Ghanshyam S. Thakkar, MD

Specialty: Obstetrics & Gynecology

Use our symptom checker if you think you’ve been exposed to COVID-19 or have symptoms. Stay up to date with our Resource Center.

No-Visitor Policy

To keep our patients and team members safe, no visitors, with few exceptions, will be allowed until further notice. This is a proactive measure to reduce the spread of COVID-19.

Ghanshyam S. Thakkar, MD

• Residency: Boston City Hospital
  • Residency: Cook County Hospital
  • Internship: Louis A Weiss Memorial Hospital
  • Medical School: B.J. Medical College

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center

Comments

July 20, 2020 1:47 PM

he is well expierienced and coping well all patients.

July 20, 2020 1:47 PM

my both pregnancies handled by dr thakkar and i am very thankfull for him that he took care of me very beautifully .i always be gratefull to him.

July 11, 2020 9:13 AM

Dr. Thakkar made me feel very comfortable. He is easy to talk to and very funny.

July 11, 2020 9:13 AM

I HATE going to the gynecologist because I'm obese but Dr. Thakkar makes me feel very comfortable. He is, indeed, an AWESOME doctor.

July 1, 2020 9:02 AM

I went for a COVID-19 test - got a call about 3 or 4 days later - it was negative. She was very nice.

July 1, 2020 9:02 AM

Good experience -

June 17, 2020 1:24 PM

I have never had a problem on each visit all are nice and respectful.

June 17, 2020 1:24 PM

It is a very good health center and I will definitely recommend other women since it is a health center where I've had my second pregnancy and I have never heard any complaints about the health providers that work there.

April 14, 2020 9:32 AM

I have always had a very good experience. They have helped me every time I have needed.

January 25, 2020 8:36 AM

love the staff

December 27, 2019 10:26 AM

I liked this doctor - good manner.

November 19, 2019 6:34 AM

Always the best!!! Love this provider!!

November 19, 2019 6:34 AM

I have been a patient for over 15 years I travel a very far distance to see my doctor and with the care I receive always I wouldn't have it any other way!!

November 17, 2019 11:00 PM

good

November 8, 2019 11:00 PM

My Experience with Dr.Thakar is always a pleasant one. He is the reason for me to come to Advocate health care. My insurance doesn't fully cover my care, but I am willing to pay out of pocket because of his excellent care.

September 15, 2019 7:00 PM

I love Dr Thakkar. he is the best in this profession

August 25, 2019 7:00 PM

It was a fresh breath of air to visit this office. Setting up an appointment was seamless, and it was easy to come in early on a Friday morning to get my annual pap taken care of. It took 10 minutes for me to give the nurse my medical background prior to the doctor coming in to see me. Doctor was nice and super knowledgeable. A nurse/shadow/intern was also with the doctor, she was very accommodating to my needs. Great ob-gyn experience!

August 21, 2019 7:00 PM

great

June 26, 2019 7:00 PM

I have been with him during 7 years, I have liked the professionalism, operated on me, gave me tranquility and did so very well.

June 25, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. G. Thakkar is awesome! I've been seeing him for 25 years. he is professional, kind, great listener and very patient. I am very blessed to call him my doctor.

May 29, 2019 7:00 PM

I have been seeing Dr. Thakkar for over 20 years. He has attended me for various health persons & yearly ck. ups. He also attended my daughter for many years and I recommend a lot of friends to see him. He is a very caring and knowledgeable doctor!

April 26, 2019 7:00 PM

dr. thakkar is the best! funny, caring and makes you feel comfortable! best doctor out there!

March 24, 2019 7:00 PM

The provider was really good.

Dr. Thakkar explained everything in depth; Dr. Thakkar is a very caring Dr. who is sensitive towards his patients.

Overall a positive experience; I just wish the doctor listened carefully to what I was telling him about my body.

November 19, 2018 6:00 PM

Good.

November 18, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr Thakkar is the best gyn doctor!! He is always there for me!! I really love him and appreciate everything he does for me.

October 29, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Thakkar was dismissive of my future wishes about having children. He never asked about my sexual history, if i was straight, gay, etc., if I'm currently in a relationship, or any of my medical history. When I shared that my partner and I discussed adopting and were very serious about that choice, he scoffed and made an off-hand comment about how babies are business for him. He followed that by suggesting that I'm looking to have children in the next couple years, to which I replied 5-10 years, which incurred another scoff. I came into this appointment open minded about having a male OBGYN, but Dr. Thakkar has completely taken that off the table for me in the future. My appointment felt rushed and I was insulted at the lack of inquisition he took into my health, my wishes for children, and that this is just business for him. As he walked out, in the middle of closing the door, he said to talk to my PCP about diet and exercise, and then shut the door behind him. As a recovered bulimic, this was an incredibly triggering comment. The lack of care or emotion in was jarring as he said it while the door was closing, not giving me the chance to comment about my medical history, especially given that he never asked about it. I have told many close friends and family about this horrible experience in the hopes that they do not end up with this doctor, or anyone they know. I hope that this survey and my above comments bring some kind of light to the kind of practitioner that Dr. Thakkar is, because no woman should ever endure such a dismissive OBGYN visit...

October 13, 2018 7:00 PM

THE BEST.

September 28, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Thakkar is an excellent doctor. He is always caring and always willing to help no matter what. He respects everyone and is always giving the best medical advice.

September 16, 2018 7:00 PM

very good doctor

September 14, 2018 7:00 PM

I always have a great experience with him. He is the best doctor I have ever had.

September 12, 2018 7:00 PM

This provider good and nice talk by my health really nice provider.

September 6, 2018 7:00 PM

Provider gave a good help for me. Thank you!

August 3, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Thakkar is the best doctor ever he really knows what he is doing

July 22, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr Thakkar is and forever will be an amazing provider . His staff is amazing and are awesome at their job. I feel very confidant and safe with him as my doctor.

May 19, 2018 7:00 PM

He is a wonderful provider, who knows his job very very well. He is also very friendly with is patient, caring and hard working.

April 24, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Thakkar has always been there for me. He's the best. He's very kind, supportive and I will always go to him for all my medical needs.

April 23, 2018 7:00 PM

dr. Thakkar is the excellent doctor. I know him since Swedish.

April 19, 2018 7:00 PM

I was treated extremely well. This provider was patient with me, and provided all the answers I asked. I would highly recommend him to my friends and family.

April 16, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Thakkar, is one of the best in his field. I travel over an hour to see him and will continue to do so. I have recommended my friends and family to Dr Thakkar. Both his wonderful staff and the doctor are a pleasure to work with. Thank you for your hard work and dedication to your patients.

March 2, 2018 6:00 PM

I am 24 years old and I have never had a male doctor. I moved to Chicago and Dr. Thakkar was the only doctor available. He made my first visit so comfortable and he is the sweetest. He answered all of my questions and he never rushes me. he's amazing and I will continue to go to him for everything.

January 21, 2018 6:00 PM

amazing doctor

December 29, 2017 6:00 PM

My experience with Dr. Thakkar by far has been the best. He answers all of my questions and makes sure I understand everything thats been going on with my pregnancy. Definitely the best provider therfore I trust and know he will always advice the best for myself and my pregnancy.

December 29, 2017 6:00 PM