Catherine A. Macyko, MD

Specialty: Pediatrics

Your health and safety is our top priority. Get COVID-19 info, vaccine news and see our limited-visitor policy.

Schedule via LiveWell

Advocate Children's Medical Group

9550 West 167th Street

Orland Park, IL 60467

Office: 708-873-4500

Fax: 708-873-4746

Meet Catherine A. Macyko, MD

• Naval Regional Medical Center
  • Naval Hospital At Charleston
  • Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences, Bethesda, MD

• Pediatrics

• Advocate South Suburban Hospital

Comments

July 20, 2020 10:15 PM

great doctor. you can tell the doctor is genuine and truly cares. makes you feel welcomed as a patient.

July 20, 2020 10:15 PM

great experience

July 6, 2020 2:58 PM

X's doctor is great! she is very helpful, informative and takes time to make sure my husband and I understand.

June 15, 2020 2:00 PM

love my daughter's doctor! she always responds quickly even when emailing her late at night! she's the best.

May 9, 2020 12:01 PM

She was very nice and very helpful and answered all my questions entire staff was very helpful

May 4, 2020 8:44 PM

Dr. Macyko has been wonderful. When I have questions and needs answers, she responds right away.

May 4, 2020 8:44 PM

I definitely feel like I picked the right pediatrician for my newborn.

April 8, 2020 12:48 PM

Our experience has always been outstanding. Dr. Macyko always follows up and care 5.

February 18, 2020 10:38 AM

great doctor

February 18, 2020 10:38 AM

good experience

February 3, 2020 1:25 PM

My son saw Dr. Macyko for his annual check-up and then six days later for what was later diagnosed as Strep Throat. Dr. Macyko was responsive and welcoming in both occasions.

February 3, 2020 1:25 PM

Dr. Macyko is an excellent pediatrician.

December 14, 2019 5:41 AM

I felt as if this provider was too inexperienced with older children. She seemed to have difficulty speaking with him. For example, she startled him when taking a throat swab because she did not warn him.

December 14, 2019 5:41 AM

We were left in the exam room for a long period of time. No one checked on us at all.

October 20, 2019 7:00 PM

Excellent care. Dr. Macyko and X always provide exceptional care.

October 10, 2019 7:00 PM

very good experience

September 24, 2019 7:00 PM

Love Dr. Macyko and her team.

September 8, 2019 7:00 PM

it was very informative.

September 2, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Macyko is an excellent doctor who has been my son's doctor since he was a baby. My son and I feel very comfortable with her medical advise, and explanation of any diagnosis.

September 2, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Macyko is a wonderful pediatrician! We recommend her highly!

September 2, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Macyko and all office staff consistently provide excellent care for my child. They are warm and welcoming at front desk, I never have to wait long for my appointment, I get refills as needed, they fill out school forms for me when needed. I plan to choose Dr. Macyko as my second child's provider (coming soon!).

August 26, 2019 7:00 PM

Great doctor and staff

July 12, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Macyko is an awesome provider, very intelligent and always reassuring. Wait times are always little to none and she is always up to date on my children's vaccines which I love. we travel 40 mins, passing many advocate clinics just for her!

June 30, 2019 7:00 PM

it was great thanks for seeing us when his primary doctor couldn't

June 27, 2019 7:00 PM

Follow up from previous visit. Convenient appointment time. Dr. Macyko is great. Her medical aide on 6/3/19 is our favorite and the most thorough & efficient one on her staff. She is also the most friendly.

June 16, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Macyko is top notch-kind, concerned and respectful, and does a really good job of not making me as a first time parent feel stupid or annoying with my constant questions. she answers emails and calls very fast and shows genuine care and concern for X.

June 12, 2019 7:00 PM

Our MD is wonderful!

May 20, 2019 7:00 PM

Very nice and kind Dr. Macyko she explain every question. She take time with my child.

May 12, 2019 7:00 PM

It is always a great experience visiting Dr.Macyko. She is kind and listens patiently. However, the nursing staff is not at all professional. They talk to you in a condescending manner and are very rude. Also, there are always medical students at this office who take history/perform clinical exam before Dr. Macyko. I don't appreciate this because first it is time consuming and second it upsets my already distressed child who just wants to get well and go home.

May 12, 2019 7:00 PM

very professional and personable and always willing to go above and beyond for her patients (my kids)

May 2, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Macyko is very good. She is understanding and listens well. My son and I always have a good experience.

April 2, 2019 7:00 PM

Catherine Macyko is a wonderful doctor who is forever patient and so caring for her patients - Always fits us in when she's over booked. Lives for her job.

March 18, 2019 7:00 PM

very good experience. satisfied with the dr. she listens carefully and very caring dr.

March 15, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Macyko is always very patient and kind to my children. She listens to my concerns and makes me feel reassured.

Dr. Macyko and her resident were professional, kind, and courteous during my son's visit. I always look forward to seeing her and her staff.

October 19, 2018 7:00 PM

dr Macyko is a great provider. have been with my child her entire life.

October 19, 2018 7:00 PM

great dr always Nice and pleasant

October 19, 2018 7:00 PM

dr macyko has been my child provider for a long time and I trust her completely

September 10, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Macyko & Dr. X are wonderful MD's!! I would recommend them to everyone.

August 21, 2018 7:00 PM

Excellent, caring and a good listener.

August 17, 2018 7:00 PM

great

August 17, 2018 7:00 PM

great

August 12, 2018 7:00 PM

The office and provider are great! The answering center needs work. It seems every time I call the answering center is not able to assist and can not get in touch with the office. It seems to take twice as long to schedule an appointment through the call center. I spent 20 mins on the phone with a nurse, only to be told that my son should see a doctor in the next 24 hours, which was a ridiculous recommendation considering my initial call was to get my child seen that day. The call took way more time than necessary and was extremely frustrating.

July 25, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Macyko is an excellent doctor. She has a genuine love for her patients.

July 20, 2018 7:00 PM

Very good provider she explain everything nice and clear so that you could understand.

July 13, 2018 7:00 PM

great Dr and office staff

July 8, 2018 7:00 PM

we love dr macyko! she is the best around!

June 30, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr Macyko is an awesome Doctor. She always takes time to listen to my questions and will spend time addressing my questions. She's kind and nice to my daughter during every visit!

June 29, 2018 7:00 PM

the medical assistant X bedside manner is not the best. she often words things in an offensive way. Also the newborn rooms could be cleaner, I had to ask staff to clean the exam table again prior to setting mynewborn on it because it was visibly soild with old crumbs and stool from another child.

June 24, 2018 7:00 PM

excellent visit with excellent doctor

June 22, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Macyko and Dr. X were always nice and very helpful doctors- we really enjoyed working with them both! We ultimately decided to switch pediatricians due to the frustrating process you had to go through just to speak to a doctor. There were times I needed to speak to a doctor after hours and had to talk to their nursing call Center first and was forced to answer so many unnecessary questions before even getting to my actual concern for my baby. In addition, most of the nursing staff was great and always friendly. However, one of the nurses seemed quite unprofessional during one of our last visits, which was another reason we questioned changing pediatricians. She also smelled of cigarette smoke. Overall, the doctors were great and it's a shame about the call center. The online messenging was at least helpful!

May 23, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Macyko is an excellent physician. She has been my son's doctor since he was a baby and she was also my two older children's doctor.

May 15, 2018 7:00 PM

Love Dr. Macyko! She is always helpful and reassuring. Her resident doctor working with her that say , Dr. X, was excellent! He was so kind and read a story to my daughter while we waited for Dr. Macyko.

May 2, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Macyko is the best, number 1 for my children.

April 30, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Macyko B. always helpful, kind, and caring. She answers all of our questions thoroughly and provides helpful information and advice.

March 8, 2018 6:00 PM

This provider is very humane. She has a listening ear, no wonder she is a pediatrician. She waited, listened before she answered. We love her very much.

February 12, 2018 6:00 PM

I like the doctor but between waiting in the waiting room and then waiting to see the doctor in the room we were there for 3 hours. that is too long.

January 31, 2018 6:00 PM

She was great! This is my first child and his first fever - I was nervous, but she answered all of my questions!

January 30, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. Macyko & staff are amazing! Your phone call center is terrible, awful, makes us want to change providers. Please return to having phones answered in office. We almost always use patient portal to avoid calling.

January 15, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. Macyko is an excellent pediatrician with exceptional bedside manner.

December 27, 2017 6:00 PM

Dr. Macyko is excellent!!!

COVID-19

Vaccine Update

We’re vaccinating anyone in Illinois and Wisconsin who’s 16 and older – whether you’re our patient or not – with the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines. We’ve paused use of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. See why.

#IGOTMINE