Bonnie J Vastola-Lewan, DO

Specialty: Family Medicine

Your health and safety is our top priority. Get COVID-19 info, vaccine news and see our no-visitor policy.

Schedule via MyAdvocateAurora

• Illinois Health Connect
  • Imagine Health Smart Care
  • Sunrise Advantage Plan
  • UHC / AARP MedicareComplete (Secure Horizons) HMO
  • United Healthcare Select EPO
  • United Healthcare Select PPO

Comments

July 29, 2020 7:42 PM

I can't say enough good things about Bonnie. She's the most calming, reassuring, down-to-earth doctor I've ever had. I have become quite the hypochondriac since being a Mom, and I have a history of GAD anyway, and she always tells me the truth and facts.

July 13, 2020 4:35 PM

I will continue to see Dr. Vastola, Dr. X and Dr. X for my healthcare needs, and have trust in their ability to provide medical care. I appreciate the efforts of the office staff to support me and the doctors.

July 8, 2020 8:07 AM

good

July 6, 2020 1:31 PM

Overall, excellent. I have and will recommend this clinic to others

July 6, 2020 1:31 PM

Takes time to listen and takes seriously all my questions.

July 4, 2020 10:08 AM

kind, compassionate, understanding and thorough.

July 4, 2020 8:50 AM

Very Satisfactory

June 23, 2020 7:33 AM

Dr. Vastola was very friendly and had helpful advice.

June 14, 2020 8:57 AM

Dr Bonnie Vastola is great!!!

June 14, 2020 8:57 AM

great experience with her every time

June 8, 2020 1:36 PM

The dr. was very friendly and easy to talk to. She also explained everything very clearly and with easy to understand dialogue. This was a very pleasant experience that made me feel comfortable considering we are in a global pandemic. She gave excellent patient care!

May 23, 2020 8:35 AM

she listen to everything I had to say.

May 23, 2020 8:35 AM

all very good

May 19, 2020 9:02 AM

I wish she spent more time talking about prevented care, and nutrition. diagnosed with a life long problem and do not know how to handle it except for reading on the Internet. asked to come back when it causes bigger problems. would rather avoid this by getting facts about how to change to a healthy lifestyle.

May 11, 2020 2:28 PM

Thanks for Dr V for her care and attention to detail.

May 11, 2020 2:28 PM

This was a telemed appointment - over zoom. Everything went well - the survey did not recognize this and some questions were asked for a traditional office visit - how was your check in? etc. I was impressed that Advocate did contact me via phone to answer my email question (my preferred communication with my Dr) to say they had tele appointment available.

May 5, 2020 7:54 AM

Dr. Vastola. My experience with Dr. Vastola is always very good. I give (10) and I recommend it with my family and friends.

May 5, 2020 7:54 AM

I have a very good experience with Dr. Vastola. She always pay attention to my question and she gives me the best options, I am very happy with my doctor.

April 28, 2020 5:13 PM

great

April 27, 2020 6:51 PM

She is such an excellent doctor. I always feel comfortable with any decisions we make together about my health. She has empathy and knowledge.

April 27, 2020 6:51 PM

Thanks as always for excellent care.

April 27, 2020 1:52 PM

Very good experience since Dr. Vastola figured out why I was having numbness in my toes and gave me exercises to do which completely cleared it up

April 27, 2020 10:20 AM

Dr. Vastola is a dream to have as my primary. She always listens & works for a solutions.

March 31, 2020 4:57 PM

Dr. Vastola-Lewan has been my Primary Provider for over 10 years. This visit and all visits have been excellent. She is thorough, professional and a very caring physician.

March 31, 2020 6:30 AM

My provider was extremely helpful. & kind.

March 30, 2020 7:05 PM

This was a telephone visit appointment for an eye infection with a doctor who had availability. This was a positive experience.

March 30, 2020 7:05 PM

She was pleasant and professional, listening to my symptoms and prescribing medication to cure my infection.

March 23, 2020 7:47 AM

Follow-up to a new medicine - always knows why I'm there.

March 23, 2020 7:47 AM

I love her - she's respectful, knowledgeable, takes her time & makes you feel like a person not a number. Just super hard to get into her & staff at front - receptionists always seem too busy to help & generally rude!!!

March 19, 2020 5:57 AM

First visit with this doctor for physical exam. She was very thoughtful, listened to my concerns, and was great with her explanation of things and not making me feel like I am the only one going through things.

March 19, 2020 5:57 AM

Very good experience.

March 12, 2020 10:05 AM

Dr. Vastola-Lewan is a knowledgeable, compassionate and excellent doctor. Would highly recommend her to anyone.

March 12, 2020 10:05 AM

Although going to the doctor is never "fun." Dr. Vastola-Lewan provides excellent care.

March 11, 2020 10:17 AM

Dr V is always the utmost professional and has built a relationship of trust with me.

March 11, 2020 10:17 AM

The whole team at Batavia clinic is very good.

March 10, 2020 7:44 PM

She's always happy and upbeat

March 10, 2020 7:44 PM

exceptional

March 2, 2020 10:37 PM

Love Dr. V. Always cheerful and easy to talk to. She was very concerned and compassionate about the recent loss of my husband.

March 2, 2020 8:45 PM

Good experience, normal conversation and no surprises for age appropriate screening ordered. Normal blood panels ordered for my age. Very happy with service provided.

February 26, 2020 5:13 PM

Good Dr and Nurse

February 24, 2020 6:43 PM

Bonnie Vastola is honest, caring and very considerate.

February 24, 2020 4:47 PM

Dr Vastola was amiable, caring, knowledgeable and helpful, as she always is.

February 24, 2020 4:47 PM

Good experience.

February 23, 2020 1:22 PM

Experience with Dr Vastola is very good. However, it was and is very difficult to make appointments with her when sick as she is usually booked up well into the future. I had to go to urgent care three times instead and by then developed "walking" pneumonia. Maybe result would have been the same with Dr. Vastola, but for continuity it would have been nice to see Dr. Vastola instead of going to urgent care.

February 20, 2020 2:05 PM

Dr. is fabulous, front desk not all are friendly and nurse is awful, talks too fast & does not listen, gets things wrong, rushes you.

February 18, 2020 1:23 PM

Dr. Vastola-Lewan is the most patient, friendliest doc I have ever met. I wish I met her years ago!

February 17, 2020 2:07 PM

we have been patients of this clinic for many years, with various providers and the walk in clinic. this was the first of 2 recent visits where the same receptionist was rude and lacked concern. she was reported to manager on duty.

February 14, 2020 1:50 PM

Dr. Vastola is a great & caring doctor! I'm glad I found her due to my high cholesterol! Her assistant also helped me 1 time!

February 10, 2020 2:41 PM

good

February 9, 2020 3:20 PM

Dr. Vastola does a great job. she always listens first and then asks questions. I feel very confident with her as a Dr and I know I can ask her anything and she will treat any question with respect.

January 28, 2020 1:20 PM

10/10 would recommend.

January 28, 2020 10:07 AM

Dr. Vastola is excellent!

January 28, 2020 10:07 AM

Always a worthwhile visit!

January 25, 2020 10:52 AM

Always have an excellent experience with Dr. Vastola. Shes the best.

January 21, 2020 7:58 AM

Pleasant as usual

January 21, 2020 7:58 AM

Consistently have had a professional doctor-patient relationship which is why I have been with my doctor for several years.

January 20, 2020 3:51 PM

This provider and every provider I have had here as either been a "9" or "10". Prior to coming here I was at a clinic where it got to the point I hated going or calling the doctors office because of how poorly the staff were, including the nurses. The doctor was pretty good, but that was it. I felt like I had to fight with the nurses to follow up on what the doctor told me to do. Sometimes if the doctor here recommends a procedure I don't even make it to my car and the office from the specialist is calling to set up an appointment.

January 20, 2020 3:51 PM

I don't believe I have EVER had a bad experience with any provider. The physical therapists was great and the team there. The registration ladies are nice. I can not say enough good things about the people there.

January 13, 2020 2:07 PM

Dr. Vastola-Lewan has genuine concern for her patient's wellbeing. she is excellent at listening to a patient's concern. She is one of the best primary care physicians at Advocate.

January 13, 2020 2:07 PM

I have been with Advocate (formerly Advocate Dreyer) for over 30 years. I had several different primary care physicians during that time. Dr. Vastola-Lewan is by far the best PCP. She cares about her patients and their health. I was especially pleased by the fact that she noted my recent weight loss and encouraged me to continue to improve my health in the future.

December 31, 2019 10:36 AM

Dr Vastola is an exceptional provider. She is an evidence-based, caring doctor. her care ensures I can continue to work. thank you!

December 17, 2019 9:30 AM

This provider is easy to talk with and offered positive suggestions during this visit.

December 17, 2019 9:30 AM

Scheduling appointments via the Advocate website is very difficult. This appointment was not coded as an annual checkup as I expected it to be. I was unable to schedule a follow up mammogram via the website because only out-of-state offices were offered as options. I would prefer to use the website for communication and scheduling but I cannot rely on it for accurate, timely information.

December 16, 2019 4:09 PM

I have been seeing Dr. Vastola several years, she is wonderful, never rushed, always helpful. She ordered some testing for my on-going Migraine issues and discussed effectiveness of treatments we have tried. She is truly the best Primary Care Physician I have ever had.

December 9, 2019 9:52 AM

Dr V is always energetic, supportive and informative, especially now as I'm working on improving my health - weight, eating habits and exercise.

December 4, 2019 12:54 PM

Good. Staff are always very friendly and attentive.

December 3, 2019 4:36 PM

Dr. Vistola did a fine job.

November 26, 2019 11:16 AM

Like Dr. Vastola, she is easy to talk to and she listens and teats me as a person not just another body walking through the door.

November 25, 2019 10:55 AM

Dr. Vastola was terrific. She was kind, considerate and a good listener. She was non-judgemental and offered good suggestions and didn't rush me.

November 11, 2019 1:20 PM

I came in for new medication that my therapist recommended. Bonnie was extremely understanding, knowledgeable, and kind.

November 11, 2019 1:20 PM

I will definitely be coming back to see Bonnie because I need a primary care physician and she was great! I was very pleased.

November 10, 2019 11:00 PM

Dr. Bonnie is amazing! She is so personable, caring, and friendly. She makes her patients feel at ease. She explained my condition in a simple and understandable way. She was supportive of my worries and made me feel comfortable.

November 6, 2019 6:01 AM

Doc is always great. She's genuine, she listen's and cares about all facets of my life & health. Best doc I've ever had.

October 30, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Vastola is an excellent doctor. So fortunate to have her as my doctor!

October 22, 2019 7:00 PM

The Dr is great, however since being take over by Advocate, it is more difficult to get an appointment within a 3 week period and I noticed how rushed she was during the visit. there is definitely the feeling that she is expected to spend less time with her patients than before she was part of Advocate.

October 21, 2019 7:00 PM

she was concerned, insightful, and very helpful with my stress problem.

October 20, 2019 7:00 PM

=I am very pleased with Dr. Vastol - she listens - is very patient explaining issues A+

October 16, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Vastola-Lewan has been my primary provider for over 10 years. She has surpassed my expectations during this time. My blood tests re diabetes and cholesterol have been close to normal. I have followed ALL her recommendations during this time confirmed by positive blood tests. I have 2 siblings with catastrophic testing for diabetes. One will lose his sight within next year. Dr. Vastola has shown me how to avoid diabetes taking over my life!

October 16, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Vastola is one of the most knowledgeable, caring and attentive physicians I have ever had - It's a privilege to be her patient and her staff is excellent.

October 13, 2019 7:00 PM

It was excellent, and I always enjoy meeting with her.

October 13, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. vastola is great. She is very direct and treats me with respect.

October 13, 2019 7:00 PM

She's great

October 4, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr V listens and truly cares about how my health is.

September 28, 2019 7:00 PM

I ike Doctor Vastola, she listens to me, explains well, I have confidence in her.

September 28, 2019 7:00 PM

I can never say enough about Dr. Vastola. She has always done her very best to squeeze me in instead of making me wait for a far out apt. She trys so hard to help me and that's not easy due to my complicated situation. She is always so polite and caring. She is like a family member. speaking of family member, I like her so much that I have my daughter, my most prize possession see her. My oldest sister sees her, my second oldest sister goes to see her, my mom was seeing her until her insurance changed. I would never recommend her to them if she wasn't so good to me. I have recommended her to several of my coworkers who love her too. It is hard to find a doctor that you can trust and feel comfortable enough to talk about anything you need and I have this with Dr. Vastola. She is the best. I pray she never leaves because I would be lost without her.

September 26, 2019 7:00 PM

Always a good experience. Doctor is very attentive & makes me feel comfortable.

September 21, 2019 7:00 PM

Very easy to talk to, understand and get advice from.

September 18, 2019 7:00 PM

Very good - as usual w/Dr. Vastola. She's excellent.

September 17, 2019 7:00 PM

On time and efficient.

September 9, 2019 7:00 PM

This was a pre-op visit for a brain aneurysm (repaired) follow-up angiogram w/another doctor - I also have lupus, high blood pressure and had thyroid cancer. I can't express just how happy I am with the care I get from my (Dreyer) doctors. I love that they are all connected in reference to my care! The Dreyer clinics have always given excellent care - - from the receptionists, the nurses & techs down to the doctors. I only hope that that never disappears under the Advocate name!

September 9, 2019 7:00 PM

It was a good one. I consider Dr. Vastola a friend.

August 23, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr was upbeat and very pleasent

August 22, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr vestola was helpful and share with me some valuable information about health and ordered routine blood tests, colon, and mammogram that hadn't been done in two years. I'm thankful that I went to her and hope the results are good ones.

August 21, 2019 7:00 PM

My doctor was very caring, informative, and insightful. She spent time answering my questions and explaining everything and did not rush me.

August 21, 2019 7:00 PM

First time patient. Exceeded expectations. Looking forward to a lasting health relationship!

August 11, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Vastola-Lewan was friendly, concerned about my health and well-being, and answered questions I had about my blood tests. She is an excellent physician who is very thorough and an excellent listener.

August 4, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Vastola is a caring doctor who truly thinks about what is best for me. She listens to my Mom & Dad and discusses at great length reasons for her decisions. We all appreciate her knowledge as well as her kindness and caring approach.

August 2, 2019 7:00 PM

dr. Vastola is an amazing Dr and always listens to my concerns.

August 2, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Bonnie was amazing! She was relatable, approachable, heard what I had to say and was supportive. She made everything so easy! She is easily the best doctor I've had as an adult...probably why I've historically been bad about getting routine physicals until now haha

July 28, 2019 7:00 PM

Always enjoy my annual visit with my primary care doctor. We discuss my overall health and any problems I have. She gives me very good suggestions to correct my problems.