Haydee Cantu-Manley, MD

Specialty: Family Medicine

Your health and safety is our top priority. Get COVID-19 info, vaccine news and see our no-visitor policy.

Favia Primary Care, SC

241 Commerce Drive

Crystal Lake, IL 60014

Office: 815-524-2200

Fax: 815-524-2206

Meet Haydee Cantu-Manley, MD

• Gender:
  • Primary area of focus: Family Medicine

• Residency: Advocate Lutheran General Hospital, Family Medicine
  • Medical School: University of Illinois College of Medicine

• Advocate Good Shepherd Hospital

• Aetna Choice POS
  • Aetna Choice POS II
  • Aetna Elect Choice HMO (includes Aetna Health Funds)
  • Aetna Health Network Only
  • Aetna Health Network Option
  • Aetna Managed Choice Open Access PPO
  • Aetna Medicare Explorer Value PPO
  • Aetna Medicare Open Access HMO
  • Aetna Medicare Open Access POS
  • Aetna Medicare Premier Plus PPO
  • Aetna Medicare Standard Plan EPO
  • Aetna National Advantage Program (NAP) PPO
  • Aetna Open Access Aetna Select
  • Aetna Open Access Elect Choice (includes Aetna Health Funds)
  • Aetna Open Access HMO
  • United Healthcare Choice Select HMO
  • United Healthcare Group Retirees
  • United Healthcare HDHP Definity Basics PPO
  • United Healthcare Medicare Advantage Medicare Solutions PPO
  • United Healthcare Navigate POS
  • United Healthcare Select Plus POS

Comments

March 29, 2020 4:13 AM

I felt as if all my questions were answered fully. I did not have a long wait and did not feel like I was being rushed out or wasting the doctor's time. She was also very informative and knowledgeable.

January 16, 2020 11:31 AM

This visit was excellent and I have a very comfortable relationship with Dr. Cantu. I trust her and will continue with her.

January 16, 2020 11:31 AM

The bad experience that I had was trying to get the orders for my blood work tests set up. I had messaged on the Advocate system to Dr. Cantu, and called a couple of times as the order had not been put through, and these were to be done before my visit so we could discuss the results. The request for the blood work orders was not making it to Dr. Cantu until my second phone call and complaint. It's not fun going to the lab and finding that the orders are not there.

January 13, 2020 5:05 PM

Dr Cantu is the best. We will be following her to her new office.

January 13, 2020 5:05 PM

My husband was having trouble getting the lab orders so he could have his blood tests and PSA all at the same time (one stick). The office was not very helpful in dealing with this and Dr Cantu did not get the message he had sent to her.

January 10, 2020 5:09 PM

long wait time to be seen

December 27, 2019 12:31 PM

Very very good. My dr. explained lots time. She is very good listen to our health issues.

December 27, 2019 12:31 PM

No bad experience at all.

December 14, 2019 2:03 PM

she is very thorough

December 14, 2019 2:03 PM

very good

November 27, 2019 9:29 AM

Love Dr. Cantu! I feel I can easily talk to her and that she listens. Best doctor I've had. We talked about my options and was very considerate and helpful in deciding what to do.

November 25, 2019 10:57 PM

Haven't had any issues with Dr Cantu, she always makes sure to ask if there's anything else that needs attention or if I have any questions. She seems to genuinely enjoy her job and cares about the patients needs.

November 23, 2019 10:01 AM

The nurse or technician that first saw me was very helpful. Dr. Cantu listen to my needs.

November 23, 2019 10:01 AM

My experience was good!

November 23, 2019 5:57 AM

the doctor was great. very nice and easy to talk with. she spent time listening to my problem and trying to help. I would recommend her to anyone.

November 21, 2019 11:21 AM

Very generic, not thorough, DIDN'T even look in my mouth, eyes, feel my abdomen, check prostate, examine skin, basic stuff.

November 17, 2019 11:00 PM

The doctor was great. Great listener and very caring and spends lots of time. I have a problem with the office people though because they never call back with results They also do not let you speak with the doctor when you asked. They took two weeks to even provide my pharmacy an alternate prescription When my pharmacy called them saying that the one that doctor recommended was not available. I also have a big problem listen to the after hours voice message that says that you may have to pay if you speak with the doctor after hours. It is a scare tactic and it could prevent someone who really needs help from calling . We should be able to speak with a doctor on call if we feel it is needed with no fear of being charged! I've never had this threatening message and greedy policy at other doctors .

November 17, 2019 11:00 PM

Love the doctor but the office staff needs improvement and they need to follow up quickly and properly with test results and RX requests and also let you speak with the doctor at no charge if needed.

November 15, 2019 11:00 PM

Dr Cantu is just an absolute professional with an incredible manner!!

November 13, 2019 11:00 PM

While she ordered blood work and someone called with results, there was no follow-up on next steps. Situation is still the same with no resolution. I am not better and am frustrated. There were no next steps.

November 13, 2019 11:00 PM

Love my physician, her associate X & all the staff at this location.

November 11, 2019 3:18 PM

My experience with my provider is excellent! She is the BEST!

November 11, 2019 3:18 PM

My experience with my provider is excellent! She is the BEST!

November 11, 2019 9:29 AM

Dr. Cantu is the best!

November 7, 2019 11:00 PM

Very caring physician. She is always upbeat.

November 7, 2019 12:35 AM

Dr Cantu was extremely knowledgeable and helpful.

October 28, 2019 7:00 PM

This last time the Doctor I did like. Other's I have not. Feel rushed.

October 28, 2019 7:00 PM

Really liked Dr. Cantu and her approach.

October 27, 2019 7:00 PM

she was very nice and friendly.

October 22, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Cantu is the BEST doctor.

October 5, 2019 7:00 PM

She is very accommodating as well as the nurse. Dr. Cantu listens and really takes time explaining her diagnosis. Great thing about her is she made a follow up call to ensure and monitor my treatment and progress. Excellent Doctor!

September 22, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Cantu is better tjan I expected. Dr X was nice but always in a rush. I believe Dr Cantu truly cares.

July 28, 2019 7:00 PM

I came in to the "walk in clinic with a sore throat and productive cough. never saw this doctor before butshe was very good and thorough.

July 26, 2019 7:00 PM

Always respectful and comfortable to talk to. My wife and children see this doctor as well.

July 19, 2019 7:00 PM

good listener , caring

July 18, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Cantu asked to see her 2x a year. My neurologist (for MS) sees me 2x a year. I feel I'm in excellent care w/both of them.

July 15, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Cantu is awesome!

July 15, 2019 7:00 PM

This provider was very helpful and was excellent in answering my questions. Problem solved.

July 14, 2019 7:00 PM

I did the early walk in. arrived at 7:01 and was taken back in less than 10 minutes. The girls at the front desk were very pleasant and helpful. I was seen by Haydee Cantu. She was so great. listened to what I had to say and took great care of me. Explained and answered all my questions.

July 12, 2019 7:00 PM

I always feel comfortable going to my appts. with Dr. Cantu. I know she will take the time to answer any questions I have, ask important questions I may not have thought of, and offer smart solutions or advice. I appreciate that she considers both easier things like changing lifestyle and making sure your foods are providing necessary vitamins as well as medications when necessary. I already have recommended her to friends.

July 10, 2019 7:00 PM

I absolutely love this doctor & her staff. Extremely pleasant, understanding & always willing to answer any questions. I've NEVER said this about a dr. before. I hope she never leaves!

June 28, 2019 7:00 PM

excellent right from walking in the door.

June 25, 2019 7:00 PM

I love Dr Cantu. she listens thoroughly and answers questions in depth. I find her ideas about my care to be appropriate and I don't feel she prescribes

June 19, 2019 7:00 PM

Excellent annual wellness visit.

June 19, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Cantu was knowledgeable and concerned about me as a patient and person.

June 12, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Cantu is an excellent doctor.

May 21, 2019 7:00 PM

Excellent provider that I have had! Comfortable being able to speak to the provider in my language!

May 20, 2019 7:00 PM

great doctor. very knowledgeable and kind.

May 19, 2019 7:00 PM

I love Dr.Cantu. she is very good. she listens to you and does not judge you. she is very down to earth. she makes you feel good about yourself . I never had a bad experience when seeing her.

May 19, 2019 7:00 PM

This provider is not as responsive as I would prefer

April 28, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Cantu is absolutely wonderful! she listens, she explains and she is able to connect with me. I finally enjoy going to the doctors!

April 21, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Cantu is kind, knowledgeable and responsive to my needs.

April 15, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Cantu is very thorough; helpful & very easy to talk to -

April 7, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Cantu was very good.

March 15, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr.Cantu is one of the best doctors I have met. She actually listened to what I had to say and did not rush me out of the office like other doctors. I'm so glad that i finally found a doctor that I can trust.

March 1, 2019 6:00 PM

I absolutely love seeing Dr. Cantu. She understands my concerns and explains everything in a way I can understand. I feel I have finally found a provider that has a great personality and is very personable with care.

February 24, 2019 6:00 PM

Dr. Cantu is/was professional, knowledgeable, empathetic, and very energetic. Dr. Cantu was very prompt in diagnosing health issue and provides comprehensive options to resolve.

February 5, 2019 6:00 PM

it was great and managed to see a dr without an appointment thank you

February 4, 2019 6:00 PM

Dr. Cantu was thorough and courteous with her diagnosis. I appreciate her care and consideration.

February 4, 2019 6:00 PM

Dr. Cantu was extremely friendly and knowledgeable. She listened carefully to me and helped not only with diagnosing my sinus infection but helped with my ear problem as well. I would most definitely recommend her.

January 31, 2019 6:00 PM

very good

January 30, 2019 6:00 PM

For the care both myself and my children receive, who also see Dr. Cantu, it is always a 10 out of 10. Dr. Cantu has our questions answered before we even ask and she always has a positive demeanor which makes it easy to discuss certain things with her. Very grateful to have her as my family's doctor.

Excellent.

January 25, 2019 6:00 PM

dr Cantu is very warm and inviting she listens to me and understands my concerns and doesn't push anything on me. I really like her

January 25, 2019 6:00 PM

I used to see Dr X and was disappointed when he left but I saw Dr Cantu and she's fantastic!!

First time I've seen this Doctor and was very satisfied with her.

I had never seen Dr. Cantu before. I was very pleased with her. She listened to me, asked appropriate questions and respected my thoughts and opinions.

January 13, 2019 6:00 PM

it was amazing!!!

January 13, 2019 6:00 PM

Always feel that the doctors listen to me and provide good advice.

December 3, 2018 6:00 PM

My experience was nothing but great from when I called the office to make an appointment . I got checked in quickly there was not a long waiting time . Every thing was very thuro from my check in once I got in the room . Once Dr Cantu came she was very nice and thuro with explaining in detail and the steps that needed to be taken in depth making it easy to understand . Excellent experience keep ! it up .

December 2, 2018 6:00 PM

very nice and polite. Loved that she went over my blood text results and explained them to me!!

November 26, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr Cantu is great, not thrilled with the rest of the office however.

November 18, 2018 6:00 PM

it was the best experience ! I am looking forward to recommending this provider to many people ! Haydee was very helpful and caring !

November 12, 2018 6:00 PM

as this was my first time seeing this provider she was very happy, listened to me and my concerns...I was happy with her.

October 29, 2018 7:00 PM

The doctor seemed personable, knowledgeable and friendly.

October 22, 2018 7:00 PM

Very professional and answered all of my questions

October 21, 2018 7:00 PM

I showed up early to my appointment & I was greeted immediately. After I finished my paperwork I was see within 2 minutes. Everyone was friendly & knowledgable.

October 21, 2018 7:00 PM

My first visit to Dr. Cantu was a very positive experience. I appreciated the extended conversation about possible causes of my UTI symptoms

October 15, 2018 7:00 PM

Cantu was great. She spent time with me and was helpful. This is the first time I have had her as Dr. X is out with a broken hip. I have been very happy with this office.

October 15, 2018 7:00 PM

I thought Dr. Cantu was very engaging and attentive to my needs and concerns.

October 12, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Cantu is very thorough and informative. she listens to the problems then tackles the solution.

October 1, 2018 7:00 PM

It was my first visit and I was very happy.

September 25, 2018 7:00 PM

She was great.

September 12, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Cantu was really kind it felt like she cared. Thank you!

September 9, 2018 7:00 PM

I really enjoyed my visit with Dr. Cantu- Manley. She was very patient, knowledgeable and referred me to the specialist. I would definitely love to have her again as my doctor.

September 2, 2018 7:00 PM

awesome doc--really respects patients

September 2, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Haydee Cantu is very thorough and keeps me well informed of what is going on and why.

August 31, 2018 7:00 PM

extremely happy with the doctor and nurse. receptionist were very short and not to friendly. very disappointed in the time it took to get lab results back. I called 3 times before the nurse called back with results, each time person answering the call said the results were back but needed to be signed off and would call me.

August 6, 2018 7:00 PM

The only problem I had was with a blood draw. After trying to get blood for 3 times with no success, I finally asked if I could go to another facility in town that specialized in drawing blood. I know from past experience that it isn't me; it's the person drawing the blood.

July 27, 2018 7:00 PM

doctor is very easy to talk to on any subject

July 26, 2018 7:00 PM

I have had a good relationship with Dr. Cantu and have elected to stay with her even though she has opened her practice about 25 miles away from my home. My wife has also elected to see her and shows confidence in her.

July 24, 2018 7:00 PM

this is why I drive an hour to see this office I live in a different state. that's how much I respect this office and it's dr and care providers.

July 22, 2018 7:00 PM

We first met Dr. Cantu when she was finishing her medical education. We have followed her to her new job in Algonquin. Make sure that her name is listed on the drop down box when we want to leave a message for her on the portal!!! I don't want to bother Dr. X!!!