Christopher A. Barbour, MD

Specialty: Obstetrics & Gynecology

Coronavirus and No-Visitor Alert

Learn what to do if you think you've been exposed to COVID-19. And find updates on our no-visitor policy.

Safety Alert

Due to continued community unrest, for everyone’s safety some facilities may have adapted hours. You will be contacted if your appointment needs to be changed.

Christopher A. Barbour, MD

Specialty: Obstetrics & Gynecology

We’re sorry, but our online scheduling is currently unavailable. You can schedule easily by phone. Call us. We’re here to help.

500 East 22nd Street

Suite A

Lombard, IL 60148

Office: 630-620-8061

Fax: 630-916-7525

15900 West 127th Street

Lemont, IL 60439

Office: 630-620-8061

Fax: 630-916-7525

Meet Christopher A. Barbour, MD

• Gender:
  • Clinical interests: Gynecologic SurgeryGynecologyInfertility - FemaleMenopauseObstetricsPelvic ReconstructionPrenatal CarePreventive CareSexual DysfunctionUrogynecologyVulvar Disease
  • Related website: https://www.advocatehealth.com/amg/

• United Healthcare MedicareComplete Plan 1 HMO
  • United Healthcare Navigate POS
  • United Healthcare Nexus
  • United Healthcare Select EPO
  • United Healthcare Select HMO
  • United Healthcare Select Plus POS

Comments

November 30, 2019 8:02 AM

Dr. Barbour is the only gynie Provider I've like since going a doctor with this specialty. He listens and is very good at what he does.

November 25, 2019 7:45 PM

The Best Doctor anyone could ask for, totally knowledgeable and very tentative to all needs. Doctor Barbour is an excellent doctor that I most definitely trust the most and is the only doctor that I want to be seen by. Hopefully doctor will not retire anytime soon.

November 25, 2019 7:45 PM

I had never had a bad experience and look forward to each and every visit. The doctor and the whole staff members are exceptional team, skilled and knowledge. I love every visit and most importantly I always learn something new about my body or changes within. Thank you for all your hard work and fantastic treatment.

November 25, 2019 5:16 PM

I have seen Dr. Barbour for many years. He is an extremely good doctor and has taken me from young adulthood into my 60s and given me good care all the way.

November 25, 2019 5:16 PM

The entire staff is very well trained and professional.

November 22, 2019 8:22 PM

I've been coming to this team of doctors, ob/gyne, for over 30 years because of the excellent care that I receive.

November 22, 2019 9:24 AM

Excellent! I'm very pleased with Dr. Barbour. Kind, understanding, patient, was up to date, very knowledgeable.

November 15, 2019 11:00 PM

I always enjoy my appointment with dr Barbour. we have a long history. He is a caring and knowledgeable doctor.

November 15, 2019 11:00 PM

it was a great visit!

November 8, 2019 11:00 PM

Dr Barbour is the best Dr. I have ever had.

October 30, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr Barbour is the best doctor I've been to and I'll continue to go to.

October 25, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Barbour is an excellent and caring doctor and I would recommend him to anyone.

October 16, 2019 7:00 PM

I have entrusted my health to this provider for years - He's always been a wonderful guidance with all of my needs or concerns.

October 4, 2019 7:00 PM

My experience is always good with Dr Barbour. He is a caring doctor. very thorough. Easy to talk to.

September 13, 2019 7:00 PM

Great doctor. Listens & spends as much time as you need. Makes you feel very comfortable.

September 6, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr Christopher Barbour is a very compassionate doctor, I have been going to him for 30 years ...I respect him for his knowledge and integrity

September 2, 2019 7:00 PM

Doctor Barbour is always pleasant, courteous and a great listener. He goes out of his way to make sure care is complete, medications are taken care of and a good emotional comfort level is achieved. My visits always make me feel as though I have a doctor who cares. Thank you doctor for all you do!!

September 2, 2019 7:00 PM

it was great! i love dr. Barbour

September 1, 2019 7:00 PM

I have seen Dr. Barbour for approximately 35 years...........he has always been an excellent doctor to me.

August 27, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Barbour is respectful, pleasant and very compassionate for your health and respectful of your needs and privacy. Making a visit to the doctor comfortable and knowledgeable.

August 25, 2019 7:00 PM

The doctor was helpful and made the visit as fun as possible.

August 12, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Barbour took time to understand my concerns. He gave me logical explanations for my condition.

August 1, 2019 7:00 PM

It was a great experience.

July 29, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Barbour always provides excellent health care exams. He's patient & I never feel rushed when asking questions.

July 28, 2019 7:00 PM

Everything Dr. Barbour did was great. Reason he didn't have my medical records is due to the fact I hadn't been to dr. in 4 yrs. Since my last visit my dr. had retired & the practice switched to Advocate Medical Group. My records hadn't transferred over.

July 21, 2019 7:00 PM

I very much appreciate Dr. Barbour's personal interest as well as his medically professional expertise. I feel fortunate to be a patient of his.

July 8, 2019 7:00 PM

Excellent experience!

June 28, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Barbour always provides the best specialized care. He takes time to listen & explains things in detail.

June 24, 2019 7:00 PM

I hadn't seen Dr. Barbour since my pregnancies because I saw two of the other doctors in the practice. However ,I was very pleased with his demeanor and suggestions. I was very comfortable with him and it was easy to speak to him about any of my concerns.

June 24, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Barbour is an excellent doctor and listens carefully and respectfully.

June 3, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Barbour was very informative & thorough in all he explained. He was empathetic to my health issues & spent the right amount of time answering my questions.

June 2, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Barbour is a great doctor and I see him only once a year.

May 22, 2019 7:00 PM

Good with respect.

May 21, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Barbour is always very thorough and professional. He is always available when I need results from tests, or reviewing my meds. He is a wonderful doctor and am so glad to know he is always there for me.

May 20, 2019 7:00 PM

First visit with this provider. He is very nice! I would see him again.

May 3, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Barbour provides exceptional quality care to his patients. He has been my doctor 20+ years. Dr. Barbour treats all patients with respect, dignity, listens, and clearly explains the plan of care. He is a quality physician and I have referred several friiends and family members this practice.

April 29, 2019 7:00 PM

My visits with Dr. Barbour are always excellent. He had a way of being caring and professional at the same time.

April 28, 2019 7:00 PM

Always courteous and genuinely interested in you as his patient, never makes you feel as if he is in a hurry to get to the next patient.

April 28, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Barbour is an excellent physician. I trust and appreciate my doctor/ patient relationship. I was not as comfortable with the nurse- she asked about my hysterectomy- which I never had. I wanted to know my blood type- could not tell me because my records were in storage, I was disturbed by that information.

April 21, 2019 7:00 PM

i have known Dr. Barbour for about 40 yrs. He trained under my first OB/GYNE. He is an excellent doctor and I consider him a trusted friend. He answers any questions that I have and has taken excellent care of me over the years. I have hand picked all of my doctors over the years for their professionalism, listening ability and thoroughness. Having worked for 50 yrs. in the insurance business has helped me stay in tune with my body. I want a doctor who listens and is relatable. Dr. Barbour has always met my expectations.

April 14, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Barbour saw me because my dr. was on vacation. He was very warm, great bedside manner. He listened intently and answered my questions wonderful dr.!

April 10, 2019 7:00 PM

I have been seeing (visits for female problems) this group of doctors for 49 years and have been extremely happy with the service, advice, and professional help.

April 8, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Barbour always listens when I am speaking. Never in a rush to get you out. He always seems to care. There are not too many good drs. left like him.

April 8, 2019 7:00 PM

Like always Great!

March 19, 2019 7:00 PM

I have been a patient of Dr. Barbour for many years and I respect him. He has been there with support when my husband died and also when my boss who was in her 50s died of breast cancer.

March 10, 2019 7:00 PM

I have been going to Dr. BARBOUR for 34 years, he has always been very knowledgeable, and very patient.

March 6, 2019 6:00 PM

He did a great job answering my questions. Very good doctor!

March 1, 2019 6:00 PM

I've been going to Dr. Barbour for many years. He has always been thorough, professional, and caring.

February 26, 2019 6:00 PM

Great doctor who listens and truly cares.

February 22, 2019 6:00 PM

great doctor

February 18, 2019 6:00 PM

I've been going to this provider for 35 yrs. and very confident with his care and diagnostic ability.

February 18, 2019 6:00 PM

I have been a patient of Dr. Barbour's for over 23 years. I will continue to see him as long as he is practicing. I have a great relationship with him. He listens, we go over any questions or concerns and he makes the visit as comfortable as he can.

February 18, 2019 6:00 PM

I have been with Dr Barbour a long time. If he ever retires I will probably not come back unless you have someone who is as kind and understanding. I travel about an hour to see him. He delivered my children and I am a loyal patient. I have never had any problems with the practice.

February 1, 2019 6:00 PM

I have been with this provider for many years. even after moving an hour away 28 years ago, I still continue with my annual check ups due to the quality and care of this provider. Always 5 star service

It took too long to get an appointment. I called months ago to schedule. Receptionist promised she would get me scheduled for 2018. She did not.

January 25, 2019 6:00 PM

I have been his patient for about 35 years. I have never been disappointed. great doctor!

Dr. Barbour is an excellent doctor. He has been my doctor for 37 years. I would recommend him to be one of the best doctors I have known.

I've been Dr.Barbour's patient for over 30 years. I always get the Best care& he actually listens to me& my health concerns w/care& compassion. I feel completely cared for with my female health issues. Thank you Dr. Barbour for many years of guidance & help. Thank you

Dr. Barbour has been my physician for 40 years. i feel that he has always looked out for my best interest.

January 18, 2019 6:00 PM

This provider has always been caring and friendly. He listens and responds thoughtfully to questions. He allows the patient to feel comfortable.

January 14, 2019 6:00 PM

Love Dr Barbour and have been going to this practice for more than 30 years.

December 17, 2018 6:00 PM

He was an excellent listener. He was very gentle. He explained everything so that I was able to understand.

December 4, 2018 6:00 PM

I wish all doctors were as kind, caring, informative as Dr. Barbour.

December 2, 2018 6:00 PM

I have known Dr Barbour for many years. He is such an amazing doctor. Hw is truly excellent.

November 15, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. Barbour spent a lot of time with me and addressed my concerns re: cervical cancer as there is a history in my family. He explained the medical cause for this and why I should not worry.

November 11, 2018 6:00 PM

I have been with him over 35 years. He is an amazing dr. I will not go to a different dr. He is very understanding and very thorough.

October 26, 2018 7:00 PM

I have been with Dr. Barbour for years and trust him completely with my health problems and concerns. Always pass his name on to friends and family.

October 23, 2018 7:00 PM

Visit was very thorough.

October 20, 2018 7:00 PM

Very professional. Easy to talk to.

October 12, 2018 7:00 PM

good experience as usual

October 7, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Barbour is the most spectacular physician. I compare every other doctor I meet to his quality of care. Everyone in my family has been going to him for years and years. He helped catch my mom's breast cancer.

October 7, 2018 7:00 PM

always excellent

October 1, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Barbour is always professional, personable and "in the moment". He answers all questions and offers solutions as well. Dr. Barbour has been my doctor for 30 years.

September 24, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Barbour has been my doctor for over 15 years. He is knowledgeable, professional and always treats me with respect and kindness. He delivered my daughter almost 10 years ago and always inquires how she and my family are doing.

September 24, 2018 7:00 PM

It took 8 months to get an appointment. I do NOT like having to be on a WAITING LIST to get an appointment. Just book the appointments out.

September 19, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr Barbour has always treated me with respect and true concern for my needs. Dr Barbour is one of the best doctors practicing today. Thank you Dr Barbour.

September 17, 2018 7:00 PM

Have been seeing Dr. Barbour for over 37 years! He is fabulous and spends lots of time with me discussing my current health status and questions. The best doctor ever!

September 4, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Barbour also delivered my baby and he was excellent! Forever grateful for the care he provided to me especially during delivery.

August 12, 2018 7:00 PM

Helped with my problem in empathetic and professional manner.

August 7, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Barbour makes me feel like he really cares about my health. He's the best dr.!

August 4, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Barbour has been my doctor for a long time. He delivered our last 2 kids. I've been with this group since our first son who is 21 and our 2nd daughter who is 19. Excellent doctor ,caring and great bed side manners meaning excellent care ! Excellent

July 31, 2018 7:00 PM

visit went fine. realize they were under some scheduling constraints but the officer explained and worked them out well

July 27, 2018 7:00 PM

only issue I had was getting an appointment as my physician had retired. I was familiar with Dr. Barbour as he helped me with another matter. I'm very pleased.

July 9, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Barbour is highly professional and at the same time a warm and interested care provider. I feel very well cared for by Dr. Barbour.

July 1, 2018 7:00 PM

They were very thoughtful with me as I started a new job and my availability is rough. They worked with and I was able to see the doctor. I really liked him. He really took the time to explain things to me and also did a follow-up with my test results.

July 1, 2018 7:00 PM

Great experience as always; Advocate has stepped up their speed with check in and staying on track for appointments---very appreciated for someone with two little kids at home! Helps keep our busy schedule on track.

June 24, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr Barbour is an excellent doctor and a great human being. I always feel in good care. He listens to what I have to say and try to understand the root of the problem to find possible solutions.

June 17, 2018 7:00 PM

This was my first visit with Dr. Barbour during this pregnancy at 28wks. During my visit with him he referenced my 2 previous pregnancy's with facts that proved he reviewed my file BEFORE walking into the exam room. I was very impressed and felt like he was taking the appointment very seriously and individualizing my plan.

June 14, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Barbour has been my OBGYN for over 10 years. I have recommended him to many people. Has always provided excellent care & I can talk to him about anything. He listens!

June 12, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Barbour by far is one of the best physicians I've ever had.

June 3, 2018 7:00 PM

I have been with Dr. Barbour for over 30 years, starting when I was pregnant with my first child and was misdiagnosed from another doctor with a miscarriage which Dr. Barbour diagnosed as a kidney stone. Healthy pregnancy, birth. Always treated with respect, concern and appreciate his caring manner.

May 17, 2018 7:00 PM

I love and respect Dr. Barbour. His care and concern are amazing. However, what good is having this kind of physician, if you can never see him.

May 12, 2018 7:00 PM

I have seen this OBGYN team since we lost our 1st baby 1983 - I love them all!

April 27, 2018 7:00 PM

I have been Dr X's patient for the last 20 years but Dr Barbour delivered 2 of my children. He was and still is one of the most compassionate doctors I have ever been a patient of.

April 25, 2018 7:00 PM

friendly, caring, attentive to detail, good listener, great conversationist, comforting

April 19, 2018 7:00 PM

All the doctors in this practice are amazing!

April 10, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Barbour listens about what you have to say, listens what's happening to you. I feel I am cared well and that whatever any health problem I might have Dr. Barbour finds a solution.

March 18, 2018 7:00 PM

I have been a patient of Dr. Christopher Barbour's for 30+ years. He is outstanding and has provided me with exceptional gyne/OB medical care. I am always treated respectfully. Dr. Barbour always takes time to discuss my concerns, reviews my medical history and recommends appropriate medical follow-up. Dr. Barbour is highly professional and I have valued and trusted his medical expertise throughout my years as his patient. Thank You, Dr. Barbour!!

March 2, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. Barbour is always very professional

March 1, 2018 6:00 PM

Excellent attention & respect.