Alan S. Brown, MD

Office: 630-527-2730

Fax: 630-527-2754

Meet Alan S. Brown, MD

• Secondary languages: Spanish
  • Gender:
  • Primary area of focus: Cholesterol Therapy
  • Clinical interests: DyslipidemiaEchocardiographyFamilial HypercholesterolemiaFHInterventional CardiologyNon-Invasive CardiologyPreventative CardiologyValvular Heart Disease
  • Related website: https://www.advocatehealth.com/amg/

• Fellowship: Loyola University Medical Center, Cardiovascular Disease
  • Residency: Loyola University Medical Center, Internal Medicine
  • Medical School: Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine

• Cardiology

• Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital
  • Advocate Medical Group

Comments

February 3, 2020 8:34 AM

The only negative was the long wait past my appointment time of 75 min.

February 3, 2020 8:34 AM

Dr. Brown is very, very focused on each patient. He listens and never rushes an appt. He takes great care to show you recent research that pertains to our situation. If he wasn't so caring and thorough I would not tolerate the long wait every time. He is worth it!!! I wish more doctors were like him!

October 22, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Brown has been my cardiologist for many years & was the cardiologist for parents. I trust him the most out of all of my doctors. He truly cares & respects me.

September 29, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Brown has been my Cardiologist for 23 years. He is the best of thebest. without his care I would nothave reach 81 years.

September 11, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Brown is the best doctor for my care. He is very helpful and very gracious.

August 28, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Brown is always excellent & accommodating to me.

August 26, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr Brown is awesome!!

August 21, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Brown was terrific.

July 18, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Brown could not be a better cardiologist.

June 16, 2019 7:00 PM

Dr. Brown has been our cardio doctor for many years and we are very fortunate he is available to us as we trust him fully. He has been taking excellent care of us and we need him whenever needed. He is also taking care of our son so Dr. Brown is OUR doctor..... Thanks Dr. Brown,

January 14, 2019 6:00 PM

Dr. Brown is amazing: he is insightful - skilled & artful as my (new new) cardiologist - compassionate AND FUNNY.

December 26, 2018 6:00 PM

always a good experience talking with dr brown.

November 24, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. Alan Brown is very knowledgeable, caring and respectful, I would recommend him to friends and families.

October 28, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Alan Brown is an excellent professional who shows care and compassion which sometimes is not evident with others.

October 28, 2018 7:00 PM

Okay, but I did not like the wait. Two hours wait...11:15 appointment and saw at 1:15

October 8, 2018 7:00 PM

It was great!

October 7, 2018 7:00 PM

the best!!!!

September 13, 2018 7:00 PM

I had two visits with Dr. Alan Brown. Dr. Brown is very kind and courteous. I have swelled ankles for three years. Dr. Brown referred me to Dr. X (vein doctor).

September 12, 2018 7:00 PM

Excellent doctor, very well knowledgeable & not too pushy with prescription drugs!

September 3, 2018 7:00 PM

this was my first experience seeingDr Brown for an office. It was a very good experience and I am very confident and comfortable with the care and attention and advice Dr Brown has given me .

August 30, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Alan Brown is one of the best cardiologists in the nation. He truly cares about his patients. He is respectfully honest with me. My parents were patients of his, & he knows my family history better than any other doctor.

July 21, 2018 7:00 PM

great

June 18, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Alan Brown has taken care of me and my wife. I consider Dr. Brown to be the top - finest cardio doctor and got to him for assistance always - No one better!!

April 15, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Alan Brown's input for my health issues and care is simply exceptional and has always been optimal. His standard has never changed. He puts proper perspective, control and in my case, works with the insurance to fight for my medical needs. Likewise, his office team and staff like Kim and Susan are simply amazing. They all provide the best care for the patients! I speak very highly of them at many of my appointments as a doctor and team who are just the best.

April 15, 2018 7:00 PM

I respect his profession, and his honesty,and compassion.

April 15, 2018 7:00 PM

This was my first meeting with Dr. Brown as a referral and was very gratified at the caliber of his demeanor, patience, and wholistic knowledge. the ability to get immediate testing with results greatly enhanced understanding of my condition. In that I am a health care provider, I truly appreciate the time and energy expended to have this appointment. Very knowledgeable and caring sopport staff.

April 10, 2018 7:00 PM

Dr. Alan Brown is an Excellent professional!

March 9, 2018 6:00 PM

The best Doctor!

February 27, 2018 6:00 PM

I wanted to add that the nurse did a great job teaching me how to use my new injectable medication. She was patient; professional, FYI I was unable to open either of the links sent to me to see my test results.

February 19, 2018 6:00 PM

Provider goes out of this way to give the best quality of care to his patients you couldn't want a better dr. It's nice to know he's always caring about your health and what he can do for you.

February 5, 2018 6:00 PM

it was excellant

February 4, 2018 6:00 PM

As always - great visit with Dr Brown.

January 25, 2018 6:00 PM

I was amazed at quick response by Dr. Brown & his incredible knowledge on my illness.

January 14, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. Brown treats my wife and I as our cardiologist. he has always been one of our favorite and complete health providers. his genuine care and manner is the best we have experiences and his colleagues fall into that same category! thank you XX for such great doctors!

January 2, 2018 6:00 PM

Dr. Brown is a great doctor - Over many years (since 2000) he and his staff have worked wonders with me to help my health

December 27, 2017 6:00 PM

All concerns I had were answered - A test was provided to find out if I had an irregular heart beat, putting me at ease.

December 22, 2017 6:00 PM

Dr. Brown is excellent.

December 17, 2017 6:00 PM

Dr Brown is extremely a very knowledgeable and caring doctor. I have been his patient for the past 30 years. He has provided the best care and makes my health his priority. I'm lucky he is my doctor?

December 3, 2017 6:00 PM

excellent

November 21, 2017 6:00 PM

Thank you Dr. Brown for your years of care.

November 17, 2017 6:00 PM

The nurse who came in Pio to Dr. Brown's visit was excellent and extremely thorough!

November 9, 2017 6:00 PM

Excellent with full knowledge. Kine & compassionate.

October 9, 2017 7:00 PM

Great doctor who is exceptionally professional and caring.

September 12, 2017 7:00 PM

I had an excellent visit to address newer symptoms and was glad to meet with Dr. Brown so, that he was aware of some of the prevalent health issues and also, what could be done to understand and alleviate the problems. I am always extremely grateful for his understanding and guidance leading also, to referrals to other Advocate specialists. He is so resourceful and the most helpful doctor.

September 1, 2017 7:00 PM

Dr.Brown. is a wonderful, empathetic Doctor, he knows the ins and outs of the human body and mind, I would recommend him to everyone I know. He has treated me with great care and respect and I am here today because he knew what to do and who to call to save my life. Dr. Brown and his colleague Dr, XX are both great humanitarians, and should definetly be commended for the contributions to your hospital and Advocate health system, you all should be very glad to have a doctor of his caliber and empathy among you. I don't give complimemts to often so when I do I mean every word. just the greatest doctors.

August 11, 2017 7:00 PM

Really liked Dr. Brown. I felt he had my best interest at heart.

August 9, 2017 7:00 PM

Very good.

July 30, 2017 7:00 PM

Dr. Brown shows exceptional knowledge of the medical literature and explains everything thoroughly - a trait everyone wants in his physician. A pleasure to see.

July 14, 2017 7:00 PM

I was VERY impressed with Dr. Brown. Dr. Brown has probably saved me from having a major heart attack. A very good doctor and wonderful bedside manners.