Dennis L. Azuma, MD

Specialty: Oncology

Your health and safety is our top priority. Get COVID-19 info, vaccine news and see our limited-visitor policy.

3745 Highland Avenue

2nd Floor

Downers Grove, IL 60515

Office: 630-985-1345

Fax: 630-929-0591

2622 83rd Street

Darien, IL 60561

Office: 630-985-1345

Fax: 630-985-1969

Meet Dennis L. Azuma, MD

• Hematology (IM) - Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, Hematology (IM)
  • Internal Medicine - Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, Internal Medicine
  • Loyola Chicago Stritch School of Medicine

• Oncology

• Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital
  • Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center

Comments

December 28, 2019 7:35 AM

Dr. Azuma is very generous with time always ask for differences always explains care & why.

December 28, 2019 7:35 AM

I haven't had a bad experience.

December 27, 2019 1:14 PM

I'm very pleased w/my healthcare providers & Good Sam & cancer ctr.

December 23, 2019 10:05 AM

Great dr.

December 8, 2019 12:16 PM

Very good doc. Seen yearly lot years not with Advocate no other such doc. either.

December 7, 2019 12:32 PM

Always polite & courteous.

November 27, 2019 5:29 AM

Dr. Azuma is an amazing professional and personable doctor! His RNs and office staff are always welcoming and on top of their game. Can't ask for better people to put my trust in.

November 22, 2019 9:52 AM

Dr. Azuma is an excellent health care professional as is Dr. X. All drs. that I have visited have been excellent.

November 11, 2019 5:21 PM

For a first visit, I thought it went well. Doctor provided information that I asked about.

October 15, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Azuma is an Oncologist. He has treated me for 22 years for three different kinds of cancer. His excellent treatment and assessment of my cancers has helped keep me alive for 22 years. He has been instrumental to recommending other specialists for my treatment when necessary. He is truthful and attempts to answer all my questions directly when I have demanded answers;

December 16, 2018 6:00 PM

I see Dr. Azuma every six months as I had Non-Hodgkins lymphoma in 2004. I was treated and I no longer have it. I go every six months to make sure it has not come back. All these years of visits, all staff or at least some staff have been here since my very first visit. All are very friendly & caring. Overall I couldn't ask for a better doctor & staff.

December 13, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. Azuma has been my oncologist for 21 years. He is the best! I trust him and his judgment. He has brought me thru some tough times.

December 4, 2018 6:00 PM

I have great respect and trust for this physician.

November 29, 2018 6:00 PM

Even tho Dr. A. performed my basic annual breast exam & listened to my chest, he seemed preoccupied. Had not examined my latest mammogram results. Spent no more than 5 minutes with me. Failed to mention I am due for a DEXA scan which he usually orders. Felt visit was less than satisfactory.

October 22, 2018 7:00 PM

I see Dr Azuma every 3 weeks for my chemo. He and his office staff in Darien are part of my family. I'm now 2 1/2 years past my life expectancy of 1 year. That's Dr Azuma and his team. I thank God, he's my doctor.

October 9, 2018 7:00 PM

I have been seeing Dr Azuma since my cancer diagnosis in 2010. He and his team have been wonderful. I would recommend him to anyone facing cancer.

October 2, 2018 7:00 PM

very good.

September 23, 2018 7:00 PM

I see Dr Azuma every 6 months for follow up to colon cancer treatment. He is consistently kind, attentive, knowledgeable about my medical history and ready to discuss any concern. I highly recommend him.

September 11, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Azuma is a caring, thorough doctor. I feel very confident under his care

September 11, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr Azuma is excellent & am fortunate to be his patient. The staff is always respectful.

September 9, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Dennis Azuma is and has been my Oncologist since 1997. He and I have a very good relationship. He is thorough, and honest with me.

August 24, 2018 7:00 PM

this provider has a god disposition; only voice in room that counts is his

August 18, 2018 7:00 PM

I see Dr. Azuma every 6 months and I like him very much.

August 17, 2018 7:00 PM

I am now sleeping at night thanks to Dr. Azuma listening to me an about my insomnia and prescribing something mild to help me sleep at night.

August 10, 2018 7:00 PM

he dismissed parts of the test results as unimportant without telling me what it was or why it was irrelevant. I think I should know that.

August 10, 2018 7:00 PM

in remission now and he is keeping a good eye on me.

August 3, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Azuma is an excellent provider.

August 3, 2018 7:00 PM

Very good.

August 1, 2018 7:00 PM

As always great

July 30, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Azuma is great, he has been helping me with my cancer for 17 years.

July 30, 2018 7:00 PM

Great doctor. He saved my life. I have been seeing him for 10 years and have recommended him to a friend.

July 23, 2018 7:00 PM

I have been seeing DR. Azuma over 2.5 years I cant say enough good things about him. He has been an outstanding Dr for me. His staff treat you like Family. I couldn't think of seeing any one else for my condition.

July 23, 2018 7:00 PM

the doctor is very helpful, explains things so you could understand it,caring, takes the time to know why your seeing him. greets you with your name.

July 23, 2018 7:00 PM

My very existence depends on Dr Azuma. The entire office is like extended family.

July 20, 2018 7:00 PM

Always have a pleasant experience visiting with this provider!

July 9, 2018 7:00 PM

Been using this provider for several years always been professional great greatly appreciate their help

July 8, 2018 7:00 PM

All good.

July 8, 2018 7:00 PM

Always a pleasure seeing this doctor and staff.

July 2, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Azuma and staff are the best!

June 27, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Azuma and his staff are exceptional!

June 24, 2018 7:00 PM

I have been a patient of Dr Azuma for many years and I value and respect his diagnosis - Dr A is a fantastic hematologist!!

June 20, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Azuma has been very informative and always respectful. He is a true professional.

June 19, 2018 7:00 PM

I felt very comfortable in the examining room and with Dr. Azuma, the wait for blood work afterward was long.

June 18, 2018 7:00 PM

Been seeing Dr. Azuma for years & always very satisfied.

June 11, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Azuma has been my treating Oncologist for 21 years. If I were not happy with him I would have gotten someone else.

June 2, 2018 7:00 PM

Too quick to get me out with minimal info shared of my condition. Nothing shared of my status of treatment other then to keep taking medication...see you in 4 months. Get labs before you see me next and bye bye.

May 21, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Azuma is respectful, very knowledgeable, and truly loves what he does.

May 2, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Azuma and his entire team are terrific. Unfortunately, the wifi in the Darion Facility were I see them is not good. It almost never works well enough for me or my wife to use it. This is somewhat surprising as three years ago I/we spent several months under Dr. Azuma's care at this same facility and the wifi worked very well then.

April 28, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Azuma was very professional and answered all of my concerns with compassion.

April 27, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr Azuma has been my oncologist for years, He is an excellent doctor.

April 24, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Azuma was very kind and polite.

April 20, 2018 7:00 PM

I highly respect Dr Azusa he is a fantastic dr that I feel has added years to my life. The staff at this clinic is so friendly and compassionate and skilled it's hard to put in words. l would feel lost in my battle without them

April 10, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr Azuma and the staff are wonderful. Always has time to answer any questions I have and are very caring and concerned for mine and my families well being.

April 10, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Azuma is my oncologist and he and his staff have been wonderful in treating me for my cancer. This is one of the best offices I have ever been to.

April 8, 2018 7:00 PM

I trust Dr Azuma and his staff with my life. I wouldn't want anyone else.

COVID-19

Vaccine Update

We’re vaccinating anyone in Illinois and Wisconsin who’s 16 and older – whether you’re our patient or not – with the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines. We’ve paused use of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. See why.

#IGOTMINE