Charles A Crotteau, MD

Specialty: Family Medicine

Your health and safety is our top priority. Get COVID-19 info, vaccine news and see our no-visitor policy.

Schedule via MyAdvocateAurora

Advocate Medical Group

4600 North Ravenswood Avenue

Second Floor

Chicago, IL 60640

Office: 773-561-7500

Fax: 773-561-7612

Meet Charles A Crotteau, MD

• Gender:
  • Clinical interests: Child DevelopmentDeaf and Hard of Hearing PatientsGynecologyHealthy Moms/Healthy KidsHealthy Steps ProgramImmunizations GivenLactation CounselingNatural ChildbirthNewborn CareObstetricsPap TestPediatricsPrenatal CareWomen's Health
  • Related website: https://www.advocatehealth.com/amg/

• Residency: Rush-Presbyterian St. Luke's Hospital & Medical Center
  • Internship: University of Illinois at Chicago
  • Medical School: Wayne State University School Of Medicine

• Family Medicine

• Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center

Comments

July 13, 2020 4:23 PM

Dr. Crotteau was great! I felt like he really listened to all of my updates and concerns, and as usual, he treated me thoughtfully and holistically.

May 26, 2020 1:36 PM

Good as always.

May 11, 2020 3:00 PM

This doctor is consistently respectful of my needs and I always enjoy the way he includes my input in decisions about my health. I especially feel comfortable talking about my mental health with him.

May 11, 2020 3:00 PM

Great doc, would 100% recommend.

May 6, 2020 7:59 AM

Dr. Crotteau is awesome we appreciate everything he's done for us!

May 6, 2020 7:59 AM

Great experience.

April 9, 2020 4:33 AM

Our doctor is easy to talk to. He is very professional & caring. Visit seemed shorter than usual, but we didn't have any issues to discuss.

April 7, 2020 11:04 AM

Always friendly and courteous - addresses all of my concerns.

April 1, 2020 7:25 AM

Dr. Crotteau is great!

March 19, 2020 6:27 AM

Always treated with respect.

March 13, 2020 8:23 AM

We love Dr. Crotteau!

March 10, 2020 11:47 AM

Dr. Crotteau is the best! He is a great listener, thoughtful clinician, and a wonderful person.

March 7, 2020 5:38 AM

This is one of the best, most accessible and personal doctors I've ever seen- he should be used as a model for all other health care providers

February 11, 2020 8:25 AM

I have already recommended Dr Crotteau to several of my friends. He was incredibly kind, compassionate and caring during my appointment. He walked me through every step of the way of what he was doing and addressed my concerns with empathy. He was fully present in the room with me and didn't make me feel like he had more important patients to be seeing or that I was wasting his time. As long as I'm in Chicago, he will be my go-to doc!

February 10, 2020 1:25 PM

Always great to visit Dr. Crotteau.

January 28, 2020 1:30 PM

Our doctor is very personable and listens carefully to our questions & gives thoughtful answers.

January 15, 2020 7:51 AM

Dr. Crotteau is very attentive to my concerns. He has a way of putting parents at ease and comfortable.

December 26, 2019 11:09 AM

Dr. Crotteau is a good doctor I have him for 20 years. He is a good doctor and also as a person.

December 21, 2019 12:59 PM

Dr. Crotteau has an excellent bedside manner. He is engaging and respectful. He ensures all questions are answered, and his patients are comfortable with everything taking place.

November 6, 2019 11:00 PM

I am thankful for a provider who is engaging. His time and attention are appreciated. I feel like he's attentive and ask good questions. He is helpful and considerate and reports back in good time about results.

October 11, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Crotteau was an extremely helpful, courteous, and friendly doctor who I would gladly recommend to anyone seeking a primary health care provider. He listened to my symptoms, gave me his thoughts and suggestions for how I can help them.

September 22, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Crotteau is the best!

August 26, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Crotteau always shows the most compassion and respect.

August 22, 2019 7:00 PM

Excellent

August 18, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Crotteau and all of the doctors at Advocate Ravenswood are excellent and take the time necessary to answer all questions.

July 22, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Crotteau is a knowledgeable doctor with an excellent bedside manner. He makes the patient feel at ease and takes as much time as is needed for the appointment.

July 19, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Crotteau is an amazing physician. He genuinely cares for his patients and their families.

July 14, 2019 7:00 PM

Very good doctor, I like how they attend to my daughter.

June 4, 2019 7:00 PM

I came in for one thing in particular, but had a list of questions related to what I was coming in for, but a few that weren't related to it. Dr. Crotteau took the time to address all of my questions.

March 30, 2019 7:00 PM

We really appreciated Dr. Crotteau's expertise & manner.

March 10, 2019 7:00 PM

Always a good visit when seeing Dr. Crotteau.

March 5, 2019 6:00 PM

I always like seeing Dr. Crotteau. He knows me and knows how to address all of my concerns.

February 13, 2019 6:00 PM

Dr. Crotteau is an excellent physician.

February 11, 2019 6:00 PM

Dr. Crotteau is always careful, thoughtful, and attentive. We think he's a wonderful doctor, and we are very glad to have our two children under his care.

December 3, 2018 6:00 PM

I had a list of questions prepared and was able to chat with Dr. Crotteau about all of my concerns. He took the time to explain things to me and switched my medicine to one that will hopefully work better. Additionally, he was able to ease my mind about something that I was feeling worried about.

November 9, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. Crutteau is an excellent doctor

October 14, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Crotteau is the best. He makes you feel comfortable and is genuinely thoughtful and caring.

July 6, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Crotteau is the best and absolutely a great Dr. I feel like I'm the crazy patient and he always makes me feel like I'm not a pain in the ass when I think I am. I have been with him so long and he has seen my kids up until the became adults. If he leaves advocate I will have too follow him where ever he goes.

June 21, 2018 7:00 PM

I have only seen Dr. Crotteau a couple times since starting to go to this office. But he is really great. I now try to ONLY schedule my appointments with him!

May 6, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Crotteau is always so kind and caring! He always remembers little things about your health history makes talking about your health really feel like a conversation, not a lecture.

April 4, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Crotteau always makes me glad I met with him. He is always respectful, kind, and thoughtful.

March 8, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. Crotteau was fabulous - he was given my case by chance - he had availability the day I needed follow up for Bell's Palsy and went through all the guidelines to figure out what would be best. I had also developed a very large painful abscess that turned out to be staph & he followed up with me within hours of Radiology appointments. I will be using him as my primary from here on out.

February 28, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. Crotteau is an amazing provider. Never rushes through. Takes every concern seriously.

February 19, 2018 6:00 PM

At 4 p.m. the day prior to the visit I received a call regarding my child's insurance needing work prior to the visit. This caused rapid calls as I was @ work and wanted it completed prior to office close @ 5 p.m. This did not provide enough time.

February 5, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. Crotteau continues to be a patient and compassionate provider to my family. He is an active listener and is encouraging and reassuring. We continue coming to him despite changing insurances to a PPO which allows us to go to any adult or pediatric provider. Even when we come in for the walk-in clinic and he is not the provider, if he is there and knows it is one of my family members he checks in on us.

February 5, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. Crotteau was recommended to us by the nurses at the hospital and over the last 9 years we have been reminded time and time again as to why. He is not only an astute physician, but his is a kind and respectful person who is able to get on the level with both adults and children.

December 24, 2017 6:00 PM