I understood him fine. the dr was very informative and I look forward to seeing him again. the appointment ran longer than usual but it was due to lots of questions and information being exchanged.

September 22, 2019 7:00 PM

the doctor us the best pediatric pulmonary doctor in the area.

July 10, 2019 7:00 PM

Great, thank you.

May 31, 2019 7:00 PM

love Dr Aktar!

May 19, 2019 7:00 PM

we love our provider and he's so sweet with my child.

April 14, 2019 7:00 PM

Front desk check in, woman was busy complaining about not liking the new space.

March 24, 2019 7:00 PM

Doctor & staff were all very helpful.

February 28, 2019 6:00 PM

He's a great doctor!

January 31, 2019 6:00 PM

We had to wait a little while to see him, BUT it was completely worth it. He was amazing with my daughter! I will definitely recommend.

January 28, 2019 6:00 PM

Dr Achtar was very dismissive. Everytime I spoke, he would interrupt me. Everytime I mentioned something he brushed it off. When I told him the primary reason for us to be there he said he was no big deal. so, the other 7/8 drs we've seen are all crazy?! he ordered bloodwork just to appease me and then said if results are fine we are done. when inquiring about her GI drs, I mentioned she sees X the NP at the GI office down the street from Hope on 95th. he said he knew the office and said so you don't see an actual physician. I said X was wonderful and just as qualified. he said so like I said you don't see an actual dr. I was stunned and from then on took no interest in the apt. he made it very clear he had no interest in my daughters well being and all concerns brought by other drs, he just thought we outlandish and unnecessary. I will never see him again or recommend anyone to him. completely rude and Terrible bedside manner!!!

Dr Akhtar is very thorough and involved in our sons care. He office staff is nice. His nurse, X goes above and beyond to help families like ours. She worked so hard and long to get us to this point. Thankful for all they have done

He is a very helpful doctor. He knows what I need and is very respectful.

My experiences with my provider are always satisfactory.

January 18, 2019 6:00 PM

We love Dr. Akhter and his staff. My daughter loves going to see him. He is so great with the kids and is a awesome doctor.

November 12, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. is always great. Answers any questions and my child is always at comfortable at the appointments.

November 11, 2018 6:00 PM

Everyone at the CF clinic is caring and not only has X's best interest in mind but ours as well.

November 10, 2018 6:00 PM

Initially I was disappointed with the HOUR wait time. I made an appointment for 1:45pm. As we were checking in just before 1:45pm, out physician was walking in from a lunch break maybe. We waited in the waiting area/exam room and the doctor did not enter until 2:45 exactly. That is ridiculous!!!! I was on time, I expect the Doctor to be on time as well. A 1 hour wait for a scheduled appointment is unacceptable! My time is just as important as anyone elses!

October 8, 2018 7:00 PM

We absolutely adore this provider. He has a special way of putting us at ease whenever it comes to our daughter's health.

October 7, 2018 7:00 PM

we waited for an hour in the office for the doctor. We waited an hour in the waiting room to be called for our appointment. When we were finally called to the room, the nurse taking vitals, knew nothing about our child and had no idea his history, even though he has chronic heart and lung disease. The way she leaned against the counter going so slow even after we had waited an hour, was a little bothersome. Also, before coming into the room, the doctor should have looked at our son's x-ray from his discharge from his heart surgery. Everyone just seemed very slow and no urgency or being apologetic for running so far behind.

October 7, 2018 7:00 PM

We greatly appreciate Dr. Akter and my daughter has been seeing him since she was 3. He's a great doctor and I thank him for all he does to make sure that my daughter's health is continuing to improve. Thank you!!

September 30, 2018 7:00 PM

The visit took longer than usual, but besides that it was a positive experience. As always, Dr. Akhter made my child comfortable, was very thorough, answered all my questions.

September 3, 2018 7:00 PM

This provider came recommended and I am very pleased with this provider.

May 14, 2018 7:00 PM

Everyone has been pleasant and very helpful since our son has been diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis. They have helped my husband and I to remain positive and hopeful for all the research that has been done.

March 1, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. Akhter is grat with my son, can be a little short with me when I make comments or ask questions.

February 16, 2018 6:00 PM

Every visit was great and you got down to the bottom of the problem, thank you so much!

February 12, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. Akhter is loved by my kids. He is always very informative & talks to my kids about their condition. I love how he includes them in their care.

January 7, 2018 6:00 PM

I appreciate the doctor trying to break the ice with my son and make jokes, but my son just didn't get them. Jokes and banter felt forced, uncomfortable and awkward. Doctor seemed knowledgable and pleasant enough.

COVID-19

Vaccine Update

We’re vaccinating anyone in Illinois and Wisconsin who’s 16 and older – whether you’re our patient or not – with the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines. We’ve paused use of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. See why.

#IGOTMINE