Desler Johnson Javier, MD

Specialty: Internal Medicine

Coronavirus Alert

Learn what to do if you think you've been exposed to COVID-19. Stay up to date with our Resource Center.

No-Visitor Policy

No visitors, with few exceptions, will be allowed in any inpatient areas until further notice. Learn more.

Desler Johnson Javier, MD

Specialty: Internal Medicine

We’re sorry, but our online scheduling is currently unavailable. You can schedule easily by phone. Call us. We’re here to help.

Schedule via MyAdvocateAurora

• United Healthcare MedicareComplete Plan 1 HMO
  • United Healthcare Navigate POS
  • United Healthcare Nexus
  • United Healthcare Select EPO
  • United Healthcare Select HMO
  • United Healthcare Select Plus POS

Comments

November 6, 2019 11:00 PM

I highly appreciate the service of this provider and would recommend with to any friend or relative for medical services.

November 6, 2019 11:00 PM

I have been having very good medical relationship with Advocate Medical Group at the Illinois Masonic Hospital for a long time.

October 15, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Javier is so helpful in helping me become plant base. I feel so fortunate to have him as a doctor. He has helped me to come off medications and dietary advice. What an inspiration.

August 25, 2019 7:00 PM

The visit with my doctor, was very good, I like this doctor he's very informative and very polite, I'm very happy with my doctor. He listen and address my question and make me feel that I'm an important patient.

August 25, 2019 7:00 PM

Trustworthy

August 21, 2019 7:00 PM

I love my PCP Dr. Javier. He always listens and works w/me regarding anything I need to discuss.

August 13, 2019 7:00 PM

It was a good experience.

August 5, 2019 7:00 PM

Am glad I have my doctors here. Everybody is respectful and friendly.

July 28, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr Javier is my new primary care doctor I'm very excited and I'm very happy that doctor X recommended him to me

July 11, 2019 7:00 PM

I hope this provider continues in his present capacity of being my doctor. I am most pleased with him.

June 30, 2019 7:00 PM

I believe all my providers/staff/facility are superior. Thank you.

June 23, 2019 7:00 PM

dr Javier is such a concerned dr he is kind and understanding of my needs and he has so much compaction for my pain and needs I'm so happy when I see him he listens and hears my concerns with no judgment

June 12, 2019 7:00 PM

He has been my provider for more than five years. He always has fruitful discussions with me on any visits. Very understandable.

June 7, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Javier is the man

May 20, 2019 7:00 PM

He was very patient, friendly.

May 19, 2019 7:00 PM

Excellent PCP very knowledgeable & helpful.

May 12, 2019 7:00 PM

excellent easy to talk with and understandably when explaining issues

May 12, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Javier is amazing. He is the only Doctor I will see at this facility

April 22, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Javier is just excellent. Best internist I have seen since my physician, X passed. (Also from I of C).

April 12, 2019 7:00 PM

In general, Dr. Javier is personal and engaged and interested. I do get the sense that the depth of the routine physical is not there...not rigorous. however, we started with "I feel GREAT...never better, so maybe that is why

April 4, 2019 7:00 PM

Very satisfactory.

March 26, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Javier is the BEST! He is very attentive.

March 3, 2019 6:00 PM

As usual I was very comfortable with Dr. Javier. He is attentive and easy to talk with.

February 17, 2019 6:00 PM

dr Javier was respectful, a great listener, compassionate, thorough and clinically astute. He exemplifies helping people live well with his care framework.

February 16, 2019 6:00 PM

Dr Javier is a new physician to me. This recent visit was my 2nd visit with him. I do like his approach and we seem to be developing a good dialog. I have asked him questions on the portal and his responses have been timely. I look forward to getting much healthier under his guidance.

February 13, 2019 6:00 PM

excellent

February 4, 2019 6:00 PM

Dr. D. Javier has the best "bedside" manners that I've had the pleasure to experience. Much thanks!!

January 30, 2019 6:00 PM

I made numerous calls to this office between 12/24 and 12/27 without ever getting a call back. Came in without an appt. because I could not get my calls returned. My primary doctor in that office is Dr X who was out of town that week. I was very unhappy that none of my calls were returned by whomever was on call. This makes me think I should switch to a different more responsive medical group. I like Dr X and Dr. Javier but leaving numerous messages with the service and getting not a single call back was very concerning. Also I was told by Dr. Javier that he would call me back on the afternoon of the 26th about a follow up with an ortho doc and he did not do so, despite my further attempts to call.

January 30, 2019 6:00 PM

Dr Javier is very good and takes as much time as you need to allow you to ask questions. he is very caring.

January 25, 2019 6:00 PM

great visit got a lot done

January 25, 2019 6:00 PM

Empathuc,caring,seems knoiwledgeable

January 25, 2019 6:00 PM

I am aware that a doctor's visit is not always a pleasant visit but Dr D Javier's bedside manners makes it less of a worry with his non judgmental attitude and professionalism. I was sad when my last PCP quit but I found a "friend" if I may say so. Keep up with the good work Doc.

dr Javier is the best dr I have ever had and I'm 52 years old he's kind easy to talk to about my health problems I always leave there with a plan on how to get better health wise he's truly a wonderful dr I'm so glad he's mine

Dr Javier is a very good doctor

December 7, 2018 6:00 PM

I was very very happy with him. and I have seen a lot of dr.s in my life. I know the great ones.

December 4, 2018 6:00 PM

Great provider. Professional, explains things in detail and with respect.

October 26, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr Javier is always caring and professional. I'm very glad to have him as my doctor.

August 3, 2018 7:00 PM

Excellent. My GP Dr. X has left Advocate and I needed a new GP. Dr. Javier far exceeded my expectations. He really listened and responses were clear and thoughtful.

July 27, 2018 7:00 PM

dr Javier is the best dr I have ever had he listens to me and he hears me when I talk everyone in the office is excellent love my drs office

July 23, 2018 7:00 PM

This doctor is an associate of my regular docttor. I was satisfied with the appointment.

July 19, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Javier is an awesome physician. He demonstrates empathy, great listening & gives you all the appropriate information/wellness tests. He is the best!

July 15, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr Javier is the most caring and knowledgeable physician I have had

May 11, 2018 7:00 PM

its was great and I was had a great time with my doctor he really understand me and take time with me ..........

May 7, 2018 7:00 PM

My recent A1C test showed hign blood sugar level. He went into detail about my options.

April 30, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr Javier is a wonderful doctor spends as much time as needed with me good listener & very concerned about my health & well being

April 19, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Javier was great, I would recommend him to anyone for care. I will be returning when needed to him.

April 18, 2018 7:00 PM

Thank you so much, Dr. Javier. You are the best doctor I've ever seen in my life. You were incredibly kind, thorough, and patient. I appreciated the time you took to really listen to me. I have never had a better experience with a doctor. Thank you so much!!

March 26, 2018 7:00 PM

excellent

March 25, 2018 7:00 PM

I love Dr. Javier. He is very caring and is a great listener. I have utmost confidence in him.

March 22, 2018 7:00 PM

He was very polite, and caring doctor.

March 18, 2018 7:00 PM

dr Javier is so nice and calm he listens to all my conserns and helps me figure out what a good way to go about it he's the best dr I have ever had and I've had a lot of drs he has a lot of compassion for me with all my problems health wise and mental wise thank you for having such a awesome dr

March 14, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Javier is one of the best providers I have ever had. He is very helpful and listens to what ever my problems are.

March 11, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Javier is absolutely amazing! However, while leaving his office, some woman from behind the reception desk was quite rude. she did not introduce herself, handed me a bill, and quite loudly without respecting my privacy demanded to know when I would be paying, and wanted to know why I would not pay at this visit. she was very rude and that experience was terrible. if Dr. Javier were not so wonderful as a physician I would never return to this office.

February 13, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. Javier was very generous with his time. He answered all questions and gave me all the time I needed. He seemed to really care and wanted to fully understand my health needs. He was very good.

January 31, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. Javier Desler, he is an excellent dr. very professional and very dedicate thank dr. when you ask me stop taking pioglitazone 15 mg for dilation but causes me swelling-inflammation my legs. Thank Dr. Javier Desler.

January 14, 2018 6:00 PM

EXCELLENT LISTENER.

January 5, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. Javier always listens to my concerns and is patient with my questions - I like the fact that he takes his time and I don't feel rushed out during my visit.

December 14, 2017 6:00 PM

Excellent services and experience during this visit. Dr. Javier is kind, patient, understanding and respectful. He is one of the best providers Advocate has.

October 26, 2017 7:00 PM

Dr. Javier is compassionate, wonderful bedside manner. The best primary care provider I've encountered. I'm excited for him to be my doctor.

October 23, 2017 7:00 PM

my Dr is the best

September 4, 2017 7:00 PM

Very satisfied.

September 1, 2017 7:00 PM

Dr. Javier's high level of attention, customer service and compassionate care went above and beyond my expectations. He sets the bar high for all healthcare providers; he took time of his schedule to personally call me and provide me with my test results. I will be definitely recommending him to everyone I know. Excellent service, excellent communication skills, excellent patient-provider interaction.

August 16, 2017 7:00 PM

Excellent.

August 8, 2017 7:00 PM

Dr. Javier & his staff were excellent. When scheduling appt with Oakbrook, as I was a new patient, they did not give me Dr. Javier's location. I assumed he was in the Halstead building & the office was on the other side of the campus - I was late but Dr. Javier saw me, his office staff were very kind & Dr. Javier spent time with me and answered all my questions. I am satisfied & grateful to have him as my primary care physician.

July 30, 2017 7:00 PM

good Doctor happy to see him

June 26, 2017 7:00 PM

this was my first visit. I was very impressed with the service I received.

June 22, 2017 7:00 PM

Very friendly and courteous.

June 4, 2017 7:00 PM

I just chose Dr Javier as my new primary care physician as my old one left I am very happy with my choice as Dr Javier is a very good and caring doctor & I look forward to having a long relationship with this doctor

May 30, 2017 7:00 PM

Awesome.

May 14, 2017 7:00 PM

Dr. Desler is very kind and easy to talk to. He is a great listener, very knowledgeable and I feel like he has a genuine concern for my well-being!

May 7, 2017 7:00 PM

Dr. Javier was excellent on the day of my check-up as well as following up with me about my test results, the next day - He was very detailed, and humble, thank you, Dr. Javier!