Heidi C. Memmel Mitidiero, MD

Specialty: General Surgery

Your health and safety is our top priority. Get COVID-19 info & vaccine information and see our visitor policy.

Heidi C. Memmel Mitidiero, MD

Specialty: General Surgery

Advocate Medical Group

1700 Luther Lane

Breast Center - 3rd Floor

Park Ridge, IL 60068

Office: 847-723-3100

Fax: 847-723-3266

Meet Heidi C. Memmel Mitidiero, MD

• German
  • Breast Surgery
  • Benign (Non-Cancer) Breast DiseaseBreastBreast CancerBreast Cancer Diagnosis and Follow Up CareBreast Cancer Risk Reduction SurgeryBreast Conserving SurgeryBreast SurgeonCyberknife Sterotactic Radiation for Breast CancerHidden Scar SurgeryHigh Risk Breast Cancer Genetic CounselingHigh Risk of Breast Cancer ClinicIntraoperative Radiation TherapyNipple Sparing SurgeryOncoplastic Breast SurgerySecond Opinion Multidisciplinary Cancer ClinicSentinel Lymph Node BiopsySpecializes in Breast Cancer Surgery

• Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Breast Surgery
  • University of Illinois Chicago, Metropolitan Group Hospitals, General Surgery
  • Northwestern University Medical School

• General Surgery

• Advocate Condell Medical Center
  • Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital
  • Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital
  • Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center

Comments

July 29, 2020 1:00 PM

I am grateful for Dr. Memmel's expertise, compassion and demeanor. Thank you!

July 29, 2020 1:00 PM

Every person at the Breast Center was kind and efficient. I am blessed to have them overseeing my care during this time.

July 18, 2020 1:45 PM

The nurses went over and beyond their duties to help with all the problems I had with what should have been a simple biopsy and I commend them for helping me with all the complications that occurred. particularly a nurse named Susan.

July 13, 2020 5:32 PM

Everyone on the team was great and put me at ease.

July 13, 2020 5:32 PM

Everyone who helped with my treatment/procedure that afternoon at the breast center was awesome!

July 13, 2020 3:32 PM

Very happy with the service provided, the nurses and staff have been helpful.

July 11, 2020 8:38 AM

Dr. Memmel is a good surgeon and is giving me good care.

June 24, 2020 3:20 PM

I'm very satisfied with the Advocate Medical Group and network of doctors.

June 19, 2020 11:47 AM

Thank you for prompt dr. care & feedback.

June 19, 2020 10:03 AM

Dr. Memmel was wonderful & very thorough!

June 17, 2020 12:24 PM

Dr. Memmel is the best. Her nurses are very caring and so kind. I appreciate her staff and everyone in her office. They all are the best!!

June 9, 2020 3:41 PM

I have met with Dr Heidi Memmel before and found her to be empathic, knowledgeable and a good listener.

June 9, 2020 3:41 PM

Dr Memmel addressed my concerns and provided a level of comfort during a stressful diagnosis. I have already recommended her to several friends.

June 1, 2020 8:19 PM

I was very pleased with my overall experience and have only positive things to say. all of the nurses, technicians, and doctors I came in contact with were kind, caring, supportive, and they provided clear explanations throughout.

June 1, 2020 1:27 PM

The only negative is the long wait time for any appointment I have with Dr. Memmel. However, when I do have my time with her, I never feel rushed.

May 20, 2020 10:58 AM

Dr. Memmel is a fantastic doctor. She is very knowledgeable and kind at the same time. I have recommended her to four people who had breast issues. Everyone of them were very happy with her. She is an asset to have her in the Advocate Medical Group.

May 16, 2020 1:26 PM

excellent

May 8, 2020 12:00 AM

My only complaint about my visit was I waited in the lobby for over an hour an half. No one at the front desk said anything. The nurse that saw me in the room apologized for the wait.

April 17, 2020 12:00 AM

Dr. Memmel is an absolutely wonderful physician, very caring and listens well. Answers any and all my questions so I can understand.

April 11, 2020 8:35 AM

My complete experience at the Breast Center was excellent. I was having biopsies due to an abnormal mammogram. The center is very clean, the operation organized, and the staff friendly and professional. While it was a stressful situation, everyone I encountered eased my stress with their attention and confidence. Great job! I understand that a woman by the name of X manages the office. She is a great asset to you.

March 30, 2020 12:44 PM

I am very grateful for the surgery that Dr. Memmel did on me in August 2019 and for every single health care person who cared for me.

March 27, 2020 12:00 AM

Awesome doctors, awesome hospital!

March 20, 2020 6:15 AM

I felt very comfortable and confident in her knowledge and concern for me and my problem.

March 20, 2020 6:15 AM

The whole team was excellent and helpful.

March 11, 2020 8:00 PM

My only issue was with the wait time for my appointment. I came to the visit on time and checked in at the kiosk electronically. However, my wait time was at least 45 minutes because the receptionist was not aware that I was present and my name was never called. It turns out that the electronic check-in did not register properly with the front desk. Once the error was discovered, I was immediately accommodated and the staff members I came in contact with that day were excellent.

March 9, 2020 10:14 AM

The annoying part is with the check in process. Front desk professional/friendly. Check in people (ID/INSURANCE) slow/could be more friendly/professional (I'm not a number or $.) Nurses & doctors professional.

March 9, 2020 10:14 AM

Explain what is happening in an easy to understand way. Doctor takes time with me without being distracted. That gives confidence in what needs to happen to take care of issue.

March 8, 2020 3:21 PM

On February XX th I was at the Lutheran Breast Center for a breast biopsy. My appointment was at 10 am and I reached there at 9:40 am. I was called in side the pre procedural room around 10:15 and the intake was done on time. The doctor came in about 11:15 am and I just told her my appointment was at 10 am and all of a sudden her face turned into very angry mode. She told me if I want I can leave and come back another day. I told her why would I do that and she apologized several times in an angry tone. Also she said if I want she can call the manager, I told her let's not go that far to make this situation difficult. I told her that I am a nurse and I understand situations. All I did was verbalizing my feelings to her. I tried to end the visit as a pleasant one and smiled at her while she was exiting the room, but I noticed that her face was still in an angry mode.I ended up talking to the manager about the whole situation and left. The only reason I am doing this survey is to let the administration know that any patient even if they are a health professional or a lay man, when they are coming for a biopsy they have lot of anxiety. They would be thinking all possible situations of what if the biopsy is positive. So it is the responsibility of the staff and the doctor to reduce the patient's anxiety and to make the experience as a pleasant one. Instead I had a horrible experience. I wish this is not repeated to any of the Patients in the future.Thank you

March 7, 2020 1:26 PM

very good

June 25, 2018 7:00 PM

Everyone I saw was friendly and very helpful. The only complaint I have was that wait times were very long.

June 7, 2018 7:00 PM

Reception staff are like robots & registration woman was emotionless!!

May 21, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Memmil is excellent. She explained everything thoroughly. I am so happy that she is my doctor. She made me feel very comfortable and I am completely at ease in her care.

May 17, 2018 7:00 PM

Excellent very good way of explaining very courteous and very nice easy to understand your point of view.

May 13, 2018 7:00 PM

She is very professional, understanding, compassionate and thoughtful doctor. She spent enough time with me and answer my questions and concerns.

May 6, 2018 7:00 PM

she was wonderful explained everything made it clear.

April 29, 2018 7:00 PM

I am extremely lucky to have such a kind, compassionate, talented surgeon and her staff. Not only did Dr. Memmel take the time to explain things to me, she wrote everything down clearly and thoroughly. I have the utmost trust in this doctor and her staff. Thank you for your excellent care during my health issue.

Your health and safety is our highest priority at every step of the journey with us. See what to expect