Frank A. Vicari, MD

2nd Floor

Wilmette, IL 60091

Office: 847-318-9330

Fax: 847-723-9441

Meet Frank A. Vicari, MD

• Gender:
  • Clinical interests: Cleft Lip PalateCongenital DeformitiesCongenital Hand SurgeryCraniofacial SurgeryCraniosynostosisEar AnomaliesEndoscopic SurgeryFacail Nerve PalsyFacial Skeletal Growth DisordersFacial TraumaFoot AnomaliesGiant Birth MarksHand AnomaliesLaser SurgeryPediatric Plastic Craniofacial SurgeryPediatric Plastic SurgeryPediatric Skin/Soft Tissue Lesions
  • Related website: www.advocatechildrenshospital.com/ach-plastic-surgery

• Fellowship: University Of Toronto; Pediatric Surgery-Plastic/Craniofacial
  • Fellowship: Children's Memorial Hospital; Pediatric Surgery-Plastic/Craniofacial
  • Residency: Loyola University Stritch School Of Medicine
  • Internship: Loyola University Stritch School Of Medicine; General Surgery
  • Medical School: Loyola University Stritch School Of Medicine

• Plastic Surgery

• Advocate Children's Hospital - Park Ridge
  • Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital
  • Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center

Comments

July 25, 2020 6:07 AM

Dr. Frank Vicari is an excellent doctor, who always listens to my concerns and takes the time to answer all my questions. Excellent bedside manners.

April 22, 2020 8:00 AM

Excellent service overall!!

April 17, 2020 12:00 AM

I liked it because they always attend you with great respect and they do their job very well.

April 17, 2020 12:00 AM

All good.

February 24, 2020 4:27 PM

waited an hour in the exam room before being seen by Dr. vicari. we understand things may happen to delay appointments but communication from staff about it would be appreciated especially when the appt is for a young child.

February 1, 2020 8:54 AM

Dr. Vicari is an amazing surgeon and also a great person who cares about his patients and treats them like family. He also took care of our daughter a year ago, after an accident. I cannot say enough about him, his care and his excellent surgical skills! His team of nurses and X who arranges his surgical appointments have been fantastic!

October 2, 2019 7:00 PM

I had a fantastic experience with the providers and all the nurses. I will definitely be recommending them to everyone I know.

September 15, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr Vicari is excellent.scheduling and billing staff kept on making mistakes. we had to come more than necessary, take additional time off.

September 15, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr Vicari and his team are without equals in our personal experiences with pediatric plastic surgery. Dr Vicari's knowledge, experience, and bedside manner are unparalleled. His nurse coordinator is quick to respond and eager to help. We have been blessed by having them in our corner.

August 23, 2019 7:00 PM

I had to wait an hour and a half in the provider's office to see this provider which is unacceptable

August 18, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Vicari is excellent but waiting almost two hours to see him is completely unacceptable. I checked in at 1:15 for a 1:20 appointment with my 10 month old baby. We didn't see the doctor until 3:05 and the appointment lasted less than 10 minutes. Sitting in an office with a child who simply wants to crawl around on the ground is very challenging, especially when his regular nap is at 2:00. When we finally met with the doctor, I asked him if he realized we had been waiting since 1:20. he said he has no control over his schedule and that a different team makes his appointments. You simply can't do that to new moms and dads. If he needs more time with patients, you must give it to him. I think he is an excellent doctor but the team has got to be better at staying on schedule.

August 15, 2019 7:00 PM

Great nurses!

July 15, 2019 7:00 PM

I was very disappointed with the fact that we waited 40 min. for the doctor to come in, show me results, type silently on a computer than leave. He was in the room for 3 min. both times we have met with him I left very angry & disappointed with his bedside manner.

June 25, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Vicari and his team were excellent. They listened to my concerns and put me at ease about X's condition and the surgery she needs to correct a lump on her head.

May 20, 2019 7:00 PM

The nurse and Dr. Vicariously were great with my 5 month old.

May 12, 2019 7:00 PM

I loved Dr. Vicari. I absolutely hated and felt uncomfortable with the women who were in the room. I think they were physical therapists. I honestly wanted to yell at them. They made me feel like there were so many things wrong with X. I didn't even want them to take her for the STAR scan but we'd made the trip. Were it not for Dr. Vicari, I would have left.

April 14, 2019 7:00 PM

it was great

February 17, 2019 6:00 PM

We had a very positive experience with Dr. Vicari. He was very kind and took the time to make sure we understood clearly X's condition and treatment options.

December 16, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. Vicari is the best! We feel so lucky to have his expertise.

November 3, 2018 7:00 PM

I would highly recommend Dr. Vicari. He is professional and personable.

September 24, 2018 7:00 PM

Quick and to the point, explained things clearly and demonstrated what he meant.

September 16, 2018 7:00 PM

long wait times

September 10, 2018 7:00 PM

I can't speak highly enough of Dr. Vicari - he was WONDERFUL!!

August 27, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Vicari is an outstanding provider. We have been seeing him for my daughter's _____ cleft care since 3 mo. in 2002. We travel from Texas so _____ done should say it all. You are lucky to have him on _____ Advocate team!

August 15, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Vicari is amazing! We really appreciate for what he did for my son. Will definitely recommend him to other families.

July 19, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Vicari is a great provider - however we had to wait 2 hrs. to see him. That was very difficult having an 11 month old wait that long.

July 17, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Vicari went out of his way to make room for us in his day. We greatly appreciate his expertise & flexibility.

July 10, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Vicari was friendly and worked well with my 15 month old. He seemed very experienced and knowledgeable. He was very observant and was able to assess my daughter rather quickly. He explained things clearly and went into further explanation when I had questions.

June 27, 2018 7:00 PM

The provider showed little interest in examining my baby. He stood about 4 ft. away the entire consultation, with him stepping closer for 5 seconds while he glanced at his head shape.

June 25, 2018 7:00 PM

The wait was long with no updates on why we were waiting. Actual time with the PA/MD was short.

May 27, 2018 7:00 PM

I was frustrated by the wait time when the patient is an infant, & then seen for maybe 5 min. by the dr.

April 30, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Vicari was absolutely amazing! He spent a lot of time with us, answered our questions and gave us extremely helpful suggestions.

March 19, 2018 7:00 PM

This dr. is wonderful. he put us so at ease, and I could not thank him though.

February 21, 2018 6:00 PM

The office waiting room was so crowded. There was nowhere to sit. I had to wait 45 min to see the dr.

February 19, 2018 6:00 PM

Experience with this provider was excellent. We did not discuss reasons to not have surgery because we all know it is required & the best interest of my child to have surgery -

February 2, 2018 6:00 PM

overall, pleased w visit. Would have been nice if I had known upfront that surgery not recommended until after 6 months.

January 30, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. Vicari is the best! We feel so lucky to have been under his care.

January 2, 2018 6:00 PM

excellent excellent doctor god bless you for what you did for my daughter

December 20, 2017 6:00 PM

Great provider, fixed my son's head quickly.

November 22, 2017 6:00 PM

The team was excellent. Frank Vacari answered all of our questions and provided us with so much information.

October 9, 2017 7:00 PM

I would love for Dr. Vicari to have a Naperville location. He was a phenomenal doctor and attentive to my concerns. He was patient, personable, helpful and empathizes with the health matter and put us at ease.

Manage health and wellness for yourself and for everyone who counts on you–all in one place. Learn how it works

Safe Care promise