Colleen E. Skay, MD

Specialty: Obstetrics & Gynecology

Coronavirus and No-Visitor Alert

Learn what to do if you think you've been exposed to COVID-19. And find updates on our no-visitor policy.

Safety Alert

Due to continued community unrest, for everyone’s safety some facilities may have adapted hours. You will be contacted if your appointment needs to be changed.

Colleen E. Skay, MD

Specialty: Obstetrics & Gynecology

We’re sorry, but our online scheduling is currently unavailable. You can schedule easily by phone. Call us. We’re here to help.

500 East 22nd Street

Suite A

Lombard, IL 60148

Office: 630-620-8061

Fax: 630-916-7525

15900 West 127th Street

Lemont, IL 60439

Office: 630-620-8061

Fax: 630-916-7525

Meet Colleen E. Skay, MD

• Secondary languages: Spanish
  • Gender:
  • Clinical interests: Abnormal Uterine BleedingBreastfeeding SupportContraceptive ManagementPostpartum CarePreconception CounselingPregnancy Care
  • Related website: https://www.advocatehealth.com/amg/

• United Healthcare MedicareComplete Plan 1 HMO
  • United Healthcare Navigate POS
  • United Healthcare Nexus
  • United Healthcare Select EPO
  • United Healthcare Select HMO
  • United Healthcare Select Plus POS

Comments

November 18, 2019 5:54 PM

Shes a very conscientious doctor. She pays attention to what the patient is saying and gives all options for treatment. I would recommend her to others easily.

November 18, 2019 5:54 PM

good experience.

November 9, 2019 8:44 AM

very helpful and very knowledgeable. I had an awful experience previously with another doctor at another location. she walked me through everything she was doing and made sure I was comfortable at all times. will continue going to her for a general doctor as well.

October 27, 2019 7:00 PM

amazing. very caring.

September 30, 2019 7:00 PM

she is a great doctor and listens to her patients. I never feel rushed. she seems to really care.

September 22, 2019 7:00 PM

The doctors and nurses are great but getting ahold of them is almost impossible and so is making an appointment. any time I've needed to speak to a nurse I never get to them and they always have to call me back which is hard for me to answer with my work schedule. I also got labs done and got called on Saturday a day the office was closed. I missed the call by 10 minutes and tried to call back and no answer. I then called during business hours the following Monday and was told she might be able to call me by the end of the day. I'd really like to know my results so it's frustrating that I have to wait this long for a simple answer. I called at 8:30 and it's 2:30 and still haven't received a call back. I love the office and they're great doctors and reception is always nice just sucks I cannot get a hold of someone.

September 21, 2019 7:00 PM

Always great to see Dr. Skay. She is very caring and a good listener.

August 25, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Skay is wonderful. She spends appropriate time at my visit, she is very thorough, and explains things in a very simple way, easy to understand.

August 18, 2019 7:00 PM

dr skay is very easy to relate with and she takes my concerns into account and addresses them.

August 18, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Skay was very personable. It was like talking with a friend. I related to her very much. I am thankful for having the opportunity to see her and to continue to see her.

August 18, 2019 7:00 PM

Always a pleasant time

July 22, 2019 7:00 PM

my experience was great

July 21, 2019 7:00 PM

She is amazing!

July 14, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Skay is one of the best doctors I have seen. She is very thorough, listens, and responds thoughtfully. She is very knowledgeable and considers all aspects of your health.

July 11, 2019 7:00 PM

She was warm, friendly, very professional, & knowledgeable and treated me as if I were an intelligent person, which is important to me.

June 26, 2019 7:00 PM

First visit with Dr. Skay - I'm confident in the care she is providing. Wonderful educator.

June 14, 2019 7:00 PM

dr skay was very easy to talk to. she listened to everything I needed to say amd didn't feel rushed.

May 14, 2019 7:00 PM

It was a very good experience.

May 12, 2019 7:00 PM

defenetly great

May 5, 2019 7:00 PM

First time visit with Skay and would definitely see her again - very lovely Doctor

April 30, 2019 7:00 PM

I was absolutely pleased with my visit with Dr. Skay. She was thorough and addressed all my concerns and questions. She took her time and was gentle with her exam. She answered all questions and provided easy to understand and relate to advise and suggestions. She took into consideration my opinions and included me on the decision making, ensuring that I understood all that was being discussed. I am grateful to have found her.

April 29, 2019 7:00 PM

I liked Dr. Skay a lot. This was my first visit - my long time GYNE doc unexpectedly retires. I was referred to Dr. Skay by a friend. I was very pleased with my appt.

April 19, 2019 7:00 PM

i was very impressed. and i am not easy to impress!

March 28, 2019 7:00 PM

Very respectful and helpful.

February 17, 2019 6:00 PM

I love the Doctor she is really nice and caring

February 4, 2019 6:00 PM

Dr. Skay always make the visits comfortable and she's very understanding. I feel comfortable talking to her about my health and she always asks if I have questions or if there's anything I needed to talk about.

I had a very pleasant experience with Dr. Skay.

great visit, good office space, MD spent enough time with me

Dr. Skay is amazing!! I feel so comfortable with her and am very happy to have found such a capable provider!

my ONLY issue was getting the appointment. I called in June to get an appt for a physical at the end of September. I was told I had to be on a wait list. I clever again several times to see when I'd get an appt. every time I was told I'm still on the wait list. finally, in November I called to get an order for a mammogram so I could get that before the end of the year. At that point, they said that I needed an appt for a physical and got me in within a few weeks. This was all very frustrating. I've never heard of a wait list for an appt. Besides that, I love Dr. Skay, but am still deciding if I'll stay with the practice. By the way, I've been a patient there for 39 years and really hate to go to another practice.

I really had a good first experience going to Collen! Glad to know I have a good doctor!

January 7, 2019 6:00 PM

Excellent.

November 13, 2018 6:00 PM

I highly recommend Dr. Skay. This was my first time seeing her after my regular gynecologist retired. I was wholly impressed. Love her. A+.

November 11, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. Skay is detailed, her visit is comprehensive and she takes the time to explain the options.

November 4, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. Skay is a wonderful and compassionate doctor who takes time to listen.

November 4, 2018 6:00 PM

amazing! will continue to see her and this office

September 30, 2018 7:00 PM

I said no because unless its an emergency you will not be seeing a doctor in a reasonable time. I attempted to schedule my annual exam in July for November, and unfortunately was NOT able to secure a date. In fact I'm on a waiting list!?! I might not be seen until next year. I also experienced an incident in June in which I called the office to get test results after almost 2 weeks and reached a nurse that at first seemed to be able to provide but then told me my doctor would have to communicate the results. Immediately I became concerned. She said she'd leave msg. for doctor. After a few days I called again to get my test results & again was told the doctor would have to tell me. Finally I called my primary doctor & hey were able to provide the results of my mammogram in half an hour. _____. My experience has always been positive but this one lacked sensitivity and timely feed back. I think in this situation it should not have taken as long as it did. As of 9/15/18. In addition I am on a waiting list for my yearly exam & still have not received a call in regards to seeing a doctor for my annual exam.

September 24, 2018 7:00 PM

parking lot was under construction so that made entering difficult.I would like reminder cards for yearly checkups. couldn't get apmt right away because booked up and then schedule wasn't out that far in advance.

September 23, 2018 7:00 PM

This visit was certainly a very positive experience since I had no idea what to expect

September 18, 2018 7:00 PM

Colleen is the best OB/GYN I've had. She is so friendly, knowledgeable and kind. Always feel comfortable asking her about ANYTHING!

September 13, 2018 7:00 PM

Friendly staff, knowledgeable doctor/provider -

September 10, 2018 7:00 PM

This is the first time I saw Dr. Skay and I was more than impressed. She spent so much time, listened to my concerns & did a full and thorough health _____ blood work. I wish she was my primary care dr.

September 10, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Skay is the best! She knows her stuff inside & out, but also actually truly cares about the person her patient is. She is a great addition to an already fabulous practice.

September 10, 2018 7:00 PM

first time visit and so glad she is my new on/gyn. she is wonderful

September 9, 2018 7:00 PM

very good

August 20, 2018 7:00 PM

I felt very comfortable with Dr. Skay. She genuinely cared about me and my health concerns.

August 12, 2018 7:00 PM

My first visit with Dr Skay was wonderful. She was on time, extremely friendly, very patient, and very thorough. I appreciated the time she spent with me. Dr Skay made me feel very comfortable and relaxed!

August 12, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Shay was a pleasure! Professional, kind, gentle. This was my 1st visit with her after a 30 yr. relationship with another provider. I hope to continue my routine care with her.

August 6, 2018 7:00 PM

I had a wonderful experience as a new patient. All my concerns were addressed completely and I had a clear understanding of my follow up plan.

July 29, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Skay is wonderful. She has amazing bedside manner and explains everything very well. She is extremely knowledgeable with data on different tests, procedures, and conditions.

July 13, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Skay makes me feel like I've known her forever. She's extremely thorough with the exam, etc. and genuinely cares! Don't ever leave Dr. Skay! Dr .Skay saw my daughter for her first gyne. appointment. She is 19. She made her feel at ease about everything and is so awesome at what she does. She loves her!

July 8, 2018 7:00 PM

great

June 27, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Skay Colleen is a wonderful provider. She takes her time, explains procedures and options that are available to a patient. She made me feel very comfortable.

June 25, 2018 7:00 PM

First visit with Dr. Shay. My gynecologist retired. Really liked her - very understanding personable and made me at ease.

June 15, 2018 7:00 PM

I would definitely seek Dr. Skay's advice with any health problems in her area of expertise.

June 4, 2018 7:00 PM

Since switching from West Suburban Obstetrics to AMG it is more difficult to schedule yearly routine check up. I called in March as I realized I never got the post card reminder like the office used to send out to remind me to schedule, so I called and there were no routine appts. for 3+ months. And next schedule wasn't open - now it is 2 months later and I forgot about it. So the delay in my yearly routine check-up is 6 months. Frustrating!

May 27, 2018 7:00 PM

she is amazing at her job. she is very kind and caring.

April 30, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Skay was a very friendly and compassionate doctor. She listened to all of my concerns and explained the differential diagnosis and reasons for labs/procedures ordered.

March 20, 2018 7:00 PM

This was my first time meeting Dr. Skay & I absolutely loved her! She is a great asset to the Advocate team. Would highly recommend her.

March 19, 2018 7:00 PM

This was my first visit, and everyone was great!

February 9, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. Skay is a fantastic physician.

January 28, 2018 6:00 PM

my experience at the provider and with the office staff was great. prior to with my reminder call I was told I must pay an "outstanding" bill that only processed 8 days prior otherwise I could not see the MD. I spoke with 2 people on the phone that could not tell me anything about the charges but that it needed to be paid. advocate needs to adjust how you go about collecting money. demanding payment prior to receiving a bill with an explanation of charges is unacceptable. the office staff on the day of my appointment wasn't very helpful, however all your staff should be on the same page.

December 19, 2017 6:00 PM

Dr. Skay has been an excellent provider. I am so happy to have worked with her and look forward to working with her again.

December 17, 2017 6:00 PM

Dr. Skay is very knowledgeable with extra info, not just the questions I ask, great bedside manner & easy to talk with. She makes me very comfortable.

December 6, 2017 6:00 PM

My provider gave me the best prenatal care that I have ever received I left feeling great about having her take care of me during my pregnancy.

November 19, 2017 6:00 PM

it was my first time with Dr. Skay. I have seen others in the practice before. I will definitely go back and see her again. she was excellent, easy to talk to, compassionate, and very personable

November 10, 2017 6:00 PM

doctor is my angel

October 16, 2017 7:00 PM

Very nice visit!

October 11, 2017 7:00 PM

Dr. Skay WELL SURPASSED my expectations. She is absolute the best OB/GYN I have ever seen - knowledgable, understanding, compassionate excellent bedside manner, flexible. I could go on. I so appreciate her taking the necessary time with me. Not rushed or pressured or uncomfortable in any way. I truly appreciated her, and will keep her as my dr. for as long as possible!

September 24, 2017 7:00 PM

Dr. Skay was wonderful and completely explained everything to me in detail and what my options are.

September 15, 2017 7:00 PM

Very thorough and left feeling confident.

September 10, 2017 7:00 PM

she was extremely friendly and interested in how I was doing. It was a good visit.

August 20, 2017 7:00 PM

Dr. Skay spent a lot of time with me, answered all questions & it was my first visit with her & I really like her. She was referred to me by Dr. X's nurse, and this was due to my taking Tamoxifen & now needing a gyne as opposed to my PCP in that role.

August 3, 2017 7:00 PM

First time meeting Dr. Skay & it was pleasant. I had my daughter with and she was very engaged with her.

July 30, 2017 7:00 PM

Dr Skay was great. Very thoughtful and spent as much time as I needed. No rushing.

July 17, 2017 7:00 PM

The best doctor I have ever been.

July 9, 2017 7:00 PM

Very good service.

June 28, 2017 7:00 PM

Dr. Skay has been a wonderful doctor throughout my pregnancy. She is kind, compassionate, and knowledgeable. She has always been very good at explaining test results. procedures, etc. And she has been invested in not only my physical health but also my mental health.

June 12, 2017 7:00 PM

Dr. Skay is very caring and thorough. I will see her again.

June 4, 2017 7:00 PM

really great doctor very good I liked her a lot she explained everything to me in detail. very nice

May 28, 2017 7:00 PM

Dr. Skay was amazing! She listened to me and asked me questions appropriate to my health. I ws anxious to have a new MD but am very satisfies with the visit.

May 18, 2017 7:00 PM

First time patient to this office. Very pleased with all staff.

May 3, 2017 7:00 PM

It was my first visit with Dr. Skay for my pregnancy and she was wonderful. Very kind, well spoken and easy to talk to.

April 30, 2017 7:00 PM

I saw this provider as a follow up to an emergency roon visit. I explained how nervous I was and how I needed everything explained to me step by step. Dr. Skay took an incredible amount of time with me and explained everything in great detail. I felt so comfortable and at ease when I left there. She is an amazing healthcare provider !