Allan Ruby, MD

• Undergraduate Degree: Cornell University Medical College
  • Residency: Illinois Masonic Medical Center
  • Internship: Illinois Masonic Medical Center
  • Medical School: University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Advocate South Suburban Hospital

Comments

March 30, 2020 4:31 PM

ist time visit-my regular dr. retired. was pleased with my care

March 30, 2020 4:31 PM

good experience.

February 24, 2020 5:22 PM

Dr. Allen Ruby is the best! Everything flowed perfectly that day

February 24, 2020 5:22 PM

I always feel comfortable being when I see him. He never rushes and is always there to ask questions! I'm also a Vegan and he only said positive things. I appreciate that.

January 31, 2020 11:29 AM

Excellent communicator. Shows concern. Personable. I would highly recommend him.

January 24, 2020 11:00 PM

Dr. Ruby was wonderful. He took the time to discuss my personal health and was very considerate. He explained things thoroughly. Very pleasant and personable.

January 24, 2020 11:00 PM

Excellent experience.

December 26, 2019 2:51 AM

Dr. Ruby is professional, conscientious and easy to talk to, he's one of my favorite doctors.

December 5, 2019 7:30 AM

Dr. Ruby was very easy to talk to; explained everything completely.

December 5, 2019 7:30 AM

Excellent experience.

November 30, 2019 12:46 PM

On October 28, 19. I had appointment with Dr. Alla Ruby I was pleased with the service that Dr. Ruby performed he was very experience in dealing with me as a new patient.

November 30, 2019 12:46 PM

Love Dr. Ruby great bedside manner. Thanks.

November 21, 2019 11:06 AM

Dr. Ruby is easy to communicate with. Caring & knowledgeable. He takes the time to explain things.

November 12, 2019 11:00 PM

very understanding

November 7, 2019 10:45 AM

This provider was the best provider I have met in long time. Took time with you, listened to you, seem to care about you.

November 7, 2019 10:45 AM

Compassionate to his patients. I noticed this. I didn't feel alone with this new doctor.

November 6, 2019 10:27 AM

It was a good experience. Just went in for a check-up and everything went smoothly.

October 27, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Ruby is great. best doctor out there.

October 24, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Ruby is excellent!

October 14, 2019 7:00 PM

Covered a wide range of topics.

October 2, 2019 7:00 PM

I felt that Dr. Ruby was excellent. He took the time to get to know me and discussed any questions I had about particular issues.

August 25, 2019 7:00 PM

Yes thank you!

August 25, 2019 7:00 PM

I love Dr. Ruby.

June 17, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Ruby is amazing! I went in with some concerns after a brief hospital stay and got more answers. He explained everything so very clear.

June 9, 2019 7:00 PM

Good experience.

May 13, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Ruby was absolutely excellent. He is extremely knowledgeable & listens very well.

May 6, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr Ruby and staff are always courteous and professional.

April 25, 2019 7:00 PM

Definitely knowledgeable.

March 10, 2019 7:00 PM

very difficult to reach my doctor and the office he is in

February 24, 2019 6:00 PM

Dr. Ruby has a great bedside manner. He is very easy to talk to. And he gives answers you understand.

February 11, 2019 6:00 PM

While the Doctor and nurses are nice and helpful there is one receptionist that has completely tainted my experience at this office. Her name is X (possibly misspelled). I find her to be very rude and somewhat condescending over the telephone. I am a patient and I simply called to find out if short term disability correspondence I dropped off 2/9/2019 had been sent to Guardian per my request. X became noticeably agitated after I requested to speak to the nurse rather then constantly have X relay answers to questions such as have I gone on leave yet, when is my due date, etc. I worked for NorthShore University HealthSystem for seven plus years and her phone demeanor was a very poor depiction of Advocate Medical Group, at least I hope.

I feel safe and comfortable!!!

January 25, 2019 6:00 PM

I was told I have a cyst on my ovary and we would need to do a follow up ultrasound. I was told the ultrasound did not appear abnormal and the cyst had likely ruptured. I asked "why am I still having the same pain if it ruptured already" I HAVE NIT RECEIVED AN ANSWER TO MY QUESTION! I was put on birth control to "stop me from ovulating" instead I bled for 2 weeks with the same amount of pain as before. I will be going to get a second opinion because the follow up care from this establishment is nonexistent.

January 20, 2019 6:00 PM

good experience with Dr.Ruby. however, someone in the office needs to take his lab coat and wash it. It had several dried blood stains on it.

December 6, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. Ruby is very pleasant to deal with and has a great personality. He is very communicative and takes the time to explain things in detail.

November 18, 2018 6:00 PM

When calling for an appointment with my regular Gyne doctor I learned that he had retired in June 2018. To my surprise, there was no letter, e-mail, or any other communication sent out informing patients that he was retiring. This is so unacceptable. However, I chose Dr. Ruby because he worked in the office with my previous Dr. When Dr. Ruby entered the room and introduced himself, he started to ask me questions. That prompted me to ask if he had read my history. He said he had not. He then left the room and came back to say that he had took the opportunity to read my history.

October 31, 2018 7:00 PM

As always a very good experience.

October 19, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Ruby is highly professional and extremely easy to speak with. He cared about my health concerns and worked hard to explain the condition and resolutions. Wonderful physician

October 7, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Ruby is a wonderful provider, he always takes his time to discuss your healthcare needs. He is EXCELLENT! Love you Dr. Ruby!

September 23, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Ruby is very thorough and does a great job of explaining things in easy terms in concepts so that you ndesramd what's happening in your body. he also does an excellent job at explaining all treatment options.

September 22, 2018 7:00 PM

Provider was pleasant. Listen to my complaint and try to answer them to satisfy me. This is my 1st visit. Too soon to really give a experience in more detail.

September 12, 2018 7:00 PM

Best doctor's office I switched to during my pregnancy!

September 6, 2018 7:00 PM

Initially was concerned because I have seen Dr. Rosner for over 25 years and this visit was one year post hysterectomy f/u for cervical cancer so I was already anxious. I was extremely impressed with Dr. Ruby. He made me feel very comfortable and really took the time to answer my questions and address my concerns. I highly recommend him as a provider.

September 3, 2018 7:00 PM

would follow dr ruby anywhere excellent dr

August 29, 2018 7:00 PM

This is my first visit with this provider. He very gentle and explanatory. He assessed me from head to toe and let me know what he discovered that was not right which he asked me to follow up with my primary doctor. My previous gynecologists have not done. In one word he is the best.

August 5, 2018 7:00 PM

I thought Dr. Ruby was very professional and knowledgeable. I appreciated him going beyond the routine care to try to identify the cause of my concern. I will definitely see him again and have already referred friends.

July 27, 2018 7:00 PM

awesome experience

July 12, 2018 7:00 PM

He was very informative, gave me plenty to think as to why or why not have surgery. The risk factors.

May 28, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Ruby is great. He helped me a lot! Finally I am healed enough to his satisfaction and do not need to see him for another year.

May 27, 2018 7:00 PM

Great Dr, I just don't like the waiting time

April 8, 2018 7:00 PM

Wait time was long. It usually isn't, I hope next time I won't have to wait so long. Otherwise it was a good visit.

March 18, 2018 7:00 PM

In general all my visits with Dr. Ruby are very good. Always listens to me & tries to solve my medical problems.

February 25, 2018 6:00 PM

I love it

February 15, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. Ruby was very nice and I loved him! He apologized for running late & had great bedside manner. I will always see him for future visits!

January 29, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. Ruby was very kind and addressed all of my concerns.

January 29, 2018 6:00 PM

wonderful except the 2 hour wait past appointment time to be seen.

December 1, 2017 6:00 PM

Dr Ruby is a very caring physician & spends time assuring all your questions & concerns are addressed.

November 24, 2017 6:00 PM

Dr Ruby is a very pleasant doctor. I always feel comfortable talking to him about any questions or concerns I may have.