Corissa Elgar, MD

Specialty: Obstetrics & Gynecology

Your health and safety is our top priority. Get COVID-19 info, vaccine news and see our limited-visitor policy.

3310 West Main Street

• Illinois Health Connect
  • Imagine Health Smart Care
  • Sunrise Advantage Plan
  • UHC / AARP MedicareComplete (Secure Horizons) HMO
  • United Healthcare Select EPO
  • United Healthcare Select PPO

Comments

July 27, 2020 6:51 AM

I always enjoy my visits with Dr. Elgar. She is honest and is always there whenever you have any questions regarding your health and focuses her attention to what you are asking her. Very knowledgeable.

July 22, 2020 10:36 PM

I feel very comfortable having my provider as my Gynocologist.

July 19, 2020 7:05 AM

Dr. Elgar is always attentive and helpful. I trust her explicitly!

July 19, 2020 7:05 AM

An excellent yearly visit as always.

July 13, 2020 1:59 PM

Dr Elgar has been a major factor in keeping me healthy. She is very knowledgeable and I value her opinion.

July 13, 2020 11:51 AM

It went well. I appreciate Dr.s Elgar's _____ attitude and sincere concern for my well-being.

July 8, 2020 10:47 AM

Excellent Visit - I always enjoy my appointments with Dr. Elgar.

July 8, 2020 10:47 AM

Dr. Elgar has compassion for my well-being and emotional health. With COVID-19 in the world, she really asked how I was doing. I appreciate her.

July 6, 2020 3:19 PM

I have never seen Dr. Elgar before as I usually go to a different doctor. My regular OBGYN did not have any available appointments so I ended up seeing Dr. Elgar. she exceeded my expectations. as I woman I have had experiences with health care providers not listening to my concerns or brushing them off but Dr. Elgar showed great interest in my concerns and listened to everything I had to say. She explained the issue right away I'm terms that I could understand. I was beyond impressed. thank you Dr. Elgar. we need more doctors like you.

July 6, 2020 2:02 PM

dr Elgar is the BEST doctor!!!! everyone I know goes to her!!!! she is the only reason I stay with advocate dryer. if she wasn't there, I wouldn't be.

July 6, 2020 2:02 PM

perfect blend of personable and professional!!!!

July 6, 2020 1:58 PM

I had a very good experience with my provider.

June 27, 2020 8:23 AM

love Dr. Elgar!!!

June 22, 2020 8:15 PM

Dr. Elgar has been an incredible OB so far and I'm so glad that I'm able to be under her care during my pregnancy. Each appointment has gone by easily and she is always interested in my life and what's going on. She's great at what she does and you can tell she cares for her patients and loves her job.

June 22, 2020 1:29 PM

this provider was compassionate and has great people skills (approachable and I feel comfortable sharing my concerns).

June 20, 2020 1:36 PM

Dr. Elgar is great and has helped me through some of the hardest times in my life.

May 22, 2020 11:18 AM

My doctor, Carissa Elgar is so friendly and puts patients at ease. I wish she was my primary care dr. She is very good at making her patients feel comfortable. Her staff is very good as well. The whole clinic is wonderful. They really seem to care about you.

May 19, 2020 10:47 AM

Dr. Elgar is always a pleasure. She answers all my questions and offers suggestions.

May 19, 2020 10:47 AM

Great!!!

May 11, 2020 10:02 AM

I love Dr. Elgar & she made my daughter full very comfortable and answered all of our questions. We will recommend her to anyone else.

April 28, 2020 6:16 AM

Very good experience.

April 6, 2020 8:57 PM

Dr. Elgar is the absolute best. I wouldn't go to anyone else.

March 26, 2020 4:30 AM

I love Dr. Elgar. She has a great manner and is very thorough.

March 17, 2020 11:30 AM

This was a routine Gynecology exam. Dr. Elgar is very friendly, puts you at ease. Very approachable and doesn't make the time that you have with her feel like she's trying to rush through it to get to her next patient. She explains things thoroughly and asks if I have any questions or concerns. I feel like I am in more than capable hands when I see her. A great Doctor!

March 17, 2020 11:30 AM

Staff is always friendly, respectful and efficient.

March 14, 2020 7:29 AM

Dr Elgar is extremely professional yet can talk to you like you are family. Love that she takes the time to answer my question and concerns.

February 17, 2020 4:57 PM

Dr. Elgar was great!

February 17, 2020 4:57 PM

I really appreciated that she talked to me about what I should be feeling/ expect throughout the whole appointment.

February 13, 2020 12:46 PM

Both the nurse and the provider were calm, and they explained different forms of care in ways that i could understand.

February 13, 2020 12:46 PM

I will choose to see Dr. Elgar for my future women's health needs because I had such a good experience with her and her staff.

February 10, 2020 2:35 PM

Dr. Elgar is always fantastic. I'm happy to be one of her patients.

January 30, 2020 8:26 AM

Not only did she easily take out my nexplanon stitches quickly and painlessly, she also did a quick and easy annual gyno check up AND even got me my flu shot which was spontaneous.

January 30, 2020 8:26 AM

Dr. Elgar was very nice, welcoming and felt like she was my normal dr. even though this was my first visit with her.

January 21, 2020 5:37 AM

Very happy with Dr. Elgar

January 21, 2020 1:36 AM

Dr Elgar is the best!

January 20, 2020 4:16 PM

She is one of the best doctors, I've ever seen. I trust her and she really makes me feel like I'm being listened to. I'm also not worried about talking to her about things.

January 11, 2020 8:33 AM

Visiting Dr Elgar is always a pleasant experience! She is always on time for my visits and greets me with a smile on her face. She listens to my concerns and advises me accordingly. I always look forward to another visit with her!

January 4, 2020 9:22 AM

dr. Elgar is the best!!!

January 4, 2020 9:22 AM

whole team was friendly and professional!

December 31, 2019 6:25 AM

Dr. Elgar is comprehensive in her care and was willing to answer all my questions.

December 28, 2019 7:28 AM

I have a lot of respect for Dr. Elgar and am genuinely comfortable with her as a doctor and as a person. I would recommend her highly to anyone needing a doctor in her specialty.

December 21, 2019 4:31 AM

she's amazing. thoughtful, engaging and makes you comfortable to talk about topics you may find embarrassing.

December 10, 2019 8:12 AM

Love Dr. Elgar!!! always nice and professional yet feels like an old friend! I highly recommend

December 9, 2019 1:47 PM

overall, I was in and out in 30 minutes and I thought all staff and Drs. were professional . A well run office!!9

November 18, 2019 6:56 PM

Dr. Elgar is AWESOME. Her and her staff are ALWAYS very easy to talk to, explain things in a way that are easy to understand, compassionate and understanding. I would recommend her to anyone who needs a good ob/gyn provider.

November 11, 2019 10:25 PM

Dr. Elgar is the best. She always makes the visits quick, easy, and comfortable. She is always super helpful when I ask questions and throughly explains everything. I am so glad I found her.

November 10, 2019 11:00 PM

Great!

November 10, 2019 11:00 PM

Dr. Elgar was great!

October 30, 2019 7:00 PM

Very nice person. Seemed very knowledgeable about my problem.

October 27, 2019 7:00 PM

I enjoyed the visit and meeting her.

October 21, 2019 7:00 PM

I love dr. algar. she is very comfortable to be around and I trust her.

October 20, 2019 7:00 PM

Excellent provider, a pleasure being her patient!

October 17, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Elgar is the best doctor ever... she makes me feel like I have known her forever. I can trust her in everything in personal & physical.... I would not like to have any other doctor besides her.

October 9, 2019 7:00 PM

I am very pleased with Dr. Elgar. she is a caring physician.

September 30, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Elgar was a very nice and caring doctor. When I came to my first appointment, she was so smart compared to other doctors I had regarding PCOS and made sure she came with some conclusion about what to do by the next appointment.

September 29, 2019 7:00 PM

I love Dr. Elgar - her office is in St. Charles where I live on Mondays, so it's convenient for me. My mother & sister referred her to me after I gave birth and my original OBGYN doctor moved out of state. She is the best and makes me feel comfortable at every visit!

September 27, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Elgar is a wonderful, compassionate, and effective doctor. She listens to concerns and helps to tailor the experience to my needs and concerns so I walk out of the office knowing I am being taken care of well.

September 26, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Elgar is a great listener. She is concerned and provided me with helpful information for me to make an educated decision. She is always very welcoming and caring.

September 15, 2019 7:00 PM

My concerns were addressed and taken care of immediately

September 15, 2019 7:00 PM

Great Doctor!

August 27, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Elgar is great! She just needs to do a better breast exam. Please have her sit-in or get a demonstration from Dr. X. She does the BEST breast exam!!!

August 25, 2019 7:00 PM

I love Dr. Elgar! She has a great bedside manner. Very friendly and personal.

August 23, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Elgar not only always goes above and beyond to help me with my medical needs, but goes out of her way to let me know that I am important to her as a person not just a patient!

August 18, 2019 7:00 PM

I was nervous going into this appointment. Dr. Elger was very nice and talked to me like I was a person. she took the time to answer questions and explain everything that was being done and why they needed to be done. I would definitely recommend Dr. Elger!!

August 13, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Elgar is the best. She is very easy to talk to and explains things very well. Both my daughter & myself see her and LOVE her.

August 5, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Elgar is the best doctor I know. I have recommended her to so many of my friends and family, and they all love her as well. I have never had a negative thing to say about her and the way she does her job. The lady is phenomenal!

July 23, 2019 7:00 PM

She was really good, she respond any question that I have.

July 21, 2019 7:00 PM

Excellent.

June 29, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Elgar has helped my daughter with her gynecological concerns in the past. I was so pleased with her service with my daughter so I wanted to meet with her for me as well since I didn't have a Gynecologist.

June 21, 2019 7:00 PM

I had a great visit with Dr. Elgar. it was my second time seeing her and I'll always go back, she actually cared to listen and try to help me and understand what I was going through at the time. I'd recommend her to everyone.

June 20, 2019 7:00 PM

dr. elgar is a kind,caring physician. she is very knowledgeable. always makes me feel at ease.

June 17, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Elgar has been seeing me for the last 9 months for my first pregnancy. she has taken care of all my needs and has been a great listener.

June 14, 2019 7:00 PM

always pleasant visits

May 20, 2019 7:00 PM

Really seems to care about my health.

May 13, 2019 7:00 PM

She is amazing, makes me feel so comfortable every visit. She is compassionate and checks on other things in life not just what I'm there for. One thing that I know to be true at every visit with her after we are done she will lift you up and get you feeling great and smiling before leaving. This is great because you leave happier than you thought, especially if you get some not so good news.

April 19, 2019 7:00 PM

Wonderful! My husband and I both loved Dr. Elgar.

April 16, 2019 7:00 PM

She was great. Great bedside manner.

April 14, 2019 7:00 PM

Corissa Elgar is very attentive to my questions and needs. She is very informative with information she provides whenever I have a question regarding issues I may be experiencing.

March 28, 2019 7:00 PM

Easy to talk to & understand. Love her!

March 27, 2019 7:00 PM

This was my first visit with Dr. Elgar for a routine OB visit. I enjoyed her straight forward and jovial attitude, and loved that she had a full face of makeup! It made her relatable.

March 2, 2019 6:00 PM

Dr. Elgar is professional and easy to talk to. She is concern and takes time to listen.

February 27, 2019 6:00 PM

Dr. Elgar was amazing as always. A womens' wellness exam is not the most comfortable experience, but Dr. Elgar has a way of making me, and I'm sure the rest of her patients, feel so at ease the whole time. I recommend her to all my friends.

February 24, 2019 6:00 PM

I usually go to the St. Charles location and wait for a very long period of time and typically do not have a great experience. I went to Aurora due to scheduling conflicts, and I will be going to this location going forward. The staff was wonderful and friendly and I was shocked at how quickly I was in-and-out, while still completing a thorough visit.

February 17, 2019 6:00 PM

Dr. Elgar has been fantastic! We've recommended her to several family & friends already.

February 17, 2019 6:00 PM

Very good.

February 6, 2019 6:00 PM

love dr Elgar! always open, honest, straightforward, and she listens and asks questions

January 25, 2019 6:00 PM

love my doctor she is wonderful I would never go to another Gynecologist. She is great at what she does. Very caring and helps explain everything you have questions about. The rest of the staff is very helpful and knowledgeable as well.

January 14, 2019 6:00 PM

I thoroughly trust and have a great relationship with Dr. Elgar. However, I am recently less satisfied with the scheduling process at the reception desk. At my most recent appointment yesterday on 1-14-19, I arrived at my assumed scheduled time, to be told there was no appointment in the system that day for me. The office staff accommodated my need and I was able to see another doctor. Before leaving I requested a list of upcoming appointments to which I found another error in appointment times for the next weeks that I had to reconcile. I'm concerned that my appointments will be confused at another time, and I want to be able to rely on this office.

January 13, 2019 6:00 PM

I love Dr. Elgar! She is wonderful.

January 13, 2019 6:00 PM

I absolutely love Dr. Elgar! She is an amazing person as well as doctor.

January 13, 2019 6:00 PM

Dr. Elgar is professional, knowledgeable and approachable. I feel that I am on very good hands with Dr. Elgar. She has an ease about her alongside a wide knowledge base. I ha e recommended her to friends.

January 13, 2019 6:00 PM

Dr. Elgar is the OB I had always hoped I'd have. She's VERY personable, explains everything well, and talks me down off ledges when my anxiety grows! I can't say enough great things about being under her care. I feel very fortunate to have found her.

January 13, 2019 6:00 PM

I drive an hour each way to see Dr. Elgar. She always respects my time, never makes me feellike my questions or concerns are not valid, and somehow manages to make an overall uncomfortable appointment very relaxing and comfortable. I can't imagine seeing anyone but her!

December 1, 2018 6:00 PM

Everytime I go to Dr. Elgar I feel my concerns are validated as she answers each of my questions. I always have concerns about my reproductive health and EACH sand EVERY time she listens and answers those questions compassionately. You can tell she loves her job since I have always met her with a very positive deameanor throughout my visit. I had gone through a few gynecologist through your practice and once I met her I have and will NOT switch doctors.

December 1, 2018 6:00 PM

I couldn't ask for a better doctor.

November 26, 2018 6:00 PM

The front desk receptionists were very nice and helpful. I was seen in 2 minutes; no waiting!! Nurse that took my vitals was very professional and nice. Dr. Elgar was a sweetheart. Dr. Elgar was helpful, offered some great advice, very friendly, nice. All were very impressive.

November 26, 2018 6:00 PM

With the doctor was very good.

November 26, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. Elgar is amazing. This was my first visit with her and she explained everything to make me feel comfortable. Thank you so very much!

November 19, 2018 6:00 PM

I found Elgar to be the best doctor amongst all I have met, I would love if she delivers my baby.

November 18, 2018 6:00 PM

My visit was excellent!

COVID-19

Vaccine Update

We’re vaccinating anyone in Illinois and Wisconsin who’s 16 and older – whether you’re our patient or not – with the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines. We’ve paused use of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. See why.

#IGOTMINE