Dipti Patel, MD

Office: 630-264-8840

Fax: 630-264-8864

Meet Dipti Patel, MD

• Secondary languages: GujaratiHindi
  • Gender:
  • Primary area of focus: Obstetrics and Gynecology
  • Clinical interests: Abnormal PapAbnormal Uterine BleedingAdolescent GynecologyAdvanced Maternal AgeColposcopyContraceptionEndometrial AblationHeavy Menstrual BleedingHigh Risk PregnancyHysterectomyInfertilityLaparoscopic/Minimally Invasive SurgeryMenopauseNatural ChildbirthObesityPelvic PainUterine Fibroids
  • Related website: https://www.advocatehealth.com/amg/

• Illinois Health Connect
  • Imagine Health Smart Care
  • Sunrise Advantage Plan
  • UHC / AARP MedicareComplete (Secure Horizons) HMO
  • United Healthcare Select EPO
  • United Healthcare Select PPO

Comments

July 29, 2020 1:14 PM

I felt like the nurse & dr. were very rushed - spoke incredibly fast & breezed through everything.

July 27, 2020 2:04 PM

Thank you, Dr. Patel, for your compassionate, thorough care, excellent communication, and thoughtful follow-up!

July 27, 2020 2:04 PM

Dr. Patel is truly wonderful! She identified the source of a problem, communicated treatment options and her recommendation, resolved the problem, prescribed an effective treatment, both her staff and the doctor called to follow-up, rather than just posting test results. I highly recommend Dr. Patel to any woman needing medical care.

July 20, 2020 5:22 PM

It was a good first visit to this clinic and I feel confident remaining with this practice throughout my pregnancy.

July 18, 2020 11:57 AM

Dr Patel listens and advised well. came away confident with level of care.

July 18, 2020 11:57 AM

great

July 12, 2020 8:44 AM

She is a wonderful OBGYN! Very sweet and caring! Always courteous and considerate!

July 4, 2020 8:04 PM

Dr Patel removed my IUD but they did not have all the necessary tools and she had to yell out the door for the extra tools. She talked negatively about my alternative therapies that help me and said, "stop wasting your money and go see a real dr." I told her I first started with "her"drs and no one has helped me. I started crying and said I don't know what else to do for my physical and mental pain. She never asked if I needed a counselor. I left feeling like I didn't matter and she had to move on to the next patient. I felt like a number and not a person......very disappointing and sad

July 4, 2020 8:04 PM

July 4, 2020 9:45 AM

I scheduled this appointment with Dr. Patel because my previous doctor left the area. Dr. Patel is by far the best doctor I have seen, in regards to listening to my concerns, helping me through prescription choices and caring about my health and well being.

July 4, 2020 9:45 AM

Dr. Patel explained everything very well, and we got in pretty quickly, and we're only there for 30 minutes.

June 29, 2020 6:53 PM

My doctor is always a pleasure to see- she gives me great recommendations and advice- and listens well!

June 28, 2020 7:29 AM

She was very good and helpful. She asked me if I had questions or concerns. I didn't have questions because I was digesting the information about the need for surgery.

June 22, 2020 2:20 PM

Dr. Patel is an amazing doctor. She explains everything in easy to understand terms. She never rushes the appointment.

June 15, 2020 7:23 PM

My visit with Dr. Petal was great like always. She listens to my concerns and takes her time explaining things. She is very friendly and extremely knowledgeable. I trust her and her medical advice which is very important for me.

May 5, 2020 11:09 AM

Dr Patel seemed very distant and almost cold this visit. In previous visits, she was very welcoming and warm. With this being my first appointment after I found out I was pregnant, I was very put off by the experience that I had. It seemed like I was rushed out of the office and almost a nuisance on being there for my first visit. The ultrasound tech was amazing though!

April 27, 2020 5:46 PM

Dr. Patel is a wonderful doctor. She provides good advice and helped me through infertility issues.

March 28, 2020 7:13 PM

always enjoyable, Dr Patel is efficient and knowledgeable

March 26, 2020 4:15 AM

Dr. Patel is a great conversationalist. She makes me feel very comfortable during my visit. Always explains what she's doing before she does it.

March 23, 2020 2:18 PM

Dr. Patel is always running late. I always get to my appointments on time and wait 15 to 30 mins to see her. I am almost always her first appt. at 8am. How is she always late to her first appt?

March 4, 2020 11:09 AM

All went well during my pregnancy due to great care and support provided by Dr. Dipti Patel's office staff.

March 4, 2020 11:09 AM

Dr. Dipti Patel provided outstanding care and support during my pregnancy. Always answered all my questions with smile and guide through normal delivery. Thank you Dr. Patel.

February 24, 2020 5:36 PM

worst experience I have ever had at the doctors. EVER! the nurse took my blood pressure, but did it incorrectly/ used the bad cuff (her words). the doctor came in and said she wasn't going to fill my birth control, which I have been in for 8 years because my blood pressure is "so high". she said I need to stop having sex. the nurse came back in to take my blood pressure again since I was freaking out, and it was fine. the fact that the doctor didn't have my blood pressure re-evaluated right away, but instead told me I can't be on birth control and I need to stop having sex was truly the most mortifying experience of my life. this doctor definitely needs to be more personable. worst experience EVER. I will NEVER see this doctor again.

February 24, 2020 5:20 PM

always wonderful!

February 15, 2020 6:02 AM

Overall good.

February 15, 2020 6:02 AM

Dr. Patel is new to me. I loved Dr. X and will miss her. Would continue to see Dr. Patel.

February 10, 2020 2:40 PM

Dr. Patel is the best. she is intelligent, caring, and thorough. I've been seeing her for 9 years for my ob/gyn health and I just love her. I have sent friends to see her as well.

January 29, 2020 10:22 AM

She's nice but didn't explain what to do after my procedure. she also didn't enter any notes into my chart about the procedure so I ended up "talking" with her through my chart.

January 20, 2020 7:13 PM

Attentive, caring and smart. Couldn't ask for a better doctor.

January 20, 2020 7:13 PM

Great office and support for Dr. Patel, especially X.

January 20, 2020 6:52 PM

excellent as always

January 20, 2020 6:52 PM

great

January 18, 2020 9:20 AM

great visit!

January 11, 2020 9:54 AM

Dr. Patel and all of the doctors in her practice are wonderful. I could not ask for better support, care, and treatment from their team. Thank you for all that you have done and continue to do to provide excellent care!

January 7, 2020 9:04 PM

thank you Dr. Patel

December 28, 2019 6:00 AM

i feel very comfortable with dr dipti Patel as my doctor. she's thorough and listens to my concerns.

December 16, 2019 8:02 PM

Very good , caring provider.

December 16, 2019 3:48 PM

It was a good visit. She did a good job explaining causes of a miscarriage and put my mind at ease.

December 16, 2019 3:48 PM

I'm not sure who answers the initial call after hours but I have had two poor experiences. When being transferred, that needs to be clearly communicated, especially in a desperate time during pregnancy.

November 22, 2019 8:10 AM

This was my first visit with Dr. Patel. I was very pleased with the visit.

November 18, 2019 7:48 AM

I needed a new OB & dr. & Dr. Patel was great very friendly & inviting. Some of my labs results were in with in a few hours.

November 18, 2019 7:48 AM

Love the facility, very efficient.

November 1, 2019 7:00 PM

The nurse was not very friendly, in and out. The provider seemed rushed- never told me the appointment was complete and just walked out- I sat there in my gown for 5 minutes wondering if anyone was going to come back in- usually they hand me papers to review the appointment. I had concerns going in and the doctor did not hear them out or make any plans for further check up. Need to find a new gynecologist, one that actually cares and is personable.

October 27, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Patel, OB/GYN is the best!

October 27, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. D. Patel seemed rushed today during my visit. Wished she would've addressed my concerns a little more before referring me off.....

October 8, 2019 7:00 PM

explained everything she was doing.

September 27, 2019 7:00 PM

very good

September 23, 2019 7:00 PM

My experience with Dr.Dipti Patel is ALWAYS a very positive, informative time!

September 16, 2019 7:00 PM

I felt the appointment was very rushed. she was very pushy with the questions she asked me, I never had that experience with her before. I was very emotional and she did not seem to care.

September 13, 2019 7:00 PM

I found Dr. Patel very caring about my health, and very personable.

August 25, 2019 7:00 PM

I had a very good visit with Dr. Patel. We discussed all the things I wanted to talk and ask about and she also made sure a new prescription was given to me.

August 18, 2019 7:00 PM

very good first visit

July 26, 2019 7:00 PM

I came in complaining of abdominal pain. the doctor came in did a quick exam and suggested I have an ultrasound done. I had it done and waited for results. on Tuesday I was called and told a cyst was seen and I should schedule for another ultrasound in six weeks. I told the nurse my pain was increasing and I had a discharge. I was told she would talk to the doctor and call me back. 3 DAYS passed before I heard anything. this nurse called saying the doctor wanted me to schedule to discuss the results of my test and new symptoms. I was highly irritated. first I'm approached in a dismissive manner telling me to schedule something in six weeks, now you want to talk? highly unprofessional. I feel like this doctor really doesn't have the time to take on new patients especially when you have nurses calling to give me different messages. I will not be back to this doctor.

July 21, 2019 7:00 PM

Absolutely LOVED Dr. Patel. I was super nervous going in due to complications I had with a previous pregnancy. I knew I had questions for her and was super nervous to discuss next steps. she was very welcoming and made me feel extremely comfortable! Considering her to be my main doctor for the next baby!

July 8, 2019 7:00 PM

Sought a doctor's opinion for lower abdominal/pelvic pain I experience and reconsider the kind of medication I take for birth control. The doctor ordered an ultrasound to check for ovarian cyst/mass. The appointment lasted only 10 minutes.

June 24, 2019 7:00 PM

I love my gynecologist but unfortunately for her and me the medical field has become all about numbers and analytics, Ms Patel does a great job with the time shes allotted to spend with a patient. My feeling simply is that I feel she cares about me.

June 15, 2019 7:00 PM

No one at Advocate had any bedside manner from the team that I saw. the nurse was rude and short and the doctor completely blew off my concerns without even looking at my medical history or doing any testing and simply said if I lost weight I would be fine but gave no advice on how to lose said weight. I also suffer from PTSD which I explained to the nurse and some of my history includes issues with anorexia. I ended up having to see my therapist that day to convince myself not to go back down that path.

April 28, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Patel is always so kind and helpful.

April 22, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Patel has been amazing!

April 22, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Patel is amazing! No other doctor I would rather see for gynecology services. I wish she could be my doctor for everything. I always recommend her because she actually listens!

April 14, 2019 7:00 PM

It was a great experience. It was a quick and easy check up.

April 9, 2019 7:00 PM

Very accommodating, informative and genuine care.

April 1, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Dipti Patel has always listened to any ans all concerns that I've had in the last four years that I've seen her. She's helped me get pregnant. She's been someone I can talk to when I was discouraged and she's been there to help me with every step of my healthcare. She's honest and tells me what I need to do to be the healthiest I can possibly be. She's the only ob I plan on seeing now and in the future.

February 11, 2019 6:00 PM

Dr. Patel was lovely as always. Always answers my questions and makes me feel comfortable while I am with her.

I have been a patient of Dr. Patel for many years now and I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a great OBGYN. She always makes times to answer mine and my husband's questions and provides great bedside manner.

January 25, 2019 6:00 PM

Dr Patel is top notch. I've been her patient for three years, and she is an excellent doctor, but also very caring. I would highly recommend her.

Dr Patel was helpful, approachable & provided quality care.

January 13, 2019 6:00 PM

I love Dr Dipti Patel! she does an awesome job of explaining everything before during and after exams and procedures. It makes it less stressful and as relaxing as those procedures can be. I also like how she talks with me about personal stuff, like family, work, etc. she's great!

January 3, 2019 6:00 PM

I was not bothered by waiting longer than 15 min. They were working on new tech, so much of my medical records had to be inputted by my doctor, as she said I came up as a "new patient," which isn't the case.

November 26, 2018 6:00 PM

She was recommended my my PCP. She was efficient, direct, and kind.

November 12, 2018 6:00 PM

always a great routine visit with Dr. Patel

November 11, 2018 6:00 PM

the nurse did not review my medications which I thought odd since this was my annual wellness exam

October 18, 2018 7:00 PM

I made an appointment because I had an infection going on for over a month. They scheduled me with the next available doctor which was Dipti Patel & I've never seen her before. She walked in & rushed me in & out in 10 min. & didn't do anything to treat my infection & told me I wouldn't have burning with a bacteria or yeast infection. She never swabbed me or did anything to help & told me I was fine. She was the worst doctor ever for my first time meeting her & she wasn't helpful at all. I will never be seeing her again. I dropped $200 at that visit with nothing done. I ended up going to another doctor to get tested & it turns out I had both a yeast & bacteria infection. I can't believe Dr. Patel did nothing for me when I knew something was wrong with me.

October 16, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Patel was wonderful, she was very nice and helpful.

October 15, 2018 7:00 PM

wonderful! Dr. Patel was wonderful. X,medical assistant, was wonderful as well!

October 6, 2018 7:00 PM

Very considerate and knowledgeable

September 23, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Patel is the best.

September 17, 2018 7:00 PM

wonderful caring and knowlegeable Dr.

September 17, 2018 7:00 PM

Not personable. I felt like a number and she rushed the appointment.

September 11, 2018 7:00 PM

Excellent

September 4, 2018 7:00 PM

The doctors and the staff are excellent. They always get me in early. Staff and doctors are pleasant and do their job well

September 1, 2018 7:00 PM

I enjoyed the Sequoia location it was nice quiet clean and they were very prompt. everyone there was professional and respectable

August 27, 2018 7:00 PM

The provider was very nice, but did not take the time to go over birth control options. She was almost a little pushy towards certain avenues in which I did not want to pursue. I found her a touch unprofessional and asked questions in a pushy way as well. I usually see another physician and have had no problems

August 27, 2018 7:00 PM

She's great!

August 22, 2018 7:00 PM

I had a very hard time originally getting in contact with the office to schedule an appointment I always had to wait on the line for five or more minutes and they never knew my medical history. my calls with the office we're very long while they had to look up past information.

August 20, 2018 7:00 PM

good experience

August 13, 2018 7:00 PM

My appointment with Dr. Patel went very well. I was experiencing some cramping and bleeding and she really listened to me and cared how I felt about it. She ordered further tests, but also put my mind at ease. I felt much better after visiting her.

August 4, 2018 7:00 PM

I LOVE Dr Patel! she listened to my concerns and addressed them thoroughly. She explained what was causing my issue and gave meoptions on how to treat it. I didn't feel dismissed.

July 30, 2018 7:00 PM

It was a routine exam and I felt very comfortable. It was excellent.

July 16, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr Patel seemed very rushed and did not spend a lot of time with me.

June 23, 2018 7:00 PM

She was excellent.

June 23, 2018 7:00 PM

Very engaging.

June 19, 2018 7:00 PM

Best provider I have had, she is professional, kind, thoughtful, and intelligent

June 18, 2018 7:00 PM

I feel that Dr. Patel just rushed me, and is not sympathetic or seemed to care about my thoughts on my symptoms. She would interrupt when I was talking, and I did not feel comfortable with her in the room. I will not be coming back to her again in the future.

June 18, 2018 7:00 PM

This was the first time I ever saw this provider or any provider from the Advocate Medical Group. She was phenomenal, very caring, listened very well, was informative and helpful. she didn't rush me out. I would definitely recommend her to others. I wish all doctors were like her.

June 16, 2018 7:00 PM

excellent care provided, as per usual

May 14, 2018 7:00 PM

I felt as if she was in a rush, explained things Ok, but needed to stay within the 15 minute appointment.

May 13, 2018 7:00 PM

This appt. felt very rushed, she doesn't listen to your concerns on questions she looks at her computer screen & doesn't pay attention to what your saying. She told me I was pregnant at this appt. I saw her again on 3/12/18.

May 7, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Patel didn't fully answer my questions and seemed rushed. I would not want to see her again.

April 30, 2018 7:00 PM